PDA

View Full Version : Carnell Lake Says Joe Haden Capable Of Taking Away Half The Field

polamalubeast
11-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Consider Carnell Lake a happy man. Over the last two years, the Pittsburgh Steelers have been hell-on-wheels in adding to their secondary. Drafting Artie Burns and Sean Davis. Trading for J.J. Wilcox. And signing Joe Haden, who might have been the biggest short-term impact of them all. In a rare moment speaking with the media, Lake was pleased with Haden’s performance.

“He’s a stabilizing factor,” Lake told reporters via Steelers.com. “He’s experienced. For awhile, teams weren’t throwing his way, really. Just the fact that he can take away a side is crucial.”

Though Haden’s Week One performance was a bit rocky, a byproduct of coming to the team right before the season began, he’s settled in. A learning curve reduced because of the time he spent in Cleveland.

“He picks things up very quickly,” Lake said. “He has some experience with our defensive scheme because of former coaches he had in Cleveland who had Steelers experience, too.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/carnell-lake-says-joe-haden-capable-taking-away-half-field/

steelcityboyz
11-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Consider Carnell Lake a happy man. Over the last two years, the Pittsburgh Steelers have been hell-on-wheels in adding to their secondary. Drafting Artie Burns and Sean Davis. Trading for J.J. Wilcox. And signing Joe Haden, who might have been the biggest short-term impact of them all. In a rare moment speaking with the media, Lake was pleased with Haden’s performance.

“He’s a stabilizing factor,” Lake told reporters via Steelers.com. “He’s experienced. For awhile, teams weren’t throwing his way, really. Just the fact that he can take away a side is crucial.”

Though Haden’s Week One performance was a bit rocky, a byproduct of coming to the team right before the season began, he’s settled in. A learning curve reduced because of the time he spent in Cleveland.

“He picks things up very quickly,” Lake said. “He has some experience with our defensive scheme because of former coaches he had in Cleveland who had Steelers experience, too.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/carnell-lake-says-joe-haden-capable-taking-away-half-field/Consider me a happy man.. The Steelers might have made the best move since the James Farrier signing. What an asset he's turned out to be for the secondary and the youngsters playing in it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Haden has played really well. He battles, but uses that same all pro technique he has to shadow receivers, but at times they just get open and make catches. He isn't the lockdown guy he was early in his career, but IMO he isn't far off. He does tend to try and jump some routes, so I think QB's scout that and exploit that a bit. Stafford found the hole in the zone between Haden and the Safety a couple times and that is just good play design and a good QB with a strong arm. Adjustments will have to be made, or other good QB's will start to repeat that in upcoming games.

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Haden has played really well. He battles, but uses that same all pro technique he has to shadow receivers, but at times they just get open and make catches. He isn't the lockdown guy he was early in his career, but IMO he isn't far off. He does tend to try and jump some routes, so I think QB's scout that and exploit that a bit. Stafford found the hole in the zone between Haden and the Safety a couple times and that is just good play design and a good QB with a strong arm. Adjustments will have to be made, or other good QB's will start to repeat that in upcoming games.

those werent Haden's fault. Steelers Depot will probably have at least a little something to show this. Haden had a lot of plays where he passed off receivers leaving his zone to Mitchell in an adjacent zone. And Mitchell as per usual was late. Real late.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2017, 12:36 AM
those werent Haden's fault. Steelers Depot will probably have at least a little something to show this. Haden had a lot of plays where he passed off receivers leaving his zone to Mitchell in an adjacent zone. And Mitchell as per usual was late. Real late.

...and honestly I don't think you can blame Mitchell on some of them either. Strong arm QB completes passes over the CB who has underneath coverage and 1 yard from the boundary. Tough for any safety, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu to get to the edge of the boundary in that time.

and I have rarely been a Mitchell fan, but Stafford was putting the ball exactly where it had to be on those throws. I credit him for using the shoulder fake to move Burns to the out and open up his window a bit more. Good QB play has to be recognized at times.

Craic
11-03-2017, 01:36 AM
...and honestly I don't think you can blame Mitchell on some of them either. Strong arm QB completes passes over the CB who has underneath coverage and 1 yard from the boundary. Tough for any safety, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu to get to the edge of the boundary in that time.

and I have rarely been a Mitchell fan, but Stafford was putting the ball exactly where it had to be on those throws. I credit him for using the shoulder fake to move Burns to the out and open up his window a bit more. Good QB play has to be recognized at times.

This.

Moreover, what I took from the game was that we faced a team that literally did almost everything right, and we still won. That says a whole lot about this team.

teegre
11-03-2017, 06:24 AM
This.

Moreover, what I took from the game was that we faced a team that literally did almost everything right, and we still won. That says a whole lot about this team.

And, it bears iteration: Watt & Shazier almost combined for 5 INTs.

Holding the Lions to 15 points is pretty darn good, but if a few of those INTs has come to fruition, the Steelers would have given up only 9 points (maybe even only 6 points) to an opposing team that seemingly did everything else correctly.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2017, 09:27 AM
This.

I agree with this but generally there will be 2 responses from Steeler fans on that:

1. We faced a team that had a terrible offense who could not score TD's in the red zone
2. We faced a potent offense, but the Steelers Defense stuffed them in the Red Zone.

So I wonder if the Lions message boards are destroying their OC for bad red zone playcalling or crediting the Steelers for being a good red zone defense?

86WARD
11-03-2017, 10:00 AM

That’s exactly what good QBs can do and that’s why Stafford has a field day picking those open holes apart.

tube517
11-03-2017, 11:50 AM
I agree with this but generally there will be 2 responses from Steeler fans on that:

1. We faced a team that had a terrible offense who could not score TD's in the red zone
2. We faced a potent offense, but the Steelers Defense stuffed them in the Red Zone.

So I wonder if the Lions message boards are destroying their OC for bad red zone playcalling or crediting the Steelers for being a good red zone defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cw7BUpCIEY :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2017, 04:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cw7BUpCIEY :chuckle:

:rofl: nice pull, but this was from 10 month ago. :stirthepot:

tube517
11-03-2017, 05:49 PM
:rofl: nice pull, but this was from 10 month ago. :stirthepot:

:chuckle:

polamalubeast
11-11-2017, 12:10 PM

Mojouw
11-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Lattimore has been insanely good.

https://goo.gl/images/HkP8Tq

polamalubeast
11-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Lattimore has been insanely good.

https://goo.gl/images/HkP8Tq

The saints defense is completely different now and he is a big reason why!