PDA

View Full Version : JuJu Smith-Schuster Dealing With Hamstring Injury?

86WARD
11-21-2017, 11:49 AM
NFL.com is reporting that They main has said that JuJu is dealing with a “small” hamstring “issue”.

tube517
11-21-2017, 11:50 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-nursing-minor-hamstring-injury/

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Might mean more Eli Rogers this week. Hamstrings can be tricky, especially for guys like WR, RB, CB, LB. An O lineman can sometimes deal with it, although its tough to kick slide with a tweeked hammy, but it can be done.

Bluecoat96
11-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Could also mean seeing a little more of Bryant. Thank goodness for some quality depth.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
11-21-2017, 01:11 PM
Sigh

Craic
11-21-2017, 01:32 PM
In the end, this could be a good thing. Both Bryant and Rogers have been quieter this year than originally hoped. It'd be nice to see one or both of them have breakout games.

Iron Steeler
11-21-2017, 02:48 PM
In the end, this could be a good thing. Both Bryant and Rogers have been quieter this year than originally hoped. It'd be nice to see one or both of them have breakout games.

Both of them need to get in a groove. And Bryant needs to get the monkey off his back . Just speculating , but from my perspective it seems like he is left out in all the fun with the position players. He would benefit most from a great game

ALLD
11-21-2017, 03:00 PM
We just need Bryant to show up for the playoffs like Santonio Holmes.

86WARD
11-21-2017, 03:12 PM

I’ll take it!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-21-2017, 03:13 PM

I'm all for that. Then the Steelers can trade him in the offseason for a 5th round pick like Bongtonio Holmes.

Psycho Ward 86
11-21-2017, 03:30 PM

His best game ever WAS against the Broncos in the 2015 playoffs (9 receptions, 154 receiving yards, 40 rushing yards). That was with Ben playing with a separated shoulder, no Antonio Brown, no Leveon Bell, and no Deangelo Williams. Broncos definitely had one of the best defenses in the past 2 decades that year.

Bryant also had 73 scrimmage yards with a ridiculous TD catch the week before. Bryant was quiet towards the regular season until the playoffs showed up, so there is a precedent here :yup:

Steeldude
11-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Hopefully he doesn't end up like Louis Lipps.

Lady Steel
11-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Both of them need to get in a groove. And Bryant needs to get the monkey off his back . Just speculating , but from my perspective it seems like he is left out in all the fun with the position players. He would benefit most from a great game

I read this as Bryant wants to play reindeer games. too. :lol:

I'm all for it.

Moose
11-22-2017, 10:42 AM

Agree ! I said this quite a few weeks back when they were talking about playing Bryant. I mentioned it then that I could see him playing off/on and gradually getting into the rhythm with Ben, getting us to the play-offs and then SB. And then, with having so much talent on offense to cover, Bryant breaks loose in endzone for game winning TD catch, as did Holmes MVP play. Would be great !

86WARD
11-24-2017, 02:09 PM
JuJu was ruled out for Sunday.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2017, 03:24 PM
More work for Eli Rogers!

tube517
11-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Who is the KR w/Watson. Some fat RB from free agency?? :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2017, 06:04 PM

Being that we are playing GB, it makes me think of how much I enjoyed when Dookie Davenport was a Steeler. :thumbsup:

86WARD
11-25-2017, 09:50 AM

They’re bringing Gary Russell back.

Craic
11-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Being that we are playing GB, it makes me think of how much I enjoyed when Dookie Davenport was a Steeler. :thumbsup:

Anyone remember the Davenport Crack thread back on SF? Cracked me up for years.

43Hitman
11-26-2017, 06:47 AM
Anyone remember the Davenport Crack thread back on SF? Cracked me up for years.

Hahaha, that thread was a classic!!

Moose
11-26-2017, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure what a 'small' hamstring issue is, but I'm all for resting him and his hamstring and let Bryant get some playing time in. I think we will need a 'full' healthy squad going down the stretch. Maybe if the Packer's game is in hand, resting Ben in 4th qtr might be good too.

FrancoLambert
11-26-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure what a 'small' hamstring issue is, but I'm all for resting him and his hamstring and let Bryant get some playing time in. I think we will need a 'full' healthy squad going down the stretch. Maybe if the Packer's game is in hand, resting Ben in 4th qtr might be good too.

I don't want Ben to force the ball to Martavis just to get him involved, but I do want to see him get a lot of targets today.
If we can get him close to his previous form going down the stretch, it's a tough offense to shut down (on paper). :crossed:

And yeah, maybe getting Landry some snaps might be a good idea if we NEED him down the road. :cry02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-27-2017, 10:21 AM
IDK, but I would say a healthy JuJu is more important than Bryant at this point. 4 receptions for 40 yards and a TD on 6 targets is an OK day, but I think Ben looks at #26 as his #2 WR on the team and there isn't much help coming from the TE position. Its either AB or Bell in yesterdays game, but I think a healthy JuJu is another target that Ben is most comfortable with.

SteelMember
11-27-2017, 12:12 PM
IDK, but I would say a healthy JuJu is more important than Bryant at this point. 4 receptions for 40 yards and a TD on 6 targets is an OK day, but I think Ben looks at #26 as his #2 WR on the team and there isn't much help coming from the TE position. Its either AB or Bell in yesterdays game, but I think a healthy JuJu is another target that Ben is most comfortable with.

I think it was evident, with some early play, that Ben was looking to Rogers to fill that void knowing Brown was being bracketed on almost every play. But some easy drops made it tough for a frustrated Ben to go back to him until that critical 3rd down catch late in the game... thankfully he made. It is easy to see why Juju is starting over him even as a rookie. Kid has been money. Hope he's back in there sooner, rather than later.

teegre
11-27-2017, 02:33 PM

Not disagreeing, but your post reminded me of some thoughts.

I do not think that anyone is arguing that AB and Bell are not 1 & 1-a.

Every time that Rogers dropped a pass, I imagined JuJu catching it. The difference was three third-down completions... which would have been HUGE.

Bryant is option #4 (IMO). He is like the icing on the cake. If he only has 2 receptions, oh well... but, in the rare instances when he gets 4 and a TD, then it makes everyone breathe easier. And, when he has playoff games like he did in Denver and in Cincy, the opposition might as well pack it up and go home. But, again, I go into the game assuming he gets about 2 for 30 yards (and everything else is a bonus).

Hawkman
11-30-2017, 08:39 PM
Full practice today!:yay3:

GBMelBlount
12-01-2017, 03:24 PM
No more boo boo for Ju Ju!

86WARD
12-01-2017, 03:59 PM
No Boo Boo for JuJu but no practice for AnTOEnio...

GBMelBlount
12-02-2017, 07:01 AM
No Boo Boo for JuJu but no practice for AnTOEnio...

If we were any cornier, we'd have corns.

http://i.imgur.com/Ggme4LW.jpg