PDA

View Full Version : Burns Scared?

Steeldude
10-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Does Burns look scared against the run? Read the article and take a look at the video in the link below. To me that looked like he just didn't want to be involved in stopping the RB.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/artie-burns-bowing-run/

Mojouw
10-10-2017, 05:51 PM
From same article:
"For comparison, last year, Burns had 17 run tackles. That led all Steelers’ corners. Four of those could be considered successful stops, tackle for a short gain on 1st/2nd and long."

He came up and delivered a few run tackles in the Jax game - unfortunately well downfield. I don't think it is a matter of "want to" for Burns, I think it is a matter of "doesn't know how to".

Everything said that coming out of school he was super raw and didn't even know football basics, let alone the nuances of his position. Many talked about how as a DB he was just one of those turn and run with the guy kind of athletes.

I think overall, Burns doesn't play any aspect of the game with the physicality of a dude his size would seem to be able to. My hope is that is because he is 22 or so and this past off-season was basically the first time he was "all-in" full time on football.

Or he could be the next in a long line of DBs that does not like contact. I guess only time will tell?

teegre
10-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Does Burns look scared against the run? Read the article and take a look at the video in the link below. To me that looked like he just didn't want to be involved in stopping the RB.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/artie-burns-bowing-run/

Good question.

On one hand, he led CBs with 17 tackles. On the other hand, it seemed (to me) that he missed a LOT of tackles.

As Mojouw stated: the dude is a track star turned football player (so, only time & training will tell).

Lastly, that vid could be interpreted two ways:
—Burns tripped as he turned to get the RB
—Burns fell in order to avoid having to make the tackle

DesertSteel
10-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Or he could be the next in a long line of DBs that does not like contact. I guess only time will tell?
Not everyone can be a beast like Deion Sanders.

86WARD
10-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Zero run tackles? Lol.

ALLD
10-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Maybe he is covering for an injury not to be repeated?