PDA

View Full Version : Long ESPN Article - Ben Roethlisberger, hiding in plain sight

AtlantaDan
11-01-2017, 09:20 AM
ESPN is running a series of articles on "QBs At A Crossroads" - link below to a long article on Ben

Ben Roethlisberger, hiding in plain sight

And isn't that the rub of this 14-year journey? We don't know. The quarterback who has juked and shimmied and scrambled his way to a Hall of Fame-worthy NFL career is not just hard to catch on the field.

We are never quite sure what it is Ben Roethlisberger is actually, truly saying....

He remains unapologetic when it comes to his uncertain future."I definitely am contemplating and will continue to do that," he says....

"I don't know," he says. "It may be something where I know it's my last season and I can say, 'This is it. This is my last game and I'm done.'

"I just don't know yet."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21240450/pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-hiding-plain-sight

If the Steelers win it all this season it looks to me that Ben will decide he wants to go out like Bettis did and retire

DesertSteel
11-01-2017, 10:36 AM
If the Steelers win it all this season it looks to me that Ben will decide he wants to go out like Bettis did and retire
I'd be cool with that. I think Dobbs might be the guy. Dobbs is certainly the model of where the position is trending. Either way, I want #7.

tube517
11-01-2017, 10:45 AM
No Heath> He was Ben's rock on and off the field.

Colon and Keisel were also his buddies.

All gone now. Now Ben has his own man cave in the locker room.

AtlantaDan
11-01-2017, 11:26 AM
No Heath> He was Ben's rock on and off the field.

Colon and Keisel were also his buddies.

All gone now. Now Ben has his own man cave in the locker room.

Although the $$$$ involved are magnitudes greater, it is like being the older co-worker in any workplace as you approach retirement and your long time co-workers who were also friends (I do not think Ben misses Hines :chuckle: ) are already gone