PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger is about to become the 8th QB in NFL history to throw for 50,000 yards.

polamalubeast
11-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Ben Roethlisberger’s career has never been one with gaudy numbers some quarterbacks put up. It’s been about winning and making plays in the game’s biggest moment. But soon enough, one of those numbers will put him in an elite club.

Roethlisberger is just 1124 yards away from 50,000 in his career. It’ll make him just the 8th QB in NFL history to do so. The others make up an awfully impressive list.

Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Dan Marino
John Elway
Eli Manning

All quarterbacks who are, or will be, in the Hall of Fame (Eli, I suppose, is debatable, but he’s still likely).

Only once in his career has Roethlisberger led the league in passing, 2014 when he fell just shy of 5000 yards. This year, he’s on pace for another 4000 yard season, just the fifth of his career.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/ben-roethlisberger-verge-joining-historic-club/

Born2Steel
11-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Just 200 yards per game for the next 8 games puts him over that. With AB healthy and playing the way he's playing, that number is not any stretch.

tube517
11-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I remember when Fran Tarkenton was the standard at 47,000+ yards but it took him 18 years to do it.

vasteeler
11-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Not bad for a game manager

st33lersguy
11-08-2017, 06:01 PM
I'd like for the haters to try and argue Ben does not belong in the hall of fame, they can't.

All quarterbacks who are, or will be, in the Hall of Fame (Eli, I suppose, is debatable, but he’s still likely).

Over 50,000 yards, over 300 TD passes, 2 legendary Super Bowl wins over the Patriots, he will get in

ALLD
11-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Eli is a Hofer. He needs to retire though.

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Eli is a Hofer. He needs to retire though.

i think these past couple seasons he's actually been hurting his bid into the HOF

86WARD
11-09-2017, 08:28 AM
I'd like for the haters to try and argue Ben does not belong in the hall of fame, they can't.

Over 50,000 yards, over 300 TD passes, 2 legendary Super Bowl wins over the Patriots, he will get in

Not to mention the rookie records and other records he has broken along the way...

DesertSteel
11-09-2017, 01:52 PM
2 legendary Super Bowl wins over the Patriots
What in the world are you talking about?

Psycho Ward 86
11-09-2017, 03:06 PM
What in the world are you talking about?

you know that team we never beat?

yeah, Eli beat them when it mattered most. twice. with vastly inferior teams that had no business even making the game competitive. And he played well. Gotta give credit where its due.

zulater
11-11-2017, 09:09 AM
you know that team we never beat?

yeah, Eli beat them when it mattered most. twice. with vastly inferior teams that had no business even making the game competitive. And he played well. Gotta give credit where its due.

Based on two games you put Eli's career value better than Ben? Wow your hate for Ben really clouds your judgement to the point of ridiculousness.:wtf::crazy: By the way tell me which times the Steelers defense showed up against the Patriots anywhere near the level the Giants defense showed up in those two games? The Pats scored 14 and 17 points in those SB's. The Giants offense was not the driving force of those wins.

Reading several of your posts through this forum one gets the sense you can't wait for Ben to retire or see his Steelers tenure brought to an end by injury, trade, or release.

I get Ben isn't Brady, Brees or A-Aron but he's been pretty damn good, no actually great for the Steelers. Yeah he has warts, never been the cerebral egg head that a Peyton Manning was. But his style has been fun , exciting, and successful! He's Big Ben, with his own unique way of getting the job done. And yes he will absolutely be a Hall of Fame inductee! (much to your chagrin) Maybe he wont be a first time inductee, depends on who all the other finalists are that year, but he will get in within a few years of being eligible. Nothing he's did last year ( not sure your problem was with him last season anyway? :doh:) or he has done this year
will change that. In fact while this year hasn't been up to his normal standards, outside of the Jags game he's getting the job done. Yeah obviously his deep ball has been bereft, ( could be better in the second half, I think it will) but overall he's making enough plays that we're winning games.

Sorry but damn just your constant bitching about Ben gets under my skin. Maybe you've forgotten the qb play this team received between 83 and 2003? Probably could have won 2 or 3 more Super Bowls in those years if we had Ben in those seasons. Hell even "diminished Ben" would have at least taken one of those teams to the Promised Land. Anyway in my mind Ben has built up enough equity that he'll always have my appreciation and support. And damn if I don't think he has it within him to give us a legitimate chance again this year.

Rant over.

polamalubeast
11-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Based on two games you put Eli's ( relatively mediocre) career value better than Ben? Wow your hate for Ben really clouds your judgement to the point of ridiculousness.:wtf::crazy:

Reading several of your posts through this forum one gets the sense you can't wait for Ben to retire or see his Steelers tenure brought to an end by injury, trade, or release.

I get Ben isn't Brady, Brees or A-Aron but he's been pretty damn good, no actually great for the Steelers. Yeah he has warts, never been the cerebral egg head that a Peyton Manning was. But his style has been fun , exciting, and successful! He's Big Ben, with his own unique way of getting the job done. And yes he will absolutely be a Hall of Fame inductee! (much to your chagrin) Maybe he wont be a first time inductee, depends on who all the other finalists are that year, but he will get in within a few years of being eligible. Nothing he's did last year ( not sure your problem was with him last season anyway? :doh:) or he has done this year
will change that. In fact while this year hasn't been up to his normal standards, outside of the Jags game he's getting the job done. Yeah obviously his deep ball has been bereft, ( could be better in the second half, I think it will) but overall he's making enough plays that we're winning games.

Sorry but damn just your constant bitching about Ben gets under my skin. Maybe you've forgotten the qb play this team received between 83 and 2003? Probably could have won 2 or 3 ore Super Bowls in those years even if we had Ben in those seasons. Hell even "diminished Ben" would have at least taken one of those teams to the Promised Land. Anyway in my mind Ben has built up enough equity that he'll always have my appreciation and support. And damn if I don't think he has it within him to give us a legitimate chance again this year.

Rant over.

It's true that I'm tired of hearing about Roethlisberger's road woes since the steelers are very good on the road lately, but in this post, I think he was only talking about Eli Manning.

For Eli Manning, I have no problem if he is in the HOF, but the two super bowl victories against the Patriots were a big team effort, Eli was great in the fourth quarter and the defense only allowed 17 and 14 points in his 2 super bowl!

Psycho Ward 86
11-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Based on two games you put Eli's ( relatively mediocre) career value better than Ben? Wow your hate for Ben really clouds your judgement to the point of ridiculousness.:wtf::crazy:

Sorry but damn just your constant bitching about Ben gets under my skin. Maybe you've forgotten the qb play this team received between 83 and 2003? Probably could have won 2 or 3 ore Super Bowls in those years even if we had Ben in those seasons. Hell even "diminished Ben" would have at least taken one of those teams to the Promised Land. Anyway in my mind Ben has built up enough equity that he'll always have my appreciation and support. And damn if I don't think he has it within him to give us a legitimate chance again this year.

Rant over.

Someone noted that they have no idea what Eli's 2 legendary wins over the patriots are all about. I stated what they are.

Ben's career is far better than Eli in every facet. I do hope strategizing a defense for Ben's poor play so far doesnt consist of antics such as putting words in my mouth. Criticizing Ben's current play is not the equivalent of criticizing his career . I could easily end the post right there. When you cheer for the best franchise in professional sports, naturally your standards of excellence grow pretty high. Its those very high standards of excellence that got us 6 superbowls. The softer SOS starting this Sunday will be a much needed elixir for Ben, he'll have a fine second half. And much to your chagrin, Ben will a 1st ballot hall of famer (sorry)

zulater
11-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Someone noted that they have no idea what Eli's 2 legendary wins over the patriots are all about. I stated what they are.

Ben's career is far better than Eli in every facet. I do hope strategizing a defense for Ben's poor play so far doesnt consist of antics such as putting words in my mouth. Criticizing Ben's current play is not the equivalent of criticizing his career . I could easily end the post right there. When you cheer for the best franchise in professional sports, naturally your standards of excellence grow pretty high. Its those very high standards of excellence that got us 6 superbowls. The softer SOS starting this Sunday will be a much needed elixir for Ben, he'll have a fine second half. And much to your chagrin, Ben will a 1st ballot hall of famer (sorry)

Sorry.I misread your post. Confused myself with the thread being about Ben, but now in retrospect your answers were directed towards Eli. :doh: Again sorry.

Hawkman
11-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Sorry.I misread your post. Confused myself with the thread being about Ben, but now in retrospect your answers were directed towards Eli. :doh: Again sorry.

It's amazing how these threads go sideways sometimes.:chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

Heaven forbid we stay "on topic ".

polamalubeast
11-11-2017, 03:32 PM

pczach
11-11-2017, 05:44 PM

He's a piker.......Just a game manager that has been fortunate to have great teams around him his entire career..........Tom Brady would have reached 130 wins in 130 games!

Peyton Manning would have done it in 131 games!

Brett Favre would have done it in 132 games!

:sarcasm:

polamalubeast
11-11-2017, 05:49 PM
He's a piker.......Just a game manager that has been fortunate to have great teams around him his entire career..........Tom Brady would have reached 130 wins in 130 games!

Peyton Manning would have done it in 131 games!

Brett Favre would have done it in 132 games!

:sarcasm:

I know you're not serious, but for a QB who wins for so long and has a winning percentage over 66%, a QB needs to be great!

One of the 7 QB to have 125 wins in his career.Also top 5 in playoffs win with 13 and playoffs games with 20.

BostonBlackie
11-11-2017, 09:16 PM
I remember his rookie year, pulling out of the pocket to his right, 10 yards or so behind the line of scrimmage, standing there like an oak tree. Scary. His first 4 years or so in the league few QBs scared me more.

polamalubeast
11-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Ben will have 50,000 yards with 238 yards against the Bengals......

SteelMayhem72
11-27-2017, 05:41 PM
Ben will have 50,000 yards with 238 yards against the Bengals......You can book it...hes usually money in cincy

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
12-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Congrat Ben!

Very good second half again too!

tube517
12-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Did we trade Ben yet? Was he benched yet? Is Landry Jones the next Geno Smith???? :chuckle:

86WARD
12-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Did we trade Ben yet? Was he benched yet? Is Landry Jones the next Geno Smith???? :chuckle:

They should...he admitted he doesn’t have it.

Lady Steel
12-04-2017, 11:32 PM

:lol:

EzraTank
12-05-2017, 07:46 AM

Eli absolutely should be in the HoF. He has just as many Superbowl wins as Ben and let's face it he beat the Patriots (who were an 18-0, undefeated team once) both times to do it something Ben has never been able to do in the playoffs. Yes Eli had great defenses, but so did Ben in his two wins. The plays that Eli made in his two wins were great, against the team of the 00's as well. I was so happy when Brady was denied his 19-0 season.

I know this sounds crazy but if you had to pick between Eli or Peyton based solely on playoff performance hands down Eli was better than his brother when it mattered most.

FOOTNOTE: this is not me arguing that Eli is better than Ben, just that Eli belongs in the HoF.

EzraTank
12-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Oh and on a night overshadowed by a lot of other stuff Ben made it! Congrats 50,052 yards!

86WARD
12-05-2017, 07:15 PM
First Ballot Hall of Fame.

Lady Steel
12-06-2017, 12:16 AM
And to think it would not have happened if he was benched. :chuckle:

Congratulations, Ben! :tt02: