PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want starting for us at Fullback/H-back on Day 1?

Psycho Ward 86
06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Who and why?

Frank, you were my darkhorse pick of '09, don't let me down baby :tt02:

Remember, he was in the starting lineup on Week 1 before going on IR, and Mendenhall says he'd love a fullback and thinks he's really getting comfortable this year. We haven't seen much of anything good out of him, but if he started in front of David Johnson, who's done well for us last year, then i like the potential that he could bring to the team.

solardave
06-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Who and why?

Frank, you were my darkhorse pick of '09, don't let me down baby :tt02:

Remember, he was in the starting lineup on Week 1 before going on IR, and Mendenhall says he'd love a fullback and thinks he's really getting comfortable this year. We haven't seen much of anything good out of him, but if he started in front of David Johnson, who's done well for us last year, then i like the potential that he could bring to the team.

I'm with you, I want to see DA TANK pancake Ray Lewis when we play them. Just like Kreider did when he was here.:rofl2:

polamalubeast
06-02-2010, 06:16 AM
casey hampton:rofl2:

SteelMember
06-02-2010, 08:14 AM
I went with David Johnson. I think he may have the inside track.

Arkiesteel
06-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I went with David Johnson we went to the same college

KyleJDavison
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I voted Frank "the Tank" Summers. I would love to see him in the starting line up as a FB again. I want to see more from him and hopefully he pans out well for us as a short yardage back as well. That's what he was initially brought infor in the first place after all.

oneforthetoe
06-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Tom Brady likes to watch gladiator movies, while dressed as a gladiator.

I also voted for David Johnson.

Steely McSmash
06-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I voted for Taylor. Would love to have the FO find a dominant UDFA who can bring a whallop. The guy is huge! I'm assuming that he's a FB not an H-back (maybe can be an emergency TE).

SteelGhost
06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
I voted McHugh I liked what I saw before he injured. This H/FB battle will be very interesting, as the WR battle will be too.

BuddhaBus
06-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I voted Tank. He has another year under his belt and will (hopefully) not be as lost out there as he was last year.

deweybeachde
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
I voted for Tank.
Rookies, especially practice squad rookies, either learn the playbook and contribute in Year 2 or they are gone.
Kirby obviously liked him enough to draft him and hopefully has him ready to go this year.
Johnson seemed to have the most power last year and did great as a rookie. he would be my 2nd choice
My 3rd pick would be Dwyer. He may be the best we have or he may not.
As a rookie, and a rookie who came from an unusual offense, it may take him a little time to learn and digest our playbook.

Hindes204
06-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Like almost everyone else, I went with tank...I was a fan even before he was drafted, so I can't lose faith just yet. I think he would be great in the FB role

SteelerSal
06-02-2010, 02:57 PM
If Taylor has good stamina and also shows that he can play the position well, I'd like to see his big body back there acting like another o-lineman. I loved when Legursky came in as FB at the goaline for I believe one play (that worked)......thats probably why we never saw that again all season.....because it worked.
Johnson needs to replace Spaeth as the blocking TE, since Spaeth has proven useless since he's been here.

Psycho Ward 86
06-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Rookies, especially practice squad rookies, either learn the playbook and contribute in Year 2 or they are gone.

It feels like Justin Vincent has been here for the entire decade :rolleyes:

Chidi29
06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I went with Johnson. Blocking improved over the course of the season. McHugh has a shot too; his knee injury that landed him on IR wasn't very serious.

Frank's blocking looked awful last year. Just awful. Granted, he's a rookie, but he wasn't even a blocker in college. He ran more than he blocked at UNLV. We tried to make him into something he isn't. Unless he's magically turned around, he isn't going to make the 53.

Chidi29
06-02-2010, 06:08 PM
It feels like Justin Vincent has been here for the entire decade :rolleyes:

Ditto with Walter Young.

KeiselPower99
06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
I liked watching Legursky be the goal line FB last year but I know itll be either Summers or McHugh. Id like to see them bring in another guy who is a pure FB and let him play.