PDA

View Full Version : For whom to root (Week 7):

teegre
10-19-2017, 06:32 AM
For those of us who watch other games and want/need a rooting interest, here is a list of teams for whom you should root (because, it helps the Steelers):

Chiefs @ Raidahs
At the beginning of the season, Da Raidahs looked like the team to beat. But, disarray and a Carr injury has left them spinning; meanwhile, the Chiefs are one game up on us in the seeding. Go Raidahs!!!

Ravens @ Vikings
Duh. Go Vikings!!!

Jaguars @ Colts
The Jags hold the tie-breaker over us. So, uh... go Colts.

Buccaneers @ Bills
As much as I’d like to see the Bills (or Dolphins, or Jets) win that division, the general rule is to root for the NFC to beat the AFC. Go Bucs... but, I wouldn’t be that disappointed with a Bills victory.

Jets @ Dolphins
It’s a wash. Like I said, I’d like for one of them to win the AFC East. So, coin flip.

Titans @ Browns
Titans are leading their division. The Browns are not. Go Browns. :lol:

Broncos @ Chargers
The Broncos are currently ahead of the Bolts. So, go Los Angeles!!!

Falcons @ Taperiots
Duh. Go Falcons!!!!!

Enjoy the games.

Hawkman
10-19-2017, 08:58 AM
I like everything but I will cheer for the Bills.

86WARD
10-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Everything is good but Titans. F’ the Browns.

teegre
10-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Did you see the end of the Chiefs-Raidahs game???

Holy crap!!! No time left/time was expired. Five attempts at a TD, with penalties & such... and Da Raidahs (finally) win.

One of the craziest “final” plays that I’ve ever, ever seen.

Oh... and the Steelers are now the #1 seed (and control their own destiny).

AtlantaDan
10-19-2017, 11:02 PM

Holy crap!!! No time left/time was expired. Five attempts at a TD, with penalties & such... and Da Raidahs (finally) win.

Spoiler alert - the Chiefs will not be playing in February

If the Steelers gave up an 85 yard drive in the lasrt 2:11 with the other team having 1 timeout that ended like this posters would say Tomlin and Butler should be fired in the locker room :sofunny:

Here is how the last 23 seconds went down - yikes

3rd and 10 at KC 29

(0:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook to KC 1 for 28 yards (E.Murray).
1st and Goal at KC 1
(0:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to M.Crabtree for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on OAK-M.Crabtree, Offensive Pass Interference, 9 yards, enforced at KC 1 - No Play.
(0:03 - 4th) Timeout #2 by KC at 00:03.1st and Goal at KC 10

(0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to J.Cook. PENALTY on KC-R.Parker, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at KC 10 - No Play.
(0:00 - 4th) Timeout #3 by KC at 00:00.1st and Goal at KC 5

(0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to C.Patterson. PENALTY on KC-E.Murray, Defensive Holding, 3 yards, enforced at KC 5 - No Play.1st and Goal at KC 2

(0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to M.Crabtree for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field was confirmed. G.Tavecchio extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Condo, Holder-M.King.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400951571

SteelMayhem72

Oh... and the Steelers are now the #1 seed (and control their own destiny).Yep...if only the season ended today...lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

st33lersguy

If I watch NFL football for the next 50 years, there is about a .01% chance I'll see something like that again. That was f-ing crazy.
On a related note, Chiefs are sorely missing Eric Berry right now. Their defense this year is bad

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-19-2017, 11:03 PM
Whole game was good and wild ending! Raiders D though looks like crap except for Mack and don't see them winning the division. Great to see them beat the Chiefs.

j-d-s
10-19-2017, 11:05 PM
That game was awesome!On Jets@Phins I root for the Jets, because they have no shot whatsoever to even come close to 9-7 (which is the worst I could possibly imagine for us, unless of course if Ben gets injured).

teegre
10-19-2017, 11:05 PM
If I watch NFL football for the next 50 years, there is about a .01% chance I'll see something like that again. That was f-ing crazy.

:nod:

My brother, father, bro-in-law, and a few other were all texting me saying essentially the same thing: “Are you watching this craziness!?!”

10-19-2017, 11:08 PM
Now onto rooting against the Pats. I swear, I enjoy rooting against them as much as I like rooting against Pitt. It's like I have two teams two cheer for each week with exception of Steelers and Pat's bye weeks.

st33lersguy
10-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Now onto rooting against the Pats. I swear, I enjoy rooting against them as much as I like rooting for Pitt. It's like I have two teams two cheer for each week with exception of Steelers and Pat's bye weeks.

Fixed it

10-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Fixed it Thanks.

AtlantaDan
10-19-2017, 11:47 PM
There was a thread several weeks ago about some of the Raiders allegedly allowing Carr to get the crap beat out of him in the Denver game.

More Raiders locker room drama tonight

The Oakland Raiders (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/oak/oakland-raiders) have a potentially season-killing locker room dynamic to solve. Especially in the wake of a potentially season-saving 31-30 win (http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951571) against the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs) on Thursday night to end a four-game losing streak and improve to 3-4 overall.

The question? Who, exactly, was Marshawn Lynch (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10456/marshawn-lynch) running on to the field to protect when a skirmish broke out in the wake of Raiders quarterback Derek Carr (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16757/derek-carr) getting blasted by Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2578378/marcus-peters) in the second quarter? It was a hit that drew not only a flag, but the wrath of Raiders offensive linemen Donald Penn (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10062/donald-penn) and Kelechi Osemele (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14957/kelechi-osemele).

If it was Peters, Lynch's close friend from Oakland, then there are issues that a team meeting may not be able to resolve. Especially not with Lynch reportedly leaving Oakland Coliseum before halftime.

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/19866/even-with-feel-good-win-raiders-have-a-marshawn-lynch-dilemma

j-d-s
10-19-2017, 11:55 PM
Carr said immediately after the game in the Postgame show that he had spoken with Marshawn Lynch and thanked him for standing up for him. By that, I doubt that Lynch really left the building.

Lady Steel
10-20-2017, 01:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Aussxs2IA

Players just can't go around doing this stuff. I'm happy the Raiders beat the Chiefs, but I hope Marshawn Lynch gets suspended in addition to a fine.

86WARD
10-20-2017, 04:53 AM
If the Steelers play to their potential, they are easily the best team in the league...by far.

tube517
10-20-2017, 05:50 AM
Spoiler alert - the Chiefs will not be playing in February

If the Steelers gave up an 85 yard drive in the lasrt 2:11 with the other team having 1 timeout that ended like this posters would say Tomlin and Butler should be fired in the locker room :sofunny:

Here is how the last 23 seconds went down - yikes

3rd and 10 at KC 29

(0:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep left to J.Cook to KC 1 for 28 yards (E.Murray).
1st and Goal at KC 1
(0:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short right to M.Crabtree for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on OAK-M.Crabtree, Offensive Pass Interference, 9 yards, enforced at KC 1 - No Play.
(0:03 - 4th) Timeout #2 by KC at 00:03.1st and Goal at KC 10

(0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to J.Cook. PENALTY on KC-R.Parker, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at KC 10 - No Play.
(0:00 - 4th) Timeout #3 by KC at 00:00.1st and Goal at KC 5

(0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete short middle to C.Patterson. PENALTY on KC-E.Murray, Defensive Holding, 3 yards, enforced at KC 5 - No Play.1st and Goal at KC 2

(0:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass short left to M.Crabtree for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field was confirmed. G.Tavecchio extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Condo, Holder-M.King.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400951571

I was watching the NLCS game and then switched over to this sequence. What a crazy ending.

teegre
10-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Bump :thumbsup:

86WARD
10-22-2017, 01:46 PM
Ravens trailing 12-6 in the 3rd.

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Ravens lose 24-16

Flacco throws garbage time TD on last play of game to get over the 38&1/2 point over/under :sofunny:

Ravens are terrible

10-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Steelers can pretty much wrap up the division with a win today. Which means they will probably lose because that would be to easy. They like to make it hard on themselves.

10-22-2017, 03:16 PM
Poor Browns and I was actually rooting for them.

Born2Steel
10-22-2017, 03:46 PM
With the Jags win, I was hoping for a Titan win today. Keeps them even at 4-3. Jags own the tie-breaker over us. We still need to beat the Titans and Texans for it to make a difference, but for today, keep the South division tied.

teegre
10-22-2017, 07:19 PM
How’d we do thus far...

Vikings win :willy:
Raidahs win :nod:
Chargers win:nod:
Bills win :yawn:
Dolphins win :yawn:
Titans win :mad:
Jaguars win :mad:

Go FALCONS!!!

polamalubeast
10-22-2017, 07:22 PM
The most important thing is controlling our destiny and the steelers control their destiny right now against every team

teegre
10-22-2017, 07:24 PM
The most important thing is controlling our destiny and the steelers control their destiny right now against every team

BINGO!!!

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Hideous Brady INT negated by roughing the passer, Patriots score TD from it. Pats getting really lucky this year

Iron Steeler
10-22-2017, 08:34 PM

damn we should tweet that to tomlin. keep focus men!

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Pats up 10-0. Pats defense is playing better

teegre
10-22-2017, 09:19 PM

0-17 ... time for TWD. :lol:

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 09:21 PM
0-17 ... time for TWD. :lol:

Outscored 48-0 by the Pats since the late 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 09:21 PM

Super Bowl loss hangover - Falcons are in take two Advil/drink some Gatorade/sleep for a few hours to hope you feel better mode

st33lersguy
10-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Super Bowl loss hangover - Falcons are in take two Advil/drink some Gatorade/sleep for a few hours to hope you feel better mode

If they don't make an incredible comeback, it will be 4 straight losses against the AFC East, all in their last 7 games.

Also the games on SNF this year so far have all been snoozers, and the previous few years, most of the SNF games were great games

teegre
10-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Also the games on SNF this year so far have all been snoozers, and the previous few years, most of the SNF games were great games

Hopefully that trend continues next Sunday with the Steelers drubbing the Lions by 3 TDs.

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 09:48 PM
If they don't make an incredible comeback, it will be 4 straight losses against the AFC East, all in their last 7 games.

They are a mess - they miss Shanahan as OC and everything went right last season - when you have a shot at a championship you best not miss - ask Dan Marino how that works

86WARD
10-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Patriots have gotten their shit together...

AtlantaDan
10-22-2017, 09:52 PM

Or the Falcons have lost theirs - it will be Pats-Steelers in late January - question is where

Edman
10-22-2017, 10:10 PM

They never lost their shit in the first place. They're always good for a division title every year.

Nobody in the their right mind should've been counting out the Patriots.

It was firmly established that they were the team to beat, and are the brick wall in the AFC. If the Steelers are going to get to the Super Bowl, they have to get past the Patriots. Its as simple as that.

New England must die.

tube517
10-23-2017, 05:53 AM
Super Bowl losers rarely make it far in the following season anymore.

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 05:57 AM
The Rams and Jaguars are the two best teams right now for the point differenciel(+ 74 and + 73)

Jaguars won their 4 games by 21 points or more.Dangerous team, but they need to be more consistent.

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 06:09 AM

SteelerFanInStl
10-23-2017, 07:52 AM
They are a mess - they miss Shanahan as OC and everything went right last season - when you have a shot at a championship you best not miss - ask Dan Marino how that works

Yep. They had a miraculous run last year where everything fell into place until the 4th quarter of the SB. Now they're not close to being the same team.

Edman
10-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Jaguars won their 4 games by 21 points or more.Dangerous team, but they need to be more consistent.

This years' Jaguars are last years' Dolphins. Came out of nowhere and got a jump on teams. They'll be in the mix in December, but their flaws will bury them in the end.

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 08:15 AM
This years' Jaguars are last years' Dolphins. Came out of nowhere and got a jump on teams. They'll be in the mix in December, but their flaws will bury them in the end.

I think jaguars are better than last year's dolphins...The dolphins had a favorable schedule and they had a negative point differenciel...The Jaguars are at + 73 right now!

But that does not mean that the Jaguars are going to be in the playoffs, they can but they need to have 2 good games in a row.

tube517
10-23-2017, 08:26 AM
The Rams and Jaguars are the two best teams right now for the point differenciel(+ 74 and + 73)

They need a QB.

polamalubeast
10-23-2017, 08:27 AM
They need a QB.

The jaguars would be a super bowl contender with a top 10 QB.

BostonBlackie
10-23-2017, 09:11 AM
Hideous Brady INT........................

Brady has those in him, but that may be his worst.

hawaiiansteeler
10-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Pats defense is playing better

Devin McCourty: Dont’a Hightower a “tough loss”

Posted by Josh Alper on October 26, 2017

The Patriots will be playing the rest of the season without linebacker Dont'a Hightower after Hightower tore his pectoral muscle in last Sunday’s victory over the Falcons.

Hightower has been a key piece of the Patriots defense for years and one of his longtime teammates said he knows it is “very frustrating” for the linebacker to deal with this injury. Safety Devin McCourty also shared what he thinks Hightower’s loss will mean for the defense.

“It’s a tough loss,” McCourty said in comments distributed by the team. “I mean, obviously, he’s a guy who’s been out there for a lot of years now, played multiple roles on the defense, different spots, communication, everything. I mean, he’s a huge part of what we do.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/26/devin-mccourty-donta-hightower-a-tough-loss/