PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: CB Cameron Sutton 'right on track'

polamalubeast
10-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Halfway through a mandatory stint on injured reserve, Cameron Sutton maintains he's “right on track” to re-join the Steelers' active roster as soon as he is eligible.

“Right on pace for what we need to do,” the rookie third-round pick said. “And we're right on track for getting me back to where I was playing at before — and how I was feeling before.”

Sutton was drafted 94th overall with intent for him to immediately plug into the secondary. But a hamstring injury marred much of his training camp, and the Tennessee alum opened the season on IR after his right hamstring was aggravated during the preseason finale.

By injured reserve rules, teams over the course of a season can return two players from IR to their active roster after eight weeks of being out.

Now through Week 4, Sutton is just two weeks away from being eligible to practice with the Steelers (Oct. 18). Sutton said Monday he “definitely will be ready to go” by then.

read more

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/12794157-74/steelers-notebook-cb-cameron-suton-right-on-track

Psycho Ward 86
10-02-2017, 07:10 PM
question is where does he even get snaps once hes healthy? i still expect an honorary redshirt rookie season barring injury

BurghBoy412
10-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Glad to hear he's on track

BlackAndGold
10-02-2017, 07:33 PM
The signing of Haden and the rise of Hilton has put an end to Sutton getting any major snaps this season, something a lot of fans predicted he would.

But if he's healthy they need to get him on the field somehow, hate seeing rookies not getting any type of PT or getting reps in practice. Maybe Brian Allen gets a little bruise and they place him on IR to bring on Sutton?

Hawkman
10-02-2017, 08:07 PM
He might start with some ST work.

DesertSteel
10-02-2017, 08:38 PM
There will likely be injuries to the group that will open playing time for him.

teegre
10-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Not too long ago, this secondary didn't have two CBs worthy of getting a helmet, let alone worthy of starting.

If Sutton can't get onto the field due to those in front of him playing lights out... well... that's a good problem to have (especially considering how awful this secondary recently has been).

BurghBoy412
10-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Not too long ago, this secondary didn't have two CBs worthy of getting a helmet, let alone worthy of starting.

If Sutton can't get onto the field due to those in front of him playing lights out... well... that's a good problem to have (especially considering how awful this secondary recently has been).Amen!

st33lersguy
10-02-2017, 10:37 PM
I am sure Sutton will end up on the field somehow if he returns to health, I am just glad they have some quality CBs ahead of him, even in the slot.

Texasteel
10-03-2017, 06:56 AM

If Sutton can't get onto the field due to those in front of him playing lights out... well... that's a good problem to have (especially considering how awful this secondary recently has been).

Wouldn't it a much better feeling trying to pick from the best of the good, rather than trying to stay away from the worst of the bad.

I like Sutton, and loved the Sutton pick, but if he can't win a job because our other CBs are playing that well, I'll be just as happy.

teegre
10-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't it a much better feeling trying to pick from the best of the good, rather than trying to stay away from the worst of the bad.

I like Sutton, and loved the Sutton pick, but if he can't win a job because our other CBs are playing that well, I'll be just as happy.

Bingo!!!

We liked Sutton in R1 in 2016. Then, he went back to school.

We really liked the Sutton pick in R3 in 2017 (steal).

So, we have been patiently waiting to see him line up a short a Steeler... and yet, we are both fine if he is forced to wait a little longer. As Denny Greene once said, "Too many good players (and not enough starting spots) is a good problem to have."

pczach
10-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Bingo!!!

We liked Sutton in R1 in 2016. Then, he went back to school.

We really liked the Sutton pick in R3 in 2017 (steal).

So, we have been patiently waiting to see him line up a short a Steeler... and yet, we are both fine if he is forced to wait a little longer. As Denny Greene once said, "Too many good players (and not enough starting spots) is a good problem to have."

:yup:

Texasteel
10-03-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm old enough to remember when the 2 best teams in the NFL were the Steelers, and the Steelers backups. It would please me to no end to have a backup that might be good enough to start on a lot of the other teams.