PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls

Psycho Ward 86
12-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Game ball: Ill give mine to Bell for picking up more 1st downs than anybody by far. Just an absolute chainmover, even if defenses have figured out to be patient in attacking him.

Game goat: Coty Sensabaugh for just putrid coverage. Bro, you got benched for a rookie thats been injured pretty much all offseason and most of this season. Embarassing. Haden cant come back fast enough

The ultimate game ball will go to God if he spares Shazier from paralysis and an early retirement. Lets all pray for the guy. Scary stuff.

polamalubeast
12-04-2017, 11:42 PM
Bell is also my game ball.....Ben and Brown deserve also a mention.

Shoes
12-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Bryant played well tonight, hope he continues to improve. Some nice catches and KO return. When he kicks in the afterburners man does he cover some ground.

Mojouw
12-04-2017, 11:52 PM
Entire coaching staff. Down 17-0 and a seemingly catastrophic injury to a team star that had more than one player visibly emotional. Then calling on the rookie CB to start the half. On top of that, your other playcalling LB goes out. Now your down to your 4th ILB and your backup FS. The fact that the defense stayed moderately organized and somewhat effective is an achievement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teegre
12-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Game ball: Marvin Lewis

(Extend the man!!!)

Shoes
12-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Game ball: Marvin Lewis

(Extend the man!!!)

LMAO!

86WARD
12-04-2017, 11:58 PM
Game Ball: Bell and Boz.
Goat: Danny Smith

Mojouw
12-05-2017, 12:09 AM
ANother game ball from me is William Gay. Wasn't "Big PLay" Willie Gay tonight, but he served as another defensive coach on a night where the Steelers defense needed all the help it could get.

On offense - the same as it always is -- Ben, Bell, and Brown. Sure Brown dropped a couple, but hanging on to that TD while getting levelled by the safety? C'mon man, that's amazing. Bell just ripped out the Bengals hearts like 3 or 4 times. Would not be denied.

Final game ball goes to those two Bengals defenders that just let Bell waltz into the endzone. I've seen some stupid crap in my day, but that was right up there. Can you all imagine if that was Dupree and Burns combining for that against Joe Mixon? Most would already have Tomlin fired! But as Teegre said, let us all hope for a Marvin Lewis extension. After all his team had what, 300 yards in penalties tonight?

- - - Updated - - -

Game Ball: Bell and Boz.
Goat: Danny Smith

Not trying to start an argument, but how is it Smith's fault that Wilcox and Allen held multiple times? Take those holding plays away and special teams has a a TD and doesn't give up hardly anything to an effective returner on the other side.

Goodness, I don't like being on the "pro" Danny Smith side, but he certainly didn't coach them to go out there and hold.

Plus, I remain convinced that the first hold on Wilcox was a "make-up" call for the ticky-tack hold against the Bengals that took the 3rd Green TD away.

st33lersguy
12-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Balls: AB, nice night for a guy who had a toe injury. Bell, another productive night. Bo$ does it again. Juju, nice hit. Tell me he's not Jones ward clone

Goats: Cotwan sensablake was vomit inducing. The refs sucked ass once again.
Special goat goes to the Bengal organization and their Neanderthal fans. You guys are pathetic. Maybe you losers should spend more time not blowing games and less time pretending to be tough

teegre
12-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Final game ball goes to those two Bengals defenders that just let Bell waltz into the endzone. I've seen some stupid crap in my day, but that was right up there.

Reminiscent of Kordell against the Taperiots in the 1997 playoffs.

Craic
12-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Game Ball: Bell is the obvious choice, but tonight, I think I want to go with a little less obvious. Ben. He orchestrated 20 points in 24 minutes against what was supposedly the toughest or one of the toughest redzone teams in the NFL. Now, along with him, obvious balls go to Bell, Brown, and Bozworth. a HM goes to Ju Ju for his downfield blocking. Beauty of a thing. The taunting was classless, but the block itself was gorgeous.

The entire defense gets a gameball for gutting out the second half with heavy hearts.

Coaches for making the move to stick a rookie at CB in a divisional game in December while we were trailing and don't yet have the AFCN tied up as well as being in a race for a bye week in the playoffs.

Goat: Announcers. First half offense. Sensabaugh.

86WARD
Not trying to start an argument, but how is it Smith's fault that Wilcox and Allen held multiple times? Take those holding plays away and special teams has a a TD and doesn't give up hardly anything to an effective returner on the other side.

Goodness, I don't like being on the "pro" Danny Smith side, but he certainly didn't coach them to go out there and hold.

Plus, I remain convinced that the first hold on Wilcox was a "make-up" call for the ticky-tack hold against the Bengals that took the 3rd Green TD away.

It happens on a weekly basis and it happens multiple times on a weekly basis. At some point, it has to come back to the person in charge of that unit. He definitely didn’t coach them to go out and hold, however, it doesn’t seem like he’s coaching them not to hold either. It’s every week there’s something that goes wrong on special teams...

Mojouw
Reminiscent of Kordell against the Taperiots in the 1997 playoffs.

Don't remember what your calling on right now? Care to enlighten my feeble recall?

teegre
12-05-2017, 12:17 AM
Don't remember what your calling on right now? Care to enlighten my feeble recall?

Kordell was running along the sidelines, and the Taperiots defenders did the exact same thing: no one pushed him out of bounds.

Mojouw
12-05-2017, 12:21 AM
It happens on a weekly basis and it happens multiple times on a weekly basis. At some point, it has to come back to the person in charge of that unit. He definitely didn’t coach them to go out and hold, however, it doesn’t seem like he’s coaching them not to hold either. It’s every week there’s something that goes wrong on special teams...

Fair enough. But he also coaches a unit that has been opening return lanes since MB has been back there. And the days of ridiculous returns against seem to have dried up. Long story short, I wouldn't care if Danny Smith didn't work here anymore, but at least he isn't way the team is losing games anymore...

Of course that means the next few weeks will feature about 500+ return yards against the Steelers....

- - - Updated - - -

Kordell was running along the sidelines, and the Taperiots defenders did the exact same thing: no one pushed him out of bounds.

Was that the one with all the fog? Just tried to find it on Youtube and got distracted...

teegre
12-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Was that the one with all the fog? Just tried to find it on Youtube and got distracted...

The fog game was 1996. (Leroy Thompson was starting at RB. Ugh )

The game I’m referring to was a 6-7 victory, where Mike Vrabel (as a Steeler) sacked Bledsoe to end the game.

And, I can’t find it on YouTube, either.

86WARD
12-05-2017, 12:28 AM
Fair enough. But he also coaches a unit that has been opening return lanes since MB has been back there. And the days of ridiculous returns against seem to have dried up. Long story short, I wouldn't care if Danny Smith didn't work here anymore, but at least he isn't way the team is losing games anymore...

Of course that means the next few weeks will feature about 500+ return yards against the Steelers....

- - - Updated - - -

The coverage teams have improved. I’m not convinced that is his doing or the personnel that is in there is a better group of players, but they are leaps and bounds better as a coverage unit. Also there’s the fact it took so long for him to realize that Jesse James was a liability on the FG Unit...something which Steelers Depot and members here brought up a couple weeks before he realized it and a FG attempt was blocked. He should be the first to see something like that. That’s a potential game changer...

fansince'76
12-05-2017, 12:30 AM

The game I’m referring to was a 6-7 victory, where Mike Vrabel (as a Steeler) sacked Bledsoe to end the game.

Here you go: http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/1997_Playoffs_Steelers_7_vs_Patriots_6.html

Mojouw
12-05-2017, 12:32 AM

OK. And the next one was against the Broncos and Stewart had, let's just go with "issues" in that game. I tend to remember the ones that frustrate me better than ones that go the Steelers way!

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go: http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/1997_Playoffs_Steelers_7_vs_Patriots_6.html

Bruener with a key block. Oh man...imagine if Jesse James blocked like him?

fansince'76
12-05-2017, 12:36 AM
Bruener with a key block. Oh man...imagine if Jesse James blocked like him?

On a side note, I almost forgot about Yancey Thigpen. :chuckle:

Butch
12-05-2017, 12:36 AM
Hero - JU JU SMITH SCHUSTER!!! His hit energized the team.

Goats - Announcers are absolutely horrible, classless bungles organization, Sensabaugh

teegre
12-05-2017, 12:37 AM

How did you find that???

Craic
12-05-2017, 12:38 AM
How did you find that???

The Google-Fu is strong with that one!

fansince'76
12-05-2017, 12:39 AM
How did you find that???

The credit goes to polamalubeast - he posted the McMillen and Wife site a few weeks back. They have a slew of old games going all the way back to the '70s:

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/game_list.html

Mojouw
12-05-2017, 12:39 AM
On a side note, I almost forgot about Yancey Thigpen. :chuckle:

Can't forget about Yancey!

tube517
12-05-2017, 04:42 AM
The credit goes to polamalubeast - he posted the McMillen and Wife site a few weeks back. They have a slew of old games going all the way back to the '70s:

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/game_list.html

I used to go to that site alot before SF/SU. It got stagnant w/no updates for a while. They have a collection of videos on Youtube now.

86WARD
12-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Can't forget about Yancey!

Yancey! Yancey! Yancey!!

SteelMember
12-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Team win. Game ball to Big Ben. He stood in there and took some shots, but made the adjustments and throws we needed.

The officials and announcers were both pretty bad... no matter which team you were rooting for, imo.

SteelMayhem72
12-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Game ball: Ill give mine to Bell for picking up more 1st downs than anybody by far. Just an absolute chainmover, even if defenses have figured out to be patient in attacking him.

Game goat: Coty Sensabaugh for just putrid coverage. Bro, you got benched for a rookie thats been injured pretty much all offseason and most of this season. Embarassing. Haden cant come back fast enough

The ultimate game ball will go to God if he spares Shazier from paralysis and an early retirement. Lets all pray for the guy. Scary stuff.Spot on brother!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Moose
12-05-2017, 08:00 AM
WOW ! What an awesome comeback from sitting on your asses for 3 quarters !
GAME BALL(S)- Ben, Bell, Brown, Boz...without any of them we would've lost
HONORABLE BALL - JuJu for becoming a Steeler in this game.....awesome blocking hit on Birthdefect !! LOVED IT JuJu !!! ( my opinion Birthdefect was faking injury).
GAME GOAT - ESPN announcers - Gruden is a puss, not knowing what's going on anymore, can't call a decent game. The 'other' announcer was crap...knew nothing at all. Puppet for Gruden.

SteelMember
12-05-2017, 08:07 AM
The 'other' announcer was crap...knew nothing at all. Puppet for Gruden.

Sean McDonough... He's announced play by play for many sports, but I always associate him with Baseball like the other asshat Joe Buck.

DesertSteel
12-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Can't believe that Wilcox is not being listed as goat.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-05-2017, 09:47 AM

Yup, but I think the blame is being deflected to Danny Smith. He is coaching heavy footed backup safeties to hold guys in the return game. :doh:

DesertSteel
12-05-2017, 09:49 AM
On a promising note, I think we found a KR.....

SteelMember
12-05-2017, 09:54 AM

That holding call on the Bryant return seemed pretty weak, but the officials looked like they enjoyed throwing the laundry around... and then kept it in their pocket on some other stuff. Not very consistent for them trying to "control" the game.

- - - Updated - - -

...And Rogers held on to those fair catches. Special "atta boy" award. :chuckle:

tube517
12-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Agreed. At least he has the speed to be a threat.

Moose
12-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Agreed. At least he has the speed to be a threat.

Also agree, but for some reason I still found myself HOLDING my breath each time Roger's was reading to catch the ball.

SteelerFanInStl
12-05-2017, 12:17 PM
That holding call on the Bryant return seemed pretty weak, but the officials looked like they enjoyed throwing the laundry around... and then kept it in their pocket on some other stuff. Not very consistent for them trying to "control" the game.

Agreed. It was a pretty weak penalty. Certainly nothing worth giving him the "goat" for.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2017, 05:25 PM

hes not a goat. he had 1 egregious hold. the "hold" on Bryant's Kick off return TD wasnt even remotely among the definitions of a hold, the defender fell into him in a weird way that made it seem like it to a bonehead ref.

DesertSteel
12-05-2017, 05:49 PM
egregious or not, it cost them 7 points. Goat for me.

Psycho Ward 86
12-05-2017, 05:56 PM
egregious or not, it cost them 7 points. Goat for me.

watch the play again. Wilcox did everything he can to get that guy away from him. The group refereeing last night was also the 2nd highest penalizing group in the league

Hawkman
12-05-2017, 05:58 PM
The group refereeing last night was also the 2nd highest penalizing group in the league

I heard that too. Bengals penalized 173 yards!!

DesertSteel
12-05-2017, 06:41 PM
watch the play again. Wilcox did everything he can to get that guy away from him. The group refereeing last night was also the 2nd highest penalizing group in the league
He's still a bum and a waste of a pickup.

And if he didn't hold and he's not a goat than Bryant should get a game ball for the return TD.

SteelerFanInStl
12-05-2017, 07:47 PM
I'm giving my game ball to JuJu because the NFL is a steaming pile of shit.

SteelMayhem72
12-05-2017, 08:57 PM
I'm giving my game ball to JuJu because the NFL is a steaming pile of shit.I agree...I loved the hit and burthdefect faked his injury. How ironic, should have knocked his gold grill out!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Hawkman
12-05-2017, 10:08 PM
How about Boz. Hasn’t missed a FG against the Bungles. 24 for 24. Impressive!

Lady Steel
12-05-2017, 11:49 PM

Yep, I think they said that refereeing group averaged 18 flags per game. Geesh.

I'm giving my game ball to JuJu because the NFL is a steaming pile of shit.

:applaudit:

How about Boz. Hasn’t missed a FG against the Bungles. 24 for 24. Impressive!

Because of Boswell's game winning field goal, I won $150 in our football pool at work last night. It's the second time I've won this season for a total of $300. I also won in Week 2. $48 for a block. I made out pretty good. My co-workers are mad at me, though. :( I hope I don't look like I give a shit. :lol:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-05-2017, 11:59 PM
He's still a bum and a waste of a pickup.

And if he didn't hold and he's not a goat than Bryant should get a game ball for the return TD.

Wilcox hooked the guy with his right arm and when he lost his balance, Wilcox still had a closed right hand on the gunners jersey, so that likely got him the call. He didn't move his feet and when the guy was off balance, he should have just finished the block rather than do what looked like was holding him up. Defensive guy that doesn't know how to block, but as a special teamer he should work on it more. It wasn't the worst hold I have seen, but I see how a ref could call it.