PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Offensive mindset vs Patriots needs to return.

StillCurtains
09-26-2017, 04:01 PM
First off I would like to say that there is nothing wrong with Bell. Bell is getting the yards that are there for him to make.

Ben has just come out and admitted that he is locking in on AB too much and needs to take what the defense is giving them. The offense seems to be operating in reverse. First off the bubble screens don't work. In situations like 3rd and 11 we throw short routes and bubble screens and get stopped short of the sticks forcing us to punt. They don't run any intermediate routes to move the sticks on 3rd and long.

On 3rd and short we throw deep and are forced to punt. We refuse to call short routes to extend the drive. Ben has gotten a mindset that we need 20 yards or more on every play.
Taking what is there will not only lossen up the defense for the explosive play but will also open up the running game for Bell.

Force feeding AB is making this offense out of sync. Ben is leaving them out on the field cold because they're not getting enough targets. I know it's said that QB's need to get in rhythm but so do the receivers. They can't get into rhythm with a lack of targets.

The short and intermediate passing game needs to return to make the deep passing game more effective. This is what they did with their matchup with New England in 2010.New England played deep and Ben spread them out and destroyed them all game with short and intermediate routes. He took what was there.

This is the offensive mentality that we need to return. If you want to play deep in coverage, we will pick you apart all the way down the field. I can only hope that they return to this philosophy.

tube517
09-26-2017, 04:09 PM
I think you mean the 2011 game that the Steelers won??

Steelers got blown out in the 2010 game and Ben got some garbage time TDs but the game wasn't really that close.

Iron Steeler
09-26-2017, 04:12 PM
"Force feeding AB is making this offense out of sync. Ben is leaving them out on the field cold because they're not getting enough targets. I know it's said that QB's need to get in rhythm but so do the receivers. They can't get into rhythm with a lack of targets."

I can agree with you here. Bryant needs to get involved in the game early . in Fact like you said just take what the defense if giving you. Hit the check down quickly if nothing is there so Bell can make a move with he ball

StillCurtains
09-26-2017, 04:12 PM
I think you mean the 2011 game that the Steelers won??

Steelers got blown out in the 2010 game and Ben got some garbage time TDs but the game wasn't really that close.

True! Thanks!!! Changed it!

BostonBlackie
09-27-2017, 01:02 AM
poor quality, but this is the game I think you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL1RPR5zp0Q

DesertSteel
09-27-2017, 02:49 PM
First off I would like to say that there is nothing wrong with Bell. Bell is getting the yards that are there for him to make.

If a RB wants $15M a year, he better make a few yards that aren't there to make.