PDA

View Full Version : What I Think I know after 3 weeks

Mojouw
09-27-2017, 11:44 AM
This time it is pretty short and sweet.

1. Hargrave needs to play more. Bottom line. I don't care what formations and alignments you are trying to get on the field, Hargrave needs to also find his way out there. He is darn near unblockable.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09/film-room-javon-hargrave-becoming-handful-pass-rusher/

2. The vaunted o-line just isn't getting it done. They are not opening up running lanes. It isn't complicated or confusing, they are getting their ass kicked.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09/film-room-run-blocking-still-not/

3. The NFL really screwed the Steelers and Bryant with that lengthy suspension lifting process. Bryant is still working on getting his football timing back. If he wasn't coming off a year away from the game, he would have about 3 long TDs by now - if not more. Also, I do NOT care to re-litigate the entire Bryant issue. The bottom line, is at the end of the day the available facts indicate that the NFL had far more than enough information, signed pieces of paper, proposed structures, and what have you to lift Bryant's suspension. They chose not to because reasons? Screw the NFL and their random and capricious approach to player discipline.

4. Now that it is Week 4, maybe the real NFL season can start? Everyone should be about done the preseason now...

SteelMember
09-27-2017, 11:54 AM
Hopefully, Gilbert and Foster are back this week. You can't be "vaunted" when 40% of the o-line are backups. I hope Ben shows up too. That other guy in there just looks a bit off. :wink02:

Fowler already calling for us to change up the pass game a little with Hunter this week... we shall see.

Born2Steel
09-27-2017, 11:59 AM
After 3 weeks it looks like another season of wondering which team we will see week to week. Again. Just one season I would like to see consistency game to game. Even if it's bad. I'm not a gambling man, but I would like to be able to better know what to expect. Hopefully we can tackle this week.

tube517
09-27-2017, 12:50 PM

1. Hargrave needs to play more. Bottom line. I don't care what formations and alignments you are trying to get on the field, Hargrave needs to also find his way out there. He is darn near unblockable.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09/film-room-javon-hargrave-becoming-handful-pass-rusher/

2. The vaunted o-line just isn't getting it done. They are not opening up running lanes. It isn't complicated or confusing, they are getting their ass kicked.

3. The NFL really screwed the Steelers and Bryant with that lengthy suspension lifting process. Bryant is still working on getting his football timing back. If he wasn't coming off a year away from the game, he would have about 3 long TDs by now - if not more. Also, I do NOT care to re-litigate the entire Bryant issue. The bottom line, is at the end of the day the available facts indicate that the NFL had far more than enough information, signed pieces of paper, proposed structures, and what have you to lift Bryant's suspension. They chose not to because reasons? Screw the NFL and their random and capricious approach to player discipline.

4. Now that it is Week 4, maybe the real NFL season can start? Everyone should be about done the preseason now...

Born2Steel
09-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Ravens will be another run heavy offense. QB pressures are great when the QB is forced to pass. Let's get a couple scores up this game, then release the pass rush.

teegre
09-27-2017, 02:02 PM

1. As I've stated a dozen times, Hargrave might be the best player from the 2016 draft... which is saying something considering how much I like Burns & Davis.

2. :director: FIRE MUNCHAK!!!

3. Indeed. At the end of the first half, he was mugged (but, didn't draw a PI) by the CB... because, that CB was beaten badly. Teams are going to have a tough time stoping both Bryant and AB (once Bryant regains his sea legs).

4. The two Ravens games are the season. Every other game is merely for playoff seeding.

DesertSteel
09-27-2017, 02:06 PM
The 4th game should be enough with the excuses about training camp and preseason... Time to show up

steelreserve
09-27-2017, 02:23 PM
I sure hope they play Hargrave every down. If they look at him as a Nose Tackle with a capital N and a capital T, they're doing it wrong. The guy is just an athletic, disruptive difference-maker, and almost guaranteed to do more to mess up the play in any situation than whoever else would be in there instead.

Mojouw
09-27-2017, 03:19 PM
I sure hope they play Hargrave every down. If they look at him as a Nose Tackle with a capital N and a capital T, they're doing it wrong. The guy is just an athletic, disruptive difference-maker, and almost guaranteed to do more to mess up the play in any situation than whoever else would be in there instead.

So who between Tuitt and Heyward do you sit? Because that is what you're talking about.

I don't know the answer either. I wonder if you start messing around with a 4 man front and take Williams off?

Moose
09-27-2017, 03:22 PM
What I think I know after 3 weeks ...... this isn't a very good team, not even a real good team. The team is just okay. I haven't seen any determination, or 'kill' in their play. They are back to playing down to bottom feeder's. Missed tackles, bad throws, dropped balls ( even on kicks), undisciplined ( penalties), etc.,etc.. Coaches aren't preparing the team. I hate to say it, but I can't look at the schedule and see any definite wins at this stage of the season. I'm not sure I'll be watching game 4, probably not .....just not in a football frame of mind anymore. I probably will check in time to time throughout the season, or maybe not. Might just spend my Sunday's on the ole' motorcycle enjoy peace/quiet and NO POLITICS ! Good luck Steeler's !

FeelTHESteel
09-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Its been 5 long yrs since we last won in Ratbird Territory.. enough of the talk & time for the Steelers to leave the stadium with a W walk.

Nothing would make me more happier than seeing ol Donkey Suggs reduced to near tears with a loss in front of home crowd.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
09-28-2017, 05:34 PM
This team is just plain sloppy, the offense aside from AB has played poorly, and their performance on the road has just been awful. They have been outscored on the road this year after playing 2 of the worst teams in the NFL

SteelMember
09-29-2017, 12:22 PM
This team is just plain sloppy, the offense aside from AB has played poorly, and their performance on the road has just been awful. They have been outscored on the road this year after playing 2 of the worst teams in the NFL

So, you're sayin' we have a chance... :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2017, 03:34 PM
So who between Tuitt and Heyward do you sit? Because that is what you're talking about.

I don't know the answer either. I wonder if you start messing around with a 4 man front and take Williams off?

split the difference evenly. give both of them a breather, alternating, as the game progresses

86WARD
09-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Heard in the radio...Steelers are the ONLY team NOT to score 10 or more points in a quarter this year.

Born2Steel
09-29-2017, 04:57 PM
OMG!

Psycho Ward 86
09-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Heard in the radio...Steelers are the ONLY team NOT to score 10 or more points in a quarter this year.

of course we are. with probably the most talented offense in franchise history to boot

GBMelBlount
09-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Two of our top three offensive weapons are still getting up to speed.

Add a very young defense that is still learning.

What are we at, 70% of our potential?

Happy to be tied for first place and hoping like last year to:

1. Make playoffs
2. Be healthy
3. Peak at the right time