PDA

View Full Version : Steelers activate Toussaint

polamalubeast
11-25-2017, 10:46 AM

ALLD
11-25-2017, 10:48 AM
What happened with Watson? Was he a kneeler?

Born2Steel
11-25-2017, 10:49 AM
There's our return man back. Maybe he got better with demotion and getting brought back up. Chip on the old shoulder now, maybe?

DesertSteel
11-25-2017, 11:06 AM
I'm excited now.

GBMelBlount
11-25-2017, 11:12 AM
The Steel Sword Returns!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0j--ctOUHcg/maxresdefault.jpg

43Hitman
11-25-2017, 11:26 AM
The Steel Sword Returns!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0j--ctOUHcg/maxresdefault.jpg

One of the best games ever!! Loved this game, such a great story.

Shoes
11-25-2017, 11:42 AM
Just in time for a playoff fumble.

DesertSteel
11-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Does anyone else agree with me that this mean the team does not plan to re-sign Bell??

Shoes
11-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Does anyone else agree with me that this mean the team does not plan to re-sign Bell??

I think they may work something out with Bell, unless they have their sights on Saquon Barkley.

SteelerFanInStl
11-25-2017, 12:40 PM

I don't see any correlation between the two whatsoever. How could you possibly get that out of Watson getting cut?

Frenchy sucks. He shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.

Born2Steel
11-25-2017, 12:43 PM
If Bell does not re-sign, we move on with Conner and probably another draft pick. I didn't understand keeping Watson unless it was for returns anyway. It wasn't, so this move does make sense in that respect. Maybe the demotion can work for Toussaint just like we all hoped for Bryant. Let's just keep an open mind until we know the plan.

BlackAndGold
11-25-2017, 12:57 PM
I think they may work something out with Bell, unless they have their sights on Saquon Barkley.

They know how valuable Bell is to this team, I believe a deal will happen after the season. They got no shot at getting Barkley.

Craic
11-25-2017, 01:16 PM
I'll say this about Toussaint, he has shown a burst through the hole. So, it'll be nice to have him in the stretch. I had hopes he'd become a solid backup, but he didn't quite make it that far. Still good to have him.

- - - Updated - - -

They know how valuable Bell is to this team, I believe a deal will happen after the season. They got no shot at getting Barkley.

I hope so. The problem is this team is so far above the cap next year that it's going to be difficult to keep him and make the personnel changes we need while keeping our other solid players.

pczach
11-25-2017, 03:32 PM
I don't think this has anything to do with Bell not being re-signed. I don't have anything to back that up, I just don't think this move is related to that situation

I don't think Toussaint is very good. If they do keep Bell, I think they will be looking for a faster, smaller, more elusive back that can possibly return kicks, be a third down back, and be good in spot duty.

86WARD
11-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Lol. Why would this have anything at all to do with Bell’s contract situation in the middle of the season?

Hawkman
11-25-2017, 05:06 PM

No

Mojouw
11-25-2017, 05:08 PM
Has more to do with Conner and Watson not being able to pass protect.

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2017, 06:27 PM

its nuts how much of a domino effect this could potentially have on our entire season.

Born2Steel
11-25-2017, 06:30 PM
its nuts how much of a domino effect this could potentially have on our entire season.

Explain what you're thinking this means.

Psycho Ward 86
11-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Explain what you're thinking this means.

Lack of pass blocking RB's behind Bell means Bell cant get off the field. Bell not getting off the field means he'll probably continue to push his pace towards approximately 400 touches. ~400 touches means Bell will have harder time keeping fresh legs and staying healthy on the home stretch. Injured/worn down Bell means defenses pinning their ears back against the pass. Defenses pinning their ears back against the pass means Ben really will have to carry the team offensively. He's looked a lot better the past 5 games, so lets hope its for real.

Theres a pretty consistent history of running backs who get 370-400 touches that suffer a big decline the season after. Bell hasnt been able to complete a season with his workload in 4 years, even if you prorate him to 15 games last season including the playoffs. History says we probably need to either take a gamble on the back up RB's getting some touches and/or letting Ben air it out.

steelreserve
11-25-2017, 10:00 PM
I just think it means Watson wasn't showing he was any better, so we went with an equal guy with more experience in our offense.

Maybe there was some wrinkle like Watson having a hard time learning the playbook and we didn't want that going into the stretch run ... or like some team was about to make Frenchy an offer and he'd rather stay here.

Or maybe there was a less likely but more juicy twist like bad blood / temper tantrum, or an impending drug suspension. Probably not though. Honestly seems like a run-of-the mill shuffle among marginal guys at the end of the roster, like how we used to cut or re-sign Isaiah Green on alternate Mondays for a couple seasons.

Born2Steel
11-25-2017, 10:30 PM
I would say it was more that Frenchy showed things on PS had progressed. Watson had not progressed. They made the change. Remember, Sutton is being activated as well. Doesn't mean dark times are imminent. Watson/Toussaint, what's the difference? Returns and pass blocking is ALL I can determine.

DesertSteel
11-25-2017, 11:31 PM

I don't see any correlation between the two whatsoever. How could you possibly get that out of Watson getting cut?

Frenchy sucks. He shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.

No
It was SARCASM!! :ball:

43Hitman
11-26-2017, 06:40 AM
It was SARCASM!! :ball:
No offense DS, but you're not very good at sarcasm. Just my .02 cents. :tongue1:

teegre
11-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Whole lotta discussion about a guy who might get 1 carry per game.

I’m all for discussion, even the minutia... but, it seems like we are reading way, way too much into this move.

pczach
11-26-2017, 09:22 AM

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!.......We have a winner!

Sometimes people just overthink things.

43Hitman
11-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Ding, Ding, Ding!!!.......We have a winner!

Sometimes people just overthink things.
Yep, we've been talking about that for a few weeks now. That's really the only holding Conner back in my opinion.

pczach
11-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Yep, we've been talking about that for a few weeks now. That's really the only holding Conner back in my opinion.

True. His running has been fine. It has been his pass protection that is lacking. He really needs to get that locked down, or he will always be limited, and a potential liability on the field.

If you're not an exceptional to elite pure runner, that weakness in your game will hold you back your entire career.

DesertSteel
11-26-2017, 04:02 PM
No offense DS, but you're not very good at sarcasm. Just my .02 cents. :tongue1:
Well duh it was obvious. Toussant to replace Bell??? Right....

No offense to you either.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Frenchy must have threaten to post his incriminating pics of Tomlin again.