PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Keeping in Poor Company Among teams that have yet to score 30 points

Psycho Ward 86
11-07-2017, 04:11 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/steelers-keeping-poor-company-30-points-crowd/

Only six teams in the NFL, including the Steelers, have failed to come up with at least 30 points in any single game during the 2017 season, and Pittsburgh is the only one among them with a winning record. Only Washington among the others is even at a .500 record.

The other four teams have no more than three wins, the Chargers and Bears each hitting that low bar. Even worse are the Giants and Browns, who have just a single victory between them.

They rank 20th in the league, averaging just 20.9 points per game, which would be their lowest mark since 2011 when they averaged 20.3 points for the season. That is the only time in Roethlisberger’s career in which the Steelers averaged below 21 points per game.

vasteeler
11-07-2017, 05:32 PM
The only numbers I care about right now are 6 and 2

43Hitman
11-07-2017, 05:42 PM

My thoughts exactly. I only want one more point than our opponent. The rest is gravy.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-07-2017, 06:12 PM
The only numbers I care about right now are 6 and 2 But that isn't the Steelers red zone efficiency stats. :huh: Its 41.3% not 33.3%. You must be looking at a different statictics website than me. :sarcasm2:

st33lersguy
11-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Lot of contributing factors
-Awful playcalling
-Terrible in the redzone
-Franchise QB showing signs of decline
-Francise RB taking until the 4th game to get going
-TE production a slight hair above non-existent

It's great that the defense is performing at a high level again

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2017, 05:37 PM

What? Why is there always someone who responds to articles like this, with these types of answers?

"yeah but wins are all that matters"

"this is irrelevant next to wins"

Right. Thats implicitly implied. We know. These articles point to problems and areas for improvement among those wins and losses. Its something worthy of discussion.

Were on pace to have the lowest PPG offense in Ben's entire career. Holy shit, thats pretty bad. This team is 10th in total offense, yet 20th in PPG. Were 2nd to last in the league in red zone efficiency, what can be done to improve these numbers?

For as great as Leveon Bell is, this team has never actually ranked high in running yards per game during his career:

2017: 17th
2016: 14th
2015: 16th (Bell missed 10 games but Deangelo was lights out and played at a pro bowl level)
2014: 16th
2013: 27th

I always found that last nugget kind of interesting. This offense needs more Connor. I understand the need to "punish him" for his problems in pass protection (particularly in the jaguars and bears games) but I see nothing wrong with giving him carries straight away on fairly obvious run downs. He's been pretty great spelling Bell

vasteeler
11-08-2017, 05:45 PM
What? Why is there always someone who responds to articles like this, with these types of answers?

Right. Thats implicitly implied. We know. These articles point to problems and areas for improvement among those wins and losses. Its something worthy of discussion.

Were on pace to have the lowest PPG offense in Ben's entire career. Holy shit, thats pretty bad. This team is 10th in total offense, yet 20th in PPG. Were 2nd to last in the league in red zone efficiency, what can be done to improve these numbers?

For as great as Leveon Bell is, this team has never actually ranked high in running yards per game during his career:

2015: 16th (Bell missed 10 games but Deangelo was lights out and played at a pro bowl level)

I always found that last nugget kind of interesting. This offense needs more Connor. I understand the need to "punish him" for his problems in pass protection (particularly in the jaguars and bears games) but I see nothing wrong with giving him carries straight away on fairly obvious run downs. He's been pretty great spelling Bell

It's because I don't care about all those perceived problems. All teams have problems. Wins are all that matters to me.

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2017, 06:14 PM
It's because I don't care about all those perceived problems. All teams have problems. Wins are all that matters to me.

Which one of these do you think are perceived problems? If wins are all that matter to you, doesnt that implicate concern in matters that can/already have prevented us from winning?

vasteeler
11-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Which one of these do you think are perceived problems? If wins are all that matter to you, doesnt that implicate concern in matters that can/already have prevented us from winning?

All I'm saying is that it not important enough for ME to worry about breaking down all aspects of the game.

43Hitman
11-08-2017, 06:43 PM

I wouldn't call it punishment, I would call it a pre-requisite. It's a fact that we can't have our QB getting killed and if you're only going to put him in on obvious run downs then the opposing defense is going to pick up on that pretty quick. Which will result in crap. He needs to be better at pass pro before any more snaps in my opinion.

Psycho Ward 86
11-08-2017, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't call it punishment, I would call it a pre-requisite. It's a fact that we can't have our QB getting killed and if you're only going to put him in on obvious run downs then the opposing defense is going to pick up on that pretty quick. Which will result in crap. He needs to be better at pass pro before any more snaps in my opinion.

Conner has plenty of talent as a receiving outlet. If a team struggles to find snaps for a gifted runner with receiving skills simply because he cant block yet, theres a much bigger overlying problem with the coaching staffs inability to utilize that talent

Neversatisfied
11-08-2017, 08:43 PM
The offense begins and ends with the success of the Run game. Sorry folks but Ben isn't wowing anyone with his accuracy or TD to INT rate. Watching tape of Ben from seasons past reveals severe decline, in the past it was Ben's mobility that extended plays and allowed Recievers to get open. Ben isn't the only issue but he's the biggest issue.

zulater
11-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Needs mentioning, 6 of the Steelers 8 games have come against top 10 defenses. I think things will start coming around soon.

Mojouw
11-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Conner has plenty of talent as a receiving outlet. If a team struggles to find snaps for a gifted runner with receiving skills simply because he cant block yet, theres a much bigger overlying problem with the coaching staffs inability to utilize that talent

Why would anyone take the best overall RB in football off the field for a rookie who cant reliablely pass protect?

I know I'm jumping in late so maybe missing something. But this isn't like anyone's feeding Eddie Lacy while Conner rots on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43Hitman
11-09-2017, 02:25 AM
Why would anyone take the best overall RB in football off the field for a rookie who cant reliablely pass protect?

I know I'm jumping in late so maybe missing something. But this isn't like anyone's feeding Eddie Lacy while Conner rots on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm really not sure. I wouldn't do it. Not at the risk of getting the one guy we can't lose, killed.

teegre
11-09-2017, 06:40 AM
More points and/or less turnovers would have us sitting at 8-0.

8-0 > 6-2

Steeldude
11-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Every once in awhile it would be nice to see the Steelers get a lead and then step on the throttle.

86WARD
11-09-2017, 08:07 AM
More points and/or less turnovers would have us sitting at 8-0.

8-0 > 6-2

Like.

It’s not a problem until the Patriots are putting up 30 points in January...

Hindes204
11-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Needs mentioning, 6 of the Steelers 8 games have come against top 10 defenses. I think things will start coming around soon.

now there is something worth mentioning. I don’t know why this isn’t brought up more when people talk about the offenses inabilities

pczach
11-09-2017, 03:29 PM
now there is something worth mentioning. I don’t know why this isn’t brought up more when people talk about the offenses inabilities

Probably because the people that are always negative about the team won't be swayed by facts and they just can't seem to embrace the idea that this is an organization with a long history of success, and they should have confidence that the team generally makes very good decisions and wins an awful lot.

No matter how full the glass, it's still half empty to some.