PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger Happy With The Win, Not Sweating The Negative Talk

polamalubeast
11-13-2017, 10:43 AM
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Another game on the road against a team under .500 and another game that the Steelers easily could have lost, but they didn’t and they beat the Colts 20-17 on Sunday.

Ben Roethlisberger joined us on The #1 Cochran Ben Roethlisberger Show to talk about winning ugly and how it was good to come out with a win it that situation as opposed to what happened when they went into Chicago earlier this year. Ben was asked about Tomlin pointing out the negatives from the game despite getting a win.

“I think it’s the coach’s job to acknowledge those downfalls, acknowledge the win, but as a coach, he should point out the negative things that happen. The FAN, the media, they should only care about the win. They’re not coaching us, right? They’re the ones that should be happy we won the game. The coach’s job is to coach us and preach on the negatives and figure out how we can be better so we don’t make those negative things again, so yes, that’s his job. It’s one of those things, ‘Hey guys, you know you did this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, you won, good job.”

At the request of Ramon Foster, Ron Cook asked Ben how he felt about his 2.8 passer rating at one point in the game and if he cares about his stats.

“Honestly, what’s our record? What was the final score? Those are the only things that matter. I couldn’t tell you what I was for what, I know I threw an interception, I know I had two touchdowns, that’s all I know. But I know we won the game, I know where our record is and I know that’s the most important thing.”

read more

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/11/13/ben-roethlisberger-happy-with-the-win-not-sweating-the-negative-talk/

polamalubeast
11-13-2017, 10:54 AM

AtlantaDan
11-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the link. Ben joins the crowd on hating TNF.

Ben also took some time to look ahead at the short week they’ll be on as they prepare for a Thursday night matchup with the Titans.

“Ya, it’s miserable, it’s terrible, they need to get rid of this game I think. Just play on Monday’s and Sunday’s. It’s so tough on guys, you’re beat up, you’re banged up. It’s a very violent, physical game we play…you’ve got to let your body recover a little bit. Even a week, you’re still not fully recovered by Sunday to Sunday, you’re still dealing with bumps and bruises and things just continue to build up throughout the season. When you go on such a short week, man, it’s just not good. I don’t know many players that like it. It’s a tough thing to do, but you know, you’ve got to do what the league says.”

As Ben notes, the players have no say on this. But for once it may not be the league that calls the shots on whether a broadcast continues

The primary money-spending audience has declined by nearly a fourth since CBS and NBC decided to fork over $900 million for two years of TNF. Surely, that will have an impact on the financial considerations that any network will assess before agreeing to invest $45 million per game or more for Thursday Night Football in 2018.

So even if the NFL doesn’t want TNF to GFO, there’s a chance someone else will make the decision for the league. Which will take $450 million per year out of the mix for the league and players to (roughly) share. Which works out to (roughly) $7 million per team in reduced cap space. Which equates to an average (roughly) financial loss of $132,000 per player.

And, by the way, that doesn’t mean short-week Thursday Night Football would disappear. It would, at worst, go back to being an NFL Network-only enterprise, and it would be staged only part of the year, in order to justify the fees paid for the privilege of including in a cable/satellite package a league-owned network that still hasn’t taken off the way that it arguably should have.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/10/will-networks-keep-paying-big-money-for-thursday-night-football/

tube517
11-13-2017, 11:01 AM
OMG, Haley yells at Ben.

Get the octagon open! McGregor - Mayweather got nuthin on this. :hockeyfight: :lol:

EzraTank
11-13-2017, 11:50 AM
So Haley is just like the rest of us then.

Geno71
11-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Keep the Thanksgiving games. But whoever plays on Turkey day has their bye week the Sunday BEFORE.

- - - Updated - - -

Haley didn't yell at Ben. He embarrassed him.

Big difference.

But one thing Ben didn't do, was whine like a bitch like Haley did when Boldin gave it back to him.

"Don't call me that, don't call me that"

What was Haley going to do? Call his Daddy for more help? LOL

43Hitman
11-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Keep the Thanksgiving games. But whoever plays on Turkey day has their bye week the Sunday BEFORE.

- - - Updated - - -

Haley didn't yell at Ben. He embarrassed him.

Big difference.

But one thing Ben didn't do, was whine like a bitch like Haley did when Boldin gave it back to him.

"Don't call me that, don't call me that"

What was Haley going to do? Call his Daddy for more help? LOL
You just gonna spew your shit in every thread now?

Mojouw
11-13-2017, 05:54 PM
You just gonna spew your shit in every thread now?

That's this dude's M.O.

Best you can hope for is that he picks a couple of fights and throws a hissy fit or two and he gets banned...again.

Geno71
11-13-2017, 05:57 PM
I didn't mention Ben getting yelled at here. I responded to it.

I'm not shocked though. There have been several sideline incidents un-reported by media since he's been here.

Ben went off on Tomlin AND Haley in week 1.

Then he went on the field and hit James for a TD.

I wish CBS would have shown Brown vs. Haley in Seattle. THAT one, was "legendary" from what fans at the game told me. Poor Tomlin almost got trampled restraining Haley.

- - - Updated - - -

That's this dude's M.O.

Best you can hope for is that he picks a couple of fights and throws a hissy fit or two and he gets banned...again.

I don't pick fights. Unlike others I allow difference of opinion.

I've read several anti-Haley posts from yesterday and weeks past.

I wasn't here. So basically why are some allowed to bash certain aspects of this team while others are labeled trolls?

Mojouw
11-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Wake me up when this happens:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/video/2013/12/10/0ap2000000296385_video_cp.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't mention Ben getting yelled at here. I responded to it.

I'm not shocked though. There have been several sideline incidents un-reported by media since he's been here.

Ben went off on Tomlin AND Haley in week 1.

Then he went on the field and hit James for a TD.

I wish CBS would have shown Brown vs. Haley in Seattle. THAT one, was "legendary" from what fans at the game told me. Poor Tomlin almost got trampled restraining Haley.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't pick fights. Unlike others I allow difference of opinion.

I've read several anti-Haley posts from yesterday and weeks past.

I wasn't here. So basically why are some allowed to bash certain aspects of this team while others are labeled trolls?

How many times have we had this discussion? Your condescending, belligerent, annoying, and generally an abrasive pain in the ass.

You're basically the online equivalent of a puppy crapping in the middle of a rug during a dinner party.

vasteeler
11-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Man, I am slipping. How did I not know that was trash, I mean crash

Geno71
11-13-2017, 06:17 PM
I wish it would. As I said before I'm surprised Ben or Brown haven't taken a swung at him yet.

Funny story though. That night we needed Houston to win to get in the playoffs. ESPN had a camera crew at Rod Woodson's house, and he would comment between plays, possessions, halftime, etc.

We found that game feed, AND, the feed from Rod's house on the same C-band dish transponder.

So before the public saw it, we saw the Gilbride clip being prepared for the lead in. So before they went back on the air, we switched back to Rod, who was sitting in his chair watching the game with his daughter.

We can hear the sound when they went on air, they show Buddy clocking Gilbride, and Rod sitting there yells "That old dude is crazy!" and he busts out laughing. LOL

Geno71
11-13-2017, 06:27 PM
How many times have we had this discussion? Your condescending, belligerent, annoying, and generally an abrasive pain in the ass.

Not at all. I treat people the way they treat me.

But what I don't do? Is just kiss this teams ass, and agree with everything they do.

In short? I don't eat the shit sandwich Art II has fed Steeler Nation since he hired his unqualified ball boy buddy.

If anything, I feel bad for Tomlin, his staff, his legacy, and his players MORE than most do.

The rest of the league agrees with me.

That's not my problem.

Just like Goodell's extension. Art II is on the very committee trying to his extension done, KNOWING that A) HIS players can't stand Goodell, and B) HIS players voted down the 2011 CBA specifically because of Goodell's judge and jury act.

It would have served Art II more good in the long run, and in the eyes of his own players IMO, to sit this one out. He's trying to secure the financial future of the very man that his own players want nothing to do with.

Born2Steel
11-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Not at all. I treat people the way they treat me.

But what I don't do? Is just kiss this teams ass, and agree with everything they do.

In short? I don't eat the shit sandwich Art II has fed Steeler Nation since he hired his unqualified ball boy buddy.

If anything, I feel bad for Tomlin, his staff, his legacy, and his players MORE than most do.

The rest of the league agrees with me.

That's not my problem.

Just like Goodell's extension. Art II is on the very committee trying to his extension done, KNOWING that A) HIS players can't stand Goodell, and B) HIS players voted down the 2011 CBA specifically because of Goodell's judge and jury act.

It would have served Art II more good in the long run, and in the eyes of his own players IMO, to sit this one out. He's trying to secure the financial future of the very man that his own players want nothing to do with.

[/COLOR]

You forgot C) Puts Jerry Jones in charge.

teegre
11-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Nix + Grimble & James = :love2:

Geno71
11-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Nix + Grimble & James = :love2:

Equals interception.

Grimble "started" yesterday because he was on the field first play.

He saw 3 snaps the rest of the game.

But that's what Toddy came up with to start the game, after 2 weeks off.

Just needless, pointless, crap. LOL

Drazo85
11-14-2017, 08:24 AM
I love when Nix is playing. Blue collar hard nosed self made guy. Don't miss blocks and assignments, durable, dependable, great special team player, great character, wish few of those more on this team. And most important thing, when he's playing on offense, someone here is getting a stroke! Love it! Absolutely love it!

Geno71
11-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Um yeah he does miss blocks. Especially when Haley lines him up in the slot and he whiffs.

The rest of the league is phasing out fullbacks. Nix is playing more than most and our rushing attack is down to 18th.

It was much better last season, when he was barely on the field.

If you're MORE worried about ME, instead of the success of this team? I feel sorry for you.

Drazo85
11-14-2017, 08:30 AM
If you feel sorry for me, than I'm fine. I would be worried otherwise.

86WARD
11-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Lol...some people have little to no clue...