PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Vs Jaguars Winners/Losers

Shoes
10-08-2017, 04:08 PM
WINNERS
Ryan Shazier: I know he wasn’t perfect today, and neither was the defense, but he was about as good as it got. Another interception, his sixth in ten games, and he added in a pass breakup for good measure. When the Steelers got splash plays, #50 was usually in the vicinity.
Chris Boswell: The only source of offense on an otherwise abysmal day. Boswell was 3/3 on his field goals. None particularly challenging but on a day like this, the bar’s been set limbo-low.

Tyson Alualu: You can probably tell I’m already reaching. Alualu looked good in a more limited role. Had one great stack and shed of left tackle Cam Robinson early in the game. The run defense waned but it was really solid through the first three quarters.

Antonio Brown: Usual suspect #1. The only consistent downfield threat. He put up big numbers again, including a 49 yard catch on the game’s first play, finishing with 10 receptions for157 yards.
Le’Veon Bell: Usual suspect #2. Bell was really solid on the ground today, and you have to wonder why they didn’t run the ball more, and he’s as involved in the pass game as he’s been in quite some time. He ran with power, created on his own, and you can’t blame him for today’s loss.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/steelers-vs-jaguars-winnerslosers/

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-08-2017, 04:10 PM
AB could be the next Jerry Rice if he didn't have Ben holding him back. Just think if he had Elite QB'S throwing to him like Montana and Young.

pczach
10-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah, AB has really been held down by having record numbers over the last several years and Ben throwing for around 5000 yards a year.

I can't stand when fans watch a bad game and then completely lose hold of reality or reason.

10-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Oh yeah, AB has really been held down by having record numbers over the last several years and Ben throwing for around 5000 yards a year.

I can't stand when fans watch a bad game and then completely lose hold of reality or reason. Sarcasm. We need to be not so serious and just a game. Like I said I think we beat KC next week with Ben.

Craic
10-08-2017, 04:18 PM
AB could be the next Jerry Rice if he didn't have Ben holding him back. Just think if he had Elite QB'S throwing to him like Montana and Young.
That's a bit of projecting 2017 Ben over the last few years. Ben's been a borderline elite QB pretty much all of AB's career except for this year. His passing numbers prove it as well. Only Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Eli Manning have more yards than him, and Ben's put up the majority of his numbers since 2010.

10-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Point being Ben is the Goat this week and needs to own it!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a bit of projecting 2017 Ben over the last few years. Ben's been a borderline elite QB pretty much all of AB's career except for this year. His passing numbers prove it as well. Only Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Eli Manning have more yards than him, and Ben's put up the majority of his numbers since 2010. Again sarcasm and think Ben has been great for AB.

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Winners: Anyone who found something else to do with their Sunday.

Losers: All of us that watched that gut-punch of a game.

10-08-2017, 04:23 PM

Losers: All of us that watched that gut-punch of a game. Haha post of the day!

Craic
10-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Point being Ben is the Goat this week and needs to own it!

I'm not sure I'd put it all on him, but I definitely agree Ben is one of the Goats this week.

Again sarcasm and think Ben has been great for AB.

You forgot the sarcasm font. It's why I lobbied for years on Steelers Fever to get one of these :sarcasm: :chuckle:

JayC
10-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Winner: me, i sold my tickets
Loser: The person who bought them off me

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Winner: Father Time
Loser: Ben Roethlisberger

10-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Yea the font could be needed lol. Kinda hard not to put all the blame on Ben since that was the worse of his career. 5 ints and two pick sixes. I can't remember as worse game from him but may be wrong.

fansince'76
10-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Loser: The person who bought them off me

Not sure why, but this struck me as being really funny. :lol:

10-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Loser: The person who bought them off me Winner the Jags fan who bought them of you on the cheap.

86WARD
10-08-2017, 04:29 PM

Lol. It was a rare Sunday not watching the game for me, had kids football game but I do feel like a winner and breakable things in my house feel like they won as well.

Neversatisfied
10-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Ben hasnt had just one bad game, hell its not just a poor season, at the end of last season Ben knew it was time to hang his cleats up but the Steelers were in NO position to replace him. The Steelers asked Ben to come back and with a supporting cast he would be able to lead this team to a quality season. The truth is Ben is not mobile not even close,he has lost a great deal of his arm strength and his accuracy is not up to par. Suggesting this was a one game thing is incorrect. This loss was a culmination of the Steelers weaknesses that have existed for more than one season.
1. Very poor Coaching
2. Missed tackles
3. An underperforming offensive line
4. Leveon Bell just isnt up to speed
5. Ben after 13 seasons has hit the wall

10-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Ben hasnt had just one bad game, hell its not just a poor season, at the end of last season Ben knew it was time to hang his cleats up but the Steelers were in NO position to replace him. The Steelers asked Ben to come back and with a supporting cast he would be able to lead this team to a quality season. The truth is Ben is not mobile not even close,he has lost a great deal of his arm strength and his accuracy is not up to par. Suggesting this was a one game thing is incorrect. This loss was a culmination of the Steelers weaknesses that have existed for more than one season.
1. Very poor Coaching
2. Missed tackles
5. Ben after 13 seasons has hit the wall Ben needs to retire after this season. That said with the talent on this team and Ben still can fling it. If he gets the fire back we can still win the Superbowl this year with him. We will beat KC next week!

Shoes
10-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Ben needs to retire after this season. That said with the talent on this team and Ben still can fling it. If he gets the fire back we can still win the Superbowl this year with him. We will beat KC next week!

only if Smith and Hunt break a leg.

st33lersguy
10-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Winner: Jags
Loser: steelers

BurghBoy412
10-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Winner: Bengals, Ravens
Loser: Steelers

pczach
10-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Not sure why, but this struck me as being really funny. :lol:

I can tell you why. It was hilarious in the face of the pain of watching this game. :sofunny:

I admit...I did laugh out loud.

10-08-2017, 04:58 PM
[/B]
only if Smith and Hunt break a leg. They will win and Ben only plays good against good competition. I miss the old days when Ben had the fire to play good against anyone.

st33lersguy
10-08-2017, 05:01 PM
[/B]
only if Smith and Hunt break a leg.

Even then, they'll still lose.

Craic
10-08-2017, 05:07 PM
1. Very poor Coaching
Funny how often we hear this when they lose, but seldom hear the opposite when they win. Do I always like the coaching decisions? No, I don't. But after a decade of football, I doubt very much "poor coaching" is to blame for our 10 year record. And, please, anyone, don't start with the "Cowher's guys" bit.

2. Missed tackles
That's true, to a point. Missed tackles weren't the problem today, however. The offense not scoring and instead, allowing the opposing D to put up 14 points and giving them great field position for an additional 7 points was the problem.

Absolutely. Funny how several people were saying we can drop whomever we want off the line and it doesn't matter since Munch is here. We can simply plug and play. Seems that's not actually true.

This is flat out wrong. Bell hit his stride in the Ravens game and it was there today as well. He is fast, he's running on his toes now (meaning he has that spring in his step and the ability to cut and dance with speed). For problems in the run game, see number 3 and 5.

5. Ben after 13 seasons has hit the wall
This, sadly, is probably the truest statement here. I hate to admit it and hope you and I both are seriously wrong. But I really don't think so.

Born2Steel
10-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Winners ???

Losers Any idea of a decent game plan.

10-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Winners ???

Losers Any idea of a decent game plan. Regardless of the game plan Ben spotted the Jags 14 points and was kind enough to give them three more ints.

Born2Steel
10-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Regardless of the game plan Ben spotted the Jags 14 points and was kind enough to give them three more ints.

Regardless of the game plan? The game plan was to throw the ball against one of the better secondaries in the league currently. That is just stupid game planning. Maybe we executed the game plan perfectly. That is what the result of THAT game plan gets you. It was a stupid game plan. PERIOD!

10-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Regardless of the game plan? The game plan was to throw the ball against one of the better secondaries in the league currently. That is just stupid game planning. Maybe we executed the game plan perfectly. That is what the result of THAT game plan gets you. It was a stupid game plan. PERIOD! I actually thought the game plan was okay and Ben was doing good getting first downs dunking to Bell. This LOSS is on Ben!

Born2Steel
10-08-2017, 06:16 PM
I actually thought the game plan was okay and Ben was doing good getting first downs dunking to Bell. This LOSS is on Ben!

22 pass attempts in the first half. Not when we were playing catchup. In the first half. 22 pass attempts. That was the game plan. That is not the correct game plan against the Jags. Ben executing the game plan was what lost this game. He was PERFECT with short yardage throws, PERFECT. It was the downfield passes, the ones he never should have thrown, the ones that should have been scrapped from the playbook this week, those were the ones that lost this game. The defense gave up ZERO YARDS in the 3rd quarter. The quarter that gave up 13 points on pick 6s. Again, those plays should not have even been part of today's game plan. It was definitely the game plan today. Just pitiful.

Moose
10-08-2017, 06:29 PM
WINNERS - Jaguar player's and fan's.
LOSERS - Steeler player's and fan's.

SteelerFanInStl
10-08-2017, 07:15 PM

thread winner

Steeldude
10-08-2017, 10:12 PM
The LBs don't look too swift. Missing gaps, missing tackles, not much pressure...

What exactly was the game plan? Was it more throw it up and pray?

Shoes
10-08-2017, 10:17 PM
The LBs don't look too swift. Missing gaps, missing tackles, not much pressure...

What exactly was the game plan? Was it more throw it up and pray?

Don't think so, more like throw it up and hope you get a flag. :chuckle:

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Lemme guess, James Harrison and running the ball? That is apparently like snake oil - cures everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoes
10-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Lemme guess, James Harrison and running the ball? That is apparently like snake oil - cures everything.

:lol:

SteelMayhem72
10-08-2017, 10:48 PM
WINNERS
Ryan Shazier: I know he wasn’t perfect today, and neither was the defense, but he was about as good as it got. Another interception, his sixth in ten games, and he added in a pass breakup for good measure. When the Steelers got splash plays, #50 was usually in the vicinity.
Chris Boswell: The only source of offense on an otherwise abysmal day. Boswell was 3/3 on his field goals. None particularly challenging but on a day like this, the bar’s been set limbo-low.

Tyson Alualu: You can probably tell I’m already reaching. Alualu looked good in a more limited role. Had one great stack and shed of left tackle Cam Robinson early in the game. The run defense waned but it was really solid through the first three quarters.

Antonio Brown: Usual suspect #1. The only consistent downfield threat. He put up big numbers again, including a 49 yard catch on the game’s first play, finishing with 10 receptions for157 yards.
Le’Veon Bell: Usual suspect #2. Bell was really solid on the ground today, and you have to wonder why they didn’t run the ball more, and he’s as involved in the pass game as he’s been in quite some time. He ran with power, created on his own, and you can’t blame him for today’s loss.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/steelers-vs-jaguars-winnerslosers/Ryan shazier has been the brightest spot on the whole damn team to be totally honest from opening day till now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

86WARD
10-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Once the defense gets their shit together, Shazier will get hurt...lol. Typical...

Steeldude
10-08-2017, 11:16 PM

It can't hurt. In the past it has helped. Let me guess, keeping the status quo cures everything? Praying is the best offense, right?

I remember people saying the same thing about Harrison when he left. Funny how the attitude and demeanor of the defense changed when he came back. But you are right, keep Harrison inactive all year. That will surely fix everything.

Dupree looked like complete crap. Has this guy ever been a game changer yet? He is really filling those gaps. I recall him slowly trotting after the Bears RB went down the sideline. No husstle at all. But that's ok, we need more Woodleys on the defense. I guess his fifth year is when he will break out.

I guess you see the LBs playing outstanding while I see them playing sub-par.

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Nope. I've repeatedly pointed out the less than stellar LBer play. But a front 7 of HOFers wouldn't make much of a difference when the QB scores 14 points for the other team. Then gives the ball away 3 more times.

Four Bette could've gained zero yards and the JAGs scored 0 points on offense and the Steelers still would've lost.

But Dupree and Watt over Harrison is still really worth diving into.

Steeldude
10-09-2017, 12:17 AM
I would like to see Harrison play more, especially in place of Dupree. Dupree is struggling and it's his 3rd year.

Williams isn't doing so great either at ILB. But I wouldn't replace him with Matakevich. I would like to see Matakevich on the field for 4 or so plays. Let's see how slow he is compared to Williams. He seems to have good instincts, but that all remains to be seen. Shazier looks skinnier this season. He is fast, but his tackling leaves a lot to be desired and he isn't really strong against the blocks. Hard to tell though from just watching the game once.

The Steelers will face a good QB for the first time next week. It's going to be tough