PDA

View Full Version : Heroes/Goats vs Bungles

Edman
10-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Steelers win 29-14.

Heroes: The usual suspects in Bell and Brown, but lets give a big shout out to the Defense. 180 total yards given up and completely shut down the Bengals in the second half.

Goats: Haley.

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 06:36 PM
Heroes (there's a lot): The entire Defense, shook off a rough couple of drives and absolutely dominated after that 2nd TD. Le'Veon Bell was dominant as well. So glad to see him rolling. Bo$ was money again and bailed out the offense numerous times. Robert Golden and Darrius Heyward-Bey for a great throw and catch on the fake punt that staved off what could have been a disaster. Everyone involved on that awesome hide-and-seek celebration

Goats: Todd Haley (probably going to be a mainstay on here) with more stupid playcalling, 2nd half offense and their pathetic attempt at putting the game away, short yardage/red zone offense was an eyesore, the refs (also probably gonna be a mainstay on this list) once again were biased against the Steelers

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Heroes: Bell

Goats: Haley (shared with Ben if he made the call on all of those 3rd and ones). We were 1/4 on 3rd and 1 today. Guess how we picked up a 1st down on the only successful conversion? A hard count. Absolutely pathetic. We were really marching down the field on some of those drives too.

Its about time Haley realized that if the deep ball is so enticing, we should be good at it regardless of down and distance. Enough with throwing prayers on 3rd and 1 for crying out loud. We currently suck in the red zone and suck at converting 3rd downs (especially 3rd and short) and suck at attaining big plays. We used to be able to get away with our shitty red zone offense because of the big plays but we dont have those right now. Very fortunate to have scored as many points as we did today against a good defense

Mojouw
10-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Playcalls were not terrible. Multiple plays were missed that were not because of a bad idea.

James missed a few blocks. At least two pass interference penalties were not called. Hubbard missed blocks. Bryant lost track of a deep ball. Etc.

Still a bit out of sync. But they get better each week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
10-22-2017, 06:55 PM
I think it's Tomlin wanted to play the Cowherball in the second half

The Steelers did the same thing against the Ravens and the Chiefs in the second half.

43Hitman
10-22-2017, 06:56 PM
I think it's Tomlin wanted to play the Cowherball in the second half

The Steelers did the same thing against the Ravens and the Chiefs in the second half.
Where have you been the last couple of weeks?

polamalubeast
10-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Where have you been the last couple of weeks?

When it's ugly like the meltdown game of Roethlisberger against the Jaguars, I prefer not to be there

FrancoLambert
10-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Heroes: Bell, Defense, Boswell

Goats: this week, this one is simple, the playcalls on third and short, it's one thing to try and surprise a team with a long ball but now it's so expected and it usually ends up with Ben throwing just up a prayer and hoping for a call, desperation plays on 3rd and 1 won't cut it in January.

It kills drives and keeps us from putting a team away.

Born2Steel
10-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Heroes: ZERO turnovers, ZERO offensive penalties, Bell, Boss, clock management, D-FENSE!

Goats: Red Zone offense again.

Craic
10-22-2017, 07:05 PM
We won against a division foe by doubling their point total.

Heroes: Steelers

Goats: no one

Do we have areas to improve? Sure, but no one deserves a goat today.

teegre
10-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Goats: Red Zone offense again.

Pittsburgh’s offense is equivalent to coitus interruptus. :lol:

pczach
10-22-2017, 07:08 PM
Playcalls were not terrible. Multiple plays were missed that were not because of a bad idea.

James missed a few blocks. At least two pass interference penalties were not called. Hubbard missed blocks. Bryant lost track of a deep ball. Etc.

Still a bit out of sync. But they get better each week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win!

I get what you're saying about play calling somewhat, but the personnel and formations are not working, yet they keep running it.

Not having the best running back on the field on third and 1 in potentially game-deciding moments is a butt-stupid, asinine idea....period. Third and short is the only thing stopping this offense from exploding. Maybe they're trying to get them to overpower superior numbers at the LOS by sheer force of will, but I don't understand the approach of the offense in those situations. That is the design of the offense and the OC.

There are a lot of positives to take from this game. Let's just hope that they continue to improve and get over that short yardage hurdle.

Born2Steel
10-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Once again the Steelers win in dominate fashion even if the scoreboard doesn't show it. If those FGs had been TDs, the score would have been 49-14. That is how much the Bengals got dominated today. The Steelers only slowed themselves down with their redzone play calling. Again. Thank you Boss!

teegre
10-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Boswell & Hilton get game balls.

Bell was the MVP.

AB gets an inch closer to Canton.

polamalubeast
10-22-2017, 07:11 PM
We will have to wait in week 15 to know how good this defense is, but right now they are very special!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-22-2017, 07:15 PM
Pittsburgh’s offense is equivalent to coitus interruptus. :lol: Oh my lol. You had to go there ?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow great win and now on to The Walking Dead tonight. I'm not talking about playing the Ravens either.

Devilsdancefloor
10-22-2017, 07:38 PM
heroes boz -o-matic honorable mention hadens 1st int

Goats : haleys run on 3-4 but play Al ball 3-1

Moose
10-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Great win ! I hate cincy and their obnoxious fan's, so it's going to make this WEEK so enjoyable where I live. I didn't get to watch ( was on a motorcycle charity ride), but sounds like the WHOLE TEAM worked together on the same page. Also sounds like the same ole' shit with Haley and the pathetic 3rd and long killer's. Sooner or later those situations are going to lose games. Go Steeler's !

86WARD
10-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Heroes: Bell, Watt and Boz

Goats: AB (second time in two weeks he commits punt return mistakes), Third Down Offense. It’s just terrible.

BlackAndGold
10-22-2017, 07:41 PM

JuJu is becoming one of my favorite players on the team. This celebration was hilarious.

polamalubeast
10-22-2017, 07:43 PM

JuJu is becoming one of my favorite players on the team. This celebration was hilarious.

Second best WR of this team right now too!

BlackAndGold
10-22-2017, 07:45 PM

He is going to be a good one, no doubt about it.

Hate seeing Bryant struggle, but he has no one to blame but himself.

Hawkman
10-22-2017, 07:45 PM
Some " all WORLD " stiff arms....watching it again

86WARD
10-22-2017, 07:49 PM
I like the JuJu as well!!

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 07:53 PM

Right now I agree. He even has as many TDs as AB

polamalubeast
10-22-2017, 07:54 PM

0-10 now

Shoes
10-22-2017, 07:55 PM
We won against a division foe by doubling their point total.

Heroes: Steelers

Goats: no one

Do we have areas to improve? Sure, but no one deserves a goat today.

Agreed, no sacks on Ben and the arrow is pointing up.

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Couldn't be happier to see the defense dominate so far

GBMelBlount
10-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Great game.

However, these 3rd and 1 fails are like watching Groundhog Day.

Plus, as Teegre mentioned, this scorus interruptis in the red zone is ridiculous.

This team is young and very hungry and getting better each game.

Starting to feel the momentum and loving it.

Just a few things to iron out.....like 3rd and 1's and scoring touchdowns! :chuckle:

BlackAndGold
10-22-2017, 08:02 PM
Just to add more good news, Burfict may face discipline for kicking Nix in the head in the 1st half

Shoes
10-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Barf-face may get another suspension. :lol:

tube517
10-22-2017, 08:23 PM
Just to add more good news, Burfict may face discipline for kicking Nix in the head in the 1st half

922200495288213505Nix is not a person to mess with. Dude will pancake your coward ass on the field legally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
10-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Bryant is just lost right now...wish they would legalize weed then hed be awesome again

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
10-22-2017, 08:26 PM

922200495288213505Yes I said that from the game day thread that noone not even the officials even saw

Iron Steeler
10-22-2017, 08:31 PM

how is he still allowed to be in this league?

43Hitman
10-22-2017, 08:35 PM
Bryant is just lost right now...wish they would legalize weed then hed be awesome again

He's just gotta fight through it. We need to support him, he'll be dominant again, he just has to re-learn it.

pczach
10-22-2017, 09:02 PM
how is he still allowed to be in this league?

Burfict has injured people, is always trying to injure people, and takes cheap shots and punk dirty hits with intent to injure constantly.

He is allowed to drag down the entire league and endangering the careers of others, while guys that smoke some weed are missing entire seasons and run the risk of being banished from the NFL forever. What the F is the NFL doing?

They need to do everyone a favor and throw this asshole out of the league for a year. Then, if he farts on the field, he needs to be removed permanently. His behavior is completely unacceptable and dangerous.

The NFL's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

teegre
10-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Burfict has injured people, is always trying to injure people, and takes cheap shots and punk dirty hits with intent to injure constantly.

He is allowed to drag down the entire league and endangering the careers of others, while guys that smoke some weed are missing entire seasons and run the risk of being banished from the NFL forever. What the F is the NFL doing?

They need to do everyone a favor and throw this asshole out of the league for a year. Then, if he farts on the field, he needs to be removed permanently. His behavior is completely unacceptable and dangerous.

BengalGirl5150 was on Twitter trying to justify the kick.

“Nix blocked him in the back first.”

Block in the back: 10-yard penalty
Kick to the head: personal foul, with possible ejection

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 09:39 PM

Frontier justice coming - some O-Lineman will blow out his knee

Bart Scott described how players view this works when talking about Hines Ward in a classic Mike Wilbon column before the 2008 season AFC championship

"His time will come. He'll get his. . . . He'll come across the middle one day, and someone will hit him or take out his knee. The guy will be fined, and [Ward] will be gone. No one will care. No one will even care. No one will send him any cards saying they're sorry. Not to that guy. . . . You reap what you sow."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/16/AR2009011604667_2.html

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 10:44 PM

DesertSteel
10-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Hero: Bell
Goat: Bryant. His attitude is wearing thin.

Craic
10-22-2017, 10:51 PM

Making sure their players don't participate in something that is still illegal according to federal laws, which everyone seems to forget, trumps state laws.

Here's my take. I was okay with Harrison's fines and suspension because the NFL was being very clear that they no longer wanted shots to the head, and it was the player's responsibility to change the way he played including being in more control of yourself throughout the tackle. Now, the league has made it clear that Burfict's actions are not acceptable. He has been repeatedly fined and even suspended. Now, this. It is a blatant act after a play, and, moreover, it was aimed directly at the head.
If the NFL is serious about limited head injuries, then Burfict needs to be suspended for attempting a kick to the head after the play concluded.

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 11:09 PM
Bart Scott described how players view this works when talking about Hines Ward in a classic Mike Wilbon column before the 2008 season AFC championship

"His time will come. He'll get his. . . . He'll come across the middle one day, and someone will hit him or take out his knee. The guy will be fined, and [Ward] will be gone. No one will care. No one will even care. No one will send him any cards saying they're sorry. Not to that guy. . . . You reap what you sow."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/16/AR2009011604667_2.html

Didn't end up happening did it. Plus I find it ironic a Ravens player (at that time) complaining about another player being dirty

Count Steeler
10-23-2017, 05:28 AM
Heroes: Tomlin and the coaching staff to get the team back to basics. Loved the awareness of Golden on the fake punt. LB (especially the OLB) finally got it going when the old timer came in. I think he gave Dupree and Watt wake up call. The D woke up after Harrison played a few downs. Conner is nice to have as a back up RB, glad to see he got a couple of touches.

Goats: Short yardage needs serious work.

pczach
10-23-2017, 06:07 AM
Making sure their players don't participate in something that is still illegal according to federal laws, which everyone seems to forget, trumps state laws.

Here's my take. I was okay with Harrison's fines and suspension because the NFL was being very clear that they no longer wanted shots to the head, and it was the player's responsibility to change the way he played including being in more control of yourself throughout the tackle. Now, the league has made it clear that Burfict's actions are not acceptable. He has been repeatedly fined and even suspended. Now, this. It is a blatant act after a play, and, moreover, it was aimed directly at the head.
If the NFL is serious about limited head injuries, then Burfict needs to be suspended for attempting a kick to the head after the play concluded.

I understand that marijuana is illegal. I'm speaking directly to how the NFL handles and punishes players for that offense. If they're caught smoking weed, they are at their homes and free men but they can't play professional football. The degree of punishment needs to change in regard to marijuana use compared to how a dangerous player like Burfict is punished for endangering careers.

That was the direct comparison I made.

Hawkman
10-23-2017, 08:08 AM
A couple of my heroes were Nix and Decastro. Awesome blocking and protected their players. Nix was ready to pound Burfict, if he tried to do something dirty to Bell.

AtlantaDan
10-23-2017, 08:25 AM
Heroes: Bell & Boswell

Goat: Haley

Ben shared his thoughts on the cluster at the end of the first half

“We had a pass play called and we had a really good look, so I’m not sure what happened,” Roethlisberger said. “There was a timeout, and we changed the play because we had a timeout. I heard Todd just telling me, ‘We have a timeout, so let’s change the play.’ :confused:

“I was a little frustrated with that because I don’t think that’s the time or the place for that. Ya got seven seconds, I believe it was seven or eight [actually 12] with the timeout, that’s at least two shots in the end zone [with passes], but you know, we run the plays that are called. They must have saw something and thought we could get it, but I hate to just get three points down there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2017/10/23/Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-Mike-Tomlin-Gene-Collier-AFC-North-Division-Juju-Smith-Schuster/stories/201710230091

tube517
10-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Frontier justice coming - some O-Lineman will blow out his knee

Reminds me of Bill Laimbeer. Asshole/cheap shot artist.

BTW, I hate the Celtics but this was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHCeId9xiiI

tube517
10-23-2017, 08:53 AM

This joke of a ref looking at his armhair. Ridiculous.

ALLD
10-23-2017, 05:12 PM
Hero = Bell is the team MVP

Honorable mention = Golden to Bey STs play is the best gadget play since the Super Bowl in 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGwSb2aMqwc

Goat = Haley needs a drug test or call in sick for a couple of weeks.

Craic
10-23-2017, 05:51 PM
I understand that marijuana is illegal. I'm speaking directly to how the NFL handles and punishes players for that offense. If they're caught smoking weed, they are at their homes and free men but they can't play professional football. The degree of punishment needs to change in regard to marijuana use compared to how a dangerous player like Burfict is punished for endangering careers.

That was the direct comparison I made.

Ahh. Okay, we're a lot closer to agreeing then. Personally, I have no problem with the drug policy. So, let's go ahead and up the dangerous play policy to the same. If you're to the point where you get suspended for four games, the next dangerous play should get you a year.

polamalubeast
10-24-2017, 03:57 PM