View Full Version : Game Ball vs Packers

polamalubeast
11-26-2017, 10:46 PM
For me.this is Antonio Brown again

Iron Steeler
11-26-2017, 10:55 PM
1. Ben was on fire.
2. AB is ridiculous
3. Boswell is offically the 4th killer b.

Goats... Defense

BlackAndGold
11-26-2017, 11:00 PM
Defense was awful. These blown coverages have to stop.

Burns needs to man up and tackle and stop getting Burned all the damn time. He's becoming a weak link, expect more QB's to throw his way.
Dupree.....man he better hope his bad pass rush skills is due to his shoulder not being healthy. Great run defender but maybe give Chickillo the role of rushing the passer on 3rd down.

fansince'76
11-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Defense was awful. These blown coverages have to stop.

Burns needs to man up.

I think they will once Haden is back in there. IMO, Haden makes Burns a better CB too. Even Collinsworth remarked how Burns seemed like he was trying to do too much. Sensabaugh sucks.

This pretty much says it all:

BlackAndGold
11-26-2017, 11:03 PM
I think they will once Haden is back in there. IMO, Haden makes Burns a better CB too. Even Collinsworth remarked how Burns seemed like he was trying to do too much. Sensabaugh sucks.

Hope we get some news on Haden this week. We need him back

Psycho Ward 86
11-26-2017, 11:07 PM
AB no doubt. He's breaking 2000 if Ben was still in his prime

Craic
11-26-2017, 11:09 PM
GameBalls

Ben. He looked ten years younger tonight, and only threw about three bad passes. On top of that, probably half his incompletions were drops by WRs.

Bell. We're in cap trouble after this year, but pay the man. That's all I'm going to say.

Brown. Unbelievable. That catch at the sideline on the last drive? Unreal.

Haley. Give the man credit. That was a well-called game. In fact, that first drive was almost a perfectly called drive.

Honorable Mention: Jesse James. I still don't like him as a blocker, but he had some nice catches tonight early on before the killer Bs really got rolling.

Goats

Butler. To trot out that many defensive plays where it takes a single mistake to allow a TD from over forty yards? Fix it. It makes me seriously leery about going into the Pats* game with man coverage.

Burns. I'm up on the kid long term, and he even had a nice couple of tackles. However, he's made mistakes tonight that seriously cost this team.

Other observation - The college highlight reel was seriously flawed or Watt is about to get busted for PEDs, because he did not have that speed in the highlights I watched of his college career. He came in f. a. s. t. fast. Of course, he's still getting stymied by OTs with decent technique, so my guess is the highlight reel was flawed :chuckle:

DesertSteel
11-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Hopefully it’s the same Haden post injury as he was pre injury.

Sensablown needs to go! Time to get Sutton ready.

st33lersguy
11-26-2017, 11:11 PM
Balls: AB, the man is nothing short of awesome, Bo$, 53 yard field goal in the clutch in the cold at Heinz Field= mega clutch, also nothing short of awesome, Big Ben, 8 TDs the last two weeks, home Ben is still on fire, Le'Veon, even with the fumble and the fall down at the end, nearly 200 yards from scrimmage

Goats: Entire defense, what in the hell was that? Made Brett Hundley who had 2 TDs in his first 6 games look like the 2nd coming of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. They need Joe Haden back like now. Special mention to Artie Burns who just looked awful today. Kieth Butler, how about Butler stop rushing 3 guys and going soft. The ref, once again the refs were biased against the Steelers, this time the culprits were Ed "ZOMG HE'S GOT MUSCLES, LET'S HYPE HIM UP" Hochuli and his crew of morons.

Mojouw
11-26-2017, 11:13 PM
The offense is back? Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFanInStl
11-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Game Ball: The 4 B's, Ben, Bell, Brown and Boswell
Goats: Burns. I was a big fan of his last year but am quickly tiring of him this year. He needs to get focused on the game and start picking it up. Sensabaugh. Yea, he's not very good. The sooner we can get Sutton in there the better.

BlackAndGold
11-26-2017, 11:15 PM
The offense is back? Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need JuJu to get back and stay healthy.

Rogers can go back to the doghouse. It's also time to cut Hunter and bring up Tucker.

ScottLaRock
11-26-2017, 11:17 PM
Obviously Ben, Brown, Bell and Boswell. Special "at a boys" to Jesse James who looked hungry out there and M. Bryant whose foot work looked terrible but at least contributed in a positive way. D showed up when we needed and yes I'll celebrate that win

Butch
11-26-2017, 11:18 PM
With out a doubt is has to be AB tonight he came to play.
Honorable mention Bos he missed an EP but he more than made up for it with his crucial record tying kick to send us home happy.

Missing JuJu and Heydon are both crucial to this team, but tonight we were able to overcome.

teegre
11-26-2017, 11:19 PM
Game Ball: The 4 B's, Ben, Bell, Brown and Boswell

:nod:

How has Bell not been mentioned until your post???

fansince'76
11-26-2017, 11:21 PM

Because he committed the cardinal sin of fumbling for the 2nd time in about 5 years, probably...

Craic
11-26-2017, 11:21 PM
The ref, once again the refs were biased against the Steelers, this time the culprits were Ed "ZOMG HE'S GOT MUSCLES, LET'S HYPE HIM UP" Hochuli and his crew of morons.

?????

They missed the helmet to helmet from Watt on the QB (who was not a runner at the time as he was looking downfield while stepping up in the pocket until he had to tuck). They properly called ABs unbelievable catch. They picked up a flag on the last drive.

In the end, they called a fair game, and none of their calls were head-scratching. Sure, they probably should have called an Offensive PI when Burns was pushed, but the ball was uncatchable and Burns was fighting the receiver as well. No, all in all, I'd more than welcome that level of officiating every game.

teegre
11-26-2017, 11:25 PM
Because he committed the cardinal sin of fumbling for the 2nd time in about 5 years, probably...

That... and, he held out. :wink02:

fansince'76
11-26-2017, 11:25 PM
?????

They missed the helmet to helmet from Watt on the QB (who was not a runner at the time as he was looking downfield while stepping up in the pocket until he had to tuck). They properly called ABs unbelievable catch. They picked up a flag on the last drive.

In the end, they called a fair game, and none of their calls were head-scratching. Sure, they probably should have called an Offensive PI when Burns was pushed, but the ball was uncatchable and Burns was fighting the receiver as well. No, all in all, I'd more than welcome that level of officiating every game.

Agreed, I didn't think the officiating was all that bad tonight.

Craic
11-26-2017, 11:27 PM
GameBalls

Bell. We're in cap trouble after this year, but pay the man. That's all I'm going to say.

Balls: ... Le'Veon, even with the fumble and the fall down at the end, nearly 200 yards from scrimmage ...

:huh:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4a4bb1dd4d4390e6f7ff46a483542bff/tenor.gif?itemid=5579804

https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ben-roethlisberger-oh-steelers-reaction.gif?resize=286%2C258&ssl=1

SteelerFanInStl
11-26-2017, 11:27 PM

Craic and st33lersguy both mentioned him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-26-2017, 11:32 PM
That... and, he held out. :wink02:

Fumbled, Held out, didn't anybody mention his social media activities? Sheesh......are you some kind of newbie here. :rolleyes:

Although, I saw somewhere in this thread somebody giving Haley credit. I must have mixed my cough syrup with acid, because I am sure I am hallucinating.

teegre
11-26-2017, 11:34 PM
:huh:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4a4bb1dd4d4390e6f7ff46a483542bff/tenor.gif?itemid=5579804

https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ben-roethlisberger-oh-steelers-reaction.gif?resize=286%2C258&ssl=1

:applaudit: Well done. (My bad.)

fansince'76
11-26-2017, 11:38 PM
Took a little more than half a season, but Ben looks like he's finally rounding into form. He's the straw that stirs the drink.

Craic
11-26-2017, 11:42 PM
:applaudit: Well done. (My bad.)

:chuckle: Gotta have fun where you can! Although, after reading through the thread, I'm surprised not more had mentioned him as well. Then again, he didn't do a whole lot of flashy things tonight. He was more of a workhorse. So, perhaps he got overshadowed a bit in that sense. Nevertheless, definitely worth a mention.

- - - Updated - - -

Took a little more than half a season, but Ben looks like he's finally rounding into form. He's the straw that stirs the drink.

Yep. As others have said, it's suspicious that he's doing so much better now that he's playing at home. It makes me wonder what the communication issues are on the road and why they can't overcome them.

fansince'76
11-26-2017, 11:45 PM
Yep. As others have said, it's suspicious that he's doing so much better now that he's playing at home. It makes me wonder what the communication issues are on the road and why they can't overcome them.

Until about halftime of the Titans game, he hadn't been playing well at home either. It's like a light came on during the 2nd half of last week's game.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-26-2017, 11:52 PM
AB is a given! I give to Boz to be the Boz that Brian Bosworth couldn't be. It's a great feeling knowing your kicker Got This!

Craic
11-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Until about halftime of the Titans game, he hadn't been playing well at home either. It's like a light came on during the 2nd half of last week's game.
Perhaps.

I sure hope you're right.

Steeldude
11-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Heroes: BR, Brown, Bell, O-line, James, Boswell

Goats: Defense, but mostly Burns(fitting name)

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-27-2017, 12:07 AM
Heroes: BR, Brown, Bell, O-line, James, Boswell

Goats: Defense, but mostly Burns(fitting name) Man I got dumped on my post about Burns. Sorry still don't dig him as well and will leave it at that.

Steelerette
11-27-2017, 03:33 AM
Haley. Give the man credit. That was a well-called game. In fact, that first drive was almost a perfectly called drive.

Ben has been avoiding Haley. I half suspect Fichtner called that offense. :chuckle:

86WARD
11-27-2017, 06:15 AM
Game Balls - AB, Ben, Boswell and Watt

Goats - DBs as a whole and Danny Smith’s STs.

teegre
11-27-2017, 06:16 AM
Then again, he didn't do a whole lot of flashy things tonight. He was more of a workhorse. So, perhaps he got overshadowed a bit in that sense.

What’s weird is that this type of performance by Bell has come to be so commonplace, that most of us overlook it.

183 yards from scrimmage (led the team)
12 receptions (led the team)

Sure, he didn’t have any TDs, but those are still insane numbers...

SteelMember
11-27-2017, 07:10 AM
The B's on offense... and while the defense gave up the "chunk" plays that kept their offense in it, I though Cam Heyward played his butt off and helped us get that win.

Iron Steeler
11-27-2017, 07:15 AM
shout out to the Oline... ben looked comfortable in yhe pockey last night

tube517
11-27-2017, 07:43 AM
Game Ball to the Killer B's: Brown, Ben, Bell, Boswell and Heyward

Goat: Pass D

86WARD
11-27-2017, 08:36 AM
Yeah...I forgot Heyward deserves one as well!!

Moose
11-27-2017, 05:21 PM
As I've said many times ... THIS is a team I just can't bet on ! Damn inconsistent as hell, they just can't put a team away. Hard to believe they are going for #1/#2 SEED !
GAME BALL- Brown. Bell, BOZ, and Ben ( although his interceptions were killers and could've been costly in this game).
GAME GOAT - Ref's crew ( trying their damnedest to take Steeler's out of game), Butler and his 10 yrd cushions, Burns on his lack of tackling, and of course, SPECIAL TEAM and SECONDARY.
Many things and people need to be 'self' checked before play-offs. Too late in the season to STILL be having some of these issues.
( Bungholes, Pat's are licking their chops)

Devilsdancefloor
11-27-2017, 08:22 PM
Bell & AB

Goat BURNS someone needs to sit his ass down and tell him he has to tackle more than 2 times a game & stop giving up 50 yard TD's

Hawkman
11-27-2017, 08:39 PM
Not really sure why the STs are getting a bad rap this week. Except for one whiffed punt and a missed extra point, I thought they played well. Kicking team hit the winning field goal, (twice in the last three weeks). They changed it up on the kick returns by putting Bryant back there. 41 yard return on his first attempt. Three other returns they prudently took a knee. Coverage team was solid. No they don't get my Goat award.

pczach
11-27-2017, 08:59 PM
As I've said many times ... THIS is a team I just can't bet on ! Damn inconsistent as hell, they just can't put a team away. Hard to believe they are going for #1/#2 SEED !
GAME BALL- Brown. Bell, BOZ, and Ben ( although his interceptions were killers and could've been costly in this game).
GAME GOAT - Ref's crew ( trying their damnedest to take Steeler's out of game), Butler and his 10 yrd cushions, Burns on his lack of tackling, and of course, SPECIAL TEAM and SECONDARY.
Many things and people need to be 'self' checked before play-offs. Too late in the season to STILL be having some of these issues.
( Bungholes, Pat's are licking their chops)

They can lick their assholes for all I care.

Are we supposed to be worried about the Bengals? I mean.....really? Those dirty, cheap, self-destructing dipshits are something we need to concern ourselves with?

Is this the stuff that keeps you up at night?

Just enjoy a win, a 9-2 record, and the current #1 seed. For the love of God.......

You people that continue to bitch after every damn game are exhausting. Nothing short of perfection is good enough.

What happened? Did you lose money because you bet on the Steelers? Boo F'ing hoo.

Do you even enjoy watching the team play?

By the way....they are going for a #1 or #2 seed and there is nothing mysterious about it. They have been and are going to be a better team than just about everyone they will play this year. The fact that you don't understand that says more about you and your grasp of the game than it does about the team.

Mojouw
11-27-2017, 09:05 PM
If the Bengals and Pats are licking their chops, doesn't that mean they are looking ahead? Clearly the result of poor discipline and a lack of focus. I fully expect coaches to be fired and players to be benched post haste.

Moose
11-28-2017, 06:27 AM
They can lick their assholes for all I care.

Are we supposed to be worried about the Bengals? I mean.....really? Those dirty, cheap, self-destructing dipshits are something we need to concern ourselves with?

Is this the stuff that keeps you up at night?

Just enjoy a win, a 9-2 record, and the current #1 seed. For the love of God.......

You people that continue to bitch after every damn game are exhausting. Nothing short of perfection is good enough.

What happened? Did you lose money because you bet on the Steelers? Boo F'ing hoo.

Do you even enjoy watching the team play?

By the way....they are going for a #1 or #2 seed and there is nothing mysterious about it. They have been and are going to be a better team than just about everyone they will play this year. The fact that you don't understand that says more about you and your grasp of the game than it does about the team.

To answer some of your questions pczach, read my thread again slowly. I DON'T bet on this team, so no I didn't lose money. I do watch the game when I'm able (some not televised) and some games I don't enjoy watching when I know they are playing way below their capability. Example - not making tackles, dropping balls, etc.. You enjoy that ? And I know they are 9-2, but luckily. Do you not realize that ? I DO enjoy every win ! But at the same time I sure would like to see the team put a 'lesser' team away early the way they are expected to, and not let a 'lesser' team hang around for 60 minutes. You enjoy that ? Do you enjoy watching your team play less than perfect ? I don't. I want my team to win by as many TD's as possible. I'm a Steeler fan for many, many, many year's, and yes...I expect some ass kickin', ass in the dirt, Steeler football every week. If we lose a game, I'm pissed. But I'll be back next game wanting and expecting revenge. So, as you phrased it ..." you people" just stay " your people" mediocre selves.

Mojouw
11-28-2017, 10:17 AM
To answer some of your questions pczach, read my thread again slowly. I DON'T bet on this team, so no I didn't lose money. I do watch the game when I'm able (some not televised) and some games I don't enjoy watching when I know they are playing way below their capability. Example - not making tackles, dropping balls, etc.. You enjoy that ? And I know they are 9-2, but luckily. Do you not realize that ? I DO enjoy every win ! But at the same time I sure would like to see the team put a 'lesser' team away early the way they are expected to, and not let a 'lesser' team hang around for 60 minutes. You enjoy that ? Do you enjoy watching your team play less than perfect ? I don't. I want my team to win by as many TD's as possible. I'm a Steeler fan for many, many, many year's, and yes...I expect some ass kickin', ass in the dirt, Steeler football every week. If we lose a game, I'm pissed. But I'll be back next game wanting and expecting revenge. So, as you phrased it ..." you people" just stay " your people" mediocre selves.

I would like to know what NFL team just rampages through the league and puts away "lesser" teams week in and week out while playing 60 minutes of perfect football?

Watch other games. Most teams, even the ones with good records, make tons of mistakes, drop games they should win (Jags against the Cards this Sunday, Chiefs at Bills, have you seen the Ravens play?), and on and on.

This is not some black and gold colored "everything is fine" posting. Really and I know no one believes that but -- 9 and friggin' 2. Pole position for the #1 AFC seeding. Dominating defense for the most part. An offensive machine that looks like it is pretty damn close to winding up to 11 out of 10.

Lots of flaws and mental mistakes that can and should be corrected, but I don't know man, you all need a little faith or something. You're watching one of 3 or 5 best teams in the league and still all anyone seems to want to do is piss and moan.

Moose
11-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Not pissin' and moaning man. I understand what you are saying Mojouw, but I'm saying by this stage of season we all know who the 'good' teams are. We know that the Steeler's and Pat's are top notch. Eagle's right now seem to be there also. But some of the mistakes that I've witnessed in some of the games the Steeler's are playing shouldn't be happening....wrong routes, stupid penalties, dropping balls in the wide open, etc.. Some mistakes that when this team play's another great team, i.e. Pat's, Brady would eat up the mistakes you make. I understand there is no 'perfect' team....or game, but you can't give opponents ways to beat you. 9 wins is great at this stage, you're right. I'm happy as hell for the 9 wins. But let's not beat ourselves at this stage of season.

43Hitman
11-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Not pissin' and moaning man. I understand what you are saying Mojouw, but I'm saying by this stage of season we all know who the 'good' teams are. We know that the Steeler's and Pat's are top notch. Eagle's right now seem to be there also. But some of the mistakes that I've witnessed in some of the games the Steeler's are playing shouldn't be happening....wrong routes, stupid penalties, dropping balls in the wide open, etc.. Some mistakes that when this team play's another great team, i.e. Pat's, Brady would eat up the mistakes you make. I understand there is no 'perfect' team....or game, but you can't give opponents ways to beat you. 9 wins is great at this stage, you're right. I'm happy as hell for the 9 wins. But let's not beat ourselves at this stage of season.

It sure is coming across that way. I guess you missed the *Pats play Miami this weekend. Lots of mistakes by the *Pats in that game, they have oline issues, Brady had accuracy issues. ALL teams have problems at some point in every season. It's what you do in spite of the mistakes that makes you great or crappy. The *Pats and Steelers have been better than good this year. Enjoy it man cause these days wont last forever.

Tell you what, go to another teams forum where they are .500 or worse and start telling them about your Steeler problems and see what happens. Just try it, I dare ya.

Steeler fans are spoiled freaking rotten.

Mojouw
11-28-2017, 04:23 PM

It all depends on perspective. I really really feel that Steelers fans, or at least message board posters, play a comparison game that they can't win with other teams. They look at what other teams do well (or at least better than the Steelers) and only see that -- not what the Steelers do better than them or that they do worse than the Steelers.

Not sure if that makes sense. But it leaves the impression that the other "good" teams are all football playing robots with perfect execution and play recognition that will devour any miss-step by the flawed humans who suit up for the Steelers like hyenas will raw meat.

If Aaron Rodgers was the QB of the Packers, I figure they would be like 8-3 or so if Rodgers never gets hurt. That would make them a "good" team. How the hell does a "good" team let AB catch that ball between the CB and the S with a handful of seconds left in a tie game? Aaron Rodgers doesn't play in the secondary. That is a mistake in recognition and execution. Happens to everyone, in every game.

ALLD
11-28-2017, 04:48 PM
We need Jason Bourne in the secondary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9XrIWgsoz0

pczach
11-28-2017, 07:47 PM

There's nothing "mediocre" about those of us that understand that no team is ever perfect.

So you're saying you only see some of the games, yet you profess to know every flaw that this team has and demand perfection?

They are not "luckily" 9-2. It's time to actually start watching other teams play and understand what you are watching.

We all get frustrated when they don't play well or make mistakes, but many of us are also capable of keeping everything in perspective and understanding that they are probably one of the top three teams in the NFL.

Start enjoying the games and realize that you are fortunate to be a fan of a team that does it better than just about any other team on a year to year basis.

Moose
11-29-2017, 08:41 AM
There's nothing "mediocre" about those of us that understand that no team is ever perfect.

So you're saying you only see some of the games, yet you profess to know every flaw that this team has and demand perfection?

They are not "luckily" 9-2. It's time to actually start watching other teams play and understand what you are watching.

We all get frustrated when they don't play well or make mistakes, but many of us are also capable of keeping everything in perspective and understanding that they are probably one of the top three teams in the NFL.

Start enjoying the games and realize that you are fortunate to be a fan of a team that does it better than just about any other team on a year to year basis.

I do agree pczach with you. I guess I'm such a big, long time Steeler fan (45-50+years--Lambert being my hero LOL)...seeing this team in up year's and down year's, et.. I know what this team is capable of. I'm the type of person, that no matter what you do, you try to do your best. This is what I've taught my daughter. To use any blocks in what you're doing, not as a block, but as a stepping stone to get around it and keep going to your goal. You play the game to win, if you lose, learn from it and move on, trying not to make same mistakes. If you drop the ball, miss the tackle, be pissed....learn how to do better and do it next time. No, I don't watch many other football games, some teams I just don't care about or if it's two losing teams I'm not wasting my time be bored for hours. By lucky being 9 wins, what I meant is that that game against Packer's we WERE lucky to escape with a win....we could've lost that game real easy. Sure we put ourselves in that position to lose by some stupid penalties and turnovers, leaving Packer's hang around.....I really find it hard to believe that everyone was okay with the way we played for 60 minutes. And you are right again, I am very lucky to have chosen Steeler football as my team back in the 60's as my favorite style of play. Believe me, living here in the state of Indiana and toting the Black and Gold colors isn't easy sometimes....but it's also enjoyable to go different places around here and see 'thumbs up' by other Steeler fans .... we all recognize each other. To somewhat repeat myself and what many of you already have said, I'm really not pissing/moaning, I just what my Steeler's to play to their capabilities, which I feel is truly the best of the NFL organizations and a team that just about all of the other teams are jealous of.