PDA

View Full Version : Watch: Haley’s Scheme Doesn’t Do Roethlisberger Any Favors In Loss To Jags

Shoes
10-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Back at it to talk to the tape as we do every Thursday. As I’m sure you’d expect, focus is back on the Pittsburgh Steelers’offense and the issues they faced in Sunday’s loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/watch-haleys-scheme-doesnt-roethlisberger-favors-loss-jags/

pczach
10-13-2017, 06:02 AM
Much of that is undeniable. Many coaches are able to constantly get wide open receivers by scheme and route combinations.

Haley has not been taking advantage of the rules the way many other teams are doing. If he doesn't adjust to the way the game is being played and officiated, they are going to be left behind.

They need to be using more bunch formations, pick plays, and adjust some of his route combinations. On one of Ben's interceptions, a CB was able to come off his man and make an interception. The spacing is not conducive to making plays for the offense. Either the WR or WRs ran the wrong route, or the design of the play is bad. WRs should not be so close that a defender could come off one man and make a play on the ball if his eyes are looking back for the ball.

If the WRs are the problem, then why are they screwing up so much? If the spacing is the problem, why is it not being addressed and changed? Why doesn't the offense use more pick plays? Why isn't there more play action passing?

These are legit questions.

fansince'76
10-13-2017, 06:26 AM
So...hire Arians? :chuckle:

st33lersguy
10-13-2017, 02:33 PM
I think it is generous to suggest Haley has a scheme

steel striker
10-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Too many short underneath routes and, screens that don't work.

43Hitman
10-13-2017, 03:47 PM
The one thing that I wondered about most in the game with the Jags was, why are we running routes to beat man coverage when the Jags are in zone. I think Rich Gannon may have even said something about it at the time too. They consistently had Bryant running crossing routes and when he caught the ball there was a LB or safety waiting for him. They didn't even have to leave their zone, they just had to wait.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Too many short underneath routes and, screens that don't work.

So what is the answer? Should they have thrown the ball vertical more?

Edman
10-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Failing scheme, and the players are not executing the plays that are there to be made (Ben overthrowing guys, forcing the ball to AB, offense has no rhythm).

Result: Anemic offense.

DesertSteel
10-14-2017, 01:45 PM
The Jimmys and the Joes are failing more than the X's and the O's.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-15-2017, 10:59 PM
That scheme of Haley didn't do them any good today either. :sarcasm2: