PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw On Relationship With Roethlisberger: ‘ I Have None’

polamalubeast
12-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Unless you haven’t been paying attention for quite a while, you should know by now that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t have a great relationship with Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw. On Friday, Bradshaw was a guest on The Rich Eisen Show and he was asked to explain what his current relationship is with Roethlisberger.

“I have none,” Bradshaw said.

Bradshaw explained that comments he made early in Roethlisberger’s career about him riding a motorcycle is what initially got the relationship between the two off on the wrong foot and then explained what ultimately distanced the two from there.

“And then he had the problems early in his career. I, having two daughters, did not hesitate to let him know how I felt about that,” Bradshaw told Rich Eisen. “So, that’s been it.”

Bradshaw goes on to say that he could care less about Roethlisberger owning all of the passing records in Pittsburgh right now. You can see video from the interview below and the full audio of the interview is below that.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/bradshaw-relationship-roethlisberger-none/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Bradshaw is to busy hangout with the Fonz and William Shatner.

Craic
12-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Huh. Watching the video, it doesn't seem nearly as sour grapes as the article makes it out to be. In fact, it seems Terry is basically saying there's not one there and that's okay and I'm not too worried about whether my records stand or fall. NOT - "I could care less about Ben owning the records" as in it's a slight against Ben.

Born2Steel
12-02-2017, 03:16 PM
It's all click bait. I fall for it too. I want to still like Bradshaw, and as a Steelers he'll always be a favorite, but he's just not an outwardly nice guy. Doesn't make him an A-hole or anything, just that he doesn't go a step out of his way to offer of himself. Ben may be pretty much the same guy, I only pay attention to him on the field for now though.

86WARD
12-02-2017, 03:23 PM
It’s also not like Bradshaw is around the facility on a regular basis either where he would run into Ben and have a couple sodas. I’d be willing to bet James Harrison and Ryan Shazier have a similar relationship to Jack Lambert.

polamalubeast
12-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Remember this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-3rsNd4w8

tube517
12-02-2017, 04:47 PM
http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_720834.html

First of all, Bradshaw doesn't have a relationship with ANY current Steeler. This is no surprise.

Now, the interview before XLV between Bradshaw and Ben was fine. They shook hands and made peace.

Terry treads back and forth between Oh, we made peace and I don't have a relationship or This is the last time I talk about him (Noll). He can't make up his damn mind.'

Also, Ben was cocky when he first met Bradshaw and said he would break all of Terry's records.

I still don't get Bradshaw's ridiculous comments after the book came out last year for Chuck Noll. He made peace in 2003 at a Dapper Dan event in Pittsburgh, with Noll in public. His past with Noll should have been buried after that point but I guess not. I know he took some serious crap from Steeler fans but he needs to let it go.

Shoes
12-02-2017, 05:31 PM
I get tired of both of them.

stillers4me
12-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Ask Terry how he would feel if his son was falsely accused of rape.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Butch
12-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Live and let live. I personally don't care how Terry and Ben get along. I love them both as being Great Steelers QBs. Both have exercised poor judgment at times, but they have both led the Steelers to Superbowl success's.

I had the great fortune to meet Terry at a USO tour when I was stationed overseas and he took time to visit with us even though he was holding up the plane. He was the last one to get on by a loooong shot, and that was because Terry was going out of his way to greet fans. So while he may not be perfect he is far from the villain many consider him to be. Not perfect but very much human, but one with a Great arm.

FrancoLambert
12-02-2017, 06:37 PM
I get tired of both of them.

:iagree:

teegre
12-02-2017, 06:39 PM
My ex-girlfriend and my wife don’t have a relationship, either.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-02-2017, 07:44 PM
My ex-girlfriend and my wife don’t have a relationship, either. Dr. Drew always says threesomes kills relationships.

Craic
12-02-2017, 07:44 PM

It's no wonder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bde0w209_oo&feature=

(huh, wonder why I can't get it to post as a video. Perhaps because I have it set to start at a certain place?)

AtlantaDan
12-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Ask Terry how he would feel if his son was falsely accused of rape.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spoiler alert - having a DA not seek an indictment is not the same as being falsely accused.

The Milledgeville accuser hired Lee Parks, a big bucks Atlanta plaintiff's attorney specializing in sexual harassment cases, shortly before the accuser stopped cooperating with the DA. Connect the dots on whether there was a big civil settlement between point A and point B. Recent events confirm how civil settlements have repeatedly shut down allegations against high profile celebrities engaging in sexual harassment/assault.

As far as gold digging women trying to extort Ben, I am unaware of any other high profile QB accused of sexual assault by two women. Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me.

I continue to root for players like Ben, Bryant and Harrison to play well because they play for the Steelers. I do not attempt to justify what they do off the field.

It is possible to be both a HOF QB and a jackass. Ben and Bradshaw are two examples of that.

Mojouw
12-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Why is this a story? Who cares?

It it is a current NFL QB and a former NFL QB who ha.ppened to play for the same team. Does Ben have a relationship with Mark Malone? Niel O’Donnell? Stewart? Bubby?

AtlantaDan
12-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Why is this a story? Who cares?

It it is a current NFL QB and a former NFL QB who ha.ppened to play for the same team. Does Ben have a relationship with Mark Malone? Niel O’Donnell? Stewart? Bubby?

It is a non-story involving Bradshaw once again stirring the pot by exploiting his Steelers legacy - last season Tomlin was Bradshaw's pinata

Retired P-G sportswriter Bob Smizik, who covered Pittsburgh sports for over 40 years, has said Bradshaw is the biggest phony he ever covered

These guys are great football players - other than that you probably would not trust many of them to unjam the photocopier in an office

Lady Steel
12-04-2017, 01:18 AM
Love Terry, but he's a whackadoodle.

DesertSteel
12-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Spoiler alert - having a DA not seek an indictment is not the same as being falsely accused.

The Milledgeville accuser hired Lee Parks, a big bucks Atlanta plaintiff's attorney specializing in sexual harassment cases, shortly before the accuser stopped cooperating with the DA. Connect the dots on whether there was a big civil settlement between point A and point B. Recent events confirm how civil settlements have repeatedly shut down allegations against high profile celebrities engaging in sexual harassment/assault.

As far as gold digging women trying to extort Ben, I am unaware of any other high profile QB accused of sexual assault by two women. Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me.

I continue to root for players like Ben, Bryant and Harrison to play well because they play for the Steelers. I do not attempt to justify what they do off the field.

It is possible to be both a HOF QB and a jackass. Ben and Bradshaw are two examples of that.
Yes I wanted the Steelers to cut Ben after the incidents. I don't regret feeling that way. At the least he was a sophomoric jerk who crossed the line. I do believe that he has turned his life around in those areas, so I'm happy about that.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-04-2017, 09:58 AM

Yeah, but does she get along with your mistress?

tube517
12-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Yeah, but does she get along with your mistress?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c8/c827b2bd6eaac4259092bed9196b4a5054e5e36ac9007e86e0 1bc155ea15a6ac.jpg :chuckle:

Teegre aka 2 Chainz = Aquib Talib

zulater
12-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Terry doesn't have a relationship with any of his former teammates either. Remember this is a guy who had his then television partner Verne Lundquist present him into the NFL HOF rather than a former teammate, coach or family member. Asked in later years about his relationship with Bradshaw; Lundquist stated they virtually haven't talked since Terry went into the studio. Not that there was any acrimony, just pointing out there was nothing more than a superficial work relationship between them, and he also said he was shocked Terry asked him to be his presenter.

Great player but Terry lost me as someone I like as a person when he blew off Art Rooney's funeral. At no point in his career was "The Chief" anything other than "The Blond Bomber's" biggest advocate. When Terry was down Rooney made it a point to try to pick his spirits up. His door was always open to Terry offering up a fine cigar upon his arrival. By Terry's own words, "that man treated me like a son." So because some fans booed him he couldn't act like an adult when someone as great as the Chief was to him, passed.

Same goes to his relationship with Noll. It's one thing being a petulant child while a young man, in other words as a player. But even years later he whined and whined about how mean Noll was to him. Meanwhile in response to some of his assertions of unfairness in interviews with Steve Sabol on NFL films, most of his former teammates openly mock him and state Noll treated Terry with kid gloves relative to how he treated most of the rest of the team. Anyway supposedly Terry buried his hatchet with Noll prior to an event honoring one of them a few years back. (Noll never had an axe to grind with Terry, the post career feud was entirely one sided) but when Noll died Terry was in town at the Meadows race track doing a promotional signing. Could he be bothered to check in to the Steelers office or contact Noll's widow to express condolences? Of course not. Terry got out of town like a thief in the night.

Anyway I know Ben has brought some baggage to the table. But from what I can see Ben grew as a man. I think the majority of his teammates like and appreciate him. And he seems to feel likewise. His relationship with his linemen over the years shows him to be a caring teammate. Good men like Heath Miller and Brett Keisel consider Ben a friend. To me who your friends are tells me a great deal about you. Ben has many friends, police officers, former coaches ( i.e. Bruce Arians ) and is loyal to his family.

Terry has few if any friends ( maybe Howie Long and Jimmy Johnson?) has never been able to maintain a relationship over time with a woman, doesn't engage with his former teammates. So if you ask me I don't think this says anything negative about Ben. It merely confirms further what Terry is all about.

Moose
12-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Did CNN brings this 'no news' news up ? :yawn: Who the FK cares ?

steel striker
12-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Seems like Bradshaw is a strange bird to say the least and, not showing up to DR service was not good. We all know that Be has had his moments but, does really seem he has turned his life around I'm happy he has done so. I have always rooted for Ben and, Bradshaw was a great player although I don't really care for Terry these days.

SteelerFanInStl
12-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Terry was one of my favorite players when I was growing up but I don't give 2 shits about what he has to say now.

pczach
12-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Terry was one of my favorite players when I was growing up but I don't give 2 shits about what he has to say now.

I actually have a hard time listening to him at all. I get an indescribable feeling in my gut when he opens his mouth. Even just seeing him causes some distress.

This is a guy I grew up cheering for and was one of my favorite players. Everything he has done since leaving the Steelers has shown him to be a phony and an asshole. He treats people like shit and spits on the organization.

Who knows. Maybe I'll feel the same way about Ben down the road, but I just don't see it happening the way it did with Terry.

SteelerFanInStl
12-09-2017, 09:25 AM
I actually have a hard time listening to him at all. I get an indescribable feeling in my gut when he opens his mouth. Even just seeing him causes some distress.

This is a guy I grew up cheering for and was one of my favorite players. Everything he has done since leaving the Steelers has shown him to be a phony and an asshole. He treats people like shit and spits on the organization.

Who knows. Maybe I'll feel the same way about Ben down the road, but I just don't see it happening the way it did with Terry.

This is why it's so pathetic when he points the finger at others.

Hawkman
12-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Don’t judge him too harshly. He has some major bi-polar issues. Some would call it manic- depressive. David Feherty had a really good interview with him. He has absolutely no people skills. I still love him for what he did for the Steelers in the 70s, but I don’t want to sit down and talk about life with him.

Lady Steel
12-09-2017, 04:16 PM

I don't think any of us will feel the same way about Ben down the road as we do about Terry. Ben's wife is from New Castle and he's a Pittsburgh boy now. I don't see him ever shitting all over the Steelers.

polamalubeast
12-12-2017, 04:53 PM

AtlantaDan
12-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Another attempt to stir the pot by someone who needs to move on

Thanks for helping the Steelers win 4 Lombardis but your broadcast career passed its sell by date a long time ago

FWIW that photo of Bradshaw looks like it was taken during the Clinton Administration

FrancoLambert
12-12-2017, 07:34 PM
"I give him no thought.....I couldn't care less."

Bullshit. That was a bitter man being interviewed.

Terry doing what he does best, being a :jerkit:

43Hitman
12-12-2017, 07:37 PM
What a jackass.

86WARD
12-13-2017, 06:57 AM
I don’t get why he’s still so bitter. I thought that was all swiped under the carpet and put behind everyone. Something new happen? Does the organization not blow him enough or something?

AtlantaDan
12-13-2017, 07:14 AM
I don’t get why he’s still so bitter. I thought that was all swiped under the carpet and put behind everyone. Something new happen? Does the organization not blow him enough or something?

He will say whatever he thinks will get attention whether he believes it or not

tube517
12-13-2017, 12:09 PM
That's fine. Joe Montana still roots for the Steelers. :tt02:

43Hitman
12-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Tim Benz played the whole interview a few minutes ago...holy crap Bradshaw has some issues. I bet he never shows his face in the Burgh again. He'll get booed out of the state if he does. He's a jackass of the highest order.

Mojouw
12-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Irrelevant old man offers his opinion on things. Cool.

Now why should I care? Because 4 decades ago he was good at playing football?

Maybe we can hold a seance and contact some dudes who played in 1892 - I mean they were playing for teams in western PA so their opinions should be just as relevant, right?

I could care less what ANY of these former players and coaches think about anything. About a handful of them are even any good at their jobs as analysts - those guys I will listen to. But I've gotten more interesting and insightful analysis of the NFL from sources outside the pre and post game shows from a variety of internet and podcasts.

polamalubeast
12-13-2017, 12:53 PM

polamalubeast
12-13-2017, 01:56 PM

teegre
12-13-2017, 02:07 PM

Ding!!! Ding!!! Ding!!! WINNER!!!!!

Bradshaw is mad that we love BB (instead of still fawning over him). Bradshaw is the ex-girlfriend who posts old pictures of her ex-boyfriend purposefully so that the dude’s wife can see them.

“He used to go to the beach with me... before he went with you. Someone... anyone... show me attention!!!”

Lady Steel
12-14-2017, 01:20 AM

As I stated previously, Bradshaw is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.