PDA

View Full Version : JuJu Smith-Schuster sparks memories of Franco Harris

stillers4me
10-30-2017, 03:58 PM
No Steelers rookie may ever recapture the excitement, joy and fan delirium that swarmed around Franco Harris in 1972.

Yet JuJu Smith-Schuster is trying.

There have been a handful of Steelers rookies who were regarded as rare performers with personalities that infected fans and teammates, starting with Harris. Add Louis Lipps in 1984 with his electrifying receiving, punt returns, 11 touchdowns and the “Loooooo” chant at Three Rivers Stadium. Kordell Stewart captivated teammates and fans with his Slash role at receiver and quarterback, his No. 10 jersey becoming a top seller as he aided the Steelers’ Super Bowl run as a rookie in 1995.

No rookie quarterback ever did what Ben Roethlisberger accomplished as he went 13-0 as a starter in his rookie season in 2004.

And now there is JuJu, the darling of Steelers fans everywhere who would love to buy him a drink, except he’s not yet old enough........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/30/steelrs-juju-smith-schuster-bike-stolen-97-yard-touchdown-detroit-lions/stories/201710300154

ALLD
10-30-2017, 04:10 PM
He is becoming clutch like Santonio Holmes.

FrancoLambert
10-31-2017, 05:36 AM
So, what are we talking about.....JuJu's Italian Army? :salute:

tube517
10-31-2017, 05:48 AM
So, what are we talking about.....JuJu's Italian Army? :salute:

Juju's Bike Brigade

stillers4me
10-31-2017, 05:48 AM
He's a breath of fresh air. No drama...just pure fun and love of the game. His parents must be some good people, because they have raised a gem of a son.

pczach
10-31-2017, 06:03 AM
He's a breath of fresh air. No drama...just pure fun and love of the game. His parents must be some good people, because they have raised a gem of a son.

Nothing that money and entitlement can't change. :wink02:

polamalubeast
10-31-2017, 07:55 AM
This kid will be a special player for the steelers!

AtlantaDan
10-31-2017, 11:01 AM
Another JuJu story in the P-G today

To his mother, Sammy Schuster, the shoes and the whole stolen-bike saga, which circulated far and wide on social media last week, showed her son’s sense of humor....

Smith-Schuster said he learned from his parents how to make the best of any situation, even after they lost their jobs — Sammy worked at a hotel, and Lawrence Schuster, Smith-Schuster’s stepfather, drove an oil tanker to airports in Southern California — and lost their home. The family of nine moved into the garage of Smith-Schuster’s grandmother’s home.

They lived there for eight years, until Smith-Schuster’s third and final year at Southern California. “When in doubt, that was the house to go to,” he said, with 20 to 25 people there at once. Smith-Schuster left the bunk beds along the garage wall for his younger siblings. He slept on the concrete floor, with one blanket folded underneath him and another over top....

Smith-Schuster was 4 when Sammy met Lawrence Schuster, whom she married two years later. Not long after, Sammy said, Smith-Schuster asked if he could change his last name. His biological father refused, according to Sammy, so she told the boy he’d have to wait until he was 18. She figured he’d forget. But on his 18th birthday, Smith-Schuster texted his mother.

“Let’s start the process,” he wrote.
“What process?” she asked.

“Changing my last name.”

It wasn’t a decision Smith-Schuster took lightly, he said, but it wasn’t a particularly difficult one either. Lawrence was a father figure in a way his biological father, Lee Smith, was not. “For him to step into my life and take on me and my older sister,” Smith-Schuster said, “that meant a lot.” So when he started his sophomore season at USC, he was JuJu Smith-Schuster.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/31/JuJu-Smith-Schuster-is-more-than-bicycles/stories/201710310096

43Hitman
10-31-2017, 03:11 PM
Another JuJu story in the P-G today

To his mother, Sammy Schuster, the shoes and the whole stolen-bike saga, which circulated far and wide on social media last week, showed her son’s sense of humor....

Smith-Schuster said he learned from his parents how to make the best of any situation, even after they lost their jobs — Sammy worked at a hotel, and Lawrence Schuster, Smith-Schuster’s stepfather, drove an oil tanker to airports in Southern California — and lost their home. The family of nine moved into the garage of Smith-Schuster’s grandmother’s home.

They lived there for eight years, until Smith-Schuster’s third and final year at Southern California. “When in doubt, that was the house to go to,” he said, with 20 to 25 people there at once. Smith-Schuster left the bunk beds along the garage wall for his younger siblings. He slept on the concrete floor, with one blanket folded underneath him and another over top....

Smith-Schuster was 4 when Sammy met Lawrence Schuster, whom she married two years later. Not long after, Sammy said, Smith-Schuster asked if he could change his last name. His biological father refused, according to Sammy, so she told the boy he’d have to wait until he was 18. She figured he’d forget. But on his 18th birthday, Smith-Schuster texted his mother.

“Let’s start the process,” he wrote.
“What process?” she asked.

“Changing my last name.”

It wasn’t a decision Smith-Schuster took lightly, he said, but it wasn’t a particularly difficult one either. Lawrence was a father figure in a way his biological father, Lee Smith, was not. “For him to step into my life and take on me and my older sister,” Smith-Schuster said, “that meant a lot.” So when he started his sophomore season at USC, he was JuJu Smith-Schuster.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/31/JuJu-Smith-Schuster-is-more-than-bicycles/stories/201710310096

The more I hear about this young man the more I like him. He sounds well grounded, here's to hoping fame and fortune don't go to his head.

AtlantaDan
10-31-2017, 06:49 PM
The more I hear about this young man the more I like him. He sounds well grounded, here's to hoping fame and fortune don't go to his head.

What that article brought home to me was how much I take for granted as to how someone else lives based upon my experiences - me asking why JuJu would not get a driver's license at 16 is based on my assumption of course you would have a vehicle to drive

teegre
11-01-2017, 06:28 AM
This pick just keeps looking better and better...