PDA

View Full Version : For Whom The A$&holes Are Rooting (Week 11)

teegre
11-16-2017, 06:23 AM
For those of us who watch other games, and want to have a rooting interest, here are the wins/losses that would most help the Steelers:

JAGUARS @ BROWNS:
We need the Jags to lose (since they already beat us). But, I have zero faith in the Browns. Still... Go Browns!!!

BUCCANEERS @ DOLPHINS:
The general rule is to root for the NFC over the AFC... even though, the Dolphins have only a slim chance at the playoffs. Still... Go Buccaneers!!!

RAVENS @ PACKERS:
Duh. Go Packers!!!

CARDINALS @ TEXANS:
Again, root for the NFC. Go Cardinals!!!

CHIEFS @ GIANTS:
With the Chiefs nipping at our heels, we need the them to lose. But, the Giants are horrible. Still... Go Giants!!!

BILLS @ CHARGERS:
Coin toss. (Fantasy owners may want to start Melvin Gordon.)

BENGALS @ BRONCOS:
The Broncos are a dumpster fire. I hope they throw some burning garbage on the Bengals. Go Broncos!!!

TAPERIOTS @ MEXICO CITY:
Duh. Go Raidahs!!!

Enjoy.

Born2Steel
11-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Go Vegas Vaders!

Moose
11-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Looks good to me teegre ! I'm always rooting for whoever plays the bungholes, I hate that team and their obnoxious fans, and I would like to see the brownies get at least 1 win.....except against us ! LOL.

ALLD
11-16-2017, 10:37 AM
I am a Bengal hater now too because of the way I was treated over at their message board. I was very respectful like Silver & Black is on this forum. They just don't want Steeler fans over there. F them.

43Hitman
11-16-2017, 10:57 AM
I am a Bengal hater now too because of the way I was treated over at their message board. I was very respectful like Silver & Black is on this forum. They just don't want Steeler fans over there. F them.
You shouldn't have been slumming it anyways.

teegre
11-16-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm always rooting for whoever plays the bungholes

Honestly, they have become my #1 most despised team. The Taperiots cheat, but at least they aren't intentionally injuring people.

Lady Steel
11-16-2017, 04:28 PM
You shouldn't have been slumming it anyways.

:lol: Exactly! Maybe he was over there wanting to comfort this girl...

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/bengals-fan-crying.jpg

Or this one...

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/pacman-jones-crying.jpg

Alas, it was ultimately this one...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b8/6c/be/b86cbee5317c936fd2f57f4236bf41ed.jpg

:chuckle:

43Hitman
11-16-2017, 04:30 PM
:lol: Exactly! Maybe he was over there wanting to comfort this girl...

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/bengals-fan-crying.jpg

Or this one...

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/pacman-jones-crying.jpg

Alas, it was ultimately this one...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b8/6c/be/b86cbee5317c936fd2f57f4236bf41ed.jpg

:chuckle:

:lol: :applaudit:

Craic
11-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Well, Browns are giving it a shot... Let's see if they can do it

Mojouw
11-19-2017, 02:24 PM
For those of us who watch other games, and want to have a rooting interest, here are the wins/losses that would most help the Steelers:

RAVENS @ PACKERS:
Duh. Go Packers!!!

Enjoy.

Need to put in the proper format or it won't work:

Go! Pack! Go!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4c/8a/6c/4c8a6cd52ff91037eec2f59b995c5dcd.jpg

But honestly, maybe not too much! Rodgers is taking snaps with trainers as of late last week. If they can muddle into the crowded NFC wildcard picture and then have the best QB in the league return...

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 02:24 PM

Mojouw
11-19-2017, 02:27 PM

Watching it too. It is bad. At least Hundley has an excuse.

If Joe Flacco's name was "Blaine Gabbert" or "Blake Bortles" how much more criticism and ridicule would he be getting for this season? He is AWFUL. But since he had one 4 game stretch a few years ago that won him a SB and forced them to pay him several dumptrucks full of money -- all kinds of excuses are being made.

His o-line sucks, but he has more than enough time to find Maclin and/or Wallace -- two darn good wideouts.

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Watching it too. It is bad. At least Hundley has an excuse.

If Joe Flacco's name was "Blaine Gabbert" or "Blake Bortles" how much more criticism and ridicule would he be getting for this season? He is AWFUL. But since he had one 4 game stretch a few years ago that won him a SB and forced them to pay him several dumptrucks full of money -- all kinds of excuses are being made.

His o-line sucks, but he has more than enough time to find Maclin and/or Wallace -- two darn good wideouts.

Yes,but I still think the ravens will make the playoffs because of their schedule and because the battle of the 6th seed in the AFC is horrible.

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 02:37 PM
6-6 between the Chiefs and the Giants....

Mojouw
11-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Yes,but I still think the ravens will make the playoffs because of their schedule and because the battle of the 6th seed in the AFC is horrible.

Which is fine by me! It means the Ravens get another year of an over-rated head coach and a borderline bad QB. Fine by me. Keeping trotting out the same mediocre formula every season!

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 02:44 PM
The giants had the ball in the chiefs red zone with 2 minutes left in this game!

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 03:22 PM
The Giants with the Upset of the year!

86WARD
11-19-2017, 03:47 PM
The Browns are painful...

FrancoLambert
11-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Which is fine by me! It means the Ravens get another year of an over-rated head coach and a borderline bad QB. Fine by me. Keeping trotting out the same mediocre formula every season!

Yeah......just like the Bungles.

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 03:57 PM

Iron Steeler
11-19-2017, 05:16 PM
damn the pats win this one... its smooth sailing for them rest of the season with a steady diet of jets, Bills, and dolphins.

I was hoping the raiders could pull this one off

Texasteel
11-19-2017, 05:19 PM
Since 2010 the Browns have had 13 first round picks, 5 of them in the top 10. That's not counting the 2nd and 3rd rounders. I am beginning to think that team can not be fixed.

Psycho Ward 86
11-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Nathan Peterman, one of the project QB's we were looking to possibly draft just threw 5 interceptions to go along with 6 completions :lol:. Glad we dodged that bullet

Born2Steel
11-19-2017, 05:42 PM
I would not count out any QB for 1 game. Especially when that one game was on the road, across the country, facing the chargers defense. Chargers are 4th in the AFC and 6th in the league in points allowed. The Charger's issues have been on offense this season. That defense is stout with a very good pass rush. I may not agree with the benching of Taylor, but to say Peterman is a total bust because of his first start like this, is premature and just silly. I'm not going to go out on any limb and suggest he'll be a starter somewhere, sometime after this season, but I'm not going out on that 'he's a bust' limb either. He deserves a bit longer piece of rope than that.

polamalubeast
11-19-2017, 05:44 PM
I would not count out any QB for 1 game. Especially when that one game was on the road, across the country, facing the chargers defense. Chargers are 4th in the AFC and 6th in the league in points allowed. The Charger's issues have been on offense this season. That defense is stout with a very good pass rush.

Maybe, but when it's historically bad, that's another story!

Born2Steel
11-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Didn't we just have a 4 INT game against the Titans? Mariota has played a few more games than Peterman. Does that mean Mariota should be benched now? It's just not a logical assessment. Obviously Peterman was not ready today. Not for what he faced against the Chargers. That doesn't mean he's done in the NFL though. These 'all or none' grades are unfair and illogical.

Texasteel
11-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Been watching the Cinny, Denver game. Looks like two 3 and 6 teams trying to figure out which team wants to win.

teegre
11-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Been watching the Cinny, Denver game. Looks like two 3 and 6 teams trying to figure out which team wants to win.

It reminds me of the episode of South Park (The Losing Edge) where the little league teams were trying to lose. :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
11-19-2017, 09:11 PM
am i the only one who feels like the Chargers have a decent chance at the playoffs?

The AFC is just trash. Watching teams fight for the wild card spots is just a comedy of errors and 8-8 is likely to be enough to get in. That defense is actually pretty good and theres a fair number of weapons on that offense. Rivers is still good enough to string together some fairly decent games of his younger years and Gordon may not have blossomed into everything the chargers had hoped for, but he's still a touchdown machine.

I realize that they started the season 0-4 and only one team in NFL history has made it to the playoffs after such a bad start but that one team happens to be (drum roll please)....

The Chargers. Divine intervention incoming :lol:

st33lersguy
11-19-2017, 09:24 PM
I realize that they started the season 0-4 and only one team in NFL history has made it to the playoffs after such a bad start but that one team happens to be (drum roll please)....

They're also the only team to make the playoffs after starting 4-8, and only team to win the division after being down 3 games with 3 games to go, so they are experts in making the playoffs after slow starts.

Honestly they can't be counted out given they're only 1 game behind in the wildcard. It's a realistic chance if they learn to win the close game in the NFL

teegre
11-19-2017, 09:24 PM
am i the only one who feels like the Chargers have a decent chance at the playoffs?

:nod: I mentioned it in the NFL section.

Steelermania
11-19-2017, 10:11 PM

The Chargers are going to regret pissing away that game against the Jags. Three point lead with the ball, and 90 seconds to play, and they turtled, despite having a quality veteran qb.

86WARD
11-19-2017, 11:17 PM
I think the Chargers will put together a run and sneak in.

polamalubeast
11-20-2017, 06:23 AM

The AFC is just trash. Watching teams fight for the wild card spots is just a comedy of errors and 8-8 is likely to be enough to get in. That defense is actually pretty good and theres a fair number of weapons on that offense. Rivers is still good enough to string together some fairly decent games of his younger years and Gordon may not have blossomed into everything the chargers had hoped for, but he's still a touchdown machine.

Even at 3-6, I believed in the chances of the Chargers, but the problem is that they will probably not have the advantage on the tiebreaker with the ravens who have a favorable schedule for the rest of the year.

teegre
11-20-2017, 06:26 AM
The Chargers are going to regret pissing away that game against the Jags. Three point lead with the ball, and 90 seconds to play, and they turtled, despite having a quality veteran qb.

:nod: The Chargers always seem to pull a “Chargers”.

Tre Boston intercepts Blake Bortles and then Boston taunts the Jacksonville receivers (as opposed to returning the ball 15 yards). The Bolts start their drive at the 10 (instead of the 25)... and when they punt, the Jaguars get the ball at mid-field. That difference in 15 yards might not have mattered, but Joey Bosa slams Bortles down (stupid) after a play is over (incomplete pass)... giving the Jaguars new life. What would have been a Jaguars loss turned into a win, because the Chargers gave them 30 yards (setting up the game-tying FG).

polamalubeast
11-20-2017, 06:32 AM
The race for the 6th seed in the AFC this year, it's like in 2013 when nobody seems to want it, so much that the 8-8 steelers(who was 0-4,2-6 and 5-8) almost made the playoffs in 2013 by accident!

Moose
11-20-2017, 08:01 AM
Damn ! The F'kn bungholes beat Denver and now all you hear on the cincy new's channels are how..with the win the bungholes are play-off bound...with the brownies next. UGH....damn Denver !

cubanstogie
11-20-2017, 03:53 PM
damn the pats win this one... its smooth sailing for them rest of the season with a steady diet of jets, Bills, and dolphins.

I was hoping the raiders could pull this one off
I was too, but the more I thought about it its irrelevant. Steelers must win against Pats to get Number one seed. If Pats win they would basically have to lose twice and Steelers win out for Steelers to get the 1. Not gonna happen with their schedule , theres is easier than ours. Steelers control their own destiny which is great. Last few years we have needed help which is very stressful. I think Ravens get in as well, Bills have a tough schedule.

Moose
11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
I think the Chargers will put together a run and sneak in.

I think the Charger's could do it too....but, don't forget about the Saint's with Bree's. There are some dangerous 4--6 teams.

polamalubeast
11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
I think the Charger's could do it too....but, don't forget about the Saint's with Bree's. There are some dangerous 4--6 teams.

The saints are in the NFC and they are 8-2.