Ben
Shazier
Juju
AB
Martavis

DL

Goats:
Burns needs discipline or bench him.
Haley for taking 3 quarters to warm the team up.
Danny Smith does some things okay, but he is a weak link with no discipline of assignments. The gunners ran right by our defenders like they weren't even there. Mel Blount would at least chip one to slow him up if not for a fraction.

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 03:22 PM
haden has a broken fibula thats gonna hurt big time

fansince'76
11-12-2017, 03:23 PM

Shit. :doh:

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 03:25 PM
heroes: juju, heyward, tuitt, shazier

goats: the whole team 1st half, coaching

- - - Updated - - -

I think our secondary just took a major hit losing haden

ALLD
11-12-2017, 03:27 PM
That's 8 weeks.

Mojouw
11-12-2017, 03:29 PM

Well that solves the Cam Sutton issue.

Unless they think they can hold a roster spot and get Haden back for the playoffs?

AtlantaDan
11-12-2017, 03:31 PM
That's 8 weeks.

Sutton may be getting a uniform for needing bodies in secondary

Waiting to hear about Mitchell too

Mojouw
11-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Need to cut someone first. Sutton is not officially on the roster yet.

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 03:36 PM

hopefully sutton can come along quickly and Im not worried about mitchell, Id rather golden take over any way..mitchell is a liability and I think hes gone after this season

Mojouw
11-12-2017, 03:39 PM
hopefully sutton can come along quickly and Im not worried about mitchell, Id rather golden take over any way..mitchell is a liability and I think hes gone after this season

I would rather have Mike Mitchell playing than 2 of Robert Golden playing.

http://images.memes.com/meme/250732

steelcityboyz
11-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Heroes - D-line

Shazier

Boz

JuJU

Goats-

Ben

Haley

O-line

All coaching in general

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 03:44 PM
I would rather have Mike Mitchell playing than 2 of Robert Golden playing.

http://images.memes.com/meme/250732
I will agree to disagree

zulater
11-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Heroes - D-line

Shazier

Boz

JuJU

Goats-

Ben

Haley

O-line

All coaching in general

Ben's a goat? Wow. Wait until this team doesn't have a qb again. :doh:

tube517
11-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Heroes: Juju, Shazier, D-line

Goats: Crap Tackling, Special Teams/Danny Smith's gum

Good hustle play by the Outlaw on the blocked kick.

Shoes
11-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Haley and these end arounds to Bryant need to stop. No one is fooled by them except Haley.

Sorry to hear about Haden but I'm surprised he played this long without being injured. Seems like he was always hurt with the Browns.

fansince'76
11-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Haley and these end arounds to Bryant need to stop. No one is fooled by them except Haley.

Agreed. Nice 7-yard loss to start off the game-winning drive. Fortunately, they possess just enough talent to keep bailing him out.

Mojouw
11-12-2017, 03:55 PM
I will agree to disagree

Re-watch Golden get beat like a drum in the last AFC championship game and then seriously think about how much Mitchell's antics really bother you.

Honestly not trying to be a jerk at all but Robert Golden is not a starting caliber player in the NFL. Every time he has been forced to play large amounts of minutes in pass coverage, he has yielded completions and touchdowns. Golden is an aggressive tackler and a willing blitzer. But he is not good in coverage.

While Mitchell is not a Pro Bowl safety or anything - he is the leader of the secondary and high end of average at worst.

Golden is a small stumble upwards from Scott Shields.

steelcityboyz
11-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Ben's a goat? Wow. Wait until this team doesn't have a qb again. :doh:I'm saying it took Ben almost the whole game to get into a rhythm, Ben is supposed to be an elite QB in some people's opinions so yeah he was a goat today. I agree with you about not having Ben anymore. Don't get me wrong I like Ben and am not looking forward to seeing him go, but today and this season he's not playing well.

Mojouw
11-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Heroes: Juju, Shazier, D-line

Goats: Crap Tackling, Special Teams/Danny Smith's gum

Good hustle play by the Outlaw on the blocked kick.

WHich is good because early reports are saying he missed the block that let the dude swat the kick!

SteelerFanInStl
11-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Heroes: JuJu, DLine, Shazier, Ben

Goats: Coaching staff, the whole team for the first 3 quarters

BlackAndGold
11-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Ben stepped up in the 2nd half, and thankfully he did.

He frustrates the shit out of me.

EzraTank
11-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Heroes: Jesse James & Berry for hustling and making that 2 point tackle.

Goats: Coaching. No excuse for laying such a turd after a bye week against a BAD team.

AtlantaDan
11-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Heroes - JuJu, end of game Ben, D-line

Goats - Haley (although "call the fucking play" during the 2 point conversion cluster was pretty good), everyone else until midway through third quarter, and JuJu TD celebration

That is pretty obscure and marketed to hard core fans and other players - JuJu apparently has now reached the indie film maker stage of his celebrations where it is "art" marketed to a limited highbrow audience

hawaiiansteeler
11-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Ben's a goat? Wow. Wait until this team doesn't have a qb again. :doh:

let's all not forget Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister, Todd Blackledge, Neil O'Donnell, Steve Bono, Jim Miller, Scott Campbell, Mike Tomczak, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, Dennis Dixon, Michael Vick and Kordell Stewart...

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 04:08 PM
im surprised we didnt get a flag for a group celebration after shaziers interception...thought it was allowed only on TDs??

fansince'76
11-12-2017, 04:08 PM
let's all not forget Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister, Todd Blackledge, Neil O'Donnell, Steve Bono, Jim Miller, Scott Campbell, Mike Tomczak, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, Dennis Dixon, Michael Vick and Kordell Stewart...

And also remember that Mark Malone was a first round pick! :chuckle:

vader29
11-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Goat: Haley

http://image.ibb.co/jVFAoG/stfu_haley.gif

fansince'76
11-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Lost a timeout AND five yards on that cluster. Thankfully, they still got the 2 points. SMH.

86WARD
11-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Heroes: JuJu. No one else deserves it.

Goats: Danny Smith and his special teams. Specifically, the FG Unit. Steelers Depot mentioned this pressure issue weeks ago and the Steelers did nothing to improve it which resulted in a blocked XP and serious pressure on the missed FG. Danny Smith is one of the biggest detriments to this team.

Pretty much the whole offense deserves a goat. After Shaziers INT, the defense sprints off the field and the offense hinhuns their way on giving Lazy, unenergetic “low fives” to the players coming off the field...tells you all you need to know about the status of the offense right now.

SteelerFanInStl
11-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Haley wanted Ben to run the reverse like he called.

AtlantaDan
11-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Thank you for that clip - that sequence with Ben just giving up was peak Haley

fansince'76
11-12-2017, 04:32 PM
im surprised we didnt get a flag for a group celebration after shaziers interception...thought it was allowed only on TDs??

I thought for SURE we were going to get tagged for 15 (as well as extending the Colts' drive) when Tuitt hit Brissett.

pczach
11-12-2017, 04:47 PM
I'm still waiting for Tomlin to run over to Haley and give him a forearm shiver the next time he calls a reverse that loses 10 yards on first down.

Haley has these meltdowns, but some of the shit he comes up with is mind-boggling.

I have no idea what happened when they took the delay of game penalty, but Haley wanted Ben to just run the f'ing play. Based on much of the play calling, I'd have reservations going with one of his plays too.:chuckle:

fansince'76
11-12-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm still waiting for Tomlin to run over to Haley and give him a forearm shiver the next time he calls a reverse that loses 10 yards on first down.

Not to mention all the 5-wide empty sets with goal-to-go inside the five...

st33lersguy
11-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Heroes: Juju, he's been the best receiver the last 2 weeks (more productive than even AB), Tuitt and Heyward took over the game, Shazier with the interception.

Goats: The three stooges: Haley, Butler, Danny Smith. Whatever the hell that was in the first half, field goal unit up until the very end. The refs once again were horrible

ALLD
11-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Haley is too inconsistent. Tomlin needs to put Haley in the box upstairs and turn his mic off.

BlackAndGold
11-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Is he saying 'shut the f**k up man/Ben'???

teegre
11-12-2017, 05:19 PM

“Shut the f*ck up, Ben!!! Shut the fuck up!!!”

Then... (not in the gif): “Call the f*cking play!!!”

Craic
11-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Let's do this in reverse order:

Goats:

First half Ben R. What a horrible performance. And then, when he did put the ball where it could be caught by one of our receivers, they couldn't even do it, and that included AB.

First half WRs. I have never seen AB misjudge a ball like he did on that deep throw. Bryant didn't even come back to fight for the ball on the first-drive INT. There were other miscommunications and Ben is too much the veteran for them to all be his fault. No way.

Joe Haden's fibula.

Special teams - with special mention of Boswell. Bounces a kick off the uprights from that close a distance? Thankfully he put it behind him.

Heroes

Second half Ben. The second half of today's game was the first time all year I saw flashes of the old Ben. When he scrambled to his left and hit the receiver, it felt like a breath of fresh air. It's almost as though something finally clicked into place.

Second half WRs. Ju-Ju took the game on his shoulders down the stretch. What a great pick up in the draft. Bryant did do a lot, but when he got the ball, he looked as though he had a fire in him, getting as many yards as possible. And then, Brown's lone catch in what felt like the entire second half—he always shows up when he is needed.

Defense. For two years, this team was winning games because the offense was bailing out the defense. Now, it's reversed. This season is starting to remind me a little of 2008.

HM

We had our normal performers, especially on defense. But I think a call-out to Dupree is warranted today because he seemed to take a step forward.

Artie Burns on the Run. Did anyone see Burns close the distance and decleat the RB today? I gotta give him props.

Born2Steel
11-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Heroes: The Colts for making this game less boring than advertised.
JuJu
A Martavis Bryant sighting

Goats: Kicking

AtlantaDan
11-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Heroes

Second half Ben. The second half of today's game was the first time all year I saw flashes of the old Ben. When he scrambled to his left and hit the receiver, it felt like a breath of fresh air. It's almost as though something finally clicked into place.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOduOGSVwAAbjbW.jpg

This loooks like the play with the big completion to AB on the last drive. Being able to do this is what will get Ben to Canton

Shoes
11-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Haley wanted Ben to run the reverse like he called.

No, he wanted the end around that has been fooling teams all season.

st33lersguy
11-12-2017, 06:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOduOGSVwAAbjbW.jpg

This loooks like the play with the big completion to AB on the last drive. Being able to do this is what will get Ben to Canton

Now that is the real Ben

Shoes
11-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Looks like he scraped Danny Smiths bubblegum from under the bench and revived it.

teegre
11-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Let's do this in reverse order:

Goats:

First half Ben R. What a horrible performance. And then, when he did put the ball where it could be caught by one of our receivers, they couldn't even do it, and that included AB.

First half WRs. I have never seen AB misjudge a ball like he did on that deep throw. Bryant didn't even come back to fight for the ball on the first-drive INT. There were other miscommunications and Ben is too much the veteran for them to all be his fault. No way.

Joe Haden's fibula.

Special teams - with special mention of Boswell. Bounces a kick off the uprights from that close a distance? Thankfully he put it behind him.

Heroes

Second half WRs. Ju-Ju took the game on his shoulders down the stretch. What a great pick up in the draft. Bryant did do a lot, but when he got the ball, he looked as though he had a fire in him, getting as many yards as possible. And then, Brown's lone catch in what felt like the entire second half—he always shows up when he is needed.

Defense. For two years, this team was winning games because the offense was bailing out the defense. Now, it's reversed. This season is starting to remind me a little of 2008.

HM

We had our normal performers, especially on defense. But I think a call-out to Dupree is warranted today because he seemed to take a step forward.

Artie Burns on the Run. Did anyone see Burns close the distance and decleat the RB today? I gotta give him props.

Cut & paste :nod:

hawaiiansteeler
11-12-2017, 06:14 PM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/U7Cl98FIM_vgLsejtI_LrEHVO38=/0x0:342x411/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:342x411):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9513583/ohhhhhhhh.0.gif

teegre
11-12-2017, 06:17 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/U7Cl98FIM_vgLsejtI_LrEHVO38=/0x0:342x411/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:342x411):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9513583/ohhhhhhhh.0.gif

:rofl2: That is the perfect response. WINNER!!!

Moose
11-12-2017, 06:31 PM
HERO - JuJu
GOAT - Coaching staff ( especially Asshole Haley). You come off a BYE week and play a somewhat bad team, a team you should DOMINATE...and this is what you come up with ???? Bunch of assholes.

hawaiiansteeler
11-12-2017, 06:33 PM
GOAT - Coaching staff ( especially Asshole Haley). You come off a BYE week and play a somewhat bad team, a team you should DOMINATE...and this is what you come up with ????

http://www.steelersgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Haley.jpg

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 07:07 PM

http://image.ibb.co/jVFAoG/stfu_haley.gifWas he yelling at Ben??? LOL

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 07:12 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/U7Cl98FIM_vgLsejtI_LrEHVO38=/0x0:342x411/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:342x411):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9513583/ohhhhhhhh.0.gifClassic!!! Thats Bens response to haley...lmao!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Steelerchad
11-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Hero: The Outlaw Jesse James. His hustle play won the game. If he doesn't hustle, that's 2 points and a 10 point lead for the Colts. We don't get the 2 point conversion because we kick it for 1 and Boswell's winning FG is actually for the tie and to send it to OT.
Goat: Artie Burns. When he gets beat, he gets beat bad. I've never seen so many walk-ins. Usually the CB is within arms reach or so. This guy gets beat by 10 yards when he misses. He bit hard on the fake and couldn't recover. Also, not much hustle to catch back up.

SteelerFanInStl
11-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Hero: The Outlaw Jesse James. His hustle play won the game. If he doesn't hustle, that's 2 points and a 10 point lead for the Colts. We don't get the 2 point conversion because we kick it for 1 and Boswell's winning FG is actually for the tie and to send it to OT.

If he hadn't let the guy past him first to get the blocked kick then he wouldn't have had to chase him down. He also wasn't going to catch him without help from Berry. Berry caused the Colts player to cut back before James caught him.

teegre
11-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Jesse James getting a game ball is equivalent to when Luke (Modern Family) got the medal for putting out the fire... which he started.

SteeleReign
11-12-2017, 07:36 PM
“Shut the f*ck up, Ben!!! Shut the fuck up!!!”

Then... (not in the gif): “Call the f*cking play!!!”We thought he was talking to Tomlin... "STFU Mike"... How's that for a controversy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

86WARD
11-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Jesse James getting a game ball is equivalent to when Luke (Modern Family) got the medal for putting out the fire... which he started.

Lol. Nice reference.

DesertSteel
11-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Goat Boswell
Hero Boswell

Lady Steel
11-12-2017, 11:08 PM

I dislike this asshole as much as I dislike Carol on The Walking Dead. That's some major disikeage.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-12-2017, 11:58 PM
. Did anyone see Burns close the distance and decleat the RB today? I gotta give him props.

Was that the most consequential play that Burns was involved in this Sunday? I seemed to recall him doing an Antowan Blake impression to give up 6 points. :doh:

Butch
11-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Hero - Ju Ju he was the only receiver in the 1st 1/2 to do much of anything and the only 1 to play a complete game. Ben and the D who played their parts in the 2nd half

Goats - Special Teams cost us big time this game 3 penalties on a single punt, blocked extra point, missed FG. Coaches for not being able to have this team ready to play from the start of the game.

teegre
11-13-2017, 06:22 AM
Goat Boswell
Hero Boswell

:nod:

To continue along those same lines...

Goat: BB in the first half.
Hero: BB in the second half.

Goat: Coaches not having team up for first half.
Hero: Coaches for inspiring team in second half.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2017, 07:21 AM
:nod:

To continue along those same lines...

Goat: BB in the first half.
Hero: BB in the second half.

Goat: Coaches not having team up for first half.
Hero: Coaches for inspiring team in second half.

Eh, Shazier missed tackles like Artie Burns in the first half. Not sure that is on the coaches. MB wants targets and on his first deep target, he fails to find the football and out jump Pierre Desir for the ball?? IMO, that isn't on the coaches, but players failing to execute their primary functions as football players.

Mojouw
11-13-2017, 09:44 AM
Eh, Shazier missed tackles like Artie Burns in the first half. Not sure that is on the coaches. MB wants targets and on his first deep target, he fails to find the football and out jump Pierre Desir for the ball?? IMO, that isn't on the coaches, but players failing to execute their primary functions as football players.

Welcome to the Official Ingrained Viewpoints section of this particular message board. While T is not a good representation of these view points, it is common practice to assume the following after any less than 2 TD Steelers win and all losses:

1. Positive things for the Steelers are the result of the players being really good. This has no relationship to anything the coaching staff does or says. For instance, Vance McDonald being wide open? Not a play design, but an amazing scramble drill by Ben and the TE.
2. Negative things for the Steelers are the result of the coaches making bad calls, not enforcing discipline, being unprepared, allowing the team to lose focus, and calling the wrong plays. While the game apparently does have some loose connection to the players' actions - these are entirely dictated by the decisions and attitudes of the coaching staff. It is critical to recognize that the Steelers coaches are all arrogant, a bit lazy, and really obsessed with proving how smart they are with "splash plays".
3. The performance of the Steelers is oddly unrelated to the performance of the opposing team. It is usually best practice to determine what the final score should be a few days before the game. Then spend the entire game complaining and blaming players and coaches if that outcome does not occur.
4. Most negative Steelers outcomes (again, best defined as any game the where the team does not win by 2+ TDs) can be directly attributed to the coaching staff. I know. I know - players apparently are coached to over-run plays, miss tackles, take poor angles, and wander out of assigned gaps. Typically this is then compounded by a failure to make half-time adjustments. Honestly, I don't know how this team ever wins.
5. Finally, pointing out anything outside these parameters will likely brand you as an apologist who refuses to see what more learned and discerning fans can see - that the Tomlin regime is an undisciplined arrogant failure engine that is periodically saved by the amazing players - who aren't really the right players anyway because we haven't talked about how crappy Colbert is at drafting yet...

If you can keep these basic principles in mind, then your time here at the forum will be much more enjoyable! :drink:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the Official Ingrained Viewpoints section of this particular message board. While T is not a good representation of these view points, it is common practice to assume the following after any less than 2 TD Steelers win and all losses:

1. Positive things for the Steelers are the result of the players being really good. This has no relationship to anything the coaching staff does or says. For instance, Vance McDonald being wide open? Not a play design, but an amazing scramble drill by Ben and the TE.
2. Negative things for the Steelers are the result of the coaches making bad calls, not enforcing discipline, being unprepared, allowing the team to lose focus, and calling the wrong plays. While the game apparently does have some loose connection to the players' actions - these are entirely dictated by the decisions and attitudes of the coaching staff. It is critical to recognize that the Steelers coaches are all arrogant, a bit lazy, and really obsessed with proving how smart they are with "splash plays".
3. The performance of the Steelers is oddly unrelated to the performance of the opposing team. It is usually best practice to determine what the final score should be a few days before the game. Then spend the entire game complaining and blaming players and coaches if that outcome does not occur.
4. Most negative Steelers outcomes (again, best defined as any game the where the team does not win by 2+ TDs) can be directly attributed to the coaching staff. I know. I know - players apparently are coached to over-run plays, miss tackles, take poor angles, and wander out of assigned gaps. Typically this is then compounded by a failure to make half-time adjustments. Honestly, I don't know how this team ever wins.
5. Finally, pointing out anything outside these parameters will likely brand you as an apologist who refuses to see what more learned and discerning fans can see - that the Tomlin regime is an undisciplined arrogant failure engine that is periodically saved by the amazing players - who aren't really the right players anyway because we haven't talked about how crappy Colbert is at drafting yet...

If you can keep these basic principles in mind, then your time here at the forum will be much more enjoyable! :drink:

:applaudit: Well written and concise guidelines, I like it!

nb. as a guy that has been on Steelers MB's, since the late 90's (I remember the sound of my 14.4 modem dialing to get on the web) I am well aware of the principles. Should almost etch these in stone and put somewhere for all to see.

Mojouw
11-13-2017, 10:11 AM

nb. as a guy that has been on Steelers MB's, since the late 90's (I remember the sound of my 14.4 modem dialing to get on the web) I am well aware of the principles. Should almost etch these in stone and put somewhere for all to see.

Ahhhh....the modem sound...once the battle cry of the internet warrior.

Too few still know the struggle of the 14.4 modem and getting a busy signal on a phone - ever.

Now I feel old!

DesertSteel
11-13-2017, 12:26 PM
I was the DC Saturday night for a youth football championship game that we got killed in. I’m pretty sure all those missed tackles were my fault.

teegre
11-13-2017, 01:34 PM

I get your point (and, I mostly agree with that viewpoint)...

But, if I am going to give credit to Tomlin for his halftime speech (which apparently was very good), then I also have to put some of the onus on the coaching staff for that miserable first half (players admitted that they were not fired up/felt like it wasn't even game day).

Coaches are like franchise QBs: both get too much credit for the things that go right, but also bear the burden of being lambasted for every single little thing when it goes wrong.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2017, 01:57 PM
I get your point (and, I mostly agree with that viewpoint)...

But, if I am going to give credit to Tomlin for his halftime speech (which apparently was very good), then I also have to put some of the onus on the coaching staff for that miserable first half (players admitted that they were not fired up/felt like it wasn't even game day).

Coaches are like franchise QBs: both get too much credit for the things that go right, but also bear the burden of being lambasted for every single little thing when it goes wrong.

I don't know much about his speech, but honestly if you have to "get your players up" before the game in the NFL....you probably need to release those players and find other professional football players with the internal motivation to play on Sundays.

- - - Updated - - -

I was the DC Saturday night for a youth football championship game that we got killed in. I’m pretty sure all those missed tackles were my fault.

True. Have you ever thought that ...."maybe the game has passed you by and you aren't the DC that you used to be"? Kind of like Richard LeBeau. :wink:

teegre
11-13-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't know much about his speech, but honestly if you have to "get your players up" before the game in the NFL....you probably need to release those players and find other professional football players with the internal motivation to play on Sundays.

Maybe. But, even Chuck Noll had to use a halftime speech every now & again.

tube517
11-13-2017, 02:12 PM

He did but he confused the hell out of the team :chuckle:

“Let me tell you a story about two monks who are on a journey. Some time during their journey they stop at a clearing, and in the clearing is a stream, and they stop at the stream. On the one side of the stream is a fair maiden trying to cross. And the first monk, without any hesitation, crosses that stream, picks up the fair maiden and carries her across and sets her down. The two monks carry on in silence. Sometime later on their journey they stop at another clearing. The second monk says to the first, ‘You picked up that maiden. Do you know it’s against our beliefs and our religion to come in contact and touch a person of the opposite sex?’ The first says, ‘I set her down back there, but you carried her all the way here.’ … I’ll see you guys tomorrow at 10:00 AM.”

We broke out of the huddle and walked back to the locker room and guys were like, "What the hell did he just say?" Eventually I figured it out: Our failures are back there. We move on.

As told by RockY Bleier

https://www.si.com/2014/06/16/chuck-noll-remembered-rocky-bleier-pittsburgh-steelers

AtlantaDan
11-13-2017, 03:29 PM

This was a Chuck Noll halftime speech :chuckle:

Once, during the Steelers' dark losing days, Cornerback Lee Calland came into the dressing room at halftime weeping. He rose tearfully, dramatically, and began making a heart-rending appeal for a better second-half effort. "Shut up, Lee," said Noll, and Calland sat down and Noll fell to diagramming plays on the blackboard.

https://www.si.com/vault/1975/02/17/557877/youre-a-part-of-all-this

Geno71
11-13-2017, 04:59 PM
Actually the exact words, according to Ray Mansfield were: "Lee, shut the fuck up and sit down."

teegre
11-13-2017, 05:03 PM
This was a Chuck Noll halftime speech :chuckle:

Once, during the Steelers' dark losing days, Cornerback Lee Calland came into the dressing room at halftime weeping. He rose tearfully, dramatically, and began making a heart-rending appeal for a better second-half effort. "Shut up, Lee," said Noll, and Calland sat down and Noll fell to diagramming plays on the blackboard.

https://www.si.com/vault/1975/02/17/557877/youre-a-part-of-all-this

True. 99% of the time, he didn’t say squat. (The same goes for Bill Belichick.)

43Hitman
11-13-2017, 05:46 PM
Goat: First Half Steelers

Game Ball: Second Half Steelers

Shoes
11-13-2017, 08:30 PM

I think both coaches and players have a part in it. How in the hell do the Steelers look like fools so many times and yet the Pats come off bye moving like a well oiled machine? The coach surely has a part in it. The players in NE buy into Bills system completely. Like it or not it works for them. No question players have to execute but there is more to it than Shazier & Burns missing tackles. The Steeler players not feeling like it's game day on game day has to do with coaching imo.

Ryan Shazier told Jeremy Fowler, “before the game some people even told me it almost didn’t feel like a game day (https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/929856929362477056)”, implying that that many of his teammates were experiencing something of a post-bye hangover.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/ryan-shazier-many-almost-didnt-feel-like-game-day-bye/

Mojouw
11-13-2017, 08:34 PM
I think both coaches and players have a part in it. How in the hell do the Steelers look like fools so many times and yet the Pats come off bye moving like a well oiled machine. The coach surely have a part in it. The players in NE buy into Bills system completely. Like it or not it works for them. No question players have to execute but there is more to it than Shazier & Burns missing tackles. The Steeler players not feeling like it's game day on game day has to do with coaching imo.

Ryan Shazier told Jeremy Fowler, “before the game some people even told me it almost didn’t feel like a game day (https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/929856929362477056)”, implying that that many of his teammates were experiencing something of a post-bye hangover.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/ryan-shazier-many-almost-didnt-feel-like-game-day-bye/

Could also be that the Denver Broncos are clearly a team that has given up. I mean when your coaching staff betrays you by starting Osweiler at QB over literally any other option - well you know you have no chance at winning.

That being said, I see what you are getting at. At least they didn't lose this year?

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2017, 08:37 PM
I think both coaches and players have a part in it. How in the hell do the Steelers look like fools so many times and yet the Pats come off bye moving like a well oiled machine? The coach surely has a part in it. The players in NE buy into Bills system completely. Like it or not it works for them. No question players have to execute but there is more to it than Shazier & Burns missing tackles. The Steeler players not feeling like it's game day on game day has to do with coaching imo.

/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/ryan-shazier-many-almost-didnt-feel-like-game-day-bye/)

You bring up some points that make me think Mojouw needs to amend post #64.

6. any poor performance by the Steelers should also carry the warning....."that would not happen in New England". (we can call it the Pats inferiority clause) :thumbsup:

teegre
11-13-2017, 08:38 PM
The Steeler players not feeling like it's game day on game day has to do with coaching imo.

:nod: That is literally the quote to which I was referring.

teegre
11-13-2017, 08:51 PM
Could also be that the Denver Broncos are clearly a team that has given up. I mean when your coaching staff betrays you by starting Osweiler at QB over literally any other option - well you know you have no chance at winning.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the Broncos have lost FIVE in a row.

Moreover...

One loss was to the hapless Giants.
One loss was a shutout against the pedestrian Chargers.
One loss was a 51 point drubbing by the Eagles.

Geno71
11-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Hero:

Ben, because he's Ben when Haley allows him to be.

Haley for junking his multi-TE/FB set in the 2nd half.

Shazier

JuJu

Goat:

Haley in the first half as well as his childish tantrum.

Burns

Brown for short-arming that pass.

- - - Updated - - -

As I mentioned elsewhere, the Broncos have lost FIVE in a row.

Moreover...

One loss was to the hapless Giants.
One loss was a shutout against the pedestrian Chargers.
One loss was a 51 point drubbing by the Eagles.

These hicks out here at 3-1 were calling Siemian a future star.

Now they can't wait until they kick him out of town.

Btw, I really wish we would have taken a late round pick on Chad Kelly.

86WARD
11-14-2017, 02:24 AM
Hero:

Ben, because he's Ben when Haley allows him to be.

Haley for junking his multi-TE/FB set in the 2nd half.

Shazier

JuJu

Goat:

Haley in the first half as well as his childish tantrum.

Burns

Brown for short-arming that pass.

- - - Updated - - -

These hicks out here at 3-1 were calling Siemian a future star.

Now they can't wait until they kick him out of town.

Btw, I really wish we would have taken a late round pick on Chad Kelly.

Welcome back Crash.

Steeldude
11-14-2017, 06:37 AM

Did you ever post or visit the Steelers MB on RealPittsburgh.com back in the late 90's?

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Did you ever post or visit the Steelers MB on RealPittsburgh.com back in the late 90's?

I don't think so. I was on the MB at the Steelers.com site I believe, but got a short ban by their bots for writing "Dick" Lebeau. Then another for posting a vid of that dog in a sweater humping a Browns stuffed animal. Was the RealPittsburgh.com one full of insightful posts and optimism?

DesertSteel
11-14-2017, 09:07 AM
I don't think so. I was on the MB at the Steelers.com site I believe, but got a short ban by their bots for writing "Dick" Lebeau. Then another for posting a vid of that dog in a sweater humping a Browns stuffed animal. Was the RealPittsburgh.com one full of insightful posts and optimism?

Steeldude wouldn't have been allowed there if so, lol.

zulater
11-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Hero's.

Ben. His first half wasn't nearly as bad as advertised. The Steelers didn't establish any offensive rhythm due to a handful of plays that were just slightly off. On the interception Ben couldn't step into the ball because he had a pass rushed come right into his face as he was delivering the ball. AB had an opportunity to make a game changing catch and pulled up on it. And on another 3rd down pass Ben and AB just missed splitting the seam by about a yard. ( the one AB caught out of bounds) All in all I didn't see Ben missing open receivers, making awful reads etc.. He only threw 9 passes, so seriously the level of ire directed towards Ben's first half was greatly exaggerated imo. In fact I would say the worst play he made in the first half was the first down fumble that cost the Steelers their best chance at a half ending touchdown.

In the second half not only was he statistically sound, he was also making quality throws. A couple of the seam passes that he threw to Ju Ju were vintage Ben. The kind of throws that haven't been in evidence most of the year. You can live without the deep pass if you can consistently drill that 15 yard seam pass like that.

Ju Ju. Not only his timely catches were a big factor but his downfield blocking and field awareness. To wit, on the last series, the two passes that set up the fg, the completion's to Martavis, and AB, Ju Ju was downfield and made great blocks in space that contributed to the length of the play. What was really impressive was that he was in an area where anything other than great technique draws the flag for an illegal block. Hard to describe, but if you have NFL rewind it's worth watching his contribution on those plays.

Jordan Berry. Best punting by him all season. He did a good job of flipping the field all game. Plus his pursuit on the blocked xp had a great deal to do with not giving up a momentum shifting 2 point defensive conversion.

Ryan Shazier. The interception was obviously a turning point play. And besides that he was buzzing around all game making plays.

Cam Hewward, and Stephon Tuitt. I put them together because they often are out there resembling a two headed monster! Great penetration all game, solid tackling. They dominate the LOS.

Goats.

T.J. Watt. His worst game as a pro. I can't speak how he was on coverage, as I don't subscribe to the all 22 on NFL rewind, but as far as his pass rush and setting the edge on the run, he was worthless this game. The Colts left tackle owned him all day. I really wish they would get James Harrison more involved.

Boswell. No blame to him on the missed xp, that was all on Jesse James. But you can't miss that fg in the 4th quarter! Indoors, no weather involved, perfect snap and hold . Could have cost the Steelers the game. Yes he split the uprights on the games final play. So credit to him for putting the miss behind him. So maybe we'll go half goat here? :lol:

Tomlin. Not for what you think. Yes the team came out flat. But obviously some decent halftime adjustments were made. (to his credit) What's pissing me off about Tomlin is how do you go this far into a season without having a freaking punt returner! :doh: Obviously AB doesn't have the heart for it anymore. He lets as many go as he fair catches, constantly costing the Steelers starting field position as one 40 yard punt after the other bounces another 10 yards after AB matadors another one! Find someone on the team or out there in free agent land that can field a punt and make a positive play occasionally!

Artie Burns. Got to quit living up to that name damnit! Gets himself lost out there at least a couple times a game and gives up huge plays. He's got solid skills and you can see him progressing, but damn when he screws up he really does it big time!

Craic
11-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Steeldude wouldn't have been allowed there if so, lol.

We poke and prod each other all the time (and have for a decade now), but come on, let's stop with the direct insults, shall we?

DesertSteel
11-14-2017, 08:01 PM
We poke and prod each other all the time (and have for a decade now), but come on, let's stop with the direct insults, shall we?
Give me a break. I was just kidding. :-/

Craic
11-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Give me a break. I was just kidding. :-/

It's hard to see the "Kidding" font, I guess.