PDA

View Full Version : For Whom To Root (Week 8)

teegre
10-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Dolphins @ Ravens:
Duh. Go Phins!!!

Chargers @ Taperiots:
Duh. Go Bolts!!!

Colts @ Bengals:
Eff Burfict!!! Go Colts!!!

Falcons @ Jets:
A Jets loss helps us in the playoff seeding. A Jets win helps them overtake the Taperiots. Uh... go Falcons.

Texans @ Seahawks:
A Texans loss helps us in the playoff seeding. Go Whiners!!!

Broncos @ Chiefs
Either loss helps us.

Raidahs @ Bills:
Either loss helps us. But, a Bills win helps them overtake the Taperiots. Go Bills.

polamalubeast
10-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Dolphins,Chargers,colts,falcons,seahawks,broncos and bills.

st33lersguy
10-26-2017, 06:08 PM
I'm not bothering with the AFC East, Pats will win it anyway

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2017, 06:14 PM

true, but it would be nice if the Steelers have a better won/loss record than the Cheatriots* at the end of the season so that the AFC Championship game will be played in Pittsburgh and not Foxboro.

fansince'76
10-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Texans @ Seahawks:

That's "Rainy City Bitch Pigeons." :chuckle:

Born2Steel
10-26-2017, 07:11 PM
I think you have to root for the Chiefs. We've beaten them already.

teegre
10-26-2017, 07:17 PM

But, what if...

I’d love to see the Taperiots have to play as a 5 seed.

- - - Updated - - -

That's "Rainy City Bitch Pigeons." :chuckle:

:applaudit:

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have to root for the Chiefs. We've beaten them already.

True.

That said, the Broncos have injuries at the receiver position that might cause them to slide anyway (whereas, the Chiefs are stout across the board).

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2017, 09:27 PM
That hit that flacco took to the head was totally uncalled for and dude should have been ejected and then be suspended. I dont like the ravens but that was brutal!! I dont blame harbaugh

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
10-26-2017, 09:59 PM
That hit that flacco took to the head was totally uncalled for and dude should have been ejected and then be suspended. I dont like the ravens but that was brutal!! I dont blame harbaugh

That was a Burfict move. I saw Flacco and genuinely felt bad for him.

SteelMayhem72
10-26-2017, 10:02 PM
That was a Burfict move. I saw Flacco and genuinely felt bad for him.Yes I absolutely felt bad for him...they said blood was coming out of his ear and i bet he has a busted ear drum. Players like that dont need to be playing with cheap shots like that.

Shoes
10-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Yes I absolutely felt bad for him...they said blood was coming out of his ear and i bet he has a busted ear drum. Players like that dont need to be playing with cheap shots like that.

I believe his ear was cut, but it was a cheap shot nonetheless.

steelreserve
10-27-2017, 01:29 AM

That was a Burfict move. I saw Flacco and genuinely felt bad for him.

Did either of you guys actually watch the play? Alonso started to go for the hit at EXACTLY the same time Flacco started his slide. It's not as if Flacco was sliding and THEN he launched himself. An unfortunate play, but far from dirty.

Tell me what you do if you're the defender there. Guy running uncontested in the open field, almost a 20-yard gain and right at the first down marker. Maybe he'll slide but ... what if he doesn't? You have to play it like he's going to keep running until it's clear he's not. And he didn't slide until the defender was going for the tackle. Sure, it LOOKED bad, but once everyone calms the emotion down, look at what actually happened.

And if you're the QB, you don't want to risk getting hit, it's up to you to start your slide WELL in advance. The slide rule is not designed so you can get every last yard out of a play, then slide at the last possible second (although that's how they've started calling it). You push it too much, it's at your own risk. Yes, you might not gain as much yardage as you would like. This is the same principle as how if you call for a fair catch when the defender doesn't have time to let up, you don't get a fair catch. Or if you're a fat guy with a mustache and sweatpants and you barge into the ladies' room, then raise your hand and shout "TRANS!", some people might not be too happy with you regardless. You got to give people some warning.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/asfix/repository//8a25c39212c8bcf30112c99af0910001/athf_ep039_02.jpg

43Hitman
10-27-2017, 04:17 AM
That was not a dirty hit. Flacco started his slide very late because he was going for the first down. The NFL has brainwashed us into thinking that's dirty when in fact its a bang/bang play. Anything looks horrible when you slow down 10x its normal speed.

Count Steeler
10-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Just watched the hit. Definitely a hit Alonso could have eased up on. He may not have been able to stop his launch, but he definitely didn't have to drive his arm/elbow into Flacco. Instead of a ram rod, he could have turned it into a swan dive. He may still have contacted Flacco, but not with the driving force of his forearm.

teegre
10-27-2017, 06:13 AM
Contact was inevitable, because Flacco slid too late.

That said, Kiko did not need to put his forearm into Flacco’s neck.

SUMMATION:
If Kiko’s arms are up (or even in a tackling position), it’s a non-issue. But, they weren’t; so, it is.

Moose
10-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Did either of you guys actually watch the play? Alonso started to go for the hit at EXACTLY the same time Flacco started his slide. It's not as if Flacco was sliding and THEN he launched himself. An unfortunate play, but far from dirty.

Tell me what you do if you're the defender there. Guy running uncontested in the open field, almost a 20-yard gain and right at the first down marker. Maybe he'll slide but ... what if he doesn't? You have to play it like he's going to keep running until it's clear he's not. And he didn't slide until the defender was going for the tackle. Sure, it LOOKED bad, but once everyone calms the emotion down, look at what actually happened.

And if you're the QB, you don't want to risk getting hit, it's up to you to start your slide WELL in advance. The slide rule is not designed so you can get every last yard out of a play, then slide at the last possible second (although that's how they've started calling it). You push it too much, it's at your own risk. Yes, you might not gain as much yardage as you would like. This is the same principle as how if you call for a fair catch when the defender doesn't have time to let up, you don't get a fair catch. Or if you're a fat guy with a mustache and sweatpants and you barge into the ladies' room, then raise your hand and shout "TRANS!", some people might not be too happy with you regardless. You got to give people some warning.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/asfix/repository//8a25c39212c8bcf30112c99af0910001/athf_ep039_02.jpg

I don't think that was a 'dirty' hit. Flacco left the box and started running for the 1st down, therefore he became a RUNNING BACK. If he didn't want to get hit, fall down early. He definitely was trying for the marker, then saw Alonso coming and decided to go into the 'protective' slide, but it was too late. Sorry for Flacco, but when you leave the box welcome to the world of RB's and WR's. It was a good hit from a defensive player on an offensive player trying to make a play. Alonso DIDN'T launch himself. Flacco's head, because of sliding late, was close to ground, where Alonso was heading. Alonso didn't do the helmet to helmet (rule) he came in with his shoulder where it made contact. Football is a CONTACT sport ! I agree it was a hard hit, but it was a clean hit. My opinion, but I'm old school, Jack Lambert days ! Agree with all steelreserve, especially the TRANS statement....LOL !

SteelMayhem72
10-27-2017, 10:44 AM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/asfix/repository//8a25c39212c8bcf30112c99af0910001/athf_ep039_02.jpgIm not saying it was intentional or a cheap shot...just saying it shouldnt have happened. It was brutal no matter whose fault it was and yes he should have been ejected no matter the intent or how it happened. If that was Ben I believe everyone would be mad as hell as they should be. Yes Flacco slid late and yes Alonso was already in his tackle mode but why do you have to go so low anyway cause nothing is good gonna come out of hitting a QB low anyway.

SteelMayhem72
10-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Contact was inevitable, because Flacco slid too late.

That said, Kiko did not need to put his forearm into Flacco’s neck.

SUMMATION:
If Kiko’s arms are up (or even in a tackling position), it’s a non-issue. But, they weren’t; so, it is.This i agree with!

steelreserve
10-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Im not saying it was intentional or a cheap shot...just saying it shouldnt have happened. It was brutal no matter whose fault it was and yes he should have been ejected no matter the intent or how it happened. If that was Ben I believe everyone would be mad as hell as they should be. Yes Flacco slid late and yes Alonso was already in his tackle mode but why do you have to go so low anyway cause nothing is good gonna come out of hitting a QB low anyway.

As opposed to going higher, and getting a roughing penalty when the QB lowers his head and you bonk helmets?

Sorry, but it's just a play that happens once in a while because it's football. Violent collisions happen.

You just said it wasn't intentional or a cheap shot, so why should he have been ejected if not for that? He shouldn't have been. Borderline that it was even a penalty, but of course they're going to call it based on looks and the fact that it was a highly-paid quarterback.

No, I would not be "mad as hell" if it was Ben because I understand that shit like that happens all the time and usually it's not a cheap shot, just bad luck. You can go back and look at what I said any of the times where Ben actually DID get injured if you want; it's basically that.

Moose
10-27-2017, 12:00 PM
Im not saying it was intentional or a cheap shot...just saying it shouldnt have happened. It was brutal no matter whose fault it was and yes he should have been ejected no matter the intent or how it happened. If that was Ben I believe everyone would be mad as hell as they should be. Yes Flacco slid late and yes Alonso was already in his tackle mode but why do you have to go so low anyway cause nothing is good gonna come out of hitting a QB low anyway.

You asked, "why do you have to go low anyway" ? Because that's what the NFL want's player's to do now since they came up with all the rules about HIGH tackles to protect the head.

steelreserve
10-27-2017, 12:04 PM
By the way - I get that the title of this thread tries to be grammatically correct by not ending with a preposition.

However, you could also solve that problem without sounding awkward by using the more natural "Who to root for, asshole!"

So hopefully we can see something more along those lines from now on.

Moose
10-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Oh yea, to answer the thread question....I agreed with all except the Ratbird game. I hate to say it but I was kind of wanting the Rat's to win for 2 reasons. First to knock the fish to 4-3 and not 5-2 record, and Secondly because I hate the bungholes so much I felt if the rat's win they would be 4-4 which would still be behind us and still ahead of the bungholes. The bungholes play the Colts in cincy and you know that will probably be a win for those pathetic bungholes and I'm gonna have to listen how they are on a roll now.....ugh !

teegre
10-27-2017, 02:02 PM
By the way - I get that the title of this thread tries to be grammatically correct by not ending with a preposition.

However, you could also solve that problem without sounding awkward by using the more natural "Who to root for, asshole!"

Duly noted, asshole.

AtlantaDan
10-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Texans @ Seahawks:

Texans turmoil now that an ESPN article quoted their owner shooting his mouth off at the players-owners meeting on the anthem protests

And just when it seems like the rancor over the anthem controversy had settled to a slow simmer, it’s back on the front burner, lid rattling on the pan.

Tackle Duane Brown (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4852/duane-brown) said Friday that Texans players considered walking out of practice on Friday over owner Bob McNair’s comment at last week’s ownership meeting that “[w]e can’t have the inmates running the prison.”

“I’m very upset,” Brown said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “It sickened me. . . . It’s horrible. It’s frustrating.”

Brown added that, even though players decided not to leave, it’s not over.

It’s possible that receiver DeAndre Hopkins (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8404/deandre-hopkins) wasn’t sufficiently persuaded, given that he missed practice due to a personal day — and in light of the reality that coach Bill O’Brien refused to comment on whether the absence is connected to the McNair remark.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/27/texans-players-considered-walking-out-on-friday-over-bob-mcnairs-inmate-remark/

Did not see Texans having much have a shot in Seattle anyhow, but this cannot help - good :thumbsup:

Moose
10-27-2017, 02:10 PM
LOL..... I guess by replying makes us all assholes ! :)

43Hitman
10-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Duly noted, asshole.

:lol:

Moose
10-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Texans turmoil now that an ESPN article quoted their owner shooting his mouth off at the players-owners meeting on the anthem protests

And just when it seems like the rancor over the anthem controversy had settled to a slow simmer, it’s back on the front burner, lid rattling on the pan.

Tackle Duane Brown (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4852/duane-brown) said Friday that Texans players considered walking out of practice on Friday over owner Bob McNair’s comment at last week’s ownership meeting that “[w]e can’t have the inmates running the prison.”

“I’m very upset,” Brown said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “It sickened me. . . . It’s horrible. It’s frustrating.”

Brown added that, even though players decided not to leave, it’s not over.

It’s possible that receiver DeAndre Hopkins (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8404/deandre-hopkins) wasn’t sufficiently persuaded, given that he missed practice due to a personal day — and in light of the reality that coach Bill O’Brien refused to comment on whether the absence is connected to the McNair remark.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/27/texans-players-considered-walking-out-on-friday-over-bob-mcnairs-inmate-remark/

Did not see Texans having much have a shot in Seattle anyhow, but this cannot help - good :thumbsup:

This Political Correct crap is just so annoying ! What a pathetic ass world this is becoming when you just have to watch everything you say and/or do anymore. I'm sure he didn't mean anything about the term 'prison' referring to the player's individually....it's just a term that has been around for year's. I guess we are coming to the point where we just have to quit talking to anyone, quit displaying anything at your home, quit listening to certain music, quit worshiping, quit driving certain vehicles, quit following certain teams/sports, quit reading anything about history, etc.,etc., for fear of offending someone. So, let's all just stop, take a deep breath and make a toast..... " here's to you, here's to me, I hope we never disagree....but, if we do....FK you, here's to me ! LOL ( my favorite toast - feel free to use it ...LOL)

Hawkman
10-27-2017, 02:42 PM

Such a "Gramaterarian". :heh:

tube517
10-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Duly noted, asshole.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvDDaitNJjyNYNx3GVzG6grvSAwR0in vpchPqGJpgJyFTFd5Cg :lol:

Lady Steel
10-27-2017, 02:47 PM

Duly noted, asshole.

I didn't see that one coming, Tiger. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
10-27-2017, 03:31 PM
I didn't see that one coming, Tiger. :lol:

it's one of the many things I love about Tiger :sofunny:

pczach
10-27-2017, 08:37 PM
http://itsfunny.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Grammar-true-reality.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Duly noted, asshole.

http://bulletproofwriting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/the-past-the-present-and-the-future-walked-into-a-bar.jpg

Hawkman
10-27-2017, 10:02 PM
http://itsfunny.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Grammar-true-reality.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://bulletproofwriting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/the-past-the-present-and-the-future-walked-into-a-bar.jpg

Keep them coming.:chuckle:

pczach
10-28-2017, 06:14 AM
https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aGxmE6z_700b.jpg

Texasteel
10-28-2017, 07:48 AM
Dolphins @ Ravens:
Duh. Go Phins!!!

Chargers @ Taperiots:
Duh. Go Bolts!!!

Colts @ Bengals:
Eff Burfict!!! Go Colts!!!

Falcons @ Jets:
A Jets loss helps us in the playoff seeding. A Jets win helps them overtake the Taperiots. Uh... go Falcons.

Texans @ Seahawks:

Broncos @ Chiefs
Either loss helps us.

Raidahs @ Bills:
Either loss helps us. But, a Bills win helps them overtake the Taperiots. Go Bills.

I understand the reasoning, but getting behind the Dolphins and the Seahawks. Your asking a lot bud. Well, and lest you didn't mention the cowboys.

teegre
10-28-2017, 09:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zNWswcqMg&app=desktop

SteelMayhem72
10-29-2017, 05:21 AM
As opposed to going higher, and getting a roughing penalty when the QB lowers his head and you bonk helmets?

Sorry, but it's just a play that happens once in a while because it's football. Violent collisions happen.

You just said it wasn't intentional or a cheap shot, so why should he have been ejected if not for that? He shouldn't have been. Borderline that it was even a penalty, but of course they're going to call it based on looks and the fact that it was a highly-paid quarterback.

No, I would not be "mad as hell" if it was Ben because I understand that shit like that happens all the time and usually it's not a cheap shot, just bad luck. You can go back and look at what I said any of the times where Ben actually DID get injured if you want; it's basically that.They are gonna flag and/or fine or suspend no matter the intent anymore is what im saying...going low to take out knees or going high and take out a head is gonna get some kind of infraction. The target area is the chest to the hips. Yes, im gonna call peoples bluff if that is Ben...nothing personal just my opinion.

teegre
10-30-2017, 06:27 AM
Well...
The Falcons and the Rain City Bitch Pigeons helped us. The Colts and the Bolts tried, but to no avail.

Regardless, the Steelers control their own destiny.