PDA

View Full Version : Week 13: Root, Root, Root for the A$$holes!!!

teegre
12-01-2017, 06:34 AM
For those of us who watch other games, and want a rooting interest, here are the winners/losers who would most help the Steelers.

CHIEFS @ JETS
The Chiefs have the potential to beat anyone. So, we should root for the Jets. Then again, the Chiefs are a hard out for the Taperiots... so, maybe we want them in the playoffs. :huh: Coin flip.

TAPERIOTS @ BILLS
Duh. Go Bills!!!!!

BRONCOS @ DOLPHINS
Hot garbage versus cold garbage. Meh.

LIONS @ RAVENS
Duh. Go Lions!!!

TEXANS @ TITANS
We hold the tie-breaker over the Titans... but, I still want them to lose. Eff LenDale. Go Texans.

COLTS @ JAGUARS
Playoff seeding makes this simple. Go Colts.

BROWNS @ CHARGERS
Until we have a playoff spot locked in, I’m going to root for the lower-seeded team to beat the higher-seeded one. So, go Browns.

GIANTS @ RAIDAHS
Normally, I’d be rooting for the NFC to beat the AFC. But, this week I’m on team Eli. Go Raidahs.

Enjoy.

Moose
12-01-2017, 02:06 PM
Agree... definitely on Raven's and Brown's. Sure would like to see the Brown's get a win before WE play them.

steelreserve
12-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Root for the assholes? I'm not rooting for New England, sorry.

43Hitman
12-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Root for the assholes? I'm not rooting for New England, sorry.
:lol: well done good sir. :hatsoff:

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-01-2017, 06:29 PM
I think Detroit beats the Ravens. I also give the Bills 40% chance to beat the Pats and only because it's a home game. The rest don't really matter. Feel bad for Eli but we all as NFL fans need to see what Geno Smith has to offer.

86WARD
12-01-2017, 06:34 PM
The swooning over the Patriots is really getting to me this year...the blow jobs are more slobbery than ever...

43Hitman
12-01-2017, 06:34 PM
The swooning over the Patriots is really getting to me this year...the blow jobs are more slobbery than ever... Yeah there has been spitting and gagging this year. :yuck:

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-01-2017, 06:38 PM
I don't dig the slob knob either and worse on other Steeler boards but they are the champs for now. Also pretty much every team is just average in the AFC this year but us and them so can somewhat understand it.

silver & black
12-01-2017, 08:19 PM
As Teegre says.... go Raidahs! I might be a little biased...lol.

This team has really let me down!

Hawkman
12-01-2017, 11:30 PM
Can’t believe I spent the time to read these last four posts.

teegre
12-02-2017, 07:28 AM
The swooning over the Patriots is really getting to me this year...the blow jobs are more slobbery than ever...

:huh:

Born2Steel
12-02-2017, 09:11 AM
The Lions/Ravens may be a fun game to watch.

AtlantaDan
12-02-2017, 10:09 AM

Agreed - but they have won 2 out of the last 3 Super Bowls and have been marching through their schedule since the Panthers loss (unlike the Steelers screwing around with teams like the Colts and Packers)

As is the case with the Steelers, hard to figure out how good the Pats are given how awful the AFC is this season

Way to shut the media up (particularly smug Rodney Harrison) is to have the Steelers beat the Pats at Heinz on December 17

fansince'76
12-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Way to shut the media up (particularly smug Rodney Harrison) is to have the Steelers beat the Pats at Heinz on December 17

This.

DesertSteel
12-02-2017, 09:40 PM
I'm surprised that the Pats are on the road. I thought they'd petitioned the league to play 12 home games. Always seems like NE and Seattle are at home when I catch them on TV. Bottom line is that both them and us can lose another game and it won't affect either team that wins week 15. But Go Bills.

teegre
12-03-2017, 06:45 AM
Bottom line is that both them and us can lose another game and it won't affect either team that wins week 15. But Go Bills.

That is 100% true. Considering that neither team “should” lose another game (let alone two), the only game that truly matters is on Dec 17th.

That said, it’s always fun to have a rooting interest. Because, IMO, nothing is more boring than watching two teams when I have zero care about the outcome (e.g. Lions vs Buccaneers :yawn: ).

st33lersguy
12-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Don't look now, but Baltimore is looking better than they did earlier in the year

86WARD
12-03-2017, 02:03 PM
The Chiefs are just mentally and emotionally defeated...

86WARD
12-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Don't look now, but Baltimore is looking better than they did earlier in the year

There’s a good chance they beat Pittsburgh next week...

Patriots look like shit against the Bills...score says otherwise, but they are less than impressive and I’m sure a big deal won’t be made of Brady screaming at McDaniels like a maniac...lol.

teegre
12-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Patriots look like shit against the Bills...score says otherwise, but they are less than impressive and I’m sure a big deal won’t be made of Brady screaming at McDaniels like a maniac...lol.

Brady yells at his OC: Tom is competitive.

Roethlisberger yells at his OC: Ben is a whiner.

Taperiots struggle with the hapless Bills and Buccaneers: Belichick knows how to fight through adversity.

Tomlin struggles led with the hapless Colts and Packers: FIRE TOMLIN!!!

polamalubeast
12-03-2017, 02:23 PM

Good chance?...c'mon!

GBMelBlount
12-03-2017, 03:30 PM

Patriots look like shit against the Bills...score says otherwise, but they are less than impressive

and I’m sure a big deal won’t be made of Brady screaming at McDaniels like a maniac...lol.

Agreed, both backs averaging 6 ypc and Brady completing 70% of his passes and winning by 20....is very deceptive. :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
12-03-2017, 03:53 PM
There’s a good chance they beat Pittsburgh next week....

If so it will be without CB Jimmy Smith - out for the season with a torn achilles

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21654404/baltimore-ravens-cb-jimmy-smith-carried-field-achilles-injury

BostonBlackie
12-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Gronk's going to get fined and suspended probably for a game for his extra curricular activity after that interception.

AtlantaDan
12-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Gronk's going to get fined and suspended probably for a game for his extra curricular activity after that interception.

Gronk is the real victim and said he is sorry - whoever he hit probably will be fined

In the locker room, Rob Gronkowski began by apologizing for the hit. He also expressed frustration for penalties called on him, which he called "crazy," and the ones that aren't called when he gets held.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

BostonBlackie
12-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Gronk is the real victim and said he is sorry - whoever he hit probably will be fined

In the locker room, Rob Gronkowski began by apologizing for the hit. He also expressed frustration for penalties called on him, which he called "crazy," and the ones that aren't called when he gets held.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

They did call a BS offensive interference on him, and let some defensive interference go, but the league will come down on him for forearming on a late hit. .

tube517
12-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Brady yells at his OC: Tom is competitive.

Roethlisberger yells at his OC: Ben is a whiner.

Taperiots struggle with the hapless Bills and Buccaneers: Belichick knows how to fight through adversity.

Tomlin struggles led with the hapless Colts and Packers: FIRE TOMLIN!!!

How come when I spike my Gatorade bottle on the ground and taunt it after chugging it, I don't get called a "diva" or "spoiled"? :chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
12-04-2017, 10:25 AM
The Lions/Ravens may be a fun game to watch.

It was! But I will admit I was not expecting that outcome. Next Sunday will be a better indicator. Hell, I'll take a L next week if the Ravens can then beat Indy, Cleveland and Cincy and end up at 10-6.

Iron Steeler
12-04-2017, 06:20 PM
It was! But I will admit I was not expecting that outcome. Next Sunday will be a better indicator. Hell, I'll take a L next week if the Ravens can then beat Indy, Cleveland and Cincy and end up at 10-6.

Ravens defense is looking like 2000s def. No one wants to face them if the catch up on offense.

Crow-Magnon
12-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Ravens defense is looking like 2000s def. No one wants to face them if the catch up on offense.

It's a good defense. But I would not compare it to that defense.

Iron Steeler
12-04-2017, 06:51 PM
It's a good defense. But I would not compare it to that defense.

Yeh 2000 was ridiculous.. But the ability to score TDS on defense is what I am implying

Crow-Magnon
12-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Yeh 2000 was ridiculous.. But the ability to score TDS on defense is what I am implying

They are pretty damned good in the take-away department. Now if the offense can consistently turn those into 6 points rather than 3 (or 0), it would really mean something. Yesterday has not been the norm.