PDA

View Full Version : RANK THE UNITS - BEST TO WORST

DesertSteel
10-26-2017, 10:51 AM
If you're like me, how I ranked the units at the beginning of the year doesn't resemble how I'd rank them now. We are 5-2 and tied for first seed in the AFC; whoda thunk that QB would be down on the list?

How do you rank the units after 7 games?

1. Secondary
2. Defensive Line
3. Running Backs
4. Linebackers
5. Offensive Line
6. Wide Receivers/ TEs
7. Quarterback

The good news is that 6. and 7. have the potential to ascend to 1. and 2. by the end of the season.

teegre
10-26-2017, 02:00 PM
As you said, WR and QB could actually be the best (but, currently aren't).

1. RBs
2. D-line
3. O-line
4. Secondary
5. Linebackers
6. WRs
7. QB
8. TEs

polamalubeast
10-26-2017, 02:51 PM
Probably the most talented team in the Roethlisberger era.

Born2Steel
10-26-2017, 03:08 PM
1. DLine
2. Linebackers
3. OLine
4. RBs
5. QB
6. Secondary
7. WRs
8. TEs

I could be talked into putting secondary ahead of QB, but BB runs the show, and we're 5-2.

DesertSteel
10-26-2017, 03:25 PM
As you said, WR and QB could actually be the best (but, currently aren't).

1. RBs
2. D-line
3. O-line
4. Secondary
5. Linebackers
6. WRs
7. QB
8. TEs
Based on last couple games, I'd put RB first too. But I tried to factor all 7 games, much like a performance evaluation. I tried to avoid the error of recency. But Bell has looked so smooth lately that I can't argue with you.

st33lersguy
10-26-2017, 03:40 PM
1. Secondary: The top performing unit so far (so glad to type this after the last few seasons). Burns has improved in coverage, Haden has provided valuable experience, Davis is getting it together, and Mike Hilton OH MY GOD! That guy can play
2. Defensive Line: Could be no. 1 if Tuitt can stay healthy. Cam Heyward has been lights out and Hargrave is pushing the pocket whenever he's in
3. Linebackers: Shazier is a beast and TJ Watt is off to a great start his rookie season. Bud Dupree is now fully healthy so watch out for him too
4. Running backs: Le'Veon was off to a rocky start, but has dominated recently. Connor is also picking up nice chunks of yardage whenever allowed in
5. O-line: Another unit that has pulled it together after a rocky start
6. Wide Receiver: This unit would be lower if AB wasn't the team MVP for the first 5 games of the season. Aside from AB putting up AB production and a few plays from Juju, this unit has underperformed
7. Quarterback: Weird calling QB one of the weaker units on the team, but Ben has performed well below what he has in the past. He's been inconsistent most of the year
8. Tight end: Aside from 2 TDs from Jesse James in week 1, the steelers haven't gotten much of anything out of this unit.

DesertSteel
10-26-2017, 03:43 PM
1. Secondary: The top performing unit so far (so glad to type this after the last few seasons). Burns has improved in coverage, Haden has provided valuable experience, Davis is getting it together, and Mike Hilton OH MY GOD! That guy can play
2. Defensive Line: Could be no. 1 if Tuitt can stay healthy. Cam Heyward has been lights out and Hargrave is pushing the pocket whenever he's in
3. Linebackers: Shazier is a beast and TJ Watt is off to a great start his rookie season. Bud Dupree is now fully healthy so watch out for him too
4. Running backs: Le'Veon was off to a rocky start, but has dominated recently. Connor is also picking up nice chunks of yardage whenever allowed in
5. O-line: Another unit that has pulled it together after a rocky start
6. Wide Receiver: This unit would be lower if AB wasn't the team MVP for the first 5 games of the season. Aside from AB putting up AB production and a few plays from Juju, this unit has underperformed
7. Quarterback: Weird calling QB one of the weaker units on the team, but Ben has performed well below what he has in the past. He's been inconsistent most of the year
8. Tight end: Aside from 2 TDs from Jesse James in week 1, the steelers haven't gotten much of anything out of this unit.
Is Bud fully healthy??? I was under the impression that his shoulder was about to fall off.

st33lersguy
10-26-2017, 03:53 PM
Is Bud fully healthy??? I was under the impression that his shoulder was about to fall off.

I read on here that it was finally healthy last week, and he certainly played better this week

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Probably the most talented team in the Roethlisberger era.

easily the most talented team in the Roethlisberger era. if The real Ben and Martavis come back no one can stop us

I rank them

1) DL
2) LB
3) RB
4) Secondary
5) Oline
6) WR/TE
7) QB

Man, I bet these lists would have looked really different before the season started. Kind of hard to rank some of these because it depends on how much you're accounting for quality vs. quantity

- - - Updated - - -

hes not on his meds anymore to keep the pain down. Someone posted a tweet from a beat writer a few days ago that Bud could barely lift his right arm (obviously crucial since thats the side thats going to make the most physical contact with OT's) on game days without those meds

DesertSteel
10-26-2017, 05:06 PM
hes not on his meds anymore to keep the pain down. Someone posted a tweet from a beat writer a few days ago that Bud could barely lift his right arm (obviously crucial since thats the side thats going to make the most physical contact with OT's) on game days without those meds
I saw that tweet and thought it was the current status of his shoulder from what I read.

st33lersguy
10-26-2017, 05:10 PM
I saw that tweet and thought it was the current status of his shoulder from what I read.

I went back to that tweet and re-read it, my bad as I misinterpreted it. It is a step in the right direction and he does seem to be healthier than previous weeks

Moose
10-26-2017, 05:28 PM
I kept looking at this list and got more confused each time. You could arrange and rearrange after each game. Not sure how ya' all did it, each game there is a different stand out...oh, except for the coaching unit in which Haley seems to stay constant.

DesertSteel
10-26-2017, 06:00 PM
I kept looking at this list and got more confused each time. You could arrange and rearrange after each game. Not sure how ya' all did it, each game there is a different stand out...oh, except for the coaching unit in which Haley seems to stay constant.
The question is for the entire 7 game stretch, not just the past game.

teegre
10-26-2017, 07:15 PM
Based on last couple games, I'd put RB first too. But I tried to factor all 7 games, much like a performance evaluation. I tried to avoid the error of recency. But Bell has looked so smooth lately that I can't argue with you.

Ah... I see.

I was definitely using using the last few games as my barometer.

Iron Steeler
10-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Damn I am praying for Ben to get his mojo back. Need it to get his head right during the holiday push!