PDA

View Full Version : Cam Sutton?

RunNGun
10-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Haven't heard much about him. Isn't he designated to return this week? If he's healthy enough, will he be active on game day? Where does he fit in? IMO, this is basically a redshirt year. Never thought I'd say this, but the depth at CB is deep!

hawaiiansteeler
10-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Sutton hasn't been playing, would he just automatically move ahead of Sensabaugh and Brian Allen on the depth chart?

Born2Steel
10-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Tomlin doesn't usually put players in games until they have shown up in practice. I don't know his practice status, but I doubt he would start this week either way.

Shoes
10-23-2017, 07:23 PM
He's the new Golson, who is a FA. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
10-23-2017, 07:24 PM
The presence of Mike Hilton will probably limit his snap count. Hilton has been doing what Sutton was drafted to do

ALLD
10-23-2017, 07:35 PM
The presence of Mike Hilton will probably limit his snap count. Hilton has been doing what Sutton was drafted to do

If Hilton works, you don't fix it. I don't think we have seen a close up of him on the field after getting burned. I know I have seen way more good highlights on him.

Mojouw
10-23-2017, 07:43 PM
The NFL is just such a random thing. I would be hesitant to "IR redshirt" Sutton. The Steelers are one injury away from starting either Gay, Sensabaugh, or Hilton on the outside.

Having never seen Sutton really play, but based on the over the moon descriptions of him around draft time - the guy I figure you gotta take along look at is Sensabaugh.

Steelers clearly have no intention of him seeing the field barring injury. So why keep him around? I would rather roll the dice on the higher upside player?

RunNGun
10-24-2017, 01:31 AM
The NFL is just such a random thing. I would be hesitant to "IR redshirt" Sutton. The Steelers are one injury away from starting either Gay, Sensabaugh, or Hilton on the outside.

Having never seen Sutton really play, but based on the over the moon descriptions of him around draft time - the guy I figure you gotta take along look at is Sensabaugh.

Steelers clearly have no intention of him seeing the field barring injury. So why keep him around? I would rather roll the dice on the higher upside player?

Agreed. I think that's the most logical way to go about it. Let Cam practice for a few weeks and when he's ready, let him take Coty's spot, barring injury.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-24-2017, 11:29 AM
If they activate Sutton, don't they have to release somebody? If that is the case I think they will ride with who they have now on the roster. I don't see bringing in a rookie that missed half the season, when they can keep him on IR and not cut anybody.

steelreserve
10-24-2017, 11:50 AM
We are carting around an extra OT on the roster right now because of Gilbert; if he is healthy by the bye week, maybe one of those goes to the practice squad. Otherwise I'd say Sensabaugh or Allen. Thankfully Hilton looks to have emerged as an adequate defender among the younger guys, so that takes some of the pressure off.

I was almost certain we'd have someone significant on IR by now so he'd simply take their place ... we've been pretty fortunate with injuries. That's a good problem to have.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-24-2017, 12:00 PM
We are carting around an extra OT on the roster right now because of Gilbert; if he is healthy by the bye week, maybe one of those goes to the practice squad. Otherwise I'd say Sensabaugh or Allen. Thankfully Hilton looks to have emerged as an adequate defender among the younger guys, so that takes some of the pressure off.

I was almost certain we'd have someone significant on IR by now so he'd simply take their place ... we've been pretty fortunate with injuries. That's a good problem to have.

True, maybe they would cut Feiler and hope he ends up on the PS.

SteelerFanInStl
10-24-2017, 12:01 PM
There's no reason to keep Allen on the active roster if Sutton is healthy. If they don't want to risk losing Allen, then cut Sensabaugh. He's not very good anyway.

tube517
10-31-2017, 10:58 AM

teegre
10-31-2017, 02:08 PM

Cody Sensabaugh, we have one question for you: window or aisle?

Texasteel
10-31-2017, 02:21 PM
It would be nice if we could workout a trade in the next couple of hours, and I am not talking about Sutton.

teegre
10-31-2017, 02:25 PM
It would be nice if we could workout a trade in the next couple of hours, and I am not talking about Sutton.

Colbetr did it with Coates and Cockrell.

Acquiring a R7 pick for Sensabaugh would be outstanding.

BlackAndGold
10-31-2017, 02:47 PM
I'd cut Justin Hunter for Sutton.

Highly unlikely some team will pick him up, even if they do Marcus Tucker(Imo, MT>>JH) can be brought up to the PS if there is a injury.

Coty has dressed for every game, can play both slot and outside at CB, and he's also a good special teams player.

AtlantaDan
10-31-2017, 03:07 PM
Tomlin doesn't usually put players in games until they have shown up in practice. I don't know his practice status, but I doubt he would start this week either way.

P-G article on the return of Sutton

Steelers rookie cornerback Cameron Sutton returned to practice for the first time in more than two months Tuesday after a nagging hamstring injury sabotaged the first half of his first NFL season.

The Steelers have 21 days to determine if they’ll activate Sutton to the 53-man roster or keep him on injured reserve for the remainder of the season.

“Really right now we’re just evaluating and letting him get the rust off,” defensive backs coach Carnell Lake said. “It’s been a while since he’s been out there to practice with us. My expectations right now are not too high. I’m just really trying to let him get a feel for the defense again.

“I’m not making any big plans for Cam right now. I just want to let Cam get settled in again and see where he is from a physical and mental standpoint. Time will tell if we’re going to take the wrapper off Cam. That will play out.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/31/cameron-sutton-hamstring-injury-steelers-secondary-joe-haden-artie-burns-mike-hilton/stories/201710310155

Haven't heard much about him. Isn't he designated to return this week? If he's healthy enough, will he be active on game day? Where does he fit in? IMO, this is basically a redshirt year. Never thought I'd say this, but the depth at CB is deep!

In his chat today Ed B. of the P-G agrees it is doubtful Sutton sees game action this season

I'm not quite sure what they'll do with him. Mike Hilton is the No. 5 corner and William Gay enters in the dime. I'm not sure you want to throw a rookie in there who has not practiced with you much. If they add him to the roster, I believe it will be so he can practice this year and not lose a full season of that. They don't necessarily have to cut another DB to make room for him on the 53 either

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/31/Ed-Bouchette-Steelers-chat-10-31-17/stories/201710310145

Psycho Ward 86
10-31-2017, 04:26 PM
Cody Sensabaugh, we have one question for you: window or aisle?

Remember when we were dead serious about entering the season with Ross Cockrell or Sensabaugh as a starting corner? Good times, good times

BlackAndGold
10-31-2017, 04:38 PM
Remember when we were dead serious about entering the season with Ross Cockrell or Sensabaugh as a starting corner? Good times, good times

Thank you Cleveland.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Texasteel
10-31-2017, 04:47 PM
Poor Cleveland. Not only did they hurt their team, but they made the best in their division stronger.

polamalubeast
10-31-2017, 05:13 PM
Thank you Cleveland.

The gift that keeps on giving.

The Texans and eagles can also say thank you Cleveland with the way Watson and Wentz are playing right now!

BlackAndGold
10-31-2017, 05:25 PM
The Texans and eagles can also say thank you Cleveland with the way Watson and Wentz are playing right now!

Lesson here. If the Browns pass on a QB, DRAFT HIM!!!!

Of course the Browns also passed on Ben.

Born2Steel
10-31-2017, 05:41 PM
The Browns fumbled away their one chance to make a SB. Been fumbling ever since. Fumbling draft picks, coaching hires, real talent, AND footballs.

polamalubeast
10-31-2017, 05:47 PM
Marty Schottenheimer deserves to be in the HOF, only for the fact that the Browns have made the playoffs 4 times in 4 years under him!

I mean, even Bill Belichick has not been successful in Cleveland!

hawaiiansteeler
10-31-2017, 09:16 PM
The Browns fumbled away their one chance to make a SB. Been fumbling ever since. Fumbling draft picks, coaching hires, real talent, AND footballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM7zRs91BgI

pczach
11-01-2017, 05:56 AM
It would be nice for another cover corner to emerge in the second half of the season that would be able to make a difference in the playoffs to match up with a team like the Patriots in spot duty.

More depth is a good thing to be ready for injuries, and possibly having a corner that can be put on a guy like Gronk and be able to hold up would be huge. That is if Allen is somehow ready to contribute.

teegre
11-01-2017, 06:26 AM
They don't necessarily have to cut another DB to make room for him on the 53 either

THAT tells me that Justin Hunter (as BlackAndGold stated) could be the odd man out.

Texasteel
11-01-2017, 07:32 AM
THAT tells me that Justin Hunter (as BlackAndGold stated) could be the odd man out.

Could that be considered a small vote of confidence for Bryant?

polamalubeast
11-12-2017, 04:42 PM
We need him!