PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben: Crazy to say my heart's not in game

polamalubeast
11-22-2017, 07:04 AM
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is taking notice of critics who think he doesn't care anymore in light of his flirtation with retirement in the offseason.

Fresh off a four-touchdown performance against the Tennessee Titans, Roethlisberger said on his weekly radio show that such critics "don't know what they are talking about."

"In a way it's like, 'Wait a second, you're going to take a shot at me and you don't know me?'" Roethlisberger said on his Tuesday show, which is broadcast on 93.7 The Fan Pittsburgh. "I'm going to go out here and bust my butt every day and be limping with bruises and put my body and my family through this and not care? You're absolutely nuts."

Roethlisberger mentioned ESPN's Stephen A. Smith as one who has publicly questioned whether Roethlisberger's heart is still in the game. Most of the criticism nationally came after Roethlisberger's five interceptions in Week 5 against the Jacksonville Jaguars and his postgame comment that "maybe I just don't have it anymore."

"I laughed about it," Roethlisberger said on his radio show about the narrative. "[It's] why is Ben still playing if he doesn't care? If he's not playing well, he must not care about it. It couldn't be further from the truth. You don't know what you're talking about."

read more

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21509131/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-calls-critics-say-care-anymore-absolutely-nuts

teegre
11-22-2017, 07:06 AM
#drama

DesertSteel
11-22-2017, 10:02 AM
Ben stirs the pot and then he gets mad at the media for making it a story. But he's been doing that since his rookie year. It's the one part of him that really hasn't matured. But at least he's not banging college girls any longer and riding without a helmet.

Moose
11-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Man up Ben and listen to the tapes and watch the films. YOU are the one who started all the crap about you ! Playing like crap the first few weeks, throwing passes all over the field ( high, low, to the left, to the right), 5 interceptions in Jags game, YOU saying ( maybe sarcastic, but still said it) that you may not have it anymore, and mainly that you were thinking retirement....and what is always said, IF you mention retirement you already retired. With ALL the talent you have on Offense in WR, RB, blocking etc., a Defense that's starting to click and lastly a team that could actually give the Pat's a loss.... it ALL comes down to YOU !!! Again, it comes down to YOU !! With the team that is on that field now, firing on ALL cylinder's, with BEN being BEN, this team has a chance to finally sit the Pat's down. It's ALL UP TO BEN !! So Ben.....shut the FK up and play Steeler ball the way YOU KNOW HOW !! Ask the rest of the player's, I'm sure you aren't the only one with aches and pains.......buy Brett Favre copper fit !!!! LOL

polamalubeast
11-22-2017, 10:35 AM
The comments of Roethlisberger when he said "maybe I just don't have it anymore." was a classic Ben Roethlisberger!!!

43Hitman
11-22-2017, 10:39 AM
The comments of Roethlisberger when he said "maybe I just don't have it anymore." was a classic Ben Roethlisberger!!!
And was dripping with sarcasm. I think some people take him way to seriously. :lol: He sure knows how to rile up a fan base

polamalubeast
11-22-2017, 10:41 AM
And was dripping with sarcasm. I think some people take him way to seriously. :lol: He sure knows how to rile up a fan base

and Stephen A. Smith!

Moose
11-22-2017, 10:54 AM
I do agree that Ben is good at sarcasm, and I majority of the time I can pick it up. Stephen A.Smith is a hugh Steeler fan and pretty well says it as he see's it most of the time. Some I agree with, some I don't. But to me Ben can say all he want's on the TV show's or radio show's, be it sarcastic or humor, but what he does on the field is the 'tell all' of his play ability. He was crap earlier and called out on it by alot of us here, now he's balling the way we know Ben can ball. If he continues, the team stays healthy, the team buries the team's they are supposed to from start to finish then it ought to be a fantastic finish.

SteelerFanInStl
11-22-2017, 12:13 PM

No doubt. Steeler Nation sure seems to make a big deal out of everything that he says.

tube517
11-22-2017, 12:16 PM
No doubt. Steeler Nation sure seems to make a big deal out of everything that he says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21KLynZRnc4 :lol: :cry02:

Born2Steel
11-22-2017, 12:17 PM
I get it. Ben is the heart and soul of this team. Without him the rest is just a pretty good team without a QB. So when Ben says things like he has on retiring, or "maybe I just don't have it anymore", we tend to take it more seriously. Even when we know he's being sarcastic or joking, part of the thought is, how much of that was how he really feels? I think it's normal to stress about your HoF QB.

ALLD
11-22-2017, 05:18 PM
I can see an argument for lacking commitment during several of the first 8 games. Think about some of the other players not showing up to camp and others being social media distractions. Trying to gel the team is tough when others are pushing back. Look at the 49ers who would rather protest than win games.

I think Ben will make it a point to be sharp for the playoffs and accept nothing less from the others.

86WARD
11-24-2017, 10:01 AM
People and reporters take what Ben says without context and run with it. It’s really that simple.

DesertSteel
11-24-2017, 10:16 AM
People and reporters take what Ben says without context and run with it. It’s really that simple.
The context of him saying 'maybe I don't have it anymore' was the he just threw 5 picks, of which 2 were pick-sixes. Ben creates his own drama and then tries to chastise the media. At this point, he's not changing, so I really just tune him out when he's talking.

SteelerFanInStl
11-24-2017, 11:44 AM
The context of him saying 'maybe I don't have it anymore' was the he just threw 5 picks, of which 2 were pick-sixes. Ben creates his own drama and then tries to chastise the media. At this point, he's not changing, so I really just tune him out when he's talking.

Ben's honest and people don't like that. A game like he had against the Jags will cause any QB to question his ability. It happens. Maybe he says more than he should. It doesn't bother me. People just need to stop making a big deal over everything that he says.

86WARD
11-24-2017, 11:47 AM

Exactly...it’s just out of frustration. Lol.

DesertSteel
11-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Ben's honest and people don't like that. A game like he had against the Jags will cause any QB to question his ability. It happens. Maybe he says more than he should. It doesn't bother me. People just need to stop making a big deal over everything that he says.
I don't care what he says as long as they win. But he does speak too much without thinking. That's his prerogative but he shouldn't then come back and whine that people made it a story. That's the part that I don't care for.

GBMelBlount
11-24-2017, 12:12 PM
As long as Ben is fired up and firing on all cylinders come playoffs, I really couldn't care less about this stuff.

https://img.memecdn.com/i-hope-everyone-is-ready-for-some-foobaw_o_711822.jpg