PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin on rules, anger, QB progressions

43Hitman
10-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Great Q&A session with Mike Tomlin. Enjoy!

Q. How in detail do you go over the more obscure rules with your players?

A. I do it as we come across them. Over the course of team development, if you snap the ball enough in preparation things come up. OTAs, training camp, preseason games, I always make a point to explain the obscure rules plays. There are plenty of opportunities for that. As an example, over the course of an OTA week, there are usually five-to-seven really obscure type plays that really provide an opportunity for dialogue. And then when you put a team in pads like we are in training camp, there are two or three of them daily. It’s been a good process for us, in terms of having a natural opportunity to discuss some of these things.

Q. In meeting the media on Thursday after practice, Keith Butler described himself as “pissed off” about the loss to the Bears. Can the head coach get “pissed off?”

A. Yes, and I do.

Q. What can that accomplish if he does? Is it a natural emotion, or something more calculated?

A. It’s a natural human emotion. Do I use it for our good? Absolutely. But it’s a very natural human emotion. We put a lot into our preparation, and there’s a lot at stake. When we come up short, there are natural human responses associated with that disappointment. There was a lot for us to be pissed about last week.

Read the rest of the article here: ​http://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on/article-4/Tomlin-on-rules-anger-QB-progressions/fc8ed6e1-3a2d-4709-92d0-f56ca1209aa8

Crow-Magnon
10-01-2017, 06:45 AM
Seriously? What a stupid question. Or should I say any HC that doesn't get pissed over an L that should have been a W has no business being a HC.