PDA

View Full Version : Javon Hargrave causing havoc for Steelers opponents

stillers4me
11-05-2017, 08:28 AM
The Steelers got any number of big plays from different defenders during three of their goal-line stands against the Detroit Lions, everyone from Tyson Alualu and Vince Williams to Sean Davis and Mike Hilton.

But of the eight plays from inside the 6-yard line in Ford Field on Sunday night, nobody made as many big plays as Javon Hargrave, who is quickly becoming the most disruptive Steelers nose tackle since Casey Hampton.........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/11/03/javon-hargrave-steelers-goal-line-stand-lions-nfl-dwayne-washington/stories/201711030118

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-05-2017, 09:59 AM
IDK if many expected this much from him early, but he was MEAC DPOY his senior season. I watched his NFL combine field drills and you can see how amazing it was that a guy that thick and 309LBS moved like a 208 LB 3-technique player. His college tape just shows hustle too. Any guy that big, that moves that well and hustles was going to be solid addition to the team. The fact he benched 225 lbs 29 times shows he knows where the weight room is too.

Steeldude
11-05-2017, 10:14 AM
I still can't believe his stats for college

37 sacks, 63.0 tackles for loss

Mojouw
11-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Remember how mad people were that the Steelers didn’t draft Billings or Butler?

Players like Hargrave are what makes the draft so much fun.

teegre
11-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Prior to the draft, there was an article that used all kinds of scientific analysis. Basically, the article said that the only interior D-lineman to ever score/rate as as Hargrave was... Aaron Donald.

After that, I mocked Hargrave to the Steelers in R2.

The small school thing didn’t (doesn’t) scare me, because of players like Jerry Rice and Khalil Mack. If you can play... you can play. Period.

BlackAndGold
11-05-2017, 06:45 PM
He was a first round talent. I was shocked when he fell to round 3 when I thought we'd be lucky to land him in the 2nd round.

DesertSteel
11-05-2017, 07:42 PM
He was a first round talent. I was shocked when he fell to round 3 when I thought we'd be lucky to land him in the 2nd round.
It was definitely the small school label. How great for us. One more year and the media will start to notice him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-06-2017, 12:10 AM

IDK if he was first round talent. The NT is devalued quite a bit in the current NFL and he was a short armed, one gap defensive lineman that at times didn't hold well at the point of attack. He doesn't fit the profile of the ideal 4-3 DT, yet didn't play 2 gaps like a 3-4 NT. I think coach Mitchell was a great fit for Hargrave.