PDA

View Full Version : The Playoff Machine is Back!

Craic
11-17-2017, 11:15 PM
The playoff machine is up! http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

So, what I get from it is that if we win straight out, we've got the first seed. If we lose the Pats* game and Jax loses against the Seahawks, we got second seed. If they don't, we got third seed. However, if the last scenario plays out, and then the Pats stumble and lose to the Bills or Jets, then we actually drop to fourth seed.

Hawkman
11-18-2017, 12:13 AM
If we play as well as Thursday night........well... we win everything!

teegre
11-18-2017, 07:50 AM
As I’ve posted for a few weeks now, the Steelers control their own destiny.

That said...

As I post in my weekly “a$$holes rooting” threads: losses by the Taperiots and Jaguars help us (just in case).

And... I love the playoff simulator. Thanks, Craic.

pczach
11-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the link!

stillers4me
11-18-2017, 09:19 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO69uwGWsAA-VXR.jpg:large

polamalubeast
11-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Here is what the standing look like for me

In the AFC

Steelers:14-2
Chiefs:13-3
Patriots 13-3
Jaguars:12-4
Titans:10-6
Ravens:9-7

In the NFC

1.Saints:13-3
2.Eagles:13-3
3.Vikings:12-4
4.Rams:12-4
5.Lions:11-5
6.Seahawks:11-5

Panthers miss at 11-5 and Cowboys at 10-6!!!

Born2Steel
11-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Here is what the standing look like for me

In the AFC

Steelers:14-2
Chiefs:13-3
Patriots 13-3
Jaguars:12-4
Titans:10-6
Ravens:9-7

In the NFC

1.Saints:13-3
2.Eagles:13-3
3.Vikings:12-4
4.Rams:12-4
5.Lions:11-5
6.Seahawks:11-5

Panthers miss at 11-5 and Cowboys at 10-6!!!

Can't argue with your standings, but I hope it's wrong. This scenario puts the Ravens to the Pats, and the Pats to KC. Titans to Jags and Jags to Pitt. If we beat the Jags, we host KC or Pats. Problem is, I want the AFCCG to end up Steelers/Jags. I want to see the Chiefs and Jags in opposite order.

pczach
11-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Can't argue with your standings, but I hope it's wrong. This scenario puts the Ravens to the Pats, and the Pats to KC. Titans to Jags and Jags to Pitt. If we beat the Jags, we host KC or Pats. Problem is, I want the AFCCG to end up Steelers/Jags. I want to see the Chiefs and Jags in opposite order.

You just have to beat whoever is in front of you. I try not to worry about matchups this early!

Bring it on!

:tt03:

Steelermania
11-18-2017, 03:53 PM

Not me. The Rats always give the Pats trouble. Send em up there. At the worst, they may soften the Pats up.

Craic
11-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Here's another interesting scenario. If the Jags lose to the Seahawks, then we can still get a first round bye even if we lose to the Pats* as long as we don't lose any more games. Even more strange, if the Pats* beat us, but the Jags lose against Seattle, then any Pats lost moves them to third seed and us into the first seed even though we lost against them (provided we win out except for the Pats*).

Of course, I prefer we simply win from here on out and avoid any of these scenarios.

ALLD
11-18-2017, 04:54 PM
The Rams are good and could win a SB if they faced a team incompatible with their style. This might be the year of the Eagles too. Now if Ben wants to win out and give it one last push the odds are in our favor.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-18-2017, 08:56 PM
To much worrying about the Pats since last year. If they face KC or the Jags early in the playoffs their is a good chance they may not make it to the AFC championship game.

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 07:23 PM
It's crazy, but at 4-6 and with the weak schedule the bengals have for the rest of the year, they have a shot to make the playoffs!!!!

Shoes
11-19-2017, 07:47 PM
It's crazy, but at 4-6 and with the weak schedule the bengals have for the rest of the year, they have a shot to make the playoffs!!!!

I wouldn't call it weak. They have to play the Lions, Vikings, Steelers & Ravens.

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't call it weak. They have to play the Lions, Vikings, Steelers & Ravens.

You are right...I had just look at their schedule in the next 3 games and 2 of his games are against the Browns and Bears.

Shoes
11-19-2017, 07:50 PM
You are right...I had just look at their schedule in the next 3 games and 2 of his games are against the Browns and Bears.

Hopefully the Browns will get their one and only win against them. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
11-19-2017, 11:17 PM
To much worrying about the Pats since last year. If they face KC or the Jags early in the playoffs their is a good chance they may not make it to the AFC championship game.

I'm not worried about KC, forget that the Steelers own them, they haven't looked like a team capable of challenging anyone in the playoffs the last month, Jags could be tough if the Steelers idiotically play to their strengths like last time

Lady Steel
11-19-2017, 11:51 PM

Not worried in the least.

http://cdn.sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Choke-Bengals.jpg

BlackAndGold
11-20-2017, 12:24 AM
I got the Saints coming out of the NFC. #1 offense, defense looks really good.

They're the next NFC South to make the Super Bowl and lose.

polamalubeast
11-20-2017, 06:28 AM

I still think the chiefs have a very good team, but the steelers have their number.

AtlantaDan
11-20-2017, 07:57 AM
I still think the chiefs have a very good team, but the steelers have their number.

Chiefs bandwagon emptying fast

This from Peter King this morning

The Chiefs have lost all pretensions of being the deep-strike offensive team that embarrassed the Patriots in Foxboro; the loss to the Giants on Sunday made them look like the John Mackovic Chiefs.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/20/los-angeles-chargers-afc-west-nfl-week-11-peter-king-mmqb

And Mark Maske of the Washington Post piles on

Forget about the Kansas City Chiefs as a Super Bowl contender

They are not being threatened in the AFC West, which does not have another team even at .500. But the Chiefs have failed to keep pace with the Patriots and Steelers, who have separated themselves from the rest of the conference and appear destined to meet in another AFC championship game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/11/20/forget-about-the-kansas-city-chiefs-as-a-super-bowl-contender/?utm_term=.ab9024d43cb9

polamalubeast
11-20-2017, 08:05 AM

The Chiefs have lost all pretensions of being the deep-strike offensive team that embarrassed the Patriots in Foxboro; the loss to the Giants on Sunday made them look like the John Mackovic Chiefs.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/20/los-angeles-chargers-afc-west-nfl-week-11-peter-king-mmqb

They are not being threatened in the AFC West, which does not have another team even at .500. But the Chiefs have failed to keep pace with the Patriots and Steelers, who have separated themselves from the rest of the conference and appear destined to meet in another AFC championship game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/11/20/forget-about-the-kansas-city-chiefs-as-a-super-bowl-contender/?utm_term=.ab9024d43cb9

It could change if they make a change at the QB position!

Mojouw
11-20-2017, 11:22 AM

Remember when everyone argued that Alex Smith was suddenly good now? Hmmmmmm......recency bias.

st33lersguy
11-20-2017, 11:26 AM

Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown could have Tom Brady and the Jags defense in this weak as shit AFC and they'd still manage to go one and done. I wouldn't trust those two with a lemonade stand

86WARD
11-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Remember when everyone argued that Alex Smith was suddenly good now? Hmmmmmm......recency bias.

I was one who was arguing in favor of Smith...I think. Lol. I wasn’t arguing he was good, I was arguing he was playing well. That has since hit the bottom of the bowl.

polamalubeast
11-20-2017, 11:43 AM
I don't want to see the steelers be underdog if they play against the chiefs again!

Mojouw
11-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown could have Tom Brady and the Jags defense in this weak as shit AFC and they'd still manage to go one and done. I wouldn't trust those two with a lemonade stand

That is the line of the day!

- - - Updated - - -

I was one who was arguing in favor of Smith...I think. Lol. I wasn’t arguing he was good, I was arguing he was playing well. That has since hit the bottom of the bowl.

Fair enough and at the time it was true! Also, you were far from the only one both here and elsewhere that was firing up the Alex Smith is doing awesome machine.

I have no idea what happened to them, but I wonder if the Steelers defensive game-plan became the blueprint? OR have they had injuries?

AtlantaDan
11-20-2017, 12:39 PM
I have no idea what happened to them, but I wonder if the Steelers defensive game-plan became the blueprint? OR have they had injuries?

After the recent loss to the New York Giants, star tight end Travis Kelce spoke to reporters (http://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/article185541788.html) about the Chiefs’ struggles, which includes losing four of their last five games after opening the season as the lone unbeaten team through Week 5. Kelce mentioned that teams playing specific Cover 2 defense has been the Achilles heel for the team’s offense.

“Teams are running Cover 2. Until we can beat Cover 2, both in the run game and the passing game, we’re going to struggle,” said Kelce (http://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/article185541788.html).

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/11/19/travis-kelce-chiefs-can-beat-cover-2-going-struggle/

86WARD
11-20-2017, 12:58 PM
That is the line of the day!

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough and at the time it was true! Also, you were far from the only one both here and elsewhere that was firing up the Alex Smith is doing awesome machine.

I think the major thing as weird as it may sound is the injuries to Chris Conley and Albert Wilson. They aren’t household names, but they were the starting receivers for the Chiefs along with Hill and they lost both of those guys. Andy Reid’s Offense isn’t easy for WRs to learn and when they lost two thirds of the wide receiving corp, that hurt not only Smith but the run game went in the tank as well. Hunt was a shoe in for rookie of the year...he’s since been passed, IMO, by Kamara.

Not sure that’s exactly why, but it’s a theory on why their whole offense is sputtering.

SteelerFanInStl
11-20-2017, 03:27 PM
I got the Saints coming out of the NFC. #1 offense, defense looks really good.

They're the next NFC South to make the Super Bowl and lose.
I watched the Saints game yesterday. I wasn't impressed.

The Eagles look like a much better team to me.

polamalubeast
11-20-2017, 03:28 PM
I watched the Saints game yesterday. I wasn't impressed.

The Eagles look like a much better team to me.

It was the worst game of the saints in their winning streak...But yes it can be the eagles.

43Hitman
11-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Post of the day!! :thumbsup: :drink:

Craic
11-20-2017, 04:17 PM

True, and then, when you include Tom Brady, well . . . I guess you have to change it to a lemon party.

teegre
11-20-2017, 04:26 PM
True, and then, when you include Tom Brady, well . . . I guess you have to change it to a lemon party.

BWAHAHAHA!!! :applaudit:

You win!!!