PDA

View Full Version : McFadden irked by critics after Steelers' opener

stillers4me
09-17-2010, 05:50 AM
By John Harris (jharris@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, September 17, 2010

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2010-09-16/mcfadden-a.jpg
When Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White caught 13 passes for 111 yards against the Steelers on Sunday, left cornerback Bryant McFadden wasn't fazed.

In fact, McFadden took offense to media and fan criticism this week that he was victimized by White.
For starters, the Steelers' defense didn't allow a touchdown in a 15-9 overtime win at Heinz Field...............

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_699943.html

Killer
09-17-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm more irked he somehow hurt his groin this week and didn't practice yesterday, that means Gay will start, and he can't tackle.

We're doomed

Steely McSmash
09-17-2010, 09:33 AM
We really need him in run support versus Johnson this week -- hope he's capable

salamander
09-17-2010, 09:41 AM
He didn't give up any TDs, which in hindsight, is the most important thing.

And I agree - we need him this week.

Steel12
09-17-2010, 10:02 AM
What irks me is that the other team can get a first down damn near every play if they wanted. Quick throws to the WR can be the death of us. It can be 3rd and 6 and we're 12 yards off the ball. Atlanta got plenty of first downs that way and Roddy White benefitted from it the most.

BlastFurnace
09-17-2010, 12:14 PM
What irks me is that the other team can get a first down damn near every play if they wanted. Quick throws to the WR can be the death of us. It can be 3rd and 6 and we're 12 yards off the ball. Atlanta got plenty of first downs that way and Roddy White benefitted from it the most.

They got 3 FG's not 3 TD's. That is what is important here. The defense worked and McFadden was a big part of that.

Steelerfreak58
09-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Give them the short stuff don't get beat long that is how its always been.

Devilsdancefloor
09-17-2010, 12:51 PM
coach dad preachs keep everything in front of you and that is what they did. I dont like the big cushion we give, but that is our Defense like ti or not. I will take our D over any other D in the league. I think they did a great job against the dirty birds.

7willBheaven
09-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm more irked he somehow hurt his groin this week and didn't practice yesterday, that means Gay will start, and he can't tackle.

We're doomed

Actually Bmac SHOULD still get to start...

Per Ken_Laird yesterday..

"seems like McFadden still could start, though, I think they're just giving him a few extra days"

And today from Steelers FB...

"Steelers injury report for Sunday's game: NT Casey Hampton (hamstring), LT Max Starks (ankle) are out; WR Emmanuel Sanders (quadricep), OLB Jason Worilds (shoulder) are doubtful; WR Arnaz Battle (knee), QB Byron Leftwich (knee), CB Bryant McFadden (groin) are probable."

So i think Bmac starts.

GodfatherofSoul
09-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Speaking of which, does anyone have any dirt on what happened to him in Arizona? Seems like he was primed for a career run out there.

urgle burgle
09-17-2010, 03:01 PM

We're doomed

That is just not true. See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_7D7Tu0IR0

SteelMember
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Bmac played the scheme. He played off the line, and gave them all the short routes in front of him. Many of the catches he gave up were between 10-20 yards, but what he didn't do is let them stretch the field and get the big plays. Without Jenkins, Roddy was the only guy gonna do that, so he got a bigger cushion. Other guys like Weems were getting their heads ripped off because our D knew they could press midgets like him.

He played well within the scheme, but I think he could do better. Troy admitted he could have done better. Bmac just needs to do his job to the best of his ability and stop reading what the "critics" are saying.

Critics don't win you games! Hell, they don't even have a vote on the matter.

solardave
09-17-2010, 03:22 PM
They got 3 FG's not 3 TD's. That is what is important here. The defense worked and McFadden was a big part of that.

Amen!!! Who cares about first downs if we don't give up TDs?

BlastFurnace
09-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Speaking of which, does anyone have any dirt on what happened to him in Arizona? Seems like he was primed for a career run out there.

Different defensive philosophies where different coverage responsibilites is what I heard. He did an interview for steelers.com that went into some of that. He works great in our defense.

Killer
09-17-2010, 03:30 PM
it looks like BMac will give it a go

Here's the report after Friday's practice:

http://www.steelers.com

Out: Starks, Hampton
Doubtful: Worilds, Sanders
Probable: Leftwich, Battle, McFadden

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Starks and Hampton OUt? That sucks. I guess its Jon Scott and Hoke in the meantime. Could really use Hampton eating up space against that O line in the run game.

The Duke
09-18-2010, 04:27 AM

after 4 years in our system I wasn't surprised he struggled

Just look at how Rodgers Cromartie plays. I can't see BMac playing like that, and the cards ask their corners to play that way