PDA

View Full Version : Best Steelers players after 8 Games?

polamalubeast
10-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Who was the best player of the steelers after 8 games?

Shoes
10-30-2017, 03:44 PM
D- Heyward, Gravedigger, Shazier, Hilton

O-Brown, DeCastro, Pouncey, Bell, JuJu

Mojouw
10-30-2017, 04:01 PM
I guess if I have to pick one on each side of the ball it is Shazier and Bell. If those two have good games, the Steelers usually win.

I get more choices, gotta go with Shoes' list.

Random note: watch Wille Gay as much as you can next game. After and during every play he is on the field he is communicating with everyone. After most defensive series that the camera shows the sidelines, he is doing the same with the secondary players. Kinda wish Harrison did this with the OLBs.

Steelermania
10-30-2017, 04:11 PM
I guess if I have to pick one on each side of the ball it is Shazier and Bell. If those two have good games, the Steelers usually win.

I get more choices, gotta go with Shoes' list.

Random note: watch Wille Gay as much as you can next game. After and during every play he is on the field he is communicating with everyone. After most defensive series that the camera shows the sidelines, he is doing the same with the secondary players. Kinda wish Harrison did this with the OLBs.

Gay will likely go into coaching when he's done. He's gotten the most out of limited ability, which tends to be true of most coaching types.

86WARD
10-30-2017, 04:18 PM
D- Heyward, Gravedigger, Shazier, Watt

O-Brown, DeCastro, Pouncey, Bell, JuJu

Made some minor adjustments to Shoes list. Bold are the MVPs of each unit.

DesertSteel
10-30-2017, 09:19 PM
O - Brown.
D - Heyward

st33lersguy
10-30-2017, 10:10 PM
Best player: AB

Other great players this year: Cam, Gravedigger, Shaz, Mike Hilton, TJ

Born2Steel
10-30-2017, 11:01 PM
I'll go with James Harrison on defense, and DHB on offense.

pczach
10-31-2017, 05:58 AM
I'll go with James Harrison on defense, and DHB on offense.

Is this a list of the Steelers fans best, most sentimental with a side of angst, and serially underused players? :chuckle:

teegre
10-31-2017, 06:36 AM
AB has not had any bad games; he’s always money.

Bell started off slowly, but when he’s on, we win. Period.

So, it’s a tie between them.

Heyward has been amazing. Tuitt ramped up his game, and Heyward responded by getting even better. Wow!!! And, when it’s all said & done, Hargrave will be right there with them vying for the title of “best D-lineman”. Holy crap!!!... this D-line is gonna be GREAT!!!!!

tube517
10-31-2017, 07:48 AM
AB has not had any bad games; he’s always money.

Bell started off slowly, but when he’s on, we win. Period.

So, it’s a tie between them.

Heyward has been amazing. Tuitt ramped up his game, and Heyward responded by getting even better. Wow!!! And, when it’s all said & done, Hargrave will be right there with them vying for the title of “best D-lineman”. Holy crap!!!... this D-line is gonna be GREAT!!!!!

Mojouw
10-31-2017, 08:59 AM

A great image and a great reminder that Stafford had an impressive game last night. He got that ball out in like 2 seconds and change. Did it all night. Hard to sack a guy who doesn't have the ball anymore!

AtlantaDan
10-31-2017, 09:09 AM
A great image and a great reminder that Stafford had an impressive game last night. He got that ball out in like 2 seconds and change. Did it all night. Hard to sack a guy who doesn't have the ball anymore!

Stafford has been a great passing talent since he was losing big games at UGA in college. The great talent and losing has carried over to the pros.

In terms of best after 8 weeks

Offense - AB, Bell, DeCastro

Defense - Heyward, Shazier, with honorable mention to Hargrave

Most disappointing

Offense - Ben

Defense - Dupree (I thought he would make the leap to Pro Bowl status in 2017)

EzraTank
10-31-2017, 09:47 AM

Yep. Most QB's eat the sack there or start running.

polamalubeast
11-28-2017, 06:39 AM
After 11 games, it's Antonio Brown and Cam Heyward ... Our 2 most consistent players this year.