PDA

View Full Version : Steelers.com: Hearing from Coach Tomlin

stillers4me
09-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Hearing from Coach Tomlin

Posted 24 minutes ago

On getting a hat, rookies, the practice squad

Throughout the 2010 NFL season, Coach Mike Tomlin will provide his insight and observations to Steelers.com on a variety of topics pertaining to the team and the National Football League.

Q. How do you make up the game day roster, or as you often say, how do you decide who gets a hat?

A. There are base-line minimum numbers, positionally, that you have to have. That’s the basis to begin, making sure you have the minimum at every position – three running backs, seven offensive linemen, minimum of two tight ends, at least four wide receivers, at least five defensive linemen, in our scheme a minimum of seven linebackers and eight defensive backs is the base-line I’m willing to go from a secondary standpoint. That’s where I start each week, and then I build the remainder of the opportunities and jerseys around those who are deserving, plus any matchup that might give us the best chance to win.............

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Hearing-from-Coach-Tomlin/9a325e86-51e3-46cf-9387-aa899da92c40