PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown Greatest "Receiver" Ever?

GBMelBlount
11-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Do you feel there is anyone in the history of football better than Antonio Brown at actually making the reception?

If so, whom and why?

Mojouw
11-27-2017, 09:14 PM
Chris Carter?

Jerry Rice?

Steve Largent?

The list isn't long and I'm not certain those guys are really any better.

Psycho Ward 86
11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
I think even the most adamant Antonio Brown haters have to insert him into the top 15 all time since the NFL merger era no matter what.

Only thing stopping him now from rising any higher is longevity. It honestly is looking like Mojouw's picks are about the only points of debate.

Even some other all time great hands just cant quite do what AB does (Marvin Harrison, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson).

I think Fitzgerald belongs in the conversation

Count Steeler
11-28-2017, 05:02 AM
I can't help but think of Fred Biletnikoff and the stickum he used to wear. I think they had to use chemicals to get the ball out of his hands.

Brown has had the privilege of having a great QB throwing to him, but you can't discount the effort and training he puts himself through. Plus, he has that swagger that players of his caliber need.

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 05:44 AM
It's an honor to watch him.

Brown is fun to watch and he is in pace to become one of the best WR in NFL history.

Moose
11-28-2017, 05:51 AM
Man, GBMelBlount that's really a tough question. I would definitely say he's the BEST going right now. The thing I always use to decide on 'receivers' is the QB. I feel that behind just about every good QB is the receiver and vice/versa. The receiver needs a good QB to get him the ball to be able to catch, and a damn good receiver sacrificing his body at times to make catches makes the stats on a QB too.

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 05:54 AM
Man, GBMelBlount that's really a tough question. I would definitely say he's the BEST going right now. The thing I always use to decide on 'receivers' is the QB. I feel that behind just about every good QB is the receiver and vice/versa. The receiver needs a good QB to get him the ball to be able to catch, and a damn good receiver sacrificing his body at times to make catches makes the stats on a QB too.

Jerry Rice had Montana and Young as QB for the most part of his career....still the best WR(and player)in nfl history!

Moose
11-28-2017, 06:00 AM
Jerry Rice had Montana and Young as QB for the most part of his career....still the best WR(and player)in nfl history!

I agree. And neither QB's were bad. Some other 'receivers' that come to mind also.....Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, F.Biletnikoff, Lynn Swann, of course my favorite Hines Ward ( just gotta love the guy).

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 06:28 AM
The argument for Julio Jones is that he has the most yards in nfl history after 90 games but the thing is that Brown as rookie he had only around 160 yards on 19 targets in 2010, so it's for this reason why Brown is not in the top in yards after 90 games or things like that!

I love Julio Jones, he is easily the 2nd best WR of the NFL in the last few years, but Brown has been superior and more consistent.

Hawkman
11-28-2017, 08:53 AM
I can't help but think of Fred Biletnikoff and the stickum he used to wear. I think they had to use chemicals to get the ball out of his hands.

“Coach, I look like I just jacked off an elephant”.

BlackAndGold
11-28-2017, 10:04 AM
I am kinda surprised no one has gotten on to Rice admitting to using stickum.

Mojouw
11-28-2017, 10:09 AM
I am kinda surprised no one has gotten on to Rice admitting to using stickum.

Meh. The gloves of today are likely better anyways. http://beta.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-receiver-gloves-20150830-column.html

"Collinsworth said the use of gloves has forever changed the game.

"Before these gloves, I'd never seen anybody make an overhand catch — when their fingers point toward the ground — below the waist, but now I see guys make those catches below the knees," he said.

"They're brilliant catches, and brilliant players, I don't want to take anything away from them. But if you played before gloves, you had to slide or dive to make that catch. Maybe somebody could make the ball stick in their hands like that, but I had never seen it."

zulater
11-28-2017, 01:12 PM
Oh my God! How clueless are you people?!

Everyone knows the greatest receiver now or ever is Mike Wallace!!!:hippo:

Count Steeler
11-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Oh my God! How clueless are you people?!

Everyone knows the greatest receiver now or ever is Mike Wallace!!!:hippo:

If only we paid him to jump. Imagine what he would have been able to do.

86WARD
11-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Those gloves are crazy good. If a ball slides along one of those gloves it sticks right in.

As for AB being GOAT. He’s on his way but wouldn’t crown him yet...

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 04:51 PM

DesertSteel
11-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Hey PB... 2017 ain't over yet. AB will pass Harrison on both by season's end.

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Hey PB... 2017 ain't over yet. AB will pass Harrison on both by season's end.

I know and that's why I showed this tweet.

Brown is very likely to have the best 5 years span in nfl history!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-28-2017, 05:18 PM
If these new gloves are so great then we should have never traded Coates. Point being it's not the stick em or gloves and just talented wr's who know how to catch the ball. Plenty of wr's in this league still dropping balls like crazy they should have caught. I'm sure they have access to these gloves.

43Hitman
11-28-2017, 05:23 PM
If these new gloves are so great then we should have never traded Coates. Point being it's not the stick em or gloves and just talented wr's who know how to catch the ball. Plenty of wr's in this league still dropping balls like crazy they should have caught. I'm sure they have access to these gloves.
Good point