View Full Version : Martavis Bryant: Juju is Nowhere Near Better than I Am

Pages : [1] 2

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2017, 09:34 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/martavis-bryant-juju-no-near-better/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Bryant2.jpg

86WARD
10-22-2017, 09:37 PM
I don’t think that is Martavis Bryant’s official account. I thought his account was something like @ThaBestUNO

teegre
10-22-2017, 09:38 PM
F*ck that guy.

BB throws it deep to him, and he doesn’t even turn his head.

86WARD
10-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Maybe this was Instagram and not Twitter? Bet he was pissed he didn’t get to play hide and seek??

teegre
10-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Maybe this was Instagram and not Twitter? Bet he was pissed he didn’t get to play hide and seek??

:lol:

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2017, 09:53 PM

yeah its instagram: https://www.instagram.com/martavisbryant10/?hl=en

vader29
10-22-2017, 10:05 PM
https://image.ibb.co/haP9Qm/DMxviog_XUAAOu_EH.gif

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2017, 10:08 PM
Martavis Bryant calls out JuJu Smith-Schuster on Instagram, promptly deletes post

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/22/martavis-bryant-vents-his-frustration-on-instagram-promptly-deletes-post/

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 10:12 PM
There's our Steelers soap opera story of the night. I was worried I'd miss out on one this week

zulater
10-22-2017, 10:15 PM
He's frustrated. And he's not extremely bright either. Regardless hope now he's deleted his dumb tweet he'll put in a good work week and try to get himself close to where he was in the 15 playoffs.

I'm not throwing in the towel on him just yet.

As an aside thank God there was no twitter in the 70's! Bradshaw would have been deleting dumb tweets a dozen times a week when he was in one of his down times! :lol:

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Martavis Bryant calls out JuJu Smith-Schuster on Instagram, promptly deletes post

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/22/martavis-bryant-vents-his-frustration-on-instagram-promptly-deletes-post/

Yep - he hates JuJu since he knew since the draft JuJu was not brought in to replace Coates - he was brought in to replace Bryant sooner rather than later

Bryant will be suspended by next summer after sparking up to deal with why the Steelers love JuJu rather then him

This is Mean Girls level breakup drama

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-22-2017, 10:23 PM
I don’t think that is Martavis Bryant’s official account. I thought his account was something like @ThaBestUNO I think Donald Trump hacked his Twitter account. We are going to make Martavis great again!

- - - Updated - - -

F*ck that guy.

BB throws it deep to him, and he doesn’t even turn his head. If true this sh!t is getting very old.

Steeldude
10-22-2017, 10:24 PM
He's a punk and will always be a punk. Trade him while teams are still fooled by his "potential".

10-22-2017, 10:28 PM
He's a punk and will always be a punk. Trade him while teams are still fooled by his "potential". Again if true trade him to the Browns for any pick. He is a punk if true.

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2017, 10:29 PM
He's a punk and will always be a punk. Trade him while teams are still fooled by his "potential".

what we could get for him right now:

https://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-iem2p/products/12275/images/13061/PILO-3878__77491.1426537660.380.380.jpg?c=2

Shoes
10-22-2017, 10:30 PM
He's frustrated. And he's not extremely bright either. Regardless hope now he's deleted his dumb tweet he'll put in a good work week and try to get himself close to where he was in the 15 playoffs.

I'm not throwing in the towel on him just yet.

As an aside thank God there was no twitter in the 70's! Bradshaw would have been deleting dumb tweets a dozen times a week when he was in one of his down times! :lol:

Nor am I, there is a ton of talent there. I'm not sure why Ben isn't targeting him more. Ben has said many times in the past, if a receiver has a drop or two he comes right back to them. Seems like Ben isn't even looking in his direction many times. That end around play they run in every game needs to be put on the shelf for a while, it's not fooling anyone.

10-22-2017, 10:33 PM
I'm tired of his sh!t and he isn't even close to the player he was. JUJU is way better then him this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Nor am I, there is a ton of talent there. I'm not sure why Ben isn't targeting him more. Ben has said many times in the past, if a receiver has a drop or two he comes right back to them. Seems like Ben isn't even looking in his direction many times. That end around play they run in every game needs to be put on the shelf for a while, it's not fooling anyone. I agree about those stupid Haleys plays with him and they need to stop.

DesertSteel
10-22-2017, 10:45 PM
He was definitely not happy on the sideline when the Steelers where in their victory formation. Other players were celebrating and he was skowling.

Shoes
10-22-2017, 10:48 PM
He was definitely not happy on the sideline when the Steelers where in their victory formation. Other players were celebrating and he was skowling.

I don't agree with his behavior, but it does seem to me that he is being ignored by Haley, Ben or both. I don't get it, two targets the entire game?

10-22-2017, 10:50 PM

https://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-iem2p/products/12275/images/13061/PILO-3878__77491.1426537660.380.380.jpg?c=2 I would take anything if the punk is going continue run his mouth on social media after each game. I was being nice when I said trade him to the Browns. F that trade him to San Fran!

Shoes
10-22-2017, 10:51 PM

https://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-iem2p/products/12275/images/13061/PILO-3878__77491.1426537660.380.380.jpg?c=2

Nothing, Rooney said last week he won't be traded.

10-22-2017, 10:52 PM
I don't agree with his behavior, but it does seem to me that he is being ignored by Haley, Ben or both. I don't get it, two targets the entire game? Cause he don't look even close to the player he was. JUJU looks heads and shoulders better then him.

Shoes
10-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Cause he don't look even close to the player he was. JUJU looks heads and shoulders better then him.

Well Bell & Ben didn't either, Bryant has been out an entire year, all the more reason to feed him the ball more.

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 10:53 PM
I don't agree with his behavior, but it does seem to me that he is being ignored by Haley, Ben or both. I don't get it.

Haley and Ben would draw up plays for the Unabomber or Charles Manson if it helped the offense

Bryant is not what he was before the suspension - because he is a cheap contract he will not be cut but it is his problem to work it out

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 10:54 PM
That one play where Martavis doesn't reach for a ball near him just pissed me off

- - - Updated - - -

A taller Mike Wallace is Martavis' future

DesertSteel
10-22-2017, 10:56 PM
I don't agree with his behavior, but it does seem to me that he is being ignored by Haley, Ben or both. I don't get it, two targets the entire game?
It’s hard to tell what’s going on without seeing the all 22.

JayC
10-22-2017, 10:57 PM
he's dumber than a rock. I would never sign MB to a long term contract

Shoes
10-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Haley and Ben would draw up plays for the Unabomber or Charles Manson if it helped the offense

Bryant is not what he was before the suspension - because he is a cheap contract he will not be cut but it is his problem to work it out

By feeding Bryant two targets the entire game?

Craic
10-22-2017, 10:58 PM

:horror:

I'm having nightmares just thinking about it. Could you imagine Lambert and Greene on twitter if someone get them worked up in the week before the game?

10-22-2017, 10:59 PM

Bryant is not what he was before the suspension - because he is a cheap contract he will not be cut but it is his problem to work it out Haha and don't forget The Zodiac Killer. Bryant just ain't there this year mentally or physically. He needs to stay off of social media and work on improving. Of course not in him to do that!

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 11:01 PM
he's dumber than a rock. I would never sign MB to a long term contract

The Dolphins can sign him to a lavish contract, then he can bitch about not having a QB good enough to get him the ball while he does nothing but run a straight line

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 11:09 PM
By feeding Bryant two targets the entire game?

It is not the Salvation Army - you earn your targets

Shoes
10-22-2017, 11:13 PM
It is not the Salvation Army - you earn your targets

Right, Rogers one target, Bryant two, Vance maybe two, Grimble one. Really mixing it up there. They can all ring the Bell. All we need is Brown.

10-22-2017, 11:18 PM
It is not the Salvation Army - you earn your targets Word!

- - - Updated - - -

Right, Rogers one target, Bryant two, Vance maybe two, Grimble one. Really mixing it up there. They can all ring the Bell. All we need is Brown. First off every wr on this team needs to know & realize Top Dog eats first! That is AB and rightly so!

Steeldude
10-22-2017, 11:19 PM

Throw in some salsa and it's a deal.

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Right, Rogers one target, Bryant two, Vance maybe two, Grimble one. Really mixing it up there. They can all ring the Bell. All we need is Brown.

So they are not targeting Bryant because they are mean or want to lose? They have jobs to make these decisions - we just get to second guess with no risk other than time spent to post.
He presumably has issues in practice that do not give confidence - reporters have said he has not looked like the same player since August in practice or in games
He is a mess - the trade request and trashing JuJu are symptoms, not causes of his lack of targets

10-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Just pissed the youngest player in the league is out performing him.

Shoes
10-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Word!

- - - Updated - - -

First off every wr on this team needs to know & realize Top Dog eats first! That is AB and rightly so!

Right, and if top dog doesn't get his way he is no different than Bryant with his behavior. Watch out for that water cooler!

hawaiiansteeler
10-22-2017, 11:29 PM
So they are not targeting Bryant because they are mean or want to lose? They have jobs to make these decisions - we just get to second guess with no risk other than time spent to post.
He presumably has issues in practice that do not give confidence - reporters have said he has not looked like the same player since August in practice or in games
He is a mess - the trade request and trashing JuJu are symptoms, not causes of his lack of targets

:iagree:

10-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Right, and if top dog doesn't get his way he is no different than Bryant with his behavior. Watch out for that water cooler! Top Dog owns his throws because he is the best playing at his position in the league and can be trusted. If I was a QB I would trust throwing to Jerry Rice over Josh Gordon. Mic Drop!

Shoes
10-22-2017, 11:31 PM

No, but targeting him, Rogers, JuJu more would sure add an element of surprise to the offense. And lets not forget Brown's behavior when he doesn't get his way.

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 11:34 PM
Right, and if top dog doesn't get his way he is no different than Bryant with his behavior. Watch out for that water cooler!

Yeah cause top dog publicly showed insecurity over Juju being drafted, yep. Also top dog works as hard as anyone in the league, unlike Bryant, which probably figures into the equation as to why he gets more targets to begin with.

10-22-2017, 11:37 PM
Anyhow we always find a way to argue after a great win. I'm all for not trading Bryant but he needs to stay off of social media no matter how pissed he is.

- - - Updated - - -

That can't happen after every game!

Shoes
10-22-2017, 11:40 PM
Yeah cause top dog publicly showed insecurity over Juju being drafted, yep. Also top dog works as hard as anyone in the league, unlike Bryant, which probably figures into the equation as to why he gets more targets to begin with.

Bryant's flaws are clear for everyone to see, he doesn't have pretty white teeth to hide behind. I'm not giving up on him yet.

10-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Bryant's flaws are clear for everyone to see, he doesn't have pretty white teeth to hide behind. I'm not giving up on him yet. Look none of us fans want to give up on him yet. The social media out burst needs to stop after these games and specially when we win.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Throw in some salsa and it's a deal.

OK, but no chips. Not worth it IMO.

10-23-2017, 12:13 AM
Here is the problem of Bryant's play this season. He is not able anymore to catch a 5 yard slant and take it 70 yards to the house. No longer a deep threat with his speed and has no hustle or willing to go up and fight for the ball! Last, goes down at the first person that touches his jersey! Did you see JUJU catch the ball late in the game and pressed his hand on the turf to not go down and made it outbound ? You can't coach speed and heart. Sadly MB looks like he has neither this season.

Craic
10-23-2017, 12:36 AM
At this point, I'd be willing to entertain trade offers for him, and if I got a fourth or better, I'd move him quickly.

Of course, there's the other issue: on the other hand, there's a good chance it's just taken him quite a bit longer to readjust to the game. It happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big leap from this year to the next simply because he will have a full year of OTAs and camp as well as games and practice behind him. Yet, on the other hand, these kinds of frustrations throw the door wide open to start abusing again. If he makes it into next season without a suspension, I will be very impressed.

10-23-2017, 12:46 AM
At this point, I'd be willing to entertain trade offers for him, and if I got a fourth or better, I'd move him quickly.

Of course, there's the other issue: on the other hand, there's a good chance it's just taken him quite a bit longer to readjust to the game. It happens. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big leap from this year to the next simply because he will have a full year of OTAs and camp as well as games and practice behind him. Yet, on the other hand, these kinds of frustrations throw the door wide open to start abusing again. If he makes it into next season without a suspension, I will be very impressed. Right now he is a cancer to this team!

steelreserve
10-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Right now I don't care if he's traded, not traded, suspended, not suspended ... it's all the same. We're not getting any production out of him anyway at the moment, so we wouldn't be "missing" anything.

Before the season, my thoughts were that it'd be great if Bryant was back to his old self, but we couldn't count on that. Any contribution we got from him would be a bonus. Because after a year-plus out of the game entirely, he's right back to being a question mark just like on draft day. Yes, we've seen that he COULD make plays at the NFL level - but that may have nothing to do anymore with whether he CAN make plays at the NFL level.

Honestly he has not looked the same by a longshot. Communication, chemistry, whatever - I just don't see him getting open very often. His speed both before and after the catch was his calling card - but he doesn't look like he's as fast. If one of those is the issue, and not something to do with "getting your head in the game," then that's a much bigger problem. I hope it's just something that takes adjustments. But things change fast, and they can change a LOT in a year or two. I'm glad we gave ourselves options.

Regardless of how this turns out, I have a hard time envisioning Bryant in Pittsburgh past the end of his rookie contract, if he even makes it that far.

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 05:07 AM
Not a team player, sorry his ass has to go.You win and are still pissed. You should be commending and praising your team mates not saying shit sbout them on social media. Fuck his "potential". You were suspended for a year and now pull this shit where you should be proud you are still able to play...que up the post game mike singletary comments...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Count Steeler
10-23-2017, 05:13 AM
He has to get his head straight. I suspect he is in the mind set of "See, I'm off drugs, I should be rewarded", instead of realizing that being off drugs is the baseline. He has probably put in a lot of effort to get off drugs and to stay off drugs, however, that does not translate into targets and working hard on the field. He has to take the next step of recovery and realize, while it may seem Herculean to him, he has to work hard in 2 aspects of his life.
1. Stay clean.
2. Work your ass off to play NFL football.

Accomplishing #1 is the reward in itself. Accomplishing #2 will translate to targets and career success.

Butch
10-23-2017, 05:21 AM
I would rather see them feed Smith-Schuster (the future) than to feed a guy who may be suspended at the wink of an eye. You would think that someone who was suspended for a year would be out there doing everything he can to elevate his game rather than trying to tear down teammates, count your blessings that you are even on an NFL roster and work to get better.

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 05:32 AM
I would rather see them feed Smith-Schuster (the future) than to feed a guy who may be suspended at the wink of an eye. You would think that someone who was suspended for a year would be out there doing everything he can to elevate his game rather than trying to tear down teammates, count your blessings that you are even on an NFL roster and work to get better.Amen...great post

BlackAndGold
10-23-2017, 05:53 AM
Maybe they should consider trading him? Because this is getting ridiculous, trashing teammates on social media... this situation is becoming cancerous.

I just have no idea what they could get for him. Would the Skins trade Pryor for Bryant straight up?

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 06:04 AM
suspend him for 4 games and trade him on a bad team with a bad QB in the offseason.

teegre
10-23-2017, 06:31 AM
An objective look...

PROS:
-He is cheap. He is on a R4 rookie contract for this season and next season. It costs us almost nothing to see if he pans out (or not).

-He has a high, high ceiling. He was a #1 playing a #2 role, and his production was insane. He could regain form at any point.

-We would not garner much from trading him.

CONS:
-He is headed straight towards another suspension. His low self esteem (which is my dime store analysis of his current mental state) will indeed lead to a relapse.

-He feels entitled. He thinks that just because he is now off of drugs that the world “owes” him something. You earn everything in life (including targets), and it starts by trying hard in practice.

-He is taking zero ownership. He is throwing everyone else under the bus for his lack of targets; maybe it is justified, but him not even turning to locate a deep ball is indicative of him not being a part of his own solution. JuJu has fewer targets, but somehow has outperformed him.

-Similar to the last point, he feels that he got off of drugs “on his own” and that no one helped him. The Steelers have been extremely patient with him, and admittedly, they aren’t 100% altruistic (they know how good he can be); still, the way he talks about the organization is very much like a 16 year old who doesn’t appreciate their free house & board they receive.

-Twitter. Ugh. At least Bell tries to be funny (while he often goes over the top), but Bell is not derisive like Bryant is. Bryant is moments away from imploding.

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 07:46 AM
I assume this is the agent

"He wants out," a source close to Bryant said. "Point blank."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21122232/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-wants-source-affirms

Ben explains how getting more playing time works

He appreciates Smith-Schuster’s big plays a lot more than his touchdown celebrations. It’s not just Smith-Schuster’s catches. It’s his work in the run game. “The dirty work,” Roethlisberger called it.

Smith-Schuster played a part in Bell’s 134-yard rushing day against the Bengals just as he did in Bell’s 179-yard game a week earlier in Kansas City.

“Part of the reason Martavis’ snap count has gone down is the effort in the run game by JuJu,” Roethlisberger said. “He’s done some big-time things.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/10/23/Ron-Cook-Juju-Smith-Schuster-Steelers-touchdown-end-zone-celebrations-Le-Veon-Bell-Martavis-Bryant/stories/201710230090

But no worries - Ben will calm this down on his Tuesday morning radio appearance

:rolleyes:

Butch
10-23-2017, 08:00 AM
I assume this is the agent

"He wants out," a source close to Bryant said. "Point blank."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21122232/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-wants-source-affirms

Ben explains how getting more playing time works

He appreciates Smith-Schuster’s big plays a lot more than his touchdown celebrations. It’s not just Smith-Schuster’s catches. It’s his work in the run game. “The dirty work,” Roethlisberger called it.

Smith-Schuster played a part in Bell’s 134-yard rushing day against the Bengals just as he did in Bell’s 179-yard game a week earlier in Kansas City.

“Part of the reason Martavis’ snap count has gone down is the effort in the run game by JuJu,” Roethlisberger said. “He’s done some big-time things.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/10/23/Ron-Cook-Juju-Smith-Schuster-Steelers-touchdown-end-zone-celebrations-Le-Veon-Bell-Martavis-Bryant/stories/201710230090

But no worries - Ben will calm this down on his Tuesday morning radio appearance

:rolleyes:

So you are putting this on Ben??? I have no problem with anything Ben said. He is giving credit the JuJu and at same time explaining to the press why Bryant's targets have gone down. If Bryant wants more targets then he needs to prove himself worthy...like catching long passes thrown his way. Hell he didn't even put out an effort to reach for it, and stop trying to blame others for everything wrong in your life.

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 08:14 AM
So you are putting this on Ben??? I have no problem with anything Ben said. He is giving credit the JuJu and at same time explaining to the press why Bryant's targets have gone down. If Bryant wants more targets then he needs to prove himself worthy...like catching long passes thrown his way. Hell he didn't even put out an effort to reach for it, and stop trying to blame others for everything wrong in your life.

No

I am not putting this on Ben - I am observing that over the years Ben has used his Tuesday morning radio appearance to stir the pot

This year has featured calling out AB after the Ravens game and commenting on Bryant's agent & girlfriend last week

I agree with Ben's postgame comments - that is why I posted them

zulater
10-23-2017, 08:21 AM

Conditional 6th would be the ceiling imo. You still have 9 games to try to find this guy again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWeI5HfL7Fc

cubanstogie
10-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Look none of us fans want to give up on him yet. The social media out burst needs to stop after these games and specially when we win.
I do, I actually gave up on him last week after his behavior. You only get so many chances. All martavis is going to be is wasted talent. He is big and fast but zero heart. Last week we could have got a 4th round, now probably a sixth. I would now take a fifth

Iron Steeler
10-23-2017, 09:03 AM
An objective look...

PROS:
-He is cheap. He is on a R4 rookie contract for this season and next season. It costs us almost nothing to see if he pans out (or not).

-He has a high, high ceiling. He was a #1 playing a #2 role, and his production was insane. He could regain form at any point.

CONS:
-He is headed straight towards another suspension. His low self esteem (which is my dime store analysis of his current mental state) will indeed lead to a relapse.

-He feels entitled. He thinks that just because he is now off of drugs that the world “owes” him something. You earn everything in life (including targets), and it starts by trying hard in practice.

-He is taking zero ownership. He is throwing everyone else under the bus for his lack of targets; maybe it is justified, but him not even turning to locate a deep ball is indicative of him not being a part of his own solution. JuJu has fewer targets, but somehow has outperformed him.

-Similar to the last point, he feels that he got off of drugs “on his own” and that no one helped him. The Steelers have been extremely patient with him, and admittedly, they aren’t 100% altruistic (they know how good he can be); still, the way he talks about the organization is very much like a 16 year old who doesn’t appreciate their free house & board they receive.

-Twitter. Ugh. At least Bell tries to be funny (while he often goes over the top), but Bell is not derisive like Bryant is. Bryant is moments away from imploding.

1. Physicality: Bryant does not play to his size. Blessed with size at WR but won't see him win any "combat catches" (Tomlinism). Bryant seems awfully easy to bring down at 6'5 215-225 . JuJu is smaller although made a college career over the middle and being physical.
2. Speed: Bryant has 4.3 speed, another amazing attribute. Although it seems the only 2 routes he has been doing is a bubble screen or a fly route. "one trick pony" (Tomlinism) But this may very well be play calling which he doesn't have much control over.
3. Route Running: Sub par at best, although could be do to the play calling again.

My Concerns:

1.I don't want to think that Ben feels had to force feed him now to keep him happy since Ben is trying to get his own mojo back.
2. I really hope Bryant doesn't mentally shut down and relapse.
3. I hope that he does not become a cancer like Blount in the locker room. And get released and picked up by the Pats

tube517
10-23-2017, 09:16 AM
An objective look...

PROS:

CONS:

Another CON:
He doesn't block and Juju does. A big reason Juju is getting more snaps.

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Why every player who wears the 10 with the steelers has a big ego?

At least Holmes helped the steelers to win a super bowl.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-23-2017, 10:28 AM
I do, I actually gave up on him last week after his behavior. You only get so many chances. All martavis is going to be is wasted talent. He is big and fast but zero heart. Last week we could have got a 4th round, now probably a sixth. I would now take a fifth

I never gave up, I just never counted on him being a Steeler that long, after I read his CNNSI article back in the summer. In that article he still seemed self absorbed and didn't appear to care about his teammates.

He's on a cheap contract and has potential, so hopefully somebody offers a 5th round pick or better for him. Otherwise, he is on the roster until the end of the season.
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-losers-assemble-in-small-groups-complain-winners-assemble-as-a-team-find-ways-to-win-bill-parcells-85-12-02.jpg

Mojouw
10-23-2017, 10:28 AM
This is kind of a non-story IMHO.

Bryant is under contract super cheap - so no incentive for trade there.

He looked bad on the deep ball yesterday, but he also blocked hard on several other plays and did not appear to quit on routes from the TV broadcast. So his unhappiness is not coming out on the field yet -- so no incentive for trade there.

I think the best thing to do is to maybe sit him down for a game or two. Like his rookie year. Just give him some time away from it. I believe that Bryant's fears, frustrations, and total inability to deal with adversity are conspiring to prevent him from using his natural physical gifts on the field. Also, until he learns how to run routes over the middle...

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 11:02 AM

He looked bad on the deep ball yesterday, but he also blocked hard on several other plays and did not appear to quit on routes from the TV broadcast. So his unhappiness is not coming out on the field yet -- so no incentive for trade there.

I think the best thing to do is to maybe sit him down for a game or two. Like his rookie year. Just give him some time away from it. I believe that Bryant's fears, frustrations, and total inability to deal with adversity are conspiring to prevent him from using his natural physical gifts on the field. Also, until he learns how to run routes over the middle...

In addition to having him under a cheap contract through 2018, no team wants to reward a player for acting out - that simply encourages other unhappy players to pull the same stunt

Steelers traded Holmes for less than market value after he allegedly was disruptive through 2009 and was going into the last year of his initial contract, but that happened after Holmes failed another pot test and the Steelers had image issues at the time due to Ben's Georgia allegations

Blount engineering his release to get to New England clearly impressed Bryant - difference there was I think Steelers thought Blount was a bad influence on Bell & Bryant whereas Bryant seems to be on his own - doubtful JuJu will be hanging with Bryant

If it has not happened already Tomlin needs to chat with Bryant and someone in the front office needs to tell the agent to cut the crap

steelreserve
10-23-2017, 11:03 AM
PROS:

CONS:

IMO most of the "cons" point not to a guy with low self-esteem, but to someone with an ego as big as the sky. But same difference; he will stay away from the pipe only as long as it suits him. He has a breakout performance and finishes the year strong, I'm 99% certain he will think he's invincible and fail another drug test within about 4 minutes. Different reason, same result.

A shame, because all of the "pros" are just as true.

Agree, I don't think there's anything urgent about to happen here. The obvious move is to wait and see if he regains his past form. If he doesn't, then there's really nothing to talk about. The only way anything changes in the near future is if he becomes such an asshole that it's a problem to the team and we deactivate him. Or if he gets suspended again. He has no way of forcing our hand in the meantime, just hurting himself. Do we have a munching-popcorn smiley?

Moose
10-23-2017, 11:03 AM
This guy is getting to be a pain in the ass and a 'cancer' in the locker room. Putting down JuJu who's playing great football is a low blow to his teammates. Bryant hasn't done anything to be a team player, and seems unappreciative to how the team stood with him while his life was 'up in smoke' so to speak. I say trade him to the browns ! LOL.

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Lets face it...weed was/is his confidence and without it hes a broken down kid. Until he grows up and assumes responsibility and not think he is owed anything then hes not gonna achieve the "potential". Its a shame a 20 year old kid (juju) comes in and shows how its done professionally. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that watt and JuJu are the 2 best draft picks we have seen in years. Im really high on both...I dont see any problem with either attitude wise just hope they stay healthy. Both ceilings are very high!!

- - - Updated - - -

Lets face it...weed was/is his confidence and without it hes a broken down kid. Until he grows up and assumes responsibility and not think he is owed anything then hes not gonna achieve the "potential". Its a shame a 20 year old kid (juju) comes in and shows how its done professionally. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that watt and JuJu are the 2 best draft picks we have seen in years. Im really high on both...I dont see any problem with either attitude wise just hope they stay healthy. Both ceilings are very high!! Of course Im excluding Bell and Brown...Bell is damn good but has had issues as well. Brown is damn good as well but any off the field issues you are not gonna see it with JuJu and watt...imho of course.

steel striker
10-23-2017, 11:17 AM
It's just about time to cut ties with Bryant and, he could be a nice weapon. It seems he does not get open enough and, not a good route runner either. Maybe I'm wrong then he complains to the media about Ju Ju unreal! Smith makes plays blocks does everything the Steelers ask.

Born2Steel
10-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Bryant, real football player or not, is a downfield threat. You use him to take the top off by sending him deep. We have been doing this now for a long time. It doesn't matter if he can catch(see Coates or Wallace), run routes, or if he acts like a baby after games. This is his job in simplest form; you go deep. The offense runs on Bell, AB, and JuJu. If it's not Bryant, it would be Hunter or DHB. Same role.

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 12:05 PM
Bryant's flaws are clear for everyone to see, he doesn't have pretty white teeth to hide behind. I'm not giving up on him yet.

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Martavis Bryant has officially become a problem

On the outside, it’s easy — and understandable — to assume that the guys on the actual team are getting tired of it. It just might not be correct. At minimum, it’s not completely right; there are players in that locker room, and you can write this in tattoo ink, who do not care. At all. They’ve laughed about all this, whether it’s LeVeon Bell’s contract, or Antonio Brown’s Gatorade jug, or Ben Roethlisberger’s weekly radio confessionals (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/25/ben-roethlisberger-steelers-national-anthem-protest-al-villanueva/stories/201709250153). :chuckle: ... this one feels a little different...

It’s also a textbook case of that ugly NFL calculus, where the “distractions” a player creates are acceptable in direct proportion to his productivity. The more valuable you are, the more trouble you can start. Going back a little, that’s why James Harrison stuck around and why Cedrick Wilson is the answer to a trivia question....

Maybe it’s as simple as telling him to stay off social media, like they did after Mike Mitchell slid into the DMs and told some rando to kill themselves (https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/18/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-mitchell-twitter).

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/martavis-bryant-instagram-juju-smith-schuster-steelers-trade-rumors/stories/201710230127

BlackAndGold
10-23-2017, 12:25 PM
I'm just throwing ideas around, but wonder if the Skins would trade Pryor for Bryant? Pryor is a FA after the year but he'd bring back size and speed.

I don't care for trading Bryant for a pick, it's a player for player for me.

BlackAndGold
10-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Bryant did not show up for the required meeting. Called in sick per a teammate.

He's gone.

tube517
10-23-2017, 12:36 PM

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Bryant did not show up for the required meeting. Called in sick per a teammate.

He's gone.

I recall he also was "sick" around the time he started missing drug tests - this will not end well

Blowing off meetings probably is clear grounds for a suspension while acting out on twitter/instagram may not be - hit him where it hurts - in the wallet

BlackAndGold
10-23-2017, 12:40 PM
I recall he also was "sick" around the time he started missing drug tests - this will not end well

I don't see how he is not traded. I see no point in suspending him, he is clearly being a distraction and doesn't want to be here.

Move him.

Mojouw
10-23-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't see how he is not traded. I see no point in suspending him, he is clearly being a distraction and doesn't want to be here.

Move him.

You don't reward tantrums. You do not reward pouting.

Suspend and fine. The only language most of these guys truly understand. Then give him clear (monosyllable maybe?) objectives to get back on the field.

No way I trade the guy. That just says that any dipshittery and asshattery will be not only tolerated but rewarded.

Everyone around here talks about discipline. This is an actual test of discipline and everyone's gut reaction is to duck it?

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 12:46 PM

Move him.

As posted above, doing that rewards the behavior - same practice as Steelers not doing new contracts for anyone other than the franchise QB until before the last year on contract - once you do it for one player
the dam breaks

As also posted above, there are not teams lining up to give anything valuable for him

Steelers will do what is in their self-interest and do not care if Bryant wants out - right now he has minimal trade value - if he wants out play your way out by performing so someone gives more than a 6th or 7th round pick for you

tube517
10-23-2017, 12:50 PM

Blowing off meetings probably is clear grounds for a suspension while acting out on twitter/instagram may not be - hit him where it hurts - in the wallet

Juju showing more maturity than most rookies/young players show. This guy is going to be special.

BlackAndGold
10-23-2017, 12:50 PM
Maybe I just view this situation different since I watched and seen him at Clemson. He has always been a "me first" person. Tired of hearing about him other than his play on the field.

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 12:55 PM

Juju showing more maturity than most rookies/young players show. This guy is going to be special.

Agreed - I of course slammed the pick when JuJu was selected because a DB was not picked instead - Colbert might know what he is doing

tube517
10-23-2017, 01:11 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/martavis-bryant-trade-rumors-steelers/stories/201710230145

“I just wish he were here to answer his own questions,’’ said veteran guard Ramon Foster, the team’s union representative. “I’m over that.”

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Agreed - I of course slammed the pick when JuJu was selected because a DB was not picked instead - Colbert might know what he is doing

Just maybe.

Considering Cobi Hamilton was the #2 WR on the roster at the end of last season and premium picks were already made on Burns and Davis last year, I thought the Ju Ju pick was somewhat predictable. I wonder what the odds are that Bryant is on the active roster going forward. Personally I put the over/under at week 12.

Shoes
10-23-2017, 01:31 PM
I expect Bryant to work his butt off, he must if he wants to stay in the NFL.

86WARD
10-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Skipping out on morning meetings isn’t really working his butt off though...but maybe he really was “sick”.

I smell a suspension coming at some point...

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 01:37 PM

Juju showing more maturity than most rookies/young players show. This guy is going to be special.Amen...said this same thing earlier

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Skipping out on morning meetings isn’t really working his butt off though...but maybe he really was “sick”.

I smell a suspension coming at some point...Hes dope sick...i bet he has a relapse

Shoes
10-23-2017, 01:38 PM

When did he do that?

Never mind I just saw it above.

Shoes
10-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Conditional 6th would be the ceiling imo. You still have 9 games to try to find this guy again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWeI5HfL7Fc

If he go's home at night and looks long and kindly at his children, I believe that guy will be back. But it all depends on what he loves most.

steelreserve
10-23-2017, 01:46 PM

Suspend and fine. The only language most of these guys truly understand. Then give him clear (monosyllable maybe?) objectives to get back on the field.

No way I trade the guy. That just says that any dipshittery and asshattery will be not only tolerated but rewarded.

Everyone around here talks about discipline. This is an actual test of discipline and everyone's gut reaction is to duck it?

That's what we did with Blount, and it was also the wrong move then. I wonder if Bryant is somehow drawing inspiration from that?

It also strikes me as no coincidence that our three guys with failed drug tests over the past couple years are also the only three guys who have been bitching publicly about playing time and contracts. Perhaps there's a certain me-first mentality that lends itself to both. At any rate, it would be wise not to feed it.

There is no benefit to the team if we dump Bryant for pennies on the dollar, and it is no skin off our back to deactivate or suspend him; he's not producing anyway. Not to mention, letting him sit on the bench and be mad is better than having him catch touchdowns for the Patriots, where he would be pretty much guaranteed to end up no matter what we did. Once he's out of our hands, we have NO control over it.

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 01:49 PM

Puts in perspective Bryant missing several other practices this month

It’s not the first time Bryant called in “sick.” Two weeks in a row he missed practices with what the Steelers said was an illness. They also came after he or his camp had asked for a trade.

Ramon Foster clearly has heard enough

“He can’t leave us here to answer, is how I feel about it,’’ Foster said. “I feel like last week we kind of pushed it aside and then you double down on it? Not cool from a teammate perspective.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/martavis-bryant-trade-rumors-steelers/stories/201710230145

The focus has been on Bryant's comments about JuJu but this play for sympathy/victim status also is noteworthy

ain’t nobody did nothing to get me back I worked my ass off to get myself back with no help and little support period

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/Steelers-Martavis-Bryant-takes-to-Twitter-complain-rip-rookie-teammate-JuJu-Smith-Schuster/stories/201710230102

This is more than a player management spat - Bryant appears to have lost the locker room if Foster is calling him out

tube517
10-23-2017, 01:59 PM

teegre
10-23-2017, 02:14 PM
1. Physicality: Bryant does not play to his size. Blessed with size at WR but won't see him win any "combat catches" (Tomlinism). Bryant seems awfully easy to bring down at 6'5 215-225 . JuJu is smaller although made a college career over the middle and being physical.
2. Speed: Bryant has 4.3 speed, another amazing attribute. Although it seems the only 2 routes he has been doing is a bubble screen or a fly route. "one trick pony" (Tomlinism) But this may very well be play calling which he doesn't have much control over.
3. Route Running: Sub par at best, although could be do to the play calling again.

1 & 2 are why he's even kept around.

3 is why he isn't getting targets.

zulater
10-23-2017, 02:21 PM
Todays "sick out" is a game changer. Your options are now more clear. Suspend him ( wont be easy with the NFLPA to consider) take away his helmet ( deactivate) or release him. Given his history you wouldn't get a bag of used kicking tees for him in a trade. So that's off the table. If it hasn't happened already you can bet an NFL tester is on his way to Bryant's house. Even if he passes that test given his history of mental health issues he's a huge question mark from the standpoint of off field stability. As far as cutting him. No way. If this is a calculated move to get released ala LaGarrette Blount, don't reward him. He's only getting 700k, deactivate him for the season if need be. If he's willing to apologize to his teammates and coaches and promises to fly right the rest of the way give him another chance in a couple weeks. But you can't play him next week! Wouldn't be fair to his teammates.

teegre
10-23-2017, 02:22 PM

Unless you trade him to the Browns... that's the equivalent of corporal punishment.

hawaiiansteeler
10-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Unless you trade him to the Browns... that's the equivalent of corporal punishment.

that would be against the law, the Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits imposing such cruel and unusual punishment...

teegre
10-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Todays "sick out" is a game changer. Your options are now more clear. Suspend him ( wont be easy with the NFLPA to consider) take away his helmet ( deactivate) or release him. Given his history you wouldn't get a bag of used kicking tees for him in a trade. So that's off the table. If it hasn't happened already you can bet an NFL tester is on his way to Bryant's house. Even if he passes that test given his history of mental health issues he's a huge question mark from the standpoint of off field stability. As far as cutting him. No way. If this is a calculated move to get released ala LaGarrette Blount, don't reward him. He's only getting 700k, deactivate him for the season if need be. If he's willing to apologize to his teammates and coaches and promises to fly right the rest of the way give him another chance in a couple weeks. But you can't play him next week! Wouldn't be fair to his teammates.

Ramon Foster's response is equally as telling.

I foresee Bryant not dressing on Sunday. Then, he'll have the bye week to "figure it out."

zulater
10-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Unless you trade him to the Browns... that's the equivalent of corporal punishment.:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

43Hitman
10-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Hey didn't he and Coates have some beef too? Perfect place for him to be..:lol:

86WARD
10-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Wouldn’t be difficult to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. He’s “skipping” practice and meetings. He’s bitching publicly about the team and teammates. The only thing he hasn’t done yet...sit ups in the driveway.

You can’t just outright release him.

A. Its what he wants.
B. You don’t want him to go to a contender to help them.

He’s got talent, we’ve all seen it. His head just isn’t on straight at the moment and you don’t want to see him land on a team like KC and help them over the hump.

tube517
10-23-2017, 02:43 PM
Wouldn’t be difficult to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. He’s “skipping” practice and meetings. He’s bitching publicly about the team and teammates. The only thing he hasn’t done yet...sit ups in the driveway.

A. Its what he wants.

He’s got talent, we’ve all seen it. His head just isn’t on straight at the moment and you don’t want to see him land on a team like KC and help them over the hump.

QFT

steel striker
10-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Well Bryant might be in Tomlin's doghouse now!

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 02:46 PM
you don’t want to see him land on a team like KC and help them over the hump.

Forget KC - Sean Gentile of the P-G gives everyone's nightmare scenario

The Steelers shouldn’t cut him, unless they’re cool with him catching two touchdowns for the Patriots in the 2018 AFC championship. That’d be inevitable.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/martavis-bryant-instagram-juju-smith-schuster-steelers-trade-rumors/stories/201710230127

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Cowherd was right when he said that steelers have a lot of ego in their locker room, but no one is at the level of Martavis Bryant.Suspend him!

But at least Tomlin is very good at managing the egos!

zulater
10-23-2017, 03:02 PM

A. Its what he wants.

:iagree:

steelreserve
10-23-2017, 03:04 PM

A. Its what he wants.

Here's the plan:

- Sit him on the bench / play him sparingly for the rest of the regular season

- If we play the Patriots in the postseason, outfit him with a $30,000 bong the Friday before the game, and modify his contract to include a lifetime supply of weed

- (Popeye spinach power-up music plays)

- Bryant has 800 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, and we win 128-16 and advance to the Super Bowl

- He fails a drug test the following Monday and isn't anybody's problem anymore

Brilliant!

DesertSteel
10-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Trade him for Coates... wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Simply take his helmet and give it to Hunter. Nuff said. In the offseason see if a trade can be worked.

SteelerFanInStl
10-23-2017, 04:48 PM
I'm officially done with Bryant now. And to think that I was excited to have him back this season. So much talk about how he was bigger, faster, etc. and he comes back expecting everything to just be handed to him as if he hadn't missed any time.

ALLD
10-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Bryant is an addict and cannot handle the pressure which he used to glide through in a cloud of smoke. He is irritable and his timing is off. He cannot develop social relationships. He needs a vacation and a couple of drinks.

hawaiiansteeler
10-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Bryant is an addict and cannot handle the pressure which he used to glide through in a cloud of smoke. He is irritable and his timing is off. He cannot develop social relationships. He needs a vacation and a couple of drinks.

and this:

http://i420.co.za/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/Big-joint-mno53slcoqu4pv9piy07xkst3km0x6mp5wa9rg28j0.png

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm officially done with Bryant now. And to think that I was excited to have him back this season. So much talk about how he was bigger, faster, etc. and he comes back expecting everything to just be handed to him as if he hadn't missed any time.Im with ya...JuJu is already more professional, mature and is the youngest in the league...bryant is one bong hit away and i see it happening very soon...lets face it, a lot of these athletes are dumber than a brick

86WARD
10-23-2017, 05:56 PM
The other thing is: Bryant has done whatbtimshiw he’s better than anyone in this team? Without looking, is Bryant Top-4 in receiving on this team? He’s probably behind Brown, Bell, JuJu and James?

Really what he needs to do is just shut up, work hard and make plays. People like him aren’t capable of it though. They live off the drama.

86WARD
10-23-2017, 05:58 PM
Forget KC - Sean Gentile of the P-G gives everyone's nightmare scenario

The Steelers shouldn’t cut him, unless they’re cool with him catching two touchdowns for the Patriots in the 2018 AFC championship. That’d be inevitable.

Would the Patriots want that mess though? Cooks, Amendola, Hogan and Gronk? They wouldn’t really need them but I might be able to see it...

Bottom line is you let him rot if you can’t get anything for him or dictate where he will go...anything else is poor GM-ing.

cubanstogie
10-23-2017, 06:47 PM
I realize you want to like him thats obvious, but the guy doesn't have IT. He is a natural stud athlete who doesn't understand to stay on top or in his case get to top you have to work your ass off as well has have phenomenal skills. IMO its a waste to even give him touches. He is not going to be number one option on this team ever. He might be happy every few games but not on a consistent basis. Heyward Bey or Hunter could be the deep threat. Its not like any of the three have great hands. I would trade him for a Tight End. I know thats not gonna happen with the acquisition of MCdonald, but a good TE would be better than whining third option receiver. Its a good problem to have, to many guys with talent and not enough touches to go around, unfortunately he doesn't understand that concept. I get he wants a big contract but his time will come. Shit Kenny Britt is making 8-9 mill I think. Look what miami payed Wallace. I hope every time I log on to espn website I will see he has been traded.

Iron Steeler
10-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Just keep jim off the Pats roster

cubanstogie
10-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Trade him for Coates... wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Simply take his helmet and give it to Hunter. Nuff said. In the offseason see if a trade can be worked.
100 percent agree with this. Lets see if Hunter comes out hungry and I bet he'll appreciate 2 touches a game.

GBMelBlount
10-23-2017, 06:53 PM

Agreed.

Born2Steel
10-23-2017, 06:58 PM

He is the 'decoy' most plays. We could be doing the same thing with Hunter or DHB if Bryant doesn't want to play any more. He gets on the field, he gets to run his routes, he gets a chance to prove that he can beat his guy. If he gets open downfield consistently, believe he will be getting some targets. If not, he's this year's Coates.

Shoes
10-23-2017, 07:05 PM
UPDATE: Bryant’s agent says Bryant went to the doctor today.

UPDATE 2: The Steelers are not expected to discipline Bryant and certainly have no plans to trade him before the NFL’s Oct. 31 deadline to do so, a source said, according to (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/martavis-bryant-trade-rumors-steelers/stories/201710230145) Bouchette.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/bouchette-martavis-bryant-missed-team-meetings-called-sick/

For those who would like to rid Bryant from the Steelers, what happens if Brown goes down, JuJu, Rogers? Do you feel better with Hunter, DHB at WR than Bryant? I don't.

Psycho Ward 86
10-23-2017, 07:18 PM
As much as I love Juju, hes not going to come anywhere near making up for the impact Martavis was supposed to have for us this season. Not even close, and that changes everything. Theres no reason we should be struggling to score a touchdown a quarter. We came into this season with most fans expecting similar production out of most areas of the offense except even more out of the tight ends and the receivers. Instead Ben and the Oline has taken a big step back, and pretty much just AB and Bell have been the constants. And to think, I felt strongly about Ben being a top MVP candidate before the season started

cubanstogie
10-23-2017, 07:23 PM

UPDATE 2: The Steelers are not expected to discipline Bryant and certainly have no plans to trade him before the NFL’s Oct. 31 deadline to do so, a source said, according to (http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/martavis-bryant-trade-rumors-steelers/stories/201710230145) Bouchette.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/bouchette-martavis-bryant-missed-team-meetings-called-sick/

For those who would like to rid Bryant from the Steelers, what happens if Brown goes down, JuJu, Rogers? Do you feel better with Hunter, DHB at WR than Bryant? I don't.
I personally would like Hunter to get a chance. Its not like there will a drop in production. There has been no production the last year and a half from Bryant. You pose a good question though, if it were AB who went down Martavis would definitely be a better number one WR at this point. I still don't think you keep a cancer because your worried about a WR going down though. Unless they cant get a fifth round or better. I don't think you cut the guy yet. With that said I will be surprised if this is the end of his antics. What is his next play, a fight maybe. Calling out Ben.

ALLD
10-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Bryant's hands are nowhere as good as they were in the past. He needs to practice more and filter out all the other noise. A change of teams would probably not fix that either. He is probably still hearing voices in his head.

st33lersguy
10-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Tall Mike Wallace doesn't have 1/10th the heart or work ethic of Juju. Also despite being 5 years older, Tall Mike Wallace is far less mature

Butch
10-23-2017, 07:32 PM

He gave up on the team yesterday and it was evident in the long pass where he didn't even attempt to catch it. If he even sticks his hands out the ball is right there. At 1st I thought maybe he was held but he wasn't it was just a plain lack of effort.

Right now I'll take anyone on this team over him. At least with the others I don't have to question their effort or where their mind is. Bryant is a head case.

Shoes
10-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Tall Mike Wallace doesn't have 1/10th the heart or work ethic of Juju. Also despite being 5 years older, Tall Mike Wallace is far less mature

I don't follow the JuJu-Bryant comparison. I see them as two totally different receivers. So your ok with DHB over Bryant?

Shoes
10-23-2017, 07:45 PM
He gave up on the team yesterday and it was evident in the long pass where he didn't even attempt to catch it. If he even sticks his hands out the ball is right there. At 1st I thought maybe he was held but he wasn't it was just a plain lack of effort.

Right now I'll take anyone on this team over him. At least with the others I don't have to question their effort or where their mind is. Bryant is a head case.

You couldn't have been a Coates fan then. :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 07:48 PM

Well if the agent says that is what happened that settles it :chuckle:

The linked Bouchette article notes that Bryant has been "sick" and missed practice several times this month after the agent asked for a trade - perish the thought there is any relationship between recurring illnesses and the trade request

Bryant's biggest problem now may be his teammates apparently are sick of his bullshit

Will be interesting to see whether this is addressed tomorrow during what the P-G describes as Ben's Tuesday morning radio "confessionals" - maybe someone will persuade Ben to say that is a matter for Bryant and Tomlin to address

Shoes
10-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Well if the agent says that is what happened that settles it :chuckle:

The linked Bouchette article notes that Bryant has been "sick" and missed practice several times this month after the agent asked for a trade - perish the thought there is any relationship between recurring illnesses and the trade request

Bryant's biggest problem now may be his teammates apparently are sick of his bullshit

Will be interesting to see whether this is addressed tomorrow during what the P-G describes as Ben's Tuesday morning radio "confessionals" - maybe someone will persuade Ben to say that is a matter for Bryant and Tomlin to address

Can't imagine it's worse than Ben's early days. I just hope this all works out for the good of the Steelers and Bryant.

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 08:34 PM
Personally i hope ben just doesnt say anything about it...let it hopefully work itself out. I think ben dont throw to him much cause I dont think he trusts him. He catches with his body and not his hands, he falls down easy. He needs to be working on the juggs machine and learn to catch more with his hands or let brown teach him. Brown probably ranks top 3 of the best hands ive ever seen on a wide receiver

hawaiiansteeler
10-23-2017, 08:35 PM
I think ben dont throw to him much cause I dont think he trusts him.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/U7Cl98FIM_vgLsejtI_LrEHVO38=/0x0:342x411/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:342x411):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9513583/ohhhhhhhh.0.gif

SteelMayhem72
10-23-2017, 08:38 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/U7Cl98FIM_vgLsejtI_LrEHVO38=/0x0:342x411/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:342x411):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9513583/ohhhhhhhh.0.gifLove it...lol..[emoji23]

teegre
10-23-2017, 08:41 PM
Personally i hope ben just doesnt say anything about it...let it hopefully work itself out. I think ben dont throw to him much cause I dont think he trusts him. He catches with his body and not his hands, he falls down easy. He needs to be working on the juggs machine and learn to catch more with his hands or let brown teach him. Brown probably ranks top 3 of the best hands ive ever seen on a wide receiver

This is so, so true.

If I had a choice between throwing to AB or throwing to Bryant, I’m choosing AB 99.9% of the time.

vader29
10-23-2017, 09:23 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM3NKniW0AAzCvl.jpg

tube517
10-23-2017, 09:26 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM3NKniW0AAzCvl.jpg

Todd Haley is the principal. :lol:

http://i52.tinypic.com/c017t.jpg

86WARD
10-23-2017, 10:02 PM
I’d like to see Bryant straighten his shit out and get right. I’ve always liked him since before Pittsburgh drafted him. I was a big advocate of them taking him...actually thought they should’ve taken him a round earlier. He’s got the talent, he just needs to get his head and game straight.

If they did trade him, I think a place like Detroit, Giants or New Orleans would be nice landing spots for him. Having said that, I’d rather see him shut his mouth, do his talking on the field and stay with the Steelers for a long time...but I guess we’ll see what happens. Maybe the guy really was ill and the media is trying to stir up drama...

Devilsdancefloor
10-23-2017, 10:44 PM
take his helmet let hunter play. he is under contract for 2 years since he had his year suspension. let him rot in sweats on the sideline. Ill lay money that his baby momma is the cause of this drama, but let him rot as far as i am concerned i am sure hunter would LOVE a chance to play

smokin3000gt
10-23-2017, 11:00 PM

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Trade him to the browns so we can kick his teeth in twice a year and watch him suffer at the same time

hawaiiansteeler
10-24-2017, 03:10 AM
Tim Benz: Steelers should bench Martavis Bryant, not trade him

TIM BENZ | Monday, Oct. 23, 2017

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/12867290-74/tim-benz-steelers-should-bench-bryant-not-trade-him

teegre
10-24-2017, 06:31 AM
Tim Benz: Steelers should bench Martavis Bryant, not trade him

TIM BENZ | Monday, Oct. 23, 2017

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/12867290-74/tim-benz-steelers-should-bench-bryant-not-trade-him

Nailed it.

Deactivate him.
Activate Deebo.
Everyone is happy.

Really. BB, AB, & Bell plus the O-line equals 8/11 starting spots. JuJu is obviously 9. While I disagree that Hunter replaces Bryant (that’s swapping “possibly failed talent” with “already failed talent”), Rogers and McDonsld make 10 & 11. (Note: Nix would be 10 or 11 in a lot of formations.)

Rogers, despite the punt fumble, has outperformed Bryant. No, Rogers does not demand the respect of defenses like Bryant does, but at least he produces. Likewise, McDonald has had too many drops, but at least he tried and/or actually got his hands on the ball.

Like I stated earlier, deactivate Bryant for the Lions game... and let him stew about it for the bye week. If he comes back motivated, he gets a helmet on game day; if he complains, deactivate him for every game until he “gets it”.

pczach
10-24-2017, 07:08 AM
Nailed it.

Deactivate him.
Activate Deebo.
Everyone is happy.

Really. BB, AB, & Bell plus the O-line equals 8/11 starting spots. JuJu is obviously 9. While I disagree that Hunter replaces Bryant (that’s swapping “possibly failed talent” with “already failed talent”), Rogers and McDonsld make 10 & 11. (Note: Nix would be 10 or 11 in a lot of formations.)

Rogers, despite the punt fumble, has outperformed Bryant. No, Rogers does not demand the respect of defenses like Bryant does, but at least he produces. Likewise, McDonald has had too many drops, but at least he tried and/or actually got his hands on the ball.

Like I stated earlier, deactivate Bryant for the Lions game... and let him stew about it for the bye week. If he comes back motivated, he gets a helmet on game day; if he complains, deactivate him for every game until he “gets it”.

It also wouldn't hurt to fine him for the "doctor visit". If the team wasn't notified and he didn't follow protocol, remind him of how much money he has already lost and how little he is making. Once they make it clear that he is going nowhere, I think his motivations could change and he will fall in line.

Losing playing time and some money with no chance of escaping may stop the bullshit. However, with his weak mind and his amazing powers of decision making.......

AtlantaDan
10-24-2017, 07:45 AM
This video link of ESPN reporter discussing her conversation with Bryant

Talks to Tomlin all the time but not about role in offense - "I've been keeping it inside" - may have that talk this week with the coaches

Play me "up to my capability or send me on my way"

If no changes will not re-sign after 2018

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21136110

LOL - with his suspension history Steelers were never going to give Bryant a long term deal - if he plays to his ability and puts up numbers some other team will overpay and take the risk the Steelers will not

Steeldude
10-24-2017, 09:25 AM
It is the me-attitude of players today. The NFL needs more players like Heath Miller.

BlackAndGold
10-24-2017, 09:51 AM
Tomlin does his weekly press conference today correct?

Can't wait to see what he has to say.

AtlantaDan
10-24-2017, 09:57 AM

tube517
10-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Ryan Shazier addresses Martavis Bryant trade request

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Ryan-Shazier-addresses-Martavis-Bryant-trade-request-109385950

“I understand he’s very frustrated," Shazier told the NFL Network "He wants the ball, but we have great receivers. I want more tackles. Sometimes, I might get because I don’t make a big play. I feel like I can get an interception every week. I feel like I can get a forced fumble every week. But if we’re getting three and outs every (drive), it’s not possible. That’s the same thing with the offense. Sometimes, you have people making plays and all the plays you’re expecting yourself to make might not be there.

"That’s the tough part about our job, tough part about our situation. That’s why when you get your opportunities, you gotta take full advantage of them and keep it going. At the end of the day, it’s a business, and if they don’t want you here, you’re not gonna be here."

Mojouw
10-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Just another example of these guys never really hear "NO" most of their lives and then the first time they face adversity they fall apart.

What Bryant does in the next 4 weeks or so is his true test. If, even though it came out in a flawed way, the air gets cleared and his play and actions improve -- then perhaps this will all be viewed as a troubled young man finding his way in his chosen profession.

If not, then he will be just another in a long line of knuckleheads.

polamalubeast
10-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Bryant acted like Terrell Owens on the field, even if he is not close to having the same production that Owens had in his career.

Also, Owens has never been in trouble off the field ....

- - - Updated - - -

For once, no controversy comments by Ben in his morning radio show ...

AtlantaDan
10-24-2017, 10:20 AM
For once, no controversy comments by Ben in his morning radio show ...

Which surprised me - props to Ben - Ben knows he can tear into AB and Brown can handle it but Bryant is nowhere near as emotionally tough

Ben addressed his disgruntled receiver and what he thinks about his latest actions. “I spoke with Tay [Martavis] yesterday a little bit on the phone. We’re going to talk tomorrow in person at the facility. I’m not going to speak too much on his frame of mind because honestly, these things like I said last week, they were surprising to me because I don’t see any of the pout, quit, anything from him on the field.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/10/24/ben-roethlisberger-surprised-by-martavis-bryant-comments-sees-different-player-on-field/

Ramon Foster more candid during his radio appearance this morning

Bryant is still a young guy in the league, so are the older veterans disappointed in his behavior this season?

“I don’t want to say disappointed in a sense, it’s just one of those things like, ‘Come on man, we’re better than that.’ If there’s an issue you can go directly to the source. Ben has an open door policy. You can continue to chirp in Ben’s ear like, ‘Hey, can you get me the ball? I want the ball. What do I need to do to get the ball? And I feel like that will be resolved. But, as I say also, with those types of demands and requests when given that opportunity you have to show and prove,” Foster said.

Over the past couple of weeks, there have been several reports suggesting Bryant is not happy in Pittsburgh and has requested a trade.

“If he truly does then maybe it’ll happen after the season, maybe. But also, the grass usually isn’t greener on the other side,” Foster said. “You can ask for a trade and things might seem fine and dandy, but having a stable quarterback is a big part of a franchise.”

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/10/24/ramon-foster-martavis-bryant-comments/

steelreserve
10-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Play me "up to my capability or send me on my way"

If no changes will not re-sign after 2018

lmao. You want them to make changes, you'll get that to happen with better play on the field, not with your mouth.

This fool obviously does not understand the concept of leverage. He is under contract for another year and a half. His big "threat" is that if they don't trade him, he'll just play out his contract and sign somewhere else, but the team is perfectly OK with that.

He has no way of forcing anyone to do anything for him, except - and this is likely a foreign concept to him - by earning it. Otherwise all he is doing is going from being an underperforming player, to being an underperforming player with an attitude and a big mouth.

tube517
10-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Snippets from Ben's radio show:

Ben said he spoke to Martavis yesterday and will talk some more to him tomorrow. Said he was surprised. Said he sees Bryant giving effort and is engaged on the sidelines.

Ben said he was proud of Juju for "taking the high road"

Ben told Martavis to talk to him, not just the coaches. Said he is a good teammate and needs to talk and figure it out.

Ben said Mondays are a "bonus workout day", whatever that means.

Ben said Martavis should have looked a little sooner (to see the ball coming out of Ben's hand) on that long pass. Says Martavis didn't see it so it looks like he had "no effort" but that wasn't the case.

Ben said he hasn't given up on Martavis.

He said he was frustrated w/that goal line play with the confusion. Just happy with the win.

Says the (non) handshake (Burfict) before the game was strange. Even if you hate the opponent, there is always a handshake. Doesn't see the same respect from the Bungles as he gets with the Ravens or other teams. Only talked to Dalton after the game. Other than that, didn't really want to talk to anyone else on their team.

AtlantaDan
10-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Says the (non) handshake (Burfict) before the game was strange. Even if you hate the opponent, there is always a handshake. Doesn't see the same respect from the Bungles as he gets with the Ravens or other teams. Only talked to Dalton after the game. Other than that, didn't really want to talk to anyone else on their team.

Thanks for the breakdown of Ben's comments this morning

Ben and the Steelers have contempt for the Bengals

AtlantaDan
10-24-2017, 10:44 AM
lmao. You want them to make changes, you'll get that to happen with better play on the field, not with your mouth.

This fool obviously does not understand the concept of leverage. He is under contract for another year and a half. His big "threat" is that if they don't trade him, he'll just play out his contract and sign somewhere else, but the team is perfectly OK with that.

He has no way of forcing anyone to do anything for him, except - and this is likely a foreign concept to him - by earning it. Otherwise all he is doing is going from being an underperforming player, to being an underperforming player with an attitude and a big mouth.

"I just want to be happy"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21136844/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-says-wants-traded-role-does-not-improve

Interesting phrase there. Bryant might have received some sort of counseling to bolster the self-esteem of someone with a substance abuse problem as part of the conditions required for reinstatement that in his twisted mind justifies acting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldAQ6Rh5ZI

Moose
10-24-2017, 10:51 AM
I originally said get rid of him, thinking he was becoming a cancer in the locker room, making negative comments on other player's, etc.. Then reading about him missing Monday's meeting because of being 'sick', even though there are doctor's in the facility on Monday's due to possible injuries from Sunday games. Then I also read some other articles, some of which made sense. New theory.... keep him. Don't give him what he wants with the possibility he goes to a team that could hurt us in the future. Keep his ass on the team, on the bench or maybe throw him in a game here or there that makes an extra threat to the opponent and helps our running game. If his crap continues, then because of his 'sickness' he may be having ( missing practice, meetings or whatever) you put him on IR and let it ride until the end of year. Then it's done and you can decide to trade or just set free. Which team is going to want him with 2/3 strikes already ?

BlackAndGold
10-24-2017, 11:06 AM
Bryant is not available via trade per Tomlin.

Sounds like there will be a punishment.

tube517
10-24-2017, 11:10 AM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mojouw
10-24-2017, 11:13 AM
More and more this seems like an individual that is struggling with mental health issues. Remember that the original explanation for the dope was Bryant was self medicating for depression.

Not saying this should serve as an excuse but it does explain things. Mood swings, focus issues, inappropriate outbursts etc.

Or maybe he's just a dipshit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelreserve
10-24-2017, 11:38 AM
More and more this seems like an individual that is struggling with mental health issues. Remember that the original explanation for the dope was Bryant was self medicating for depression.

Not saying this should serve as an excuse but it does explain things. Mood swings, focus issues, inappropriate outbursts etc.

Or maybe he's just a dipshit?

That would also serve as a reasonable explanation for all of those symptoms. And you know what they say about the simplest explanation being the most likely ...

86WARD
10-24-2017, 11:46 AM
It’s funny that the Bengals see this as a rivalry and the Steelers just look at it as something that they don’t want to use energy to be bothered with...lol.

tube517
10-24-2017, 12:00 PM

Bad week for Juju:

1. Bryant's instagram posts

2. In concussion protocol

3. Someone stole his bike

smokin3000gt
10-24-2017, 12:14 PM

I know what AB is trying to do to help his team mate get his bike back but I hate to see a piece of shit thief get rewarded for being a piece of shit

Count Steeler
10-24-2017, 12:21 PM

Bad week for Juju:

Check Bryant's locker for the bike.

ALLD
10-24-2017, 12:28 PM
The tickets should be given to the perp by James Harrison.

86WARD
10-24-2017, 12:32 PM
The video on Instagram where JuJu is walking to practice saying his bike was stolen is hilarious...

tube517
10-24-2017, 12:36 PM

Or Deebo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHJYVzEdbw :lol:

polamalubeast
10-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Or Deebo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHJYVzEdbw :lol:

tube517
10-24-2017, 12:57 PM

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22729129_1849678295073103_6445114971632640544_n.jp g?oh=251ac1b82ffe08bf9b1187ff881867ad&oe=5A7CE5D1

AtlantaDan
10-24-2017, 01:13 PM

Bad week for Juju:

This is like high school - JuJu is the new guy who immediately gets to sit at the cool kids table in the cafeteria and Bryant resents the hell out of it

Shoes
10-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Well the Steelers will be drafting another R2 WR next year, there goes my TE again. :chuckle:

Have to wonder how much influence Bryant's girlfriend has on him.

Born2Steel
10-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Only bring Bryant in during redzone situations. Maybe he doesn't need more targets, just more TDs, to make it all better.

polamalubeast
10-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Bryant's situation took the steelers drama to another level!

Thank God that Tomlin is very good at managing the ego and being very good in the adversity.

Psycho Ward 86
10-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Only bring Bryant in during redzone situations. Maybe he doesn't need more targets, just more TDs, to make it all better.

that seems like a pointlessly niche role. seems like a better idea than when people suggested the same for Justin Hunter though

Born2Steel
10-24-2017, 03:13 PM
that seems like a pointlessly niche role. seems like a better idea than when people suggested the same for Justin Hunter though

I don't always add the sarcasm smiley, but when I do, it's for posts like these. :sarcasm:

86WARD
10-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Has anyone brought up the point that it’s Haley’s or Tomlin’s fault that JuJu’s bike got stolen? This wouldn’t have happened under Cowher...just saying...

Born2Steel
10-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Has anyone brought up the point that it’s Haley’s or Tomlin’s fault that JuJu’s bike got stolen? This wouldn’t have happened under Cowher...just saying...

Stupid me-me players. LOL!

Devilsdancefloor
10-24-2017, 03:16 PM
Well the Steelers will be drafting another R2 WR next year, there goes my TE again. :chuckle:

im gonna guess way to much. ut think of it this way at clemson he was always the number 2 guy all they did was talk about watkins, he was finally making a name for himself as a legit number 2 behind AB and he gets popped smoking the green. Now he is falling behind a 20 year old kid who is turning everyones head and talking he might be the new number to WR. He is just throwing a pity party for himself and his woman is probably adding to the fire getting inside his head and pushing all the wrong buttons. He is all of a sudden gonna be about "family" and he will need to make $$$$$ for said family.

polamalubeast
10-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Since Cowher is in the discussion, it's true that the steelers had a lot less drama under Cowher!

steelreserve
10-24-2017, 03:23 PM

im gonna guess way to much.

You know what they say ... behind every crazy man, is an even crazier woman.

steelcityboyz
10-24-2017, 04:03 PM
Since Cowher is in the discussion, it's true that the steelers had a lot less drama under Cowher!So true.. but it was a different time then, seems like guys just wanted to play football instead of dancing and showboating, plus I think Cowher had better control over his players than Tomlin does JMO.

steelreserve
10-24-2017, 04:28 PM
So true.. but it was a different time then, seems like guys just wanted to play football instead of dancing and showboating, plus I think Cowher had better control over his players than Tomlin does JMO.

Well, it is a different time. Back in the '80s and '90s, your skill as a professional athlete WAS what defined your star power and your public persona.

Now all kinds of people want to feel like they "know" or "connect with" athletes and celebrities, so there's this huge emphasis on your "brand" and your image, which basically means a lot of posturing and a lot of clowning around or (lately) opinionated garbage for those who participate in it.

Some celebrities jump into it feet-first, and mostly look like jerks, and attract a lot of fans who are jerks. Yes, social media has a TON to do with this, but I think it really started with the whole celebrity-as-a-brand bullshit in the early 2000s. Six degrees of Paris Hilton. Now everybody wants to do it. Ugh.

Of course, there are plenty of people who just want to go out and play football and let that speak for itself while leaving all the bullshit alone - but how much do you hear about, say, Marcus Gilbert compared to Bryant, or for that matter Tuitt's contract negotiations compared to Bell's? Idiots love drama, and that goes both ways.

Mojouw
10-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Since Cowher is in the discussion, it's true that the steelers had a lot less drama under Cowher!

No - they didn't. There jusn't wasn't the same level of media scrutiny and outlets.

Cowher inherited a drugged out Worley. They had to cut Bam Morris because he was trying to have a second career as a drug trafficker. He had to trade another RB because of the rise of Morris and the fact that Foster stopped wanting to get hit.

Plaxico Burress was a delicate flower who needed constant ego management. Chad Brown was a diva who pissed and moaned his way out of town so that he could play outside instead of inside linebacker.

Eric Green was a drug suspension guy who then spent a season or so bitching about his contract before someone else paid him and he faded out of the league.

There was the parade of endlessly inept QBs that guys took shots at in the media. Multiple instances of a "divided" locker room after a defense forces a ton of punts and turnovers and then some garbage QB loses the game.

Rod Woodson got ran out of town because he didn't want to take less money or play safety.

Joel Steed got popped for drugs.

Joey Porter did Joey Porter things - constantly.

This is just off the top of my head. Dear lord, can you imagine if Porter had access to Twitter when he was playing?

tube517
10-24-2017, 04:44 PM
No - they didn't. There jusn't wasn't the same level of media scrutiny and outlets.

Cowher inherited a drugged out Worley. They had to cut Bam Morris because he was trying to have a second career as a drug trafficker. He had to trade another RB because of the rise of Morris and the fact that Foster stopped wanting to get hit.

Plaxico Burress was a delicate flower who needed constant ego management. Chad Brown was a diva who pissed and moaned his way out of town so that he could play outside instead of inside linebacker.

Eric Green was a drug suspension guy who then spent a season or so bitching about his contract before someone else paid him and he faded out of the league.

There was the parade of endlessly inept QBs that guys took shots at in the media. Multiple instances of a "divided" locker room after a defense forces a ton of punts and turnovers and then some garbage QB loses the game.

Rod Woodson got ran out of town because he didn't want to take less money or play safety.

This is just off the top of my head. Dear lord, can you imagine if Porter had access to Twitter when he was playing?

Don't forget that stupid ass Super Bowl "rap video" made by the 1994 Steelers who proceeded to lose/choke to Stan Humphries, leaving an embarrasing image of Tim McKyer crying because he got burned by a no name WR.

I liked Cowher but his teams had more than their share of dum dum moments.

polamalubeast
10-24-2017, 04:55 PM

Good point!

But on twitter, many think Cowher Cowher wouldn't have let the Bryant's or other situation happen(As suspension, drama, etc.)!

Devilsdancefloor
10-24-2017, 04:55 PM

no social media = less drama

Mojouw
10-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Good point!

But on twitter, many think Cowher Cowher wouldn't have let the Bryant's or other situation happen(As suspension, drama, etc.)!

How? Is Cowher going to send guys to monitor each players social media habits 24/7? That is essentially arguing that Cowher could've put the toothpaste back in the tube. Logic says it is impossible.

AtlantaDan
10-24-2017, 05:17 PM

His last season in 2006 had its share, starting with Ben nearly getting killed, Cowher's contract situation, Porter's contract situation, static about why Cowher's wife and kids had moved to Raleigh while he stayed in Pittsburgh, Ben's teammates calling him out for being a bad teammate, domestic abuse allegations against Holmes, Ben's 4 pick game in Oakland the week after he was concussed in the Atlanta game and Cowher was criticized for playing him, and all the noise surrounding a 2-6 start that ended any meaningful chance at a Super Bowl repeat by Halloween

With today's social media that season would have rivaled this one

smokin3000gt
10-24-2017, 06:04 PM

I would also say college kids and kids in general were different then too. It's much more of a me society now more than it used to be IMO

Moose
10-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Hey, let's not forget we just played the bungholes...team full of muggers, doper's and thieves. I'm not sure any of them is talented or coordinated enough to ride a bike though. :confused:

Shoes
10-24-2017, 10:46 PM

Hints suggest Martavis Bryant's problem is closer to home than Steelers

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hints-suggest-martavis-bryant-apos-191524411.html

SteelMayhem72
10-24-2017, 11:25 PM
Im done with the bryant nonsense...grow up shit head or be gone. The team is winning so be proud of that...whether is blocking downfield or however you contribute with a hand in the pile. Hate these type of players...its just stupidity. Hes not the first nor will he be the last.

SteelMayhem72
10-24-2017, 11:53 PM
I would also say college kids and kids in general were different then too. It's much more of a me society now more than it used to be IMOI agree and I think this is why you see some of the older coaches not getting back in the game as well

pepsyman1
10-25-2017, 01:37 AM
Maybe they should consider trading him? Because this is getting ridiculous, trashing teammates on social media... this situation is becoming cancerous.

I just have no idea what they could get for him. Would the Skins trade Pryor for Bryant straight up?

Man, I like that idea. Somehow Pryor has not meshed with that offense and he was a terror last year for the Browns and looked like he had really worked his ass off to make it as a wide receiver. I think he would be a great big target for Ben and he'd probably love playing for a stable organization. Think of the trick plays you could run with a former NFL QB turned big wide receiver.

teegre
10-25-2017, 06:24 AM

-The infamous SuperBowl video that was scheduled... before they played the 1994 AFCCG.

-Having his team book hotel rooms for the SuperBowl... before they played the 2001 AFCCG.

-Plaxico blowing off his pre-draft visit to watch Michigan St. win an NCAA championship... and, Cowher rationalizing why it was okay for Plax to not call them to tell them that he would be a no show.

-Plaxico habitually arriving late for team meetings... and Cowher looking the other way.

et cetera

Here’s an analogy:
Homicide numbers are actually down. But, they appear worse, because the reporting of any & every murder is way, way up.

polamalubeast
10-25-2017, 02:21 PM

Martavis Bryant demoted to scout team in Wednesday's practice. Affects his chances to play Sunday at Detroit. OG Ramon Foster said Justin Hunter took his role in offense for this practice.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0714919532988209694-4

43Hitman
10-25-2017, 02:25 PM
There goes Tomlin again with his lack of discipline... :coffee:

86WARD
10-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Doghouse is open for business.

AtlantaDan
10-25-2017, 02:30 PM

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0714919532988209694-4

Interesting this announcement came from Foster, who clearly has heard enough from Bryant, rather than Tomlin - unlike some other members of the offense Foster presumably would clear this with Tomlin

tube517
10-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Interesting this announcement came from Foster, who clearly has heard enough from Bryant, rather than Tomlin - unlike some other members of the offense Foster presumably would clear this with Tomlin

My guess is Foster is one of the spokespersons of the team picked by Tomlin. That's just a hunch- observing through Twitter, Steelers.com, post game interviews, etc among all the "drama" over the past few years.

AtlantaDan
10-25-2017, 02:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqJ1mTkEuY

tube517
10-25-2017, 02:40 PM
There goes Tomlin again with his lack of discipline... :coffee:

That "Damn" Agenda of Cool Shades!

polamalubeast
10-25-2017, 02:42 PM

43Hitman
10-25-2017, 02:45 PM

That "Damn" Agenda of Cool Shades!

I think most fans have "Selective Memory", you know the not to distant cousin of "Selective Hearing". Most of us that are married have suffered from at least one of those if not both. :chuckle: And God know my son has great relationship with both.

86WARD
10-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Reports are that Bryant has said that he was told by Tomlin that he will be inactive on Sunday...

AtlantaDan
10-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Reports are that Bryant has said that he was told by Tomlin that he will be inactive on Sunday...

Lolley may have messed up with "suspended" - that hits you in the wallet and this drama from Bryant's perspective is all about money - maybe they want to keep the damn NFLPA out of this for now by just not giving him a helmet Sunday

polamalubeast
10-25-2017, 03:07 PM

AtlantaDan
10-25-2017, 03:11 PM
ruh-roh

Mojouw
10-25-2017, 03:14 PM
ruh-roh

Good. It means he is pissed off. That is often the point of punishment - you hit someone with a big 'ole 2x4 and get their attention.

If they don't like it, then they may actually be motivated to modify the behavior.

cubanstogie
10-25-2017, 03:19 PM
If I could get some good odds I would bet he is gone monday. This Sunday another WR goes down and they offer Steelers a trade they can't pass up. If he gets upset about lack of touches , I can only imagine how he'll respond to sitting out. Tomlin is a players couch we always hear, so maybe Bryant comes back with better attitude if trade doesn't happen. I really would love to see Hunter make a couple of big plays though.

43Hitman
10-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Good. It means he is pissed off. That is often the point of punishment - you hit someone with a big 'ole 2x4 and get their attention.

If they don't like it, then they may actually be motivated to modify the behavior.
Exactly, if they act like it's not a big deal, then you may have a bigger problem than you first thought.

polamalubeast
10-25-2017, 03:25 PM

BlackAndGold
10-25-2017, 03:35 PM
If I could get some good odds I would bet he is gone monday. This Sunday another WR goes down and they offer Steelers a trade they can't pass up. If he gets upset about lack of touches , I can only imagine how he'll respond to sitting out. Tomlin is a players couch we always hear, so maybe Bryant comes back with better attitude if trade doesn't happen. I really would love to see Hunter make a couple of big plays though.

He won't get traded until the off season.

43Hitman
10-25-2017, 03:36 PM
This guy is dense. If he had just started off with this attitude, we wouldn't be here.

teegre
10-25-2017, 03:43 PM
I think most fans have "Selective Memory", you know the not to distant cousin of "Selective Hearing". Most of us that are married have suffered from at least one of those if not both. :chuckle: And God know my son has great relationship with both.

Bwahahaha!!! I just spit water on my iPad.

Well done!!! :applaudit:

Hawkman
10-25-2017, 04:01 PM

"They had your back when you was trippin.":rofl:

DesertSteel
10-25-2017, 04:16 PM
Happy to see this. I have been critical of Tomlin for letting things go. I think this is a good sign. Enough is enough.

pepsyman1
10-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Happy to see this. I have been critical of Tomlin for letting things go. I think this is a good sign. Enough is enough.

I whole heartedly agree. Seeing Tomlin make a stand with someone we have no doubt has talent but isn't displaying it is really a step in the right direction. He's "unleashing hell" in a small dose in October...lol

stillers4me
10-25-2017, 05:34 PM
Honestly, IMO, I think most of this has to do with the baby mama. I think she's putting a lot of this in his head because she thinks he should be the suit and get paid like the suit. It was her post that started it all.

43Hitman
10-25-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm really not sure why some people are acting like this is the first time Tomlin has disciplined a player. We talk about his "doghouse" all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, IMO, I think most of this has to do with the baby mama. I think she's putting a lot of this in his head because she thinks he should be the suit and get paid like the suit.
I agree wholeheartedly. His agent may even be involved in this manipulation by influencing the girlfriend.

Psycho Ward 86
10-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Honestly, IMO, I think most of this has to do with the baby mama. I think she's putting a lot of this in his head because she thinks he should be the suit and get paid like the suit. It was her post that started it all.

this theory reminds me of packer fans and Olivia Munn + Aaron Rodgers back when he was having a down year :lol:

I dont think a lot of people realize how crippling depression can be. That will always be culprit #1 for me in the Bryant saga.

(Mental illness dismissals incoming)

43Hitman
10-25-2017, 06:23 PM
this theory reminds me of packer fans and Olivia Munn + Aaron Rodgers back when he was having a down year :lol:

I dont think a lot of people realize how crippling depression can be. That will always be culprit #1 for me in the Bryant saga.

(Mental illness dismissals incoming)
Depression is a monster. Praying for MB for sure.

Psycho Ward 86
10-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Depression is a monster. Praying for MB for sure.

Yeah. Not giving his actions a casual pardon of course, but just acknowledgement of depressions implications. Anyone who has had really bad depression knows how much of a catalyst it can be towards every waking moment of your life

43Hitman
10-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Yeah. Not giving his actions a casual pardon of course, but just acknowledgement of depressions implications. Anyone who has had really bad depression knows how much of a catalyst it can be towards every waking moment of your life
Indeed. He is still responsible for his behavior, however he needs support and understanding and he can pull through.

10-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Yeah. Not giving his actions a casual pardon of course, but just acknowledgement of depressions implications. Anyone who has had really bad depression knows how much of a catalyst it can be towards every waking moment of your life Is he really depressed or just very immature ?

DesertSteel
10-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Is he really depressed or just very immature ?
As if he can’t be both?

10-25-2017, 08:57 PM
As if he can’t be both? Well I guess he could.

DesertSteel
10-25-2017, 09:42 PM
Well I guess he could.
He's definitely the latter. I'm not sure about the former.

steelreserve
10-25-2017, 09:43 PM
I mean, whatever the reason for it, the results are unacceptable, so if that doesn't change pronto, it doesn't matter, there's no place for that on your team.

Really hard to tell, because depression shares a lot of the same symptoms with just being a jerk or an idiot.

DesertSteel
10-25-2017, 10:03 PM
because depression shares a lot of the same symptoms with just being a jerk or an idiot.I'm not sure about that. There are millions of people who suffer depression who don't act like idiots or jerks.

10-25-2017, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure about that. There are millions of people who suffer depression who don't act like idiots or jerks. Yep and he is more in the jerk category. Did feel bad for him when he wasn't allowed to practice with the team in part of Preseason but now I don't.

10-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Watch Hunter impress Sunday Night and MB will be a after thought.

10-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Watch though this idiot prick will end up being the MVP of the Superbowl this year even though he is a total ass.

Craic
10-25-2017, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure about that. There are millions of people who suffer depression who don't act like idiots or jerks.

Not meaning to put words in Steelreserve's mouth, but I read his post more along the lines of: Bryant looks like a jerk when he skips Monday practice after complaining. However, depression can cause similar issues. So, is he just being a jerk, or is it an element of depression? Depression can cause people to lash out. Jerks lash out at others. Is Bryant a jerk or is this a result of his depression?

All-in-all, regardless of the answers above, I think we all agree that he should stay away from social media while dealing with these things.

10-25-2017, 11:53 PM
Occam's Razor - The simple solution is usually the truth and MB is a immature jerk.

43Hitman
10-26-2017, 04:17 AM
Occam's Razor - The simple solution is usually the truth and MB is a immature jerk.
Or if you have been following this story from day one he said he used to "self-medicate" and he's battled depression.

AtlantaDan
10-26-2017, 05:35 AM
Watch though this idiot prick will end up being the MVP of the Superbowl this year even though he is a total ass.

Why not - Goodell openly rooted for dog killer Michael Vick getting that award - NFL could play it as a redemption story

I will take that deal - I do not recall many SB MVPs for the losing team and if he needs to be traded it will increase his market value

As far as the depression matter, it is a serious illness and many of those with a substance abuse problem also suffer from depression

But as I recall the original source of the depression claim was the agent when the 1 year suspension was announced - given that he does not appear to meet the standard as an agent I would not place great weight on any diagnosis from him

So maybe true, maybe not - bottom line is Bryant has an attraction to self-destructive behavior

stillers4me
10-26-2017, 05:50 AM
Is he really depressed or just very immature ?

Probably both. He thought he'd hop out of rehab and be the offensive Savior but Goodell nixed that when he didn't reinstate him until the season started and he missed most of training camp. He didn't anticipate the emergance of a Juju draft pick to compete for the #2 spot. He felt it was his by default since "he was obviously better than Coates or Rogers" or any other WR on the roster. You could tell that by his immature tweets to Coates, that are now transferrred to poor Juju. (who, ironically is mature enough to be sympathetic and supportive)

Now he's struggling with both his game and his depression and he doesn't have his crutch. He seems stressed and his girlfriend is obviously filling his head with the kind of stuff he doesn't need to hear and doesn't belong in a locker room. She doesn't get it. And he is too immature to handle it so this is how it manifests...in frustrated, immature tweets. And if you actually watch his interview and observe his body language, he really still doesn't get it but is just playing along.

pczach
10-26-2017, 06:08 AM
Why not - Goodell openly rooted for dog killer Michael Vick getting that award - NFL could play it as a redemption story

I will take that deal - I do not recall many SB MVPs for the losing team and if he needs to be traded it will increase his market value

As far as the depression matter, it is a serious illness and many of those with a substance abuse problem also suffer from depression

But as I recall the original source of the depression claim was the agent when the 1 year suspension was announced - given that he does not appear to meet the standard as an agent I would not place great weight on any diagnosis from him

So maybe true, maybe not - bottom line is Bryant has an attraction to self-destructive behavior

If he were to win the MVP of the Super Bowl, it would be the best possible outcome of this situation.

The Steelers would win another Super Bowl. Bryant would increase his value to the rest of the NFL. The team can then trade him at his highest possible value in the offseason and begin the quest for #8 without him.

I see no downside to him winning that MVP award. I would celebrate it.

I'm pulling for him and his family in his personal life. If he does have depression issues, it is a debilitating and awful condition to have, but he and his support system needs to do everything in their power to help him. At this point, however, we have no idea if he even has a "support system". The team is a large part of that support system, and he's now turning on them and alienating the organization and his teammates. They are probably the most stable force in his life.

I am pissed off as a fan, but I actually feel sorry for him on a personal level because he doesn't understand what he doesn't understand.

teegre
10-26-2017, 06:30 AM
There is nothing bad about Bryant winning the SuperBowl MVP.

1) It means that the Steelers get another Lombardi.
2) It means that this final “punishment” is the one that sinks in...
3) ... and Bryant finally”gets” it.

1 is more important to Steelers fans. 2 & 3 are intertwined and far, far more important to Bryant.

As as far as trading him after that, IMO, at that point Bryant will have “gotten” it... and thus, I’d keep him (and, he will likely want to stay).

tube517
10-26-2017, 07:29 AM
These players all have their own tshirts now:

Deebo's got his own line, I think Bell and AB do. Bryant does. Now Juju's got these "bike" tshirts.

Guess who is probably going to sell out and who is going to the clearance rack.

He might not have any income if he screws up again.

86WARD
10-26-2017, 08:11 AM
You don’t take him. You don’t cut him. You handle the business. You sit him like you would any other player that gets in trouble he serves his time, puts it behind and then it’s done and business as usual. If it happens again, then you address it at that time. I think Tomlin is handling this perfectly.

You’re also reading what the media puts out there and making your own conclusions. None of us know the real story behind closed doors...

Whether he travels with the team or not will tell you how pissed off the team is and how much problem/distraction they actually think he is...

AtlantaDan
10-26-2017, 08:17 AM
Whether he travels with the team or not will tell you how pissed off the team is and how much problem/distraction they actually think he is...

The more time he spends with the team the less time he has to brood alone on the unfairness of it all and fall back into the habits that got him into this mess - as posted above, what passes for his support system may be his teammates despite what he has done to piss them off - an act of temporary banishment might work with some players but Bryant clearly has issues different from other disciplinary cases

This is where the agent should earn his $$ by getting the substance abuse counselor in the mix to talk with someone in the front office (not Tomlin) about the potential consequences of standard player discipline practices - with this agent I have my doubts - Tomlin makes the call but the more information the better - Bryant getting suspended again for missing/failing drug tests will not help anyone

86WARD
10-26-2017, 11:56 AM
If I were Tomlin, I would bring him. Keep him involved as part of the team. The only thing getting him in trouble right now is his mouth. It’s not his play on the field. That has been very good actually. He hasn’t been open much and had some miscommunication according to Ben but his play isn’t getting him in trouble. He’s not taking plays off, he’s not half ass-ing it. He’s running his mouth.

DesertSteel
10-26-2017, 12:41 PM
If I were Tomlin, I would bring him. Keep him involved as part of the team. The only thing getting him in trouble right now is his mouth. It’s not his play on the field. That has been very good actually. He hasn’t been open much and had some miscommunication according to Ben but his play isn’t getting him in trouble. He’s not taking plays off, he’s not half ass-ing it. He’s running his mouth.
If he's not getting open much how is his play on the field good?

86WARD
10-26-2017, 02:18 PM
If he's not getting open much how is his play on the field good?

His routes are good. His blocking is good. Some of the pass schemes just don’t allow for him to get open when he has a man on and a guy over top on the weak side and Ben is looking to the strong side. He’s far from giving up on plays or anything like that.

DesertSteel
10-26-2017, 03:26 PM
His routes are good. His blocking is good. Some of the pass schemes just don’t allow for him to get open when he has a man on and a guy over top on the weak side and Ben is looking to the strong side. He’s far from giving up on plays or anything like that.
If his routes are good and he's 6'4" and has 4.3 speed then to what do you attribute him not being open?

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Martavis Bryant is enticing, but Lions should think hard if pondering a trade

Oct 24, 2017
Michael Rothstein
ESPN Staff Writer

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions have a separation problem. The team’s receivers have spent most of this season unable to distance themselves from opposing defensive backs. It’s caused problems for quarterback Matthew Stafford and underwhelming results for the entire Detroit offense.

And now Golden Tate is injured, his arm in a sling and his return date unknown. So the Lions, already ranked No. 30 in yards per play (4.57) and No. 26 in yards per game (298.0), are down their top receiver. There could be a way to fix this, though, before the trade deadline.

Martavis Bryant is reportedly unhappy in Pittsburgh. JuJu Smith-Schuster appears to be taking some of his snaps, and Bryant has underperformed. The 6-foot-4 Bryant is an athletic marvel with enough speed to create defensive back separation. He would seem to be exactly what Detroit needs.

But -- and there’s almost always going to be a "but" or two when discussing a potential NFL trade -- is Bryant really worth the risk?

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/31426/martavis-bryant-is-talented-but-lions-should-be-wary-to-even-think-about-trading-for-him

86WARD
10-26-2017, 04:55 PM
If his routes are good and he's 6'4" and has 4.3 speed then to what do you attribute him not being open?

I’ve already said it...lol. He’s on the weak side a lot of times to start with so he’s down on the progression. Ben isn’t even getting to that point in the play at times and when you are manned up with help over the top, he’s being covered well. Just because a player is fast and runs a good route doesn’t mean they automatically get open. Sure he’s not perfect on the field. He makes some mistakes like any player but he’s not playing bad and he’s not sand bagging it at all.

Also I saw on one of Steelers Depots breakdowns there were plays he was open and Ben didn’t see it. Specifically the pass that Grimble caught, Bryant was wide open for the first down and Ben missed it.