PDA

View Full Version : JUJU in Concussion Protocol Something to worry about ?

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Luv the pick and the kid but this is twice in the first 7 weeks he has been in it. Is he going to have a short career if this keeps up ?

DesertSteel
10-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Has he actually had one or just been in protocol? Seems he practices awfully soon for a real concussion.

10-27-2017, 08:08 PM
Has he actually had one or just been in protocol? Seems he practices awfully soon for a real concussion. Not sure myself and why I'm asking. This hasn't been mentioned anywhere and I'm just a little concerned.

hawaiiansteeler
10-27-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm just a little concerned.

that he might get drain bamage?

fansince'76
10-27-2017, 08:18 PM
This was from Wednesday - didn't really do any deep searching for anything newer:

Smith-Schuster was a full participant at Wednesday's practice, but he's technically still in the NFL's concussion protocol, Steve Rotstein of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Smith-Schuster's ability to log a full practice strongly suggests he's on track to make his way through the concussion protocol before Sunday's game against the Lions.

Read more: Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster: Still in concussion protocol

(https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-still-in-concussion-protocol/)He wasn't on the injury report today either: Week 8 Injury Report (Lions) (http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-4/Week-8-Injury-Report-Lions/d6e3141a-10cd-4d82-8327-f23fdf9d54b2)

10-27-2017, 08:30 PM
that he might get drain bamage?No that he might have a short career as a Steeler of course! Actual worried about both.

10-27-2017, 08:35 PM
This was from Wednesday - didn't really do any deep searching for anything newer:

Read more: Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster: Still in concussion protocol

(https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-still-in-concussion-protocol/)He wasn't on the injury report today either: Week 8 Injury Report (Lions) (http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-4/Week-8-Injury-Report-Lions/d6e3141a-10cd-4d82-8327-f23fdf9d54b2)Sounds like he is okay. Still worrisome this is twice in 7 weeks he has been put into it. Maybe his physical play on the field he will be more prone to it.

AtlantaDan
10-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Luv the pick and the kid but this is twice in the first 7 weeks he has been in it. Is he going to have a short career if this keeps up ?

The protocol is invoked more these days and I bet more players self-report

FWIW I recently rewatched the 1975 Steelers Americas Game in which Swann was taken off the field on a stretcher and hospitalized after the AFC championship game - today he would never have played in SB X - Swann played 7 more seasons and apparently is not in the Mike Webster zone today

Today's players know what they have signed up for - not minimizing the risk that goes with playing the game

10-27-2017, 10:23 PM

FWIW I recently rewatched the 1975 Steelers Americas Game in which Swann was taken off the field on a stretcher and hospitalized after the AFC championship game - today he would never have played in SB X - Swann played 7 more seasons and apparently is not in the Mike Webster zone today

Today's players know what they have signed up for - not minimizing the risk that goes with playing the game Yep different times then and now the players truly know what there getting into. I think the old time players knew the risk to a point as well. I bet they realize bang there heads hard all the time wasn't good for them.

FrancoLambert
10-28-2017, 07:51 AM

Today's players know what they have signed up for - not minimizing the risk that goes with playing the game

Today, they would cancel that game mid-game because of the violent and malicious hits.
Still, it's the best Steelers-Raiders game I ever saw.

Mojouw
10-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Players are way bigger and faster now. Hits are more violent now. Why th