PDA

View Full Version : AB Is The Best WR Since Rice

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-15-2017, 09:41 PM
Will he catch him who knows and possible but what a beast he is. I get tired of announcers saying he is arguably the best WR in football. Who the heck is arguing and he is by sure the best WR in football ? Ps. I love Romo as announcer but there is AB then the rest of the WR's in the league.

st33lersguy
10-15-2017, 09:48 PM
What he has done since 2013 has been amazing. Heck since then, he's done things not even Rice did. Longevity will be key with him, and the longer he does his thing, the better his standing in NFL history

10-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Agreed Bro!

- - - Updated - - -

If AB's career stop now he very well could make the hall of fame because that is how dominate he is and if they let Terrell Davis in.

AtlantaDan
10-15-2017, 09:58 PM
Will he catch him who knows and possible but what a beast he is. I get tired of announcers saying he is arguably the best WR in football. Who the heck is arguing and he is by sure the best WR in football ? Ps. I love Romo as announcer but there is AB then the rest of the WR's in the league.

At first I thought no way

But since Rice TO had 5 All Pro seasons and Moss had 4 (this link to All Pros over the years is great for anyone who has been a long time fan)

http://packers.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NFL_All-Pro_Teams

Barring injury he is getting there with three straight All Pro seasons heading for 4 (Rice had 10 in 11 seasons from 1986-1996)

fansince'76
10-15-2017, 10:00 PM
AB's concentration is amazing, it really is.

SteelMayhem72
10-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Will he catch him who knows and possible but what a beast he is. I get tired of announcers saying he is arguably the best WR in football. Who the heck is arguing and he is by sure the best WR in football ? Ps. I love Romo as announcer but there is AB then the rest of the WR's in the league.Agreed...i also have to say...Romo is the best analyst/announcer i have heard in a long time. Hes a sharp cookie that really understands

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
10-15-2017, 10:06 PM
They all say he is arguably the best because there are always some homers that disagree...i was serious about romo...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

10-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Agreed...i also have to say...Romo is the best analyst/announcer i have heard in a long time. Hes a sharp cookie that really understands

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk Agreed and he is just likable as well. Millions times better then know it all Simm's. Damn if we could just get rid of Nance!

Lady Steel
10-16-2017, 12:13 AM
Antonio puts in the work, and it shows.

Count Steeler
10-16-2017, 06:06 AM
Inch for inch, he may be better. Rice was gifted with being taller. Brown is a grinder and you can see the effort he puts in and his intensity.

teegre
10-16-2017, 06:14 AM
AB is also undefeated against Gatorade coolers. :lol:

43Hitman
10-16-2017, 09:31 AM
When AB retires maybe he can be a wedding crasher like the GOAT also. :lol:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/10/4/16417304/jerry-rice-wedding-crasher-san-francisco-49ers-bay-area

tube517
10-16-2017, 09:38 AM
But Broadcasting HOF'er Ryan Clark says AB is just fooling us???? :sarcasm: :lol:

86WARD
10-16-2017, 10:10 AM
The conversation should go AB, Moss and Megatron. Anything else is just nonsense and if AB keeps playing the way he is and is able to get through another contract after this, it could just be a Rice, AB converstaion.

DesertSteel
10-16-2017, 11:07 AM
The conversation should go AB, Moss and Megatron. Anything else is just nonsense and if AB keeps playing the way he is and is able to get through another contract after this, it could just be a Rice, AB converstaion.
I'd put AB over Megatron right now. Moss was a different cat. Moss was the most talented WR ever, but Rice had the greater career.

ALLD
10-16-2017, 02:10 PM
AB has better TD celebrations than Rice.

teegre
10-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Moss was the most talented WR ever, but Rice had the greater career.

There was an article in SI about a decade ago, where Quinton Jammer described how difficult it was to cover Moss.

In a nutshell, Jammer said that he could usually get a read on when the ball was coming by looking for cues from the receiver: eyes getting bigger, hands moving into position, et cetera. But, with Moss, it was as if he was playing backyard football (so relaxed and nonchalant) that the ball would drop right into Moss's hands before any CB had a chance to react, let alone turn & look for the ball.

And, that was on top of the fact that Moss was far superior physically to any other player on the field.

If Moss had had AB's work ethic, Moss would have put up 2,000 yard seasons regularly.

DesertSteel
10-16-2017, 02:21 PM
If Moss had had AB's work ethic, Moss would have put up 2,000 yard seasons regularly.

QFT

Plus he's a much nicer guy than his reputation when he was playing.