PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown of the 8 Dennis Dixon misfires vs Atlanta

stillers4me
09-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Very cool.....with videos of each of play.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09/breakdown-of-the-8-dennis-dixon-misfires-against-atlanta/

GBMelBlount
09-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Wow! Very cool breakdown of Dixon's incomplete passes!

It did seem like he was aiming instead of throwing at times....

Borski
09-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Yea he did seem a little jittery out there at times, but now that his first game of the the year is out of the way and he has had an extra week of practice I think he will be a little more comfortable and accurate back there.

SteelerEmpire
09-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Yea. If the Falcons defenders were not all thumbs, they would have had 3 or 4 picks...

solardave
09-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Two things I noticed. The first is that he isn't looking anywhere except where he throws the ball. Tells me he isn't reading the defense or I should say isn't taking time to read the defense. Second is that he looks real nervous. Both of these can be overcome if he calms down and scans the field. If it's not there take off if it's open and if not get out of the pocket and/or throw it away.
Mendy and Redman can help by just running the ball well.

Borski
09-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I see dropped picks happen in almost ever game with any teams playing, I don't know why its that big of a deal this past week. Yeah its something that needs to be corrected but its not unheard of to see that.

solardave
09-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Two things I noticed. The first is that he isn't looking anywhere except where he throws the ball. Tells me he isn't reading the defense or I should say isn't taking time to read the defense. Second is that he looks real nervous. Both of these can be overcome if he calms down and scans the field. If it's not there take off if it's open and if not get out of the pocket and/or throw it away.
Mendy and Redman can help by just running the ball well.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention all this seems easy when I'm sitting on my couch and he is up to his ass in alligators.:nervous:

Steeldude
09-18-2010, 09:41 PM
i hope dixon plays better. he needs to learn how to feel the pressure coming and take advantage of his legs. he does fine running when it's designed.