PDA

View Full Version : A message to Steeler fans

Packers
11-27-2017, 09:45 PM
This loss hurts a lot I have to admit were in a lot of pain but at the same time I want to congratulate you guys on the win last night. Hats off to you guys. I see a lot of Packer fans making excuses on the Steelers Facebook page and whatever. There were missed calls on both sides and it didn't matter. Merry Christmas to you guys and hope you smash the Patriots into Oblivion.

steelreserve
11-27-2017, 10:01 PM
Well that was surprisingly one of the more reasonable things I've seen an opposing fan post. It was a hell of a football game and we were fortunate to win even without Rodgers, that's all I can say about that. I had thought Packers fans were jerks, but if they hate the Patriots, I guess they can't be all bad.

Packers
11-27-2017, 10:03 PM
I know you guys don't like us but still would rather see you win over the Patriots in the AFC.

st33lersguy
11-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Thank you for showing class, your team played a good game

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2017, 10:15 PM
As a Wisconsin native I can say that I have the utmost respect for our state's franchise. Excited to see the packers possibly make yet another playoff run for the ages with ARod possibly in tow

Packers
11-27-2017, 10:17 PM
As a Wisconsin native I can say that I have the utmost respect for our state's franchise. Excited to see the packers possibly make yet another playoff run for the ages with ARod possibly in tow
Meh its not going to happen this year.

teegre
11-27-2017, 10:48 PM
The Packers beat us in XLV, but I don’t hate them.

We hate the Taperiots, Ravens, Bengals, Cowboys, Bitch Pigeons, Raidahs, Titans, Niners...

Craic
11-27-2017, 11:25 PM
I know you guys don't like us but still would rather see you win over the Patriots in the AFC.

Naa, I really have nothing but respect for the Packers. I hated losing the SB, but if we had to lose it to anyone, I'm happy it was the Packers as the team embodies the same type of spirit, community, and old-school mentality about the game being a little more than just a business. In fact, if I lived in the area, I'd have no problems going to games and supporting the team, except when they played my Steelers.

Mojouw
11-28-2017, 12:01 AM
Go Pack GO!

"Santa Claus is wearing #82..."

https://youtu.be/KBAMYRoZPnM

BostonBlackie
11-28-2017, 12:39 AM
This loss hurts a lot I have to admit were in a lot of pain but at the same time I want to congratulate you guys on the win last night. Hats off to you guys. I see a lot of Packer fans making excuses on the Steelers Facebook page and whatever. There were missed calls on both sides and it didn't matter. Merry Christmas to you guys and hope you smash the Patriots into Oblivion.

Clearly a Steelers fan in drag.

fansince'76
11-28-2017, 03:57 AM

I've never had a problem with the Packers, personally. Good game and welcome to the board! :drink:

It also sucks to have your season short-circuited by losing your franchise QB. The Steelers have been there as well.

Moose
11-28-2017, 05:18 AM
I too have never had a problem with Packer fans. I worked with a few of them here in Indiana (State) and they were class acts. Thanks Packers for the kind words and welcome to this board. I have to say your team had me on the edge of my seat the whole game, made me drink way more long necks than I needed, and I do believe Hundley played as well as Rodger's would have. We were very lucky to get the win in my opinion. Good luck to your team ..... and Merry Christmas to you and yours !

Dissolv
11-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Nah, Packers are a great franchise, all the way around. And that includes the fans!

It was a brutally disappointing loss in the super bowl, but it wasn't like any loss wouldn't have been. I thought that the Pack played a damn near perfect game and nearly pulled it off, despite the back up QB (who did fantastic). We pulled it out mainly on the strength of individual talent, which is not the right way to win a team game. Hopefully our guys learned something and can play a tighter game next time. That was too close!

Dissolv

Iron Steeler
11-28-2017, 08:14 AM
i dont hate the packers. I hate rashard mendenhall.

Great game great coach great team and fans.

2nd best fans in the nfl. ��

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, Packers are a great franchise, all the way around. And that includes the fans!

It was a brutally disappointing loss in the super bowl, but it wasn't like any loss wouldn't have been. I thought that the Pack played a damn near perfect game and nearly pulled it off, despite the back up QB (who did fantastic). We pulled it out mainly on the strength of individual talent, which is not the right way to win a team game. Hopefully our guys learned something and can play a tighter game next time. That was too close!

Dissolv
Winning with individual talent... You nailed it.

This seems to be the coaching staff fail safe. When ever they botch a game plan they just cross their fingers and hope the talented players do something spectacular.

Not something we should have to rely on.

tube517
11-28-2017, 08:29 AM
Have no ill will toward the Packers.

It's always great when you beat the Cowgirls.

Hawkman
11-28-2017, 08:38 AM
The only time I don’t root for the Packers is when they play the Steelers.
Best friend is a huge Packer fan. Named his son Brett.

Packers
11-28-2017, 09:32 AM
Both Steeler and Packer fans are fighting over the helmet to helmet call on Facebook. All fans on there are immature though. Message board fans are more grown up. We need to blame ourselves not stopping you guys with 17 seconds left.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Yeah ,I have never had issue with Packers or their fans. They get football and the history of it and respect the game. I honestly enjoyed the Lynn Dickey era as a kid growing up watching football. Sure, there were a bunch of bandwagoners wearing their #52 jersey a few years ago, that I bet haven't pulled it out of the closet for a while now, but all fan bases have that.

What I am really enjoying is watching Seattle slide into what would be mediocrity in the near future. I mean, when a fan base leaves their home team game in the playoffs with 5 minutes to go and the team comes back to win....what kind of fair weather fans are those? :thumbdown:

Packers
11-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Yeah ,I have never had issue with Packers or their fans. They get football and the history of it and respect the game. I honestly enjoyed the Lynn Dickey era as a kid growing up watching football. Sure, there were a bunch of bandwagoners wearing their #52 jersey a few years ago, that I bet haven't pulled it out of the closet for a while now, but all fan bases have that.

What I am really enjoying is watching Seattle slide into what would be mediocrity in the near future. I mean, when a fan base leaves their home team game in the playoffs with 5 minutes to go and the team comes back to win....what kind of fair weather fans are those? :thumbdown:

I know what your referring to. Another gut wrenching loss for us.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-28-2017, 10:32 AM
I know what your referring to. Another gut wrenching loss for us.

Yup and when Peppers intercepted the pass, I thought he could make a big run of it and seal the game, but for some reason he got down on the turf. I was shaking my head on that play.

Then for the "12th man" to leave the stadium and later be begging to get back in the gates because the game was close again....that's a fair weather group of douchebag fans, who doesn't appreciate the game, just some form of entertainment.

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Like almost everyone here, I've never had a problem with the packers, even after the super bowl XLV.

Packers
11-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Yup and when Peppers intercepted the pass, I thought he could make a big run of it and seal the game, but for some reason he got down on the turf. I was shaking my head on that play.

Then for the "12th man" to leave the stadium and later be begging to get back in the gates because the game was close again....that's a fair weather group of douchebag fans, who doesn't appreciate the game, just some form of entertainment.
Oh man please don't bring up that disaster.

steel striker
11-28-2017, 11:14 AM
No ill will here and, I like the packers that was a heck of a game the Steelers are lucky to come away with a win. I know it has been rough season losing your franchise QB is brutal good luck the rest of the way.

43Hitman
11-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Welcome to our board Packers. I have always respected Green Bay and the way they do business. Much like us they embody a blue collar work ethic and doing things the right way. Oh and screw the *Pats.

steel striker
11-28-2017, 11:40 AM
No ill will here and, I like the packers that was a heck of a game the Steelers are lucky to come away with a win. I know it has been rough season losing your franchise QB is brutal good luck the rest of the way.

Shoes
11-28-2017, 01:17 PM

We hate the Taperiots, Ravens, Bengals, Cowboys, Bitch Pigeons, Raidahs, Titans, Niners...

:lol:

Packers
11-28-2017, 04:21 PM
You know whats insane is we haven't beaten you guys in the regular season since 1995. I remember that 1995 game was on Christmas eve. I remember going to my Great Aunts house for Christmas eve that year and my relatives were saying to my family who are diehard Packer fans wow did you guys get lucky today. That was the game Yancy Thigpen dropped an easy touchdown and that gave us the win and the divisional title. Had he caught that the Lions would have won the division.

43Hitman
11-28-2017, 05:00 PM
You know whats insane is we haven't beaten you guys in the regular season since 1995. I remember that 1995 game was on Christmas eve. I remember going to my Great Aunts house for Christmas eve that year and my relatives were saying to my family who are diehard Packer fans wow did you guys get lucky today. That was the game Yancy Thigpen dropped an easy touchdown and that gave us the win and the divisional title. Had he caught that the Lions would have won the division.
Yeah I think his knee knocked the ball out of his hands.

Butch
11-28-2017, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the board

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-28-2017, 06:46 PM
You know whats insane is we haven't beaten you guys in the regular season since 1995. I remember that 1995 game was on Christmas eve. I remember going to my Great Aunts house for Christmas eve that year and my relatives were saying to my family who are diehard Packer fans wow did you guys get lucky today. That was the game Yancy Thigpen dropped an easy touchdown and that gave us the win and the divisional title. Had he caught that the Lions would have won the division. I recently watched the 2009 regular season game Green bay vs Pitt. That was a shootout and game for the ages. Can't believe Mike Wallace won it for us on the last play like the Holmes SB catch. Anyways welcome Packers!

smokin3000gt
11-28-2017, 07:02 PM

well that was damned decent of ya.. I can't speak for everyone here but the Packers are one of the very few teams that I always root for unless they're playing us. A blue collar town with a hard hitting football team, sounds similar to a team I know and love. We knew you guys were going to come in fired up and hell bent to beat us and I wouldn't have been surprised if we had lost to be honest with you. This year is pretty much shot for you all but I hope you stay healthy next year.

We can always use quality people around here so I hope you stick around a bit

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Oh man please don't bring up that disaster.

Sorry, I thought I was doing u a favor and not talking about the Giants and...

Never mind. Keep on making the smoked gouda and Leinkugels. :drink:

smokin3000gt
11-28-2017, 07:05 PM

This. Pats, bungles, ravens, cowboys, seattle seagulls, raiders, niners, titans.. that about sums it up. I'd also like to add lions and falcons to the list

tube517
11-28-2017, 07:13 PM

Had Dickey's football card back in the 70s. Haven't heard his name in a long time

st33lersguy
11-28-2017, 08:27 PM
I hold nothing against the Packers, and I have a lot of respect for Aaron Rodgers as a player. When that guy is at his best, he's next to impossible to stop

86WARD
11-28-2017, 08:50 PM
Nothing wrong with Packers fans. They’re some of the more tolerable ones in the league...lol.

Lady Steel
11-29-2017, 12:39 AM
I don't have an issue with the Packers either. And I like cheese, so... :noidea: :lol: