PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Discussion of Play Call

Mojouw
10-30-2017, 01:42 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/film-room-steelers-cap-win-perfect-play-call/

Nice play design and good on Haley for running it a bit different than in Vikes game.
goign
Looks to me that if Juju cuts off Decastro's outside hip, he might still be running. But, not going to kill a guy for cutting it up and making sure he got the first down in that situation.

DesertSteel
10-30-2017, 02:11 PM
It's one of Haley's better plays, for sure.

SteelMember
10-30-2017, 02:12 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/film-room-steelers-cap-win-perfect-play-call/

Nice play design and good on Haley for running it a bit different than in Vikes game.
goign
Looks to me that if Juju cuts off Decastro's outside hip, he might still be running. But, not going to kill a guy for cutting it up and making sure he got the first down in that situation.

I like the play (I remember Hines used to run a version of it) and the fact they went right back to him after the other 3rd down drop. Ben likes to go with the "hot hands" and has a noticeable tendency to keep looking for said player. I think a lot of Bryan't target issues would fade away if he just made a big play then followed it up with a couple others. Once you get Ben's trust he'll target you even when you may not be open. See Antonio Brown... and Juju in this one.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-30-2017, 04:47 PM
It's one of Haley's better plays, for sure.

I personally like the bubble screen and go on the first play of the game. Defense scouts the bubble screen, but doesn't expect the blocker to release.

Mojouw
10-30-2017, 05:07 PM
I personally like the bubble screen and go on the first play of the game. Defense scouts the bubble screen, but doesn't expect the blocker to release.

Good point. Totally forgot about that one, that was a brilliant use of self-scouting to turn keys against the defense.

Craic
10-30-2017, 05:53 PM
I thought it was a brilliant play to be honest. What showed me the play worked (rather than individual effort) is the way the entire right side of the defense shifted further right opening up the middle in the seconds before play began.

teegre
10-31-2017, 06:16 AM

Yep. If the ball had hit JuJu in stride, we would of started off the game with a 75-yard TD. Regardless, it was still a good play (30+ yards).