PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

EzraTank
10-08-2017, 03:07 PM
I posted this in the GT but seriously we beat two crappy teams and a team without their starting QB.

We've lost to two crappy teams. Next week is going to be ugly.

SteelerFanInStl
10-08-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm tired of the attitude of this team. Too many 'me first' players and no control by Tomlin

NCSteeler
10-08-2017, 03:10 PM
I posted this in the GT but seriously we beat two crappy teams and a team without their starting QB.

We've lost to two crappy teams. Next week is going to be ugly.This team truly does suck. It has not been a matter of playing down this year. They have sucked in each and every game. Maybe Ben should have retired.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

86WARD
10-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Jacksonville isn’t a crappy team. They have a great pass defense, their run defense is poor but the pass defense is really good and they run the ball well and they pound it no matter what...vintage Tom Coughlin. This Jags team today looked like the early Jags team with Fred Taylor and Mark Brunnell.

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm tired of the attitude of this team. Too many 'me first' players and no control by Tomlin

This had nothing to do with attitude. Defense played well - or at least well enough to win.

WRs were open and outside of Justin Hunter, ran good routes and made great efforts to secure catches and get some YAC.

O line and Bell did fair to decent.

Ben R stunk from the jump and Chris Hubbard got whupped in pass protection. That isn't attitude - that's execution.

st33lersguy
10-08-2017, 03:17 PM
When your QB plays that bad, odds are you are going to lose. Of course the fact that the offensive playcalling is primarily concerned with calling plays that do not work and being a moron isn't helping either

SteelerFanInStl
10-08-2017, 03:21 PM
This had nothing to do with attitude. Defense played well - or at least well enough to win.

WRs were open and outside of Justin Hunter, ran good routes and made great efforts to secure catches and get some YAC.

Ben R stunk from the jump and Chris Hubbard got whupped in pass protection. That isn't attitude - that's execution.
Who said that I was just talking about this game? I'm tired of players celebrating on every damn play, Mitchell, Burns, etc. Too many individuals on this team and not enough team players.

The defense didn't make stops when they needed to but I'm certainly not going to put any blame on them for this loss. They played reasonably well.

BlackAndGold
10-08-2017, 03:22 PM
I feel bad for the Pittsburgh fans that don't watch the Penguins.

Fun to watch winners play.

EzraTank
10-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Oh and watching guys on defense celebrate making a tackle after giving up 9 yards ... please stop.

Shoes
10-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Mike Mitchell is a nut case. Fournette get a 12 yard run, get's the first down, Mitchell finally makes the tackle, then jumps up celebrating. :crazy:

AtlantaDan
10-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Mike Mitchell is a nut case. Fournette get a 12 yard run, get's the first down, Mitchell finally makes the tackle, then jumps up celebrating. :crazy:

I thought on that 4th quarter play (on the long time killing drive in front of Steelers bench around midfield?) Mitchell actually was exasperated Fournette got outside again

But given how Mitchell acts that certainly could have been a celebration

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Who said that I was just talking about this game? I'm tired of players celebrating on every damn play, Mitchell, Burns, etc. Too many individuals on this team and not enough team players.

The defense didn't make stops when they needed to but I'm certainly not going to put any blame on them for this loss. They played reasonably well.

I assumed since it was in a post-game thread that it would be on the game that literally just happened. Clearly I was wrong.

I could care less about the celebrating. I would settle for guys simply doing their jobs. Bud Dupree got caught drifting down the line multiple times today. Stay in your lane and fill your gap. There are more than enough capable playmakers on this defense. No need to press.

I also hate to be super negative, but someone really needs to explain to me what Sean Davis does each game?

BurghBoy412
10-08-2017, 03:32 PM
If they can fix the red zone Offense they'll be ok.

Crow-Magnon
10-08-2017, 03:33 PM
I feel your pain. At least the D didn’t give up over 40+ points.

86WARD
10-08-2017, 04:13 PM

D played well? Lol. 181 rushing yards and 2TDs for Fournette? They didn’t do anything to stop the Jags strengths.

pczach
10-08-2017, 04:18 PM
D played well? Lol. 181 rushing yards and 2TDs for Fournette? They didn’t do anything to stop the Jags strengths.

To be fair, they did give up about 70 yards on that last play for a TD. They sold out to stuff them at the line of scrimmage and sold out. They created a hole, and he was off to the races.

I'm going to be a lot harder on the offense than the defense in this game. I get your point though, it wasn't great when they really needed them to be great.

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 04:20 PM

50% of the yards and TDs were on one play in garbage time. Prior to that the D had only surrendered 9 points I think. Call it ten if you want to count the missed PAT. Plus that was on a short field after a TO.

Am I totally impressed by this defense? Nope. DO they have a serious problem against the run? Of course. But this game was not something that I am willing to lay at thier feet in any way shape or form.

Craic
10-08-2017, 04:29 PM
To be fair, they did give up about 70 yards on that last play for a TD. They sold out to stuff them at the line of scrimmage and sold out. They created a hole, and he was off to the races.

I'm going to be a lot harder on the offense than the defense in this game. I get your point though, it wasn't great when they really needed them to be great.

50% of the yards and TDs were on one play in garbage time. Prior to that the D had only surrendered 9 points I think. Call it ten if you want to count the missed PAT. Plus that was on a short field after a TO.

Am I totally impressed by this defense? Nope. DO they have a serious problem against the run? Of course. But this game was not something that I am willing to lay at thier feet in any way shape or form.

This and this.

There's no reason to lay anything at the feet of the defense for this game. They kept the Steelers in the game. Twenty-one points off turnovers, fourteen of which came from two defensive TDs and a third on a pretty short field against the Steelers. Moreover, all of that in a game where the final score was 30-9. I'm not really sure how you blame the defense for that one.

86WARD
10-08-2017, 04:33 PM

Week in and week out people want to call the defense impressive other that the big plays. News flash, the big plays count...you can’t ignore them and week in and week out, this team gives up big plays via the run game. Every single week. But let’s eliminate those today for argument sake. So more concerning is that the defense just gave up a 90 yard TD in “garbage time” because they just didn’t want to play anymore? But it doesn’t really count. That makes me feel much better.

I’m not blaming the defense for the loss, they just aren’t impressive. Nothing on this team is. They are below average at best right now.

Shoes
10-08-2017, 04:40 PM
If they can fix the red zone Offense they'll be ok.

The red zone woe's go way back.

Mojouw
10-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Week in and week out people want to call the defense impressive other that the big plays. News flash, the big plays count...you can’t ignore them and week in and week out, this team gives up big plays via the run game. Every single week. But let’s eliminate those today for argument sake. So more concerning is that the defense just gave up a 90 yard TD in “garbage time” because they just didn’t want to play anymore? But it doesn’t really count. That makes me feel much better.

I’m not blaming the defense for the loss, they just aren’t impressive. Nothing on this team is. They are below average at best right now.

LIke Craic said, they totally sold out to get a stop and they got beat. Like the Zeke Elliot run last year.

More concerning for me, is the totally crap gap discipline by guys like Dupree, Davis, and I think Williams a few times as well. Everyone is trying to cheat a step or three to make a play, then when the play comes back their way they are left flat footed and out of position.

That I will put on coaching. One game, no big deal. Two games+ - that's a trend. Maybe someone needs to meet some pine. If it is good enough for Eli Rogers?

Problem is, you can't bench anyone this week unless you also bench Ben R. Since that is not going to happen, all you can do is hope they "figure it out".

86WARD
10-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Over pursuit and selling out has been a theme with this defense from Week One and “more”. It’s a problem...reoccurring problem.

Craic
10-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Problem is, you can't bench anyone this week unless you also bench Ben R. Since that is not going to happen, all you can do is hope they "figure it out".
Funny you should say that. I just started a thread about how the thought of benching Ben crossed my mind for a second.

SteelMayhem72
10-08-2017, 05:08 PM
This team is having a problem every since the anthem thing and it starts with the coach and this culture with the celebrations after a routine tackle....team is undisciplined and i think Ben is mailing it in...just my opinion

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BurghBoy412
10-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm going to hold out hope that this was the loss that turns them around. If they don't win the next 2 games. I think it'll be damn near time to pack it in. I just have a hard time believing Ben will snap out of it at this point.

st33lersguy
10-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Sadly, I actually think we've got to the point where Sandy Dalton is the best QB in the division, yikes

SteelerFanInStl
10-08-2017, 06:38 PM
This team is having a problem every since the anthem thing and it starts with the coach and this culture with the celebrations after a routine tackle....team is undisciplined and i think Ben is mailing it in...just my opinion

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

Count Steeler
10-08-2017, 06:40 PM
The good: It was nice to see Steelers football for a change.

The bad: The guys that played Steelers football were not in the black and gold.

NCSteeler
10-08-2017, 07:17 PM
And don't look now Bengals are finding thier stride.

Shoes
10-08-2017, 07:38 PM
The good: It was nice to see Steelers football for a change.

The bad: The guys that played Steelers football were not in the black and gold.

:lol:

StillCurtains
10-08-2017, 11:58 PM

Whether you know it or not, when the offense is giving you nothing all game, the defense needs to start taking risks at the end of the game to try to secure a win. Can they do better? Yes, but what are they supposed to do but get risky as the clock is going against them and the offense can't outscore the N.Y. Yankees?

This poor play by this team so far this year is all on Ben. The excuse of age and not having it anymore is complete BS! The only thing Ben lacks from his younger years is his mobility. When you're the leader of the team and you're playing poorly it trickles down to the rest of the team.

You claim that the ACCG was too big for our young guys and ponder retirement. You talked of your displeasure of Bell not being in camp and needing the work. You jump on the radio every week and talk of AB being a distraction to the team. In both losses, he gets politically correct and takes the blame saying he needs to play better. Does anyone believe he feels he is the blame? I don't!

I don't believe it when you constantly call out other players. I don't believe it when you allow Tomlin to give you a veteran's practice day off every week. If you really feel you need to play better, you would put in the work and even extra work to get things corrected with the offense. Do you think Brady would take veteran's practice days off while playing so poorly? No! He would put in extra work.

Ben's issue isn't age or deterioration of skills. His problem is complacency. He lacks the work ethic in the film room, practices and working out the details with the offense. He wants to do just enough. We can blame Haley's play calling, but he calls the plays that Ben likes to run. Have you heard Ben complain about play calling the last several years? No! They're running the plays that he likes.

Ben knows he has argueably the most talented offensive cast in the league. He's been inaccurate this year because he's anxious and pressing trying to impose the will of his initial playcall despite what the defense is showing him. He throws into triple coverage. He only has one read and it's mostly AB. He feels his offensive cast is so talented that he doesn't have to check to another read.

He feels his offensive cast is so talented that they should get 20 plus yards on every play. He doesn't take what the defense is giving him. They throw bubble screens on 3rd and 15 and throw deep on 3rd and 2. That shows that he feels that they can get chunks of yards at will. That's not smart and effecient football and it's causing punts, turnovers, bad field position, lack of point production and lack of T.O.P.

All of this is making the offense out of sync and putting the defense in bad situations to succeed. He also has no interest in teams like Jacksonville. He has a casual, malaise type attitude towards these types of teams because he feels he will steamroll them with Madden 18 like play calling. He's only interested in marquee matchups. He puts more effort in marquee matchup games because he knows we will get blown out if he takes it casually.

This is why we look so bad. Ben's skillset hasn't deteriorated. It's his teenage like mindset of thinking they can just show up and run any play he sees fit and it will steamroll everyone that is killing this team.

BlackAndGold
10-09-2017, 12:29 AM
How great would a bye week be right now?

I usually dislike having one early, but damn this team needs some time to figure this shit out.

hawaiiansteeler
10-09-2017, 12:40 AM
When your QB plays that bad, odds are you are going to lose.

when your QB throws 5 INTs two of them pick sixes, odds are you are going to lose.

FrancoLambert
10-09-2017, 05:03 AM
Losses to Mike Glennon and Blake Bortles.......double UGH.

plenewken
10-09-2017, 05:53 AM
I feel bad for the Pittsburgh fans that don't watch the Penguins.

Fun to watch winners play.

You got that right!

Steeldude
10-09-2017, 06:02 AM

We've lost to two crappy teams. Next week is going to be ugly.

According to the rah-rah fans it doesn't matter. Just keep everything the same.

EzraTank
10-09-2017, 07:06 AM

Exactly. When you're facing Blake Bortles you better load the box and make him beat you.

86WARD
10-09-2017, 07:26 AM
How great would a bye week be right now?

I usually dislike having one early, but damn this team needs some time to figure this shit out.

It wouldn’t help. This team is fucked from the inside out right now. Locker room is fucked, coaching calls are fucked and on field play is fucked. They have a lot of work to do to straighten shit out and I’m not sure they have enough time to do it.

86WARD
10-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Exactly. When you're facing Blake Bortles you better load the box and make him beat you.

Yes. Forcing him to throw 14 passes, the least amount any QB has thrown in the last two years, isn’t a gameplan to win.

steel striker
10-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Look the Steelers had the then two pick 6's and, a couple of deflections still Ben played bad no other way to put it. The defense kept them in the game for a while 90 some yard TD in garbage time and, I hate to compare the two but, I remember Brady having a game a few ago we all saw how that turned out. Plus Brady had a five pick game against the bills a few years ago as well so, let's see how he plays this week.

NCSteeler
10-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Yes. Forcing him to throw 14 passes, the least amount any QB has thrown in the last two years, isn’t a gameplan to win.This. Again the Steelers show up without a specific game plan for the team they are playing . This has been a Hallmark of Tomlin coordinators

Steeldude
10-09-2017, 06:12 PM
This. Again the Steelers show up without a specific game plan for the team they are playing . This has been a Hallmark of Tomlin coordinators

Yep, but Tomlin is a mastermind and HOF coach. It doesn't what the game plan was because it is the fault of the players for not executing.

hawaiiansteeler
10-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Tomlin is a mastermind and HOF coach.

http://steelcityblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dm_131204_nfl_werder_tomlin_fined_100k.jpg

tube517
10-10-2017, 08:02 AM
http://steelcityblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dm_131204_nfl_werder_tomlin_fined_100k.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/98/87/c9/9887c9a59224e1298ffb89809115cbf1.jpg :chuckle: