PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Smith-Schuster A Breath Of Young Fresh Air In Steelers Drama-Filled Season

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 03:14 PM
With all the drama that seems to be attached to the Pittsburgh Steelers the last several weeks at least one young player on the team doesn’t seem to be caught up in any of it. That player is rookie wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, the team’s second-round draft pick this year out of USC.

Smith-Schuster has been a breath of fresh air for the Steelers this season as the young wide receiver just goes out and plays football every week. Currently the youngest player in the NFL at 20 years old, Smith-Schuster seems like he’s just glad to be contributing player in the NFL right now and one that doesn’t take it for granted.

In the Steelers Sunday home win over the Cincinnati Bengals, Smith-Schuster caught just two passes for 39 yards with one of those receptions resulting in a 31-yard touchdown. That touchdown, by the way, was his third of the season and that’s now the most scores in NFL history by a player before his 21st birthday.

If you’re one of those fans who hates post-touchdown celebrations, you still probably cracked a little smile when Smith-Schuster played a quick game of hide and seek with running back Le’Veon Bell while the two players were still in the end zone following the rookie’s scoring reception. It didn’t result in a penalty, it didn’t disrespect the Bengals and it showed just how youthful Smith-Schuster still is.

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/rookie-smith-schuster-breath-young-fresh-air-steelers-drama-filled-season/

hawaiiansteeler
10-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Martavis Bryant and his gf disagree :gossip:

Shoes
10-23-2017, 07:31 PM
I think they hit the gold mine with this young man as a player and person.

Mojouw
10-23-2017, 07:47 PM
Remember when Juju's defining characteristic was:

"He is not a DB drafted in round 2 and this team is stupid don' t they need DBs to man cover against the Pats and win a SB before Ben retires."

Now everyone loves him!

Shoes
10-23-2017, 08:24 PM

"He is not a DB drafted in round 2 and this team is stupid don' t they need DBs to man cover against the Pats and win a SB before Ben retires."

Now everyone loves him!

I didn't want a WR or a DB in R2 , a TE yes. :chuckle: I'm happy we have him now.

hawaiiansteeler
10-23-2017, 08:27 PM
I didn't want a WR or a DB in R2 , a TE yes. :chuckle: I'm happy we have him now.

don't lie, you wanted a TE in R1 :wink02:

st33lersguy
10-23-2017, 08:46 PM

Now everyone loves him!

Yep, though to be fair, I got excited about the player after seeing his college highlights.

- - - Updated - - -

I am satisfied with what Juju has presented as a 20-year old rookie. 2nd best WR on the team right now and he should improve (certainly has the heart and work ethic to improve). Even more glad with the impact TJ has made

hawaiiansteeler
10-23-2017, 08:47 PM
I think they hit the gold mine with this young man as a player and person.

we do know how to scout and pick WRs...

Shoes
10-23-2017, 08:56 PM
don't lie, you wanted a TE in R1 :wink02:

:lol:

Hawkman
10-23-2017, 08:58 PM
I really do want MB to shine........but I'm glad we have JuJu, and I think Ben is too.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

You did!