PDA

View Full Version : Zeise: Joe Haden might actually be Steelers MVP

Psycho Ward 86
11-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/zeise-is-right/2017/11/27/Paul-Zeise-Joe-Haden-Pittsburgh-Steelers-MVP-secondary-struggles-Artie-Burns/stories/201711270135

The Steelers defeated the Packers on Sunday, and naturally there were many glowing things written and said about them after the game. That’s rightfully so, as it is hard to win games in the NFL from week to week, and the Steelers continue to do so.

The offense was explosive, their superstars showed up in a big way and Chris Boswell kicked a Heinz Field NFL record on his game-winning kick.

It is a good thing the Steelers won, though, because if they didn’t, the focus would be on the play of their secondary, which wasn’t good for the third game in a row.

It probably isn’t a coincidence that the secondary’s struggles began to surface early in the Sunday night game against the Colts — that’s about the time cornerback Joe Haden went down with a broken fibula.

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 06:30 PM
6 TD of more that 50 yards since Haden went down....

tube517
11-28-2017, 06:37 PM
I don't see them letting him go after this year. Yeah, they may have to work out a better deal but the mutual "love" is there between Haden, Tomlin and his Florida dudes + AB (As Tiger alluded to).

teegre
11-28-2017, 09:19 PM
Cam Heyward is having a better season, but Joe Haden might be our most “valuable” defender.

Mojouw
11-28-2017, 09:27 PM
I’m not going to push too hard against Haden and or Hayward. But I’m going to get a bit weird and throw out Shazier and Watt. They belong in the conversation. The things they are doing schematically with those two in pass coverages is doing a TON to provide pass rush opportunities for the DBs and others coming from “odd” places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
11-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Cam Heyward is having a better season, but Joe Haden might be our most “valuable” defender.

We'd probably get picked apart defensively without Heyward as well

teegre
11-28-2017, 10:22 PM
We'd probably get picked apart defensively without Heyward as well

It’s akin to AB and BB.

AB is our best player on offense... but, BB is more valuable.

(And, Bell is equivalent to Shazier.)

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-28-2017, 11:29 PM
Haden ain't going anywhere and he is thank God a Steeler! Steelers finally got a good cb and one they like from the get go. Draft is a crap shoot and there not going to let a sure thing walk after this season.

Lady Steel
11-29-2017, 01:33 AM
Haden is not the Steelers MVP. Geesh.