PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger looks like he can take the Steelers far

stillers4me
11-27-2017, 08:38 AM
Back in September and October, when his Steelers offense was struggling and his critics were piling on, questioning if he had anything left and if he still really wanted to play, Ben Roethlisberger was resolute. “We’ll be fine. I’ll be fine. You don’t want to be playing your best football right now.”

Well, it’s almost December.

Roethlisberger is playing his best football.

So is his offense........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/11/27/Ron-Cook-Ben-Roethlisberger-looks-like-he-can-take-the-Steelers-far-Mike-Tomlin-Antonio-Brown/stories/201711270088 (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/11/27/Ron-Cook-Ben-Roethlisberger-looks-like-he-can-take-the-Steelers-far-Mike-Tomlin-Antonio-Brown/stories/201711270088)

tube517
11-27-2017, 08:39 AM
I thought he didn't have it anymore and mailed it in......... :noidea: :chuckle:

Mojouw
11-27-2017, 10:17 AM
The most encouraging thing for me was his decisiveness on both throws he cut loose and the ones he pulled down. Ben may have well have been in the Packers defensive huddle for as well as he was reading their coverages.

Earlier in the season, I think that Ben was determined to prove that this was a deep-passing, quick-strike offensive machine. The timing and precision needed to be that machine was (and still is to a degree) missing. But lately, he has been pulling the ball down and taking the throw the defense is giving. Ben (and maybe Haley?) have "re-discovered" the middle of the field and the check-down to Bell and Jesse James. Now defenses are stressed horizontally rather than just vertically along the boundary.

As long as he continues to make quick, decisive decisions, and use the entire field -- I am not certain there is a team with enough of a pass rush to stop the Steelers on offense remaining on the schedule. In fact, the AFC defense that sets-up the best to beat this team is Jville. Even with that being said, I think this version of Ben, who doesn't force the ball into this primary read, beats that defense.

DesertSteel
11-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Ben gets extra juice in the no huddle... it makes him come alive.

polamalubeast
11-27-2017, 11:23 AM

86WARD
11-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Everyone is making a big deal out of Brown’s toe drag catch at the end of the game and a great catch it was but that throw that Ben made to complete it...it was better...

vasteeler
11-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Everyone is making a big deal out of Brown’s toe drag catch at the end of the game and a great catch it was but that throw that Ben made to complete it...it was better...

Agreed, the ball was exactly where it needed to be. Not to take away any thing from the catch... Obviously

steel striker
11-29-2017, 11:18 AM
It seems the media likes to be critical of Ben when things go bad but, never gives him any credit when things are going well.

SteelerFanInStl
11-29-2017, 11:24 AM
It seems the media likes to be critical of Ben when things go bad but, never gives him any credit when things are going well.

Yep, just like a lot of Steeler fans.

LambertsLunatic
11-29-2017, 05:29 PM
I remember towards the end of Bradshaw's career. It's vaguely reminiscent, but Ben is playing at a much, much higher level than Terry did towards the end. I'll never forget the mynah bird and the last Jets game when Terry came off the bench and won the game. He went out a winner. One of my best memories. They are both the quintessential Steeler QB!

Psycho Ward 86
11-29-2017, 06:24 PM

AB seems to agree. In fact, he said that his fade route in the endzone against Kevin King was his hardest catch of the night:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/thumbs-guns-antonio-brown-describes-difficult-catch/

Amusing to me that he feels that way. As an average Joe, I always found this to be one of the easiest catches to make

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-29-2017, 07:32 PM
Maybe he don't have it anymore!