PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Schedule Predictions ...

EzraTank
10-30-2017, 03:29 PM
Let's predict the second half. In a perfect world we go 8-0 but we all know the Steelers love to shit the bed at least once if not twice during the year against teams they should beat.

Looking at our remaining schedule we really only play one elite team, the Pats (GB comes off that list without Rodgers).

My Predictions::poker:

Nov 12 @ Colts [WIN]
Nov 16 vs Titans [WIN]
Nov 26 vs Packers [WIN]
Dec 04 @ Bengals [WIN]
Dec 10 vs Ravens [WIN]
Dec 17 vs Patriots [LOSS]
Dec 25 @ Texans [LOSS]
Dec 31 vs Browns [WIN]

I see them going the same at the first half and going 6-2 but an extra loss to one of the Titans, or Ravens, or Bengals and 5-3 second half wouldn't surprise me.

If this teams wants to win again they are going to have to face the Brady monster and win. It's that simple. Even getting the AFC Championship (assuming that get that far) at Heniz Field guarantees nothing against Brady/Belechick.

Five home games and three road games ... what do people have them doing?

Shoes
10-30-2017, 03:30 PM
We better not lose to the Cheats! I expect them to win every game, but I feel that way every season. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
10-30-2017, 03:34 PM
I predicted before the season minimum 12 wins and I stay with my predictions especially since in the last few years, the steelers have always been at their best in the second half of the season.

Born2Steel
10-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Why do this again? Try to enjoy being 6-2 with the #1 seed for just a week. We're sitting on top of the AFC. All we need to do is go 1-0 each week from here on.

86WARD
10-30-2017, 04:45 PM
To get to the Super Bowl they will most likely have to beat the Patriots twice...can they?

Mojouw
10-30-2017, 04:48 PM
The games against the Texans and the Patriots will show what this team is really made of.

polamalubeast
10-30-2017, 04:52 PM
To get to the Super Bowl they will most likely have to beat the Patriots twice...can they?

Some teams did that in the last few year, being 2-0 in one year against the pats (2011 giants, 2012 ravens and 2015 broncos)

But the focus right now must be on the Colts ...

- - - Updated - - -

The games against the Texans and the Patriots will show what this team is really made of.

especially on defense ...

Shoes
10-30-2017, 05:34 PM

Yes they can. They beat the Rats 3 times in one season when many didn't think it would happen.

Craic
10-30-2017, 05:50 PM

Naa, they only have to beat them once . . . in the playoffs. I know, I know, Ben, on the road. Patriots at home in January. Blah blah blah. I don't accept it. Any team is beatable. If we get keep playing like we are, then either our offense or defense hits its stride, there's no reason we can't ride through the playoffs.

Psycho Ward 86
10-30-2017, 06:25 PM
I have us losing to the Patriots and some dumb game like against the Bengals. Originally I had us losing against the Texans as well but theyve lost JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus since then and I feel slightly better about it. Very random hunch that we might be one of the few teams that sort of make him look like a rookie.

teegre
10-30-2017, 07:47 PM
From this point forward... 11-0.

EzraTank
10-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Why do this again? Try to enjoy being 6-2 with the #1 seed for just a week. We're sitting on top of the AFC. All we need to do is go 1-0 each week from here on.

Because it's Tuesday leading into a BYE week. Why read the thread?

Born2Steel
10-31-2017, 10:01 AM
Because it's Tuesday leading into a BYE week. Why read the thread?

I don't really care about the thread if it's something that REALLY needs to be rehashed for a 3rd time this season. More power to you.

Moose
10-31-2017, 11:55 AM
This team is just too damn hard to figure what team they can beat and which one's that will kick their ass. I see them losing at least 2 games, no way in hell I'm picking which ones, probably something asinine like Colts and bungholes.

st33lersguy
10-31-2017, 02:20 PM
Game 9 @ Colts: Big Ben and AB have owned this team like slaves the last few years but with Ben regressing I envision less success. The Steelers will again play down to a bad team and barely eek out a win for their first 7-2 start since 2007. Steelers win 20-17

Game 10 vs Titans: In a perfect world, the Steelers enter the New England game 11-2 on an 8 game winning streak, but in reality they probably drop a weird one. I think this is the one they drop as the power of the Titans running game overruns the speed of the Steelers defense. Titans outman Pittsburgh physically, and Steelers lose 24-18. 7-3

Game 11 vs Packers: Brett Hundley and a mediocre Packers supporting cast on SNF. I think Pittsburgh wins and rather easily too 33-14. 8-3

Game 12 @ Bengals: At Cincinnati, playing the Bengals on primetime. Bengirls choke in this game like they always do. Steelers win 17-14 9-3

Game 13 vs Ravens: I know I should be wary of Baltimore playing above themselves to try and avoid the sweep but I like Pittsburgh's chances against Flacco and the anemic Ravens offense. Steelers win 23-10 10-3

Game 14 vs Patriots: Earth to Keith Butler, your zone defense, soft cushions, and 3-man rushes don't work against the Patriots
Butler: "Ummm, What? What? Sorry, can't hear you, don't know what you're saying can't hear you!" Steelers lose 35-20 10-4

Game 15 @ Texans: Houston will be at home probably fighting for the division and a playoff spot. Watson has been dynamtie and Road Ben doesn't take advantage of the absence of Watt and Mercilus. Steelers lose 27-16 10-5

Game 16 vs Browns: The Browns may play above their heads to try and beat the Steelers, but in Pittsburgh it will be hard to see them hanging around. Steelers win 23-7 finish the year 11-5

Psycho Ward 86
10-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Game 9 @ Colts: Big Ben and AB have owned this team like slaves the last few years but with Ben regressing I envision less success. The Steelers will again play down to a bad team and barely eek out a win for their first 7-2 start since 2007. Steelers win 20-17

Game 10 vs Titans: In a perfect world, the Steelers enter the New England game 11-2 on an 8 game winning streak, but in reality they probably drop a weird one. I think this is the one they drop as the power of the Titans running game overruns the speed of the Steelers defense. Titans outman Pittsburgh physically, and Steelers lose 24-18. 7-3

Game 11 vs Packers: Brett Hundley and a mediocre Packers supporting cast on SNF. I think Pittsburgh wins and rather easily too 33-14. 8-3

Game 12 @ Bengals: At Cincinnati, playing the Bengals on primetime. Bengirls choke in this game like they always do. Steelers win 17-14 9-3

Game 13 vs Ravens: I know I should be wary of Baltimore playing above themselves to try and avoid the sweep but I like Pittsburgh's chances against Flacco and the anemic Ravens offense. Steelers win 23-10 10-3

Game 14 vs Patriots: Earth to Keith Butler, your zone defense, soft cushions, and 3-man rushes don't work against the Patriots
Butler: "Ummm, What? What? Sorry, can't hear you, don't know what you're saying can't hear you!" Steelers lose 35-20 10-4

Game 15 @ Texans: Houston will be at home probably fighting for the division and a playoff spot. Watson has been dynamtie and Road Ben doesn't take advantage of the absence of Watt and Mercilus. Steelers lose 27-16 10-5

Game 16 vs Browns: The Browns may play above their heads to try and beat the Steelers, but in Pittsburgh it will be hard to see them hanging around. Steelers win 23-7 finish the year 11-5

if we really end up scoring over 30 points just once this season it'll be the greatest feat of underachievement by a team in ages

Edman
10-31-2017, 04:52 PM
One thing is certain. They will lose the game to New England. I have absolutely no faith in Keith Butler that he will have a defensive gameplan ready to beat them, even with Haden and Burns in the secondary, the Steelers stick to cushions and do not challenge Brady and the Patriots receivers. Gronk gets open over and over again.

Keith Butler learned absolutely nothing and trots out the same old Zone Defense, Brady has another magnificent performance and picks it apart (again) and the Steelers lose 34-16.

Born2Steel
10-31-2017, 04:54 PM
One thing is certain. They will lose the game to New England. I have absolutely no faith in Keith Butler that he will have a defensive gameplan ready to beat them, even with Haden and Burns in the secondary, the Steelers play scared as fuck on Defense and do not challenge the Patriots receivers.

Keith Butler learned absolutely nothing and trots out the same old Zone Defense, Brady picks it apart (again) and the Steelers lose 34-16.

If ANYTHING is 'certain', it's not that.

Count Steeler
11-01-2017, 06:36 AM
One thing is certain. They will lose the game to New England. I have absolutely no faith in Keith Butler that he will have a defensive gameplan ready to beat them, even with Haden and Burns in the secondary, the Steelers stick to cushions and do not challenge Brady and the Patriots receivers. Gronk gets open over and over again.

Keith Butler learned absolutely nothing and trots out the same old Zone Defense, Brady has another magnificent performance and picks it apart (again) and the Steelers lose 34-16.

They are going to sucker punch the Pats*. Let them win and get over confident. They won't show anything that Cheat can analyze on film. Then when we play in Foxboro, the real Steelers gonna play.

teegre
11-01-2017, 06:42 AM
The Steelers are going to beat the Taperiots TWICE this season.

After the first time, the Taperiots (and everyone else) will think “no one can beat the Tapes twice in one season.” But, our talent is simply better. :nod:

DesertSteel
11-01-2017, 10:41 AM
We'll go 6-2 but no way do we lose to the Patriots. Not gonna happen.

86WARD
11-01-2017, 12:07 PM

After the first time, the Taperiots (and everyone else) will think “no one can beat the Tapes twice in one season.” But, our talent is simply better. :nod:

Talent is much better. Coaching is not. I think they can beat them twice at home...but it’s not an easy feat and I’d rather see them win in December and then see someone else knock the Pats off later...lol.

If they field that scheme that they did with the Lions, Brady will just pick them apart as usual.

st33lersguy
11-01-2017, 05:31 PM

Talent maybe better but the problem that will put the Steelers at a disadvantage is the 2 coordinators Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne. Our DC will still refuse to acknowledge that the zone D doesn't work against the Pats and the OC will bog down the offense with asenine playcalls and refuse to take advantage of the weaknesses on the Pats defense

teegre
11-02-2017, 06:30 AM
Talent is much better. Coaching is not. I think they can beat them twice at home...but it’s not an easy feat and I’d rather see them win in December and then see someone else knock the Pats off later...lol.

If they field that scheme that they did with the Lions, Brady will just pick them apart as usual.

The Steelers now have the CBs to play the proper kind of defense against the Taperiots.

Plus, Watt.

And, possibly most importantly, Hargrave provides pressure up the middle... which is absolutely Brady’s Achilles heel.

- - - Updated - - -

Talent maybe better but the problem that will put the Steelers at a disadvantage is the 2 coordinators Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne. Our DC will still refuse to acknowledge that the zone D doesn't work against the Pats and the OC will bog down the offense with asenine playcalls and refuse to take advantage of the weaknesses on the Pats defense

See above.

Plus, Bell and JuJu (and Bryant) are a lot better than D-Will and Hamilton (and Coates).

86WARD
11-02-2017, 10:44 AM
The Lions put a nice recipe out there on how to defeat the 2017 Steelers Defense...not that the Patriots would need it but it’s out there. I’m not confident the coordinators will get the job done that needs to be done...

teegre
11-02-2017, 02:13 PM
The Lions put a nice recipe out there on how to defeat the 2017 Steelers Defense...not that the Patriots would need it but it’s out there. I’m not confident the coordinators will get the job done that needs to be done...

1) There are always going to be holes in a defense. The Lions found it in ours... but, only a few QBs have the arm-strength to make the throws necessary to do what Stanford did.

2) The Steelers are a "bend but don't break" defense. Holding to teams to FGs is fine with me. It's how Belichick has organized his defense for over a decade.

3) Watt was inches away form three INTs. Shazier almost had two, as well. When Brady is pressured up the middle (Hargrave), he throws bad passes (see: Texans playoff game from last season).

EzraTank
11-02-2017, 02:14 PM

Totally agree, now let's see how good our coaches really are. Because there's no way we will get that lucky and hold other teams out of the end zone like we did against the Lions.

But as Teegre said above, if Hargrove can get a huge push up the middle on Brady things could be different. Brady just panics and fails when his pocket is pushed like that.

DesertSteel
11-02-2017, 03:37 PM
If we can continue to stay healthy what I'm seeing is that the Patriots are continuing to fall apart with injuries. By the end of the year I like those trends.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-02-2017, 04:45 PM
If we can continue to stay healthy what I'm seeing is that the Patriots are continuing to fall apart with injuries. By the end of the year I like those trends. Add in the Texans very weak now cause of the injury bug. Lost Watt for the Season and now Watson probably tore a ACL and out for the year.

polamalubeast
11-02-2017, 04:48 PM

Fire Butler if this is the case....

86WARD
11-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Add in the Texans very weak now cause of the injury bug. Lost Watt for the Season and now Watson probably tore a ACL and out for the year.

Watt Mercilus and now Watson...that’s rough.

The way things are lining up,for the Steelers, if they can stay healthy and get some sissues straightened out, they have a golden opportunity in front of them...

43Hitman
11-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Watt Mercilus and now Watson...that’s rough.

The way things are lining up,for the Steelers, if they can stay healthy and get some sissues straightened out, they have a golden opportunity in front of them...
The stars definitely seem to be lining up.

teegre
11-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Along those same lines, what other team could actually get BETTER???

The Steelers are already doing very well... and, if Bryant re-emerges, the Steelers could actually get better.

AtlantaDan
11-03-2017, 06:34 AM
ESPN published an article on November 1 before the Watson injury on preseason over/under win totals and currently projected end of regular season records

Using our Football Power Index (FPI) (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Football-Power-Index/espn-nfl-football-power-index), we can evaluate each team's chances of hitting the over on its preseason total. ...

Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers) (10.5 wins)

Current record: 6-2
This week: Bye
Chance to hit over: 85 percent

FPI now projects an average of 11.8 wins for the Steelers, so anyone with an over ticket ought to feel pretty good right now.

I do not know where the two losses to end up 12-4 come from under that model since the FPI index projects the Steelers being favored at Heinz over the Pats in December

New England Patriots (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots) (12.5 wins)

Current record: 6-2
This week: Bye
Chance to hit over: 3.2 percent

They are only underdogs for one remaining contest (at Steelers), but are favored by less than a field goal in three others (at Broncos, vs. Raiders and at Bills).

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/21239485/which-nfl-teams-hit-their-2017-preseason-vegas-win-totals

I project the Steelers 12-4 with another frustrating loss as a road favorite at Cincy or Houston (a Christmas afternoon game that the Steelers are pissed off about having to play on that date for the second straight year) and the annual Pats loss

tube517
11-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Along those same lines, what other team could actually get BETTER???

The Steelers are already doing very well... and, if Bryant re-emerges, the Steelers could actually get better.

Hopefully Tuitt and Gilbert are healthy for the stretch run. They could get better w/those 2 back in the lineup

teegre
11-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Hopefully Tuitt and Gilbert are healthy for the stretch run. They could get better w/those 2 back in the lineup

Indeed

I truly feel that our pass rush will rise to a new level once Tuitt is back. Likewise, as much as we want to talk about Bryant being the missing piece on offense, Gilbert at RT simply helps BB to play better (plus, Gilbert opens huge holes for Bell).

Edman
11-03-2017, 04:33 PM
If ANYTHING is 'certain', it's not that.

What have you seen from the last few games against New England to make you think that Tomlin will have the team ready to play against them and not be totally outclassed and outcoached? We had the B's last year and still got destroyed by a Lacrosse Player. The Pats own Tomlin's heart and soul.

One win against the Brady Pats since the beginning of the decade. The Steelers have not intercepted Brady since 2005.

I've seen this movie before and I'm not interested in seeing it again. I'm confident, hoping that this time, Tomlin will overcome the usual Patriots bullshit, and the Steelers continue to play like they don't belong on the same field as them. I'm on board with the idea that the Patriots will destroy the Steelers again on December 17th until I see otherwise. Don't blame me. Blame the team for continuing to get killed by them over and over again.

Born2Steel
11-05-2017, 11:56 AM
What have you seen from the last few games against New England to make you think that Tomlin will have the team ready to play against them and not be totally outclassed and outcoached? We had the B's last year and still got destroyed by a Lacrosse Player. The Pats own Tomlin's heart and soul.

One win against the Brady Pats since the beginning of the decade. The Steelers have not intercepted Brady since 2005.

I've seen this movie before and I'm not interested in seeing it again. I'm confident, hoping that this time, Tomlin will overcome the usual Patriots bullshit, and the Steelers continue to play like they don't belong on the same field as them. I'm on board with the idea that the Patriots will destroy the Steelers again on December 17th until I see otherwise. Don't blame me. Blame the team for continuing to get killed by them over and over again.

First, Landry Jones lead the regular season game. Second, Bell went down after the first 11 plays in the AFCCG. Third, Bryant was on suspension for the season. So technically, we did not have our Killer Bees at all. I saw in that regular season game, just last season btw, that we CAN hang with NE. In the AFCCG, once Bell went down, all their D had to do was triple AB and game over. Not really that tough when you think on it. Bryant being out left that side of the field with Coates. If you remember, Coates had broken his fingers and required surgical repair in the off season, so basically, he wasn't a threat at all. People like to give the Pats credit like we never have a chance. That is total BS. They did blow us out in one season opener. But since 2010, these games have been close. We HAVE lost, but it's not the 'outclassed and out coached' bs I keep reading from guys like you. The average point differential since 2010 is less than 11 points, one of those was by 24. I'm sure you can probably do your own research and some math, but you would rather just come on here and tell us how incompetent the team is instead. Knock yourself out. IGNORED. You're pathetic.

Craic
11-05-2017, 09:19 PM
First, Landry Jones lead the regular season game. Second, Bell went down after the first 11 plays in the AFCCG. Third, Bryant was on suspension for the season. So technically, we did not have our Killer Bees at all. I saw in that regular season game, just last season btw, that we CAN hang with NE. In the AFCCG, once Bell went down, all their D had to do was triple AB and game over. Not really that tough when you think on it. Bryant being out left that side of the field with Coates. If you remember, Coates had broken his fingers and required surgical repair in the off season, so basically, he wasn't a threat at all. People like to give the Pats credit like we never have a chance. That is total BS. They did blow us out in one season opener. But since 2010, these games have been close. We HAVE lost, but it's not the 'outclassed and out coached' bs I keep reading from guys like you. The average point differential since 2010 is less than 11 points, one of those was by 24. I'm sure you can probably do your own research and some math, but you would rather just come on here and tell us how incompetent the team is instead. Knock yourself out. IGNORED. You're pathetic.

And, don't forget the loss the year before that was purely because our kicker hurt is knee in preseason, so we brought in a guy who, at that point in his career, couldn't hit the Pacific ocean while peeing from a dingy a hundred miles off the Hawaiian islands. On top of that, we now have players who match up much better in man defense, which is something we haven't had since Ike T., Ryan C., and Troy P. were on this team.

fansince'76
11-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Really want a bye week this year. Let someone else play on wildcard weekend and endure the extra game of physical abuse for a change.

AtlantaDan
11-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Really want a bye week this year. Let someone else play on wildcard weekend and endure the extra game of physical abuse for a change.

Given Chiefs schedule, 12-4 may not get a bye for the Steelers even with tiebreaker over Chiefs -

The focus has been on the Chiefs and Pats, but Steelers would lose tiebreaker to the 5-3 Jags after the meltdown at Heinz

Jags remaining 8 games includes only 2 teams above .500 - Seahawks and @Titans

Chargers
@ Clowns
@ Cardinals
Colts
Seahawks
Texans
@ 49ers
@ Titans

Remaining games for 6-3 Chiefs

@ Giants
Bills
@ Jets
Raiders
Chargers
Dolphins
@ Broncos

polamalubeast
11-06-2017, 08:09 AM
It was important that the chiefs lose yesterday, otherwise the bye week would have been a big challenge.

But with our schedule, the steelers are in a good position now to have a bye week and finish the season 7-1.

But one game at a time.

polamalubeast
11-06-2017, 08:15 AM

The steelers played in the wildcard weekend in the last 3 years because of our slow start....3-3 after 6 games in 2014,4-4 in 2015 and 4-5 last year

This year, they are in a good position with our record and our schedule ... No excuse

Hawkman
11-06-2017, 08:32 AM
And, don't forget the loss the year before that was purely because our kicker hurt is knee in preseason, so we brought in a guy who, at that point in his career, couldn't hit the Pacific ocean while peeing from a dingy a hundred miles off the Hawaiian islands.

:rofl: You've been saving that one, haven't you.

teegre
11-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Given Chiefs schedule, 12-4 may not get a bye for the Steelers even with tiebreaker over Chiefs -

The focus has been on the Chiefs and Pats, but Steelers would lose tiebreaker to the 5-3 Jags after the meltdown at Heinz

Chargers
@ Clowns
@ Cardinals
Colts
Seahawks
Texans
@ 49ers
@ Titans

@ Giants
Bills
@ Jets
Raiders
Chargers
Dolphins
@ Broncos

Yep :nod:

I should have been rooting for the Bengals... but... eff that!!!

Shoes
11-06-2017, 08:58 AM
I don't think there will be a Steeler meltdown. There is no reason why this team won't win out and bring home #7
lf they stay healthy and Ben and the offense get it together, I expect it will happen.

DesertSteel
11-06-2017, 09:41 AM

Chargers
@ Clowns
@ Cardinals
Colts
Seahawks
Texans
@ 49ers
@ Titans

@ Giants
Bills
@ Jets
Raiders
Chargers
Dolphins
@ Broncos

Two words: Blake Bortles.

polamalubeast
11-06-2017, 09:49 AM

We must not judge a team only on a QB.The Broncos won the super bowl in 2015 and Manning was worse than Bortles is this year and it's not even close.I'm not saying that the jags will win the super bowl, but we have to take this team seriously.

The jags have the best running game and the best defense in the NFL right now and if their run defense is better, they are going to be scary.

Easily the 4th best team of the AFC.

AtlantaDan
11-06-2017, 09:54 AM

I know Ben's rating is skewed by the Jax meltdown, but Ben and Bortles currently are tied in 2017 QBR ratings

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

I would not count on Bortles to win a playoff game but the remaining Jax schedule is not loaded with playoff quality teams and that Jags defense may become fierce with the addition of Dareus to improve the run defense

EzraTank
11-06-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't think there will be a Steeler meltdown. There is no reason why this team won't win out and bring home #7
lf they stay healthy and Ben and the offense get it together, I expect it will happen.

Right now the Eagles look like a team that is going to be very tough to beat. They play the Cowboys on the road after a bye next week. If they dominated the Cowgirls on the road the Eagles are a team that should be feared. Carson Wentz is the next great QB after the old guard of Brady/Ben/Brees hangs it up.

teegre
11-07-2017, 06:31 AM

:nod: The Steelers control their own destiny.

Also, the Steelers are 6-2... and getting Tuitt and Gilbert back. Plus, if Bryant regains even half of his former self (which was 15 TDs in 17 games), this offense should be great (finally). Last but not least, regardless of anything else, if BB recaptures a little of his old “magic”, nothing else will matter (we’ll go undefeated).

DesertSteel
11-07-2017, 09:22 AM
If Ben stays healthy, I think he comes alive down the stretch and into the playoffs. I'm surprised that he hasn't already been injured. Maybe this is the year he plays all 19 games.

polamalubeast
11-07-2017, 10:33 AM

polamalubeast
11-08-2017, 04:41 PM
2017 NFL division leaders: Steelers a lock

This has been a topsy-turvy NFL campaign, but with a solid half-season of action in the books, we have a clearer idea of the playoff picture taking shape. Some divisional races appear to have crystallized to the point that we can more or less call them now, while others remain decidedly in flux.

Below, I've ranked all eight division leaders (per NFL.com's standings) according to the likelihood that they will still be in first place when the 2017 regular season comes to an end, naming the top challengers to the most vulnerable front-runners:

LOCK 'EM IN TODAY
1) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2 in the AFC North)
There is not a bona fide challenger to the Steelers' supremacy in this division, with the Ravens (4-5), Bengals (3-5) and Browns (0-8) all floundering. Pittsburgh, meanwhile, is one of just two teams to rank in the top 10 in both offense (No. 10) and defense (No. 5), joining the Jaguars (who rank ninth in offense and third in defense). The Steelers' schedule also lines up very much in their favor, with all their remaining road games (at Colts, at Bengals, at Texans) coming against teams with losing records, while they should be the favorites in all five of their remaining home games (vs. Titans, vs. Packers, vs. Ravens, vs. Patriots, vs. Browns). Yes, I like Pittsburgh to win its pivotal Week 15 matchup with New England, which I also expect to decide home-field advantage in the AFC playoffs.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874064/article/2017-nfl-division-leaders-steelers-a-lock-rams-no-sure-thing?campaign=Twitter_atn

86WARD
11-09-2017, 04:44 AM
I would say again, 6-2/5-3. Possible losses: Bengals OR Ravens, then Texans on the road and NE at home. NE is one I am 50/50 on. Another thought is pending their record, I could maybe, just a tiny maybe, see them drop the game against the Browns if they are resting starters and second string guys. But that would only be if they have most likely beaten the Bengals, Ravens, Texans, etc.

ALLD
11-09-2017, 01:23 PM
I can't wait to play the Bengals again. Hopefully it will be another blowout. They are crying over at the Bengal board and nobody has a sense of humor. That must be the product of years of losing and no hope whatsoever.

st33lersguy
11-09-2017, 05:01 PM
I can't wait to play the Bengals again. Hopefully it will be another blowout. They are crying over at the Bengal board and nobody has a sense of humor. That must be the product of years of losing and no hope whatsoever.

I detest those mouth breathing chili scarfers as much as I hate the team. Honestly I have a hard time telling which is smarter, Bengals fan or Caveman?

Mojouw
11-09-2017, 05:24 PM
I detest those mouth breathing chili scarfers as much as I hate the team. Honestly I have a hard time telling which is smarter, Bengals fan or Caveman?

Hey now! No need to insult actual chili by calling that regurgitated dog vomit that ONLY one area of the country even eats "CHILI".

Seriously, is that crap not the worst "regional" food ever?

GBMelBlount
11-12-2017, 07:33 AM
:nod: The Steelers control their own destiny.

Also, the Steelers are 6-2... and getting Tuitt and Gilbert back. Plus, if Bryant regains even half of his former self (which was 15 TDs in 17 games), this offense should be great (finally).

Last but not least, regardless of anything else, if BB recaptures a little of his old “magic”, nothing else will matter (we’ll go undefeated).

We are very fortunate to be 6-2 with such a young and inexperienced defense and our offense performing like a 3 cylinder yugo in the red zone.

Honestly, if healthy, we should finish the season much stronger on both sides of the ball and have a legitimate shot at knocking off NE and winning the lombardi.

https://blog.consumerguide.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/08/Screen-shot-2014-08-05-at-2.58.40-PM.png

Drazo85
11-12-2017, 08:57 AM
https://blog.consumerguide.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/08/Screen-shot-2014-08-05-at-2.58.40-PM.png

Now that's a car. Yu go, but car...

teegre
11-12-2017, 10:24 AM
We are very fortunate to be 6-2 with such a young and inexperienced defense and our offense performing like a 3 cylinder yugo in the red zone.

Honestly, if healthy, we should finish the season much stronger on both sides of the ball and have a legitimate shot at knocking off NE and winning the lombardi.

:rofl2: Great job!!!

Steelerchad
11-12-2017, 06:48 PM
I think the Steelers finish 12-4. Hopefully that will be good enough to get the #1 seed. Staying home looks to be a big benefit this year as we have played lousy on the road. Also, if we secure the #1 seed, we likely put the Pats and Chiefs at #2 and #3, which forces them to play each other with the winner coming to Pittsburgh if we hold up our end. I like a 1 game shot at home against either of them vs. having to beat them both, with the 2nd game being on the road.

Moose
11-12-2017, 06:58 PM

Excellent Game 9 pick......LOL

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Excellent Game 9 pick......LOLSteelers will lose to the titans...book it! Seems like we never match up well with them

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Excellent Game 9 pick......LOLWow...just noticed his pick was dead on!!

SteelMayhem72
11-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Wow...just noticed his pick was dead on!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TapatalkThink we are gonna have to put Conner in more against the titans, Bell i think his wheels are coming off....there is definitely something up to what he said in practice this week

AtlantaDan
11-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Think we are gonna have to put Conner in more against the titans, Bell i think his wheels are coming off....there is definitely something up to what he said in practice this week

Gerry Dulac of the P-G agrees in his postgame Colts game grades

Maybe the Steelers are relying too much on Le’Veon Bell, who is starting to find running room hard to come by as teams load up to stop him.

The time has come to re-think their offensive approach because there is way too much reliance on Le’Veon Bell that ignores their other weapons.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/11/12/Gerry-Dulac-s-Report-Card-Steelers-20-Indianapolis-Colts-17/stories/201711120188

st33lersguy
11-12-2017, 11:34 PM
Excellent Game 9 pick......LOL

I remember predicting a win by 3 points but I forgot I predicted the right score

j-d-s
11-15-2017, 02:47 PM
I agree with those predictions, but of course without Watson Houston is a dumpster fire. With Watson I would've seen them winning the division (and us losing to them) because Watson was absolutely on fire until he got injured. Hanging up 38 points on that Seattle D in their stadium... man.

43Hitman
11-15-2017, 04:55 PM
I agree with those predictions, but of course without Watson Houston is a dumpster fire. With Watson I would've seen them winning the division (and us losing to them) because Watson was absolutely on fire until he got injured. Hanging up 38 points on that Seattle D in their stadium... man.
Yeah, they looked scary and that was without JJ and Merciless. They'll be a terror next season.

st33lersguy
11-15-2017, 04:58 PM

Houston with Tom Savage and a defensive dumpster fire makes the game much more winnable. Of course knowing the Steelers, they'll still find a way to make the game competitive and not hang 30 on them