PDA

View Full Version : Finnegan aspires to be more like Ward

stillers4me
09-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Terry McCormick
Co-Publisher
7 hours ago

Cortland Finnegan is about to renew his battle with receiver Hines Ward when the Pittsburgh Steelers visit the Tennessee Titans at LP Field on Sunday. And even though their backgrounds are vastly different, the Titans defensive back and the Steelers star receiver are cut from the same cloth.

“He has a little nastiness, a little dog in him. I like that,” said Ward, who has a reputation for being the best blocking wide receiver in the NFL. “Every time I watch him, I kind of smile. We are still competitors. We are going to go out there and compete and at the end of the game shake hands and wish each other good luck and go on about our business.

“ I love everything about Cortland, his little tenacious defense. He is always going after guys in run block or passing and whatever. I remember the one game we played down there, I scored a touchdown and he laid a pretty good hit on me. He is a little feisty guy.” ........................

http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Titans-defensive-back-admires-veteran-Steelers-receiver-he-is-ab-858

Bipolar The Titan
09-16-2010, 08:23 PM
and in related "news"...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Cortland-Finnegan-wants-to-be-NFLs-dirtiest-player.html

GBMelBlount
09-16-2010, 08:45 PM
“ I love everything about Cortland, his little tenacious defense. He is always going after guys in run block or passing and whatever. I remember the one game we played down there, I scored a touchdown and he laid a pretty good hit on me. He is a little feisty guy.” ........................

“He has a little nastiness, a little dog in him. I like that,” said Ward, who has a reputation for being the best blocking wide receiver in the NFL. “Every time I watch him, I kind of smile. We are still competitors. We are going to go out there and compete and at the end of the game shake hands and wish each other good luck and go on about our business.

I love that attitude. I am going to knock you on your ass and take your head off....but when it's over I will shake your hand and wish you luck friend...nothing personal.

Galax Steeler
09-17-2010, 03:24 AM
I don't think there will be anyone close to the way Ward Plays. The man plays with alot of heart and loves the game of football. He is one tough dude.

BigNastyDefense
09-17-2010, 06:37 PM
The thing is, Hines Ward isn't a dirty football player. He's just the toughest WR in the game today, a throwback to some of the old school guys. He has no problem playing special teams and making a hit, or throwing a huge block down field in the run game. And I mean a physical decleating block that a defensive player would jump around celebrating, not a "I will get in his way and hope the ball carrier cuts the right way" block.