PDA

View Full Version : It's Steele...er-r-r...Ravens Week!

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2017, 07:30 AM
But...I ain't really feelin' it.

Both teams are 2-1, but after yesterday I don't know what to think. I really don't. Other than both teams have seen better days.

At least we're not a team from Ohio.

43Hitman
09-25-2017, 02:43 PM
But...I ain't really feelin' it.

Both teams are 2-1, but after yesterday I don't know what to think. I really don't. Other than both teams have seen better days.

At least we're not a team from Ohio.
We got that going for us at least. Probably be another ugly 13-10 ball game, which I'm fine with.

- - - Updated - - -

ALLD
09-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Too many distractions and not enough balls by the coaching staff or preparation by the players. Not to mention lack of effort on what is the best offense in the NFL on paper, but that's why they play the games. The intangibles have taken over the team and wasted another season. If you think this is going away in a couple of games you better think again.

Born2Steel
09-25-2017, 03:17 PM
I'll freely admit that with all else that's going on in the world right now, this game has less importance for me this week. Steelers/Ravens is the time of the season that usually gets me fired up. Usually decides who takes the division and maybe the #1 or #2 playoff seed. This week's game feels very different, and not in a good way. Steelers, coming off a loss at 0-2 Chicago, just haven't put it all together yet for a full 60 mins. The Ravens have been hit with devasating injuries at just about every position group.

I'm kinda in one of those moods now. Let's see a black and blue slugfest of old. 3-5 personal fouls per team for vicious hits. A war of the trenches and stout defenses. RBs beware, WRs don't even think of coming over the middle. This is the type of game I want to see this week.

43Hitman
09-25-2017, 03:45 PM
I'll freely admit that with all else that's going on in the world right now, this game has less importance for me this week. Steelers/Ravens is the time of the season that usually gets me fired up. Usually decides who takes the division and maybe the #1 or #2 playoff seed. This week's game feels very different, and not in a good way. Steelers, coming off a loss at 0-2 Chicago, just haven't put it all together yet for a full 60 mins. The Ravens have been hit with devasating injuries at just about every position group.

I'm kinda in one of those moods now. Let's see a black and blue slugfest of old. 3-5 personal fouls per team for vicious hits. A war of the trenches and stout defenses. RBs beware, WRs don't even think of coming over the middle. This is the type of game I want to see this week.
Me too, I'm grumpy.

Crow-Magnon
09-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Me too, I'm grumpy.

Me three. Back to Old School. Like a Bart Scott sack or a Hines Ward hit across the middle.

Hawkman
09-25-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm going to the game, going to jaw with some Ravens fans, cheer hard, and grab a bowl of Maryland crab soup after the game. Baltimore is a fun sports town, even if you're a Steelers fan. Can't wait. All this other bs isn't going to keep me from having a blast.

86WARD
09-25-2017, 08:13 PM
Steelers will lose. Another road game, sloppy play, distractions and drama about the anthem in Chicago...this has Ravens blow out win written all over it. 27-10 Ravens win. Ben throws two interceptions, one resulting in Pick 6 and Ben Watson goes over 100yards receiving.

Shoes
09-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Steelers will lose. Another road game, sloppy play, distractions and drama about the anthem in Chicago...this has Ravens blow out win written all over it. 27-10 Ravens win. Ben throws two interceptions, one resulting in Pick 6 and Ben Watson goes over 100yards receiving.

I hope you are proven to be a false prophet. :chuckle:

Hawkman
09-25-2017, 09:11 PM

Me too. I don't want to drive the three hours to Baltimore.......just for that.

- - - Updated - - -

....besides, there is no way Baltimore can score 27 points.

teegre
09-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Old school would be nice.

On Saturday night, I'll send a limo full of hand dryers, bleach, deer antler spray, drunken coeds, and stolen faucets over to BB's hotel bathroom.

Party in Room 777!!!

Hawkman
09-25-2017, 09:24 PM
Old school would be nice.

On Saturday night, I'll send a limo full of hand dryers, bleach, deer antler spray, drunken coeds, and stolen faucets over to BB's hotel bathroom.

Party in Room 777!!!

:wtf::hmm::sofunny:

st33lersguy
09-25-2017, 10:56 PM
Frankly, I will be surprised if the Steelers O scores 14 points next week. The offense has stunk on the road and Ben always has struggled to put up points in the Baltimore throughout his career.

- - - Updated - - -

Big Ben has started 8 games in Baltimore, and in those games, the Steelers have averaged a sad 11.25 points per game

FeelTHESteel
09-26-2017, 04:33 AM
Sure is Ratbird Week so fire up!!!

I'm just saddened by the fact it's on the damn ''ROAD''. [emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

86WARD
09-26-2017, 07:08 AM

Me too...lol. But last week I was accurate...the Bears game had all the makings and it did. This game is starting to look like the recipe for disaster.

Crow-Magnon
09-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Sure is Ratbird Week so fire up!!!

I'm just saddened by the fact it's on the damn ''ROAD''. [emoji22][emoji22]

No, it's at home lol. Next game is an away game! :brick:

Both teams played poorly. Well, one team played like dog crap on a stick. It will be interesting to see what the Ravens Division 1-AA O-line plays like on Sunday. I think I saw a few Help Wanted-Inquire Within signs outside M&T Bank Stadium yesterday.

FeelTHESteel
09-26-2017, 07:42 AM
Pretty sure we play Ravens at Baltimore [emoji848]

Born2Steel
09-26-2017, 08:24 AM
That's funny right there.....

BurghBoy412
09-26-2017, 09:47 AM
13- 12 Steelers in a sloppy, turnover riddled, ugly game.

43Hitman
09-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Pretty sure we play Ravens at Baltimore [emoji848]

And you would be right. lol, Crow is a Ravens fan, so naturally he would say that the game is at home. lol

tube517
09-26-2017, 11:18 AM
Tucker hits 50+ FGs with ease. They need to keep the Rats out of FG range. This game will be a battle of FGs and Steelers can't turn over the ball.

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2017, 11:47 AM
My Prediction: Flacco gets sacked 8 times and throws 4 picks. Steelers D scores 2 TDs. Final score: Steelers 24 - 16 :tt02:

86WARD
09-26-2017, 11:56 AM
My Prediction: Flacco gets sacked 8 times and throws 4 picks. Steelers D scores 2 TDs. Final score: Steelers 24 - 16 :tt02:

I like that prediction better...

Born2Steel
09-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Somebody needs to let Watt know, no dancing after a sack in this game. Unless it's out of reach already, then celebrate all you want. Best to stay focused on 'next play'.

tube517
09-26-2017, 12:30 PM

I'll take the win. In that scenario, I can see the endless bitching about the offense's "woes" :lol:

Stats vs the Ravens go out the door.

AtlantaDan
09-26-2017, 12:30 PM

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2017, 12:37 PM
I'll take the win. In that scenario, I can see the endless bitching about the offense's "woes" :lol:

Stats vs the Ravens go out the door.

There's no doubt about that!

tube517
09-26-2017, 02:03 PM

No mention of Foster or Gilbert. That's a good sign.

st33lersguy
09-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Let's get a win. Hate to fall to 2-2

Iron Steeler
09-26-2017, 02:41 PM

You forgot to add... Ben gets hurt

Born2Steel
09-26-2017, 02:42 PM
Let's get a win. Hate to fall to 2-2

Agreed. Beat the Ravens. 2-2 could only suck more with a loss to the Ravens.

86WARD
09-26-2017, 03:12 PM
You forgot to add... Ben gets hurt

That’s a possibility via Terrell Suggs..lol.

Iron Steeler
09-26-2017, 05:10 PM
I would like to see more James Conner in this game. Keep the game on the ground and alternate Conner and Bell to try and limit mistakes. Smash mouth football

SteelerFanInStl
09-26-2017, 07:38 PM
I would like to see more James Conner in this game. Keep the game on the ground and alternate Conner and Bell to try and limit mistakes. Smash mouth football

I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten more touches. Might as well get him some experience. 2 headed rushing attacks work great for other teams.

BurghBoy412
09-26-2017, 07:50 PM
That’s a possibility via Terrell Suggs..lol. It also may be a very accurate prediction considering how poorly Villanueva is playing at the moment. That and we don't really have a good blocking TE right now.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-26-2017, 10:06 PM
It also may be a very accurate prediction considering how poorly Villanueva is playing at the moment. That and we don't really have a good blocking TE right now.

I agree, he needs to get back to basics of technique. That being said, I sure hope Gilbert is OK on the other side and the Steelers can also handle the rush up the middle. Always gonna be a good game, but have to look at tape of what the Jags did and learn from that as well. Something tells me Flacco isn't playing his best right now either.

Lady Steel
09-27-2017, 12:02 AM
I'm going into hostile territory and will be at the game on Sunday.

GO STEELERS!

FeelTHESteel
09-27-2017, 02:05 AM
By 1 or by 20 I don't care we just need the W!!!!

Hawkman
09-27-2017, 09:55 AM
I'm going into hostile territory and will be at the game on Sunday.

GO STEELERS!

Same here.

Steelerschik
09-27-2017, 10:22 AM
Same here.

Oooooooooo, well since both teams played like crap and there's not a lot of bragging rights to go around, maybe it'll be tame. Hoping all of you have a great time at the game - I'm jealous! Steelers got this (I hope)!

DesertSteel
09-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Given how the season has gone for both teams, I have absolutely no feeling on how this game is going to go. It could go any direction. Do the Ravens bounce back from that humiliation? Do the Steelers come out of their offensive coma? Is it another road sleep walk for Ben? I have no idea...

teegre
09-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Given how the season has gone for both teams, I have absolutely no feeling on how this game is going to go. It could go any direction. Do the Ravens bounce back from that humiliation? Do the Steelers come out of their offensive coma? Is it another road sleep walk for Ben? I have no idea...

Right.

I feel that that the game will be exciting when the slumping (but, potentially deadly) Steelers offense plays against the juggernaut Ravens defense. That is where ALL of the scoring will occur: three TDs by the Steelers and three turnovers caused by the Ravens that will set them up with easy scores.

When the Ravens have the ball, it will be the awful & hobbled Captain Checkdown (fka Moonball Joe) against the "we don't play the run" Steelers defense. 0 points and 0 turnovers will happen when these two units are on the field; that'd be a good time to get a snack.

DesertSteel
09-27-2017, 02:44 PM
All that said, it'll probably be 13-10 like always lol.

Hawkman
09-27-2017, 09:41 PM
All that said, it'll probably be 13-10 like always lol.

....and it could go either way.

Renegade
09-28-2017, 04:31 AM
I was hoping the Steelers would win a defensive game against the Bears and win like 20-10. Which they would have done if they held onto the ball and all of a sudden this game in Baltimore wouldn't mean as much. But since the Steelers made it hard on themselves by losing the first of the 2 annual trap games, they need to win this game. For some reason, they are 3 point favorites. Here is my take: Ben will play better. He will not turn the ball over although he might get hurt. Would not be shocked if Flacco got hurt too... especially if Watt plays. I am expecting a violent and defensive game. I do not think Bell or the offense takes over. I think James Connor will break a big run (not for a TD). This is the time to play the Ravens. The offense is horrible and riddled with injuries... Flacco is regressing and the Steelers defense is playing tough again. IF WATT PLAYS: Steelers 16 Ravens 6 (And Flacco will NOT throw a pick, but he will be pressured the whole game and get sacked 8 times).

AtlantaDan
09-28-2017, 07:04 AM
Injury update from Wednesday practice

Roethlisberger has begun taking Wednesday’s off as a way to rest his 35-year-old body, and Bryant was out with an illness....

In addition to Roethlisberger and Bryant, running back Le’Veon Bell (not injury related), safety Sean Davis (ankle), guard Ramon Foster (thumb) and safety Mike Mitchell (hamstring) did not practice. … Linebacker Bud Dupree (shoulder) and tight end Jesse James (shoulder) were limited. … Offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (hamstring), defensive end Stephon Tuitt (biceps) and linebacker T.J. Watt (groin) were full participants after sitting out the game against the Bears.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/20170927/roethlisberger_bryant_showing_failure_to_connect_f or_steelers#.WcxjXcOtqgE.twitter

AtlantaDan
09-28-2017, 07:47 AM

Gerry Dulac of the P-G shares his thoughts

Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1), 1 p.m. – The Steelers have not had much luck against the Ravens, losing four of the past five and six of the past eight overall. But, thanks to Antonio Brown’s “Immaculate Extension” play, they did win the last meeting between the teams. They need all the help they can get in Baltimore. Prediction: Ravens 23-20

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/28/gerry-dulac-picks-week-4-nfl-2017-season/stories/201709280040

Born2Steel
09-28-2017, 07:59 AM
Penalties and turnovers. Can't say it enough.

BurghBoy412
09-28-2017, 01:26 PM
I've decided to change my prediction. Steelers lose 21- 13. After a week focused on anthem protests and poor play in Chicago. A distracted Steelers team suffers from turnovers, undisciplined play, and poor coaching, drop another in Baltimore. Another loss to a less talented team.

Born2Steel
09-28-2017, 01:55 PM
I've decided to change my prediction. Steelers lose 21- 13. After a week focused on anthem protests and poor play in Chicago. A distracted Steelers team suffers from turnovers, undisciplined play, and poor coaching, drop another in Baltimore. Another loss to a less talented team.

I can see that too. But if we can focus, next play, move the chains, we will win this one.

teegre
09-28-2017, 02:15 PM
For the past few seasons, I feel that the Steelers have been "overthinking" Ravens week.

The Anthem fiasco will distract them from perseverating about the Ravens... and maybe, the Steelers actually play less timid, less apprehensive. Let it fly!!!

AtlantaDan
09-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Ch-ch-ch-changes

Veteran wide receiver Justin Hunter (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15845/justin-hunter), who flashed in training camp but was inactive for the first three weeks, was notified by the coaching staff that he'll play this week....

Wide receiver Eli Rogers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2576643/eli-rogers), whose snap count dropped from 37 in Week 2 to 21 last week, said it's 'coach's decision' what his role will be.

"I don't know what to expect," he said. "I'm just here to get better." ....

Helpful hint - expect to be told to step it up as a punt returner

As for the entire offense, which has scored 57 points and features Le'Veon Bell (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15825/leveon-bell) running for an uncharacteristic 3.5 yards per carry, two players hinted at a streamlined playbook for Baltimore week.

Maybe that's what the Steelers need, guard David DeCastro (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14935/david-decastro) said....

"Yeah, I could say that (we need to simplify)," McDonald said. "For sure, especially against Baltimore, you want to be fundamentally sound."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/25330/steelers-to-activate-wr-justin-hunter-possibly-simplify-playbook

"Simplify" and "fundamentally sound" meaning Ben lets up on bombing away?

Born2Steel
09-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Ch-ch-ch-changes

Veteran wide receiver Justin Hunter (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15845/justin-hunter), who flashed in training camp but was inactive for the first three weeks, was notified by the coaching staff that he'll play this week....

Wide receiver Eli Rogers (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2576643/eli-rogers), whose snap count dropped from 37 in Week 2 to 21 last week, said it's 'coach's decision' what his role will be.

"I don't know what to expect," he said. "I'm just here to get better." ....

Helpful hint - expect to be told to step it up as a punt returner

As for the entire offense, which has scored 57 points and features Le'Veon Bell (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15825/leveon-bell) running for an uncharacteristic 3.5 yards per carry, two players hinted at a streamlined playbook for Baltimore week.

Maybe that's what the Steelers need, guard David DeCastro (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14935/david-decastro) said....

"Yeah, I could say that (we need to simplify)," McDonald said. "For sure, especially against Baltimore, you want to be fundamentally sound."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/25330/steelers-to-activate-wr-justin-hunter-possibly-simplify-playbook

"Simplify" and "fundamentally sound" meaning Ben lets up on bombing away?

I don't know. Would you ask TP43 to stay in 'his' lane? I think Ben improvising is what makes him great. And Ben improvising usually means bombs downfield.

AtlantaDan
09-28-2017, 03:33 PM
I don't know. Would you ask TP43 to stay in 'his' lane? I think Ben improvising is what makes him great. And Ben improvising usually means bombs downfield.

2004 -2010 TP43 - no/2011 - 2014 TP43 has less discretion - part of LeBeau's downfall was Troy's decline

Ben made a major reset to his game once by not playing hero ball and getting rid of the ball quicker - might be time to assess whether some changes are in order

Ben has been off on a number of throws including some to AB that were completions due to it being thrown to AB - like a batter going through a slump, sometimes you assess your mechanics and tendencies

A lot gets fixed if the running game gets going - until then there may be completions underneath and on crossing patterns that get greater emphasis

DesertSteel
09-28-2017, 03:48 PM
I can easily see that. Ravens have to be really ticked about last Sunday. I'm not sure the Steelers are terribly upset about Chicago. I don't see a lot of fire in most of them.

Born2Steel
09-28-2017, 04:09 PM
2004 -2010 TP43 - no/2011 - 2014 TP43 has less discretion - part of LeBeau's downfall was Troy's decline

Ben made a major reset to his game once by not playing hero ball and getting rid of the ball quicker - might be time to assess whether some changes are in order

Ben has been off on a number of throws including some to AB that were completions due to it being thrown to AB - like a batter going through a slump, sometimes you assess your mechanics and tendencies

A lot gets fixed if the running game gets going - until then there may be completions underneath and on crossing patterns that get greater emphasis

I've never been an Xs and Os guy. But I agree with take what the defense gives you. The Ravens have pretty good safeties best I remember. Maybe the intermediate passes to soften the run? Then maybe the long ball opens up.

FrancoLambert
09-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Going into this season with an offense that was billed as unstoppable, a defense infused with growing talent, and the incredible amount of bad luck suffered by the Ravens injury wise, I thought this is the year we win at their place early, grab a hold of the division, and let them chase us.

Not feeling that vibe now. They're pissed as hell, have a good defense, and they're home.
Based on past performances, I'm not expecting Ben to come out of his early season funk in Baltimore.

Ravens 20-10.

SteelMayhem72
09-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Going into this season with an offense that was billed as unstoppable, a defense infused with growing talent, and the incredible amount of bad luck suffered by the Ravens injury wise, I thought this is the year we win at their place early, grab a hold of the division, and let them chase us.

Not feeling that vibe now. They're pissed as hell, have a good defense, and they're home.
Based on past performances, I'm not expecting Ben to come out of his early season funk in Baltimore.

Ravens 20-10.I agree

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BurghBoy412
09-28-2017, 05:38 PM
I can easily see that. Ravens have to be really ticked about last Sunday. I'm not sure the Steelers are terribly upset about Chicago. I don't see a lot of fire in most of them.I agree. I think it's time these guys realize they aren't very good right now. Potential doesn't win games.

FeelTHESteel
09-28-2017, 05:54 PM
The return of Tuitt n Watt will help.. as for the Offensive side [emoji848]

Dissolv
09-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Show me something. That's what I am asking for this game. Well, something besides AB. If they play sloppy during Raven's week -- that's just not a team that you can expect to win, without some major soul searching.

Dissolv

86WARD
09-28-2017, 05:59 PM
If Hunter is active, who isn’t getting the hat in Sunday?

86WARD
09-28-2017, 06:01 PM
I saw somewhere in the last 16 road games Ben averages 1 TD and 1 INT. That’s some bad road splits...

BurghBoy412
09-28-2017, 07:12 PM
I saw somewhere in the last 16 road games Ben averages 1 TD and 1 INT. That’s some bad road splits... I think it's time Ben woke up and realizes he's not all that anymore. He's had this "know it all" attitude the last couple of seasons. I don't see how he can be fully committed to his craft if he feels like he's got everything down. I'm kind of under the assumption that the team has fed off of that arrogance. Ben needs to recommit. He needs to realize that he doesn't have it all figured out. That the players that are constantly searching for more and more success are the one's that stay on top. I honestly feel like Ben has become lazy in his approach and preparation to the game. Hence he has been inconsistent and has woefully underachieved. He needs to be hungry all the time instead of when he feels like it. It's time our QB stops pointing fingers and calling out other players. BEN SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND HONESTLY ASK HIMSELF HOW COMMITTED HE IS TO FOOTBALL.

Shoes
09-28-2017, 07:29 PM
If Hunter is active, who isn’t getting the hat in Sunday?

Maybe Bryant (Illness), I don't think he practiced today.

SteelMayhem72
09-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Dont kill me with this thought but i think leveon's best days are behind him...he just dont have the fire anymore it seems to me and I think he would rather rap at how good he use to be

Lady Steel
09-28-2017, 11:26 PM
:pin: @ all the blasphemy going on in this thread.

The Steelers are going to win because I'm going to be at the game and will be our lucky charm. Just wait. You'll see. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0304.gif

DesertSteel
09-28-2017, 11:39 PM
Dont kill me with this thought but i think leveon's best days are behind him...he just dont have the fire anymore it seems to me and I think he would rather rap at how good he use to be

I completely agree. Whatever has happened is more than rust, I think.

43Hitman
09-29-2017, 03:38 AM
:pin: @ all the blasphemy going on in this thread.

The Steelers are going to win because I'm going to be at the game and will be our lucky charm. Just wait. You'll see. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0304.gif
Thank-you. It's like a funeral in this thread. Where is all the piss and vinegar Steeler Nation!

86WARD
09-29-2017, 04:58 AM
Maybe Bryant (Illness), I don't think he practiced today.

I think Bryant missed two days so far.

86WARD
09-29-2017, 05:03 AM
There’s little to no doubt in my mind that this is going to be a loss. Ben on the road is just horrific and he wasn’t that good at home in the first two games. Roethlisberger’s 62.4% completion rate and 6.74 ypa would be the 4th-lowest and lowest rates of his career.

Meanwhile, Ravens have allowed the lowest passer rating (58.5) and 2nd-lowest completion rate (52.8%) this year.

There’s really nothing that gives me any confidence that this will be a win, other than maybe Joe Flacco has a worse game than Ben?

teegre
09-29-2017, 06:17 AM
BB has sucked on the road.

Captain Checkdown (fka Moonball Joe) has sucked on the road AND at home.

SUMMATION:
Lady Steel is the advantage for the Steelers:
Steelers 21
Ravens 17

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2017, 07:33 AM
Thank-you. It's like a funeral in this thread. Where is all the piss and vinegar Steeler Nation!

People just want to complain any more and talk about how terrible our players are and how they don't care and aren't trying. It's comical.

AtlantaDan
09-29-2017, 08:04 AM
People just want to complain any more and talk about how terrible our players are and how they don't care and aren't trying. It's comical.

The Steelers lost last week to a team that was confirmed to be horrible after getting waxed last night by the Packers, are playing a team that in all likelihood is better than the Bears, have a QB who plays much worse on the road - :hatsoff: to Psycho Ward 86 for the data breakdown on that - have lost their last 4 games in Baltimore, and have spent a lot of time this week discussing the cluster of the appearance in Chicago for the anthem

Certainly no reason to be pessimistic :noidea:

We need more of this can do attitude instead :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBg478jtpus

BurghBoy412
09-29-2017, 10:18 AM
People just want to complain any more and talk about how terrible our players are and how they don't care and aren't trying. It's comical.I think people are tired of letting them off the hook for losing games they should win. It's those games that cost them playoff seeding and instead of playing at home they make their road much harder than it needs to be. You cannot win when your fighting yourself and the opponent every year.

Born2Steel
09-29-2017, 10:41 AM
The Steelers are truly in a no win situation on here. If they win the game, it wasn't by enough and they look like shit doing it, and if they lose, the team just plain sucks and everyone just needs to retire. You guys make me laugh. Every year I read the same exact posts by the same exact posters.

86WARD
09-29-2017, 11:20 AM
The Steelers lost last week to a team that was confirmed to be horrible after getting waxed last night by the Packers, are playing a team that in all likelihood is better than the Bears, have a QB who plays much worse on the road - :hatsoff: to Psycho Ward 86 for the data breakdown on that - have lost their last 4 games in Baltimore, and have spent a lot of time this week discussing the cluster of the appearance in Chicago for the anthem

We need more of this can do attitude instead :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBg478jtpus

Lol. There you go!!

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2017, 12:11 PM

There's a difference between between being pessimistic and just constantly complaining and whining and saying "Ben sucks, Bell sucks", etc. like we see on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers are truly in a no win situation on here. If they win the game, it wasn't by enough and they look like shit doing it, and if they lose, the team just plain sucks and everyone just needs to retire. You guys make me laugh. Every year I read the same exact posts by the same exact posters.

Yep. That's what it's evolved into. I've been here since the beginning and this forum used to have a lot of great discussions. Now it's a whine fest.

AtlantaDan
09-29-2017, 12:59 PM

Any word on Mitchell?

BurghBoy412
09-29-2017, 01:06 PM
When a team is greatly underperforming what exactly is there to cheer about? If this team and especially Ben start showing up and performing at a consistent dominate level then I will cease my negative evaluation. Underachievement is not something to be celebrated.

tube517
09-29-2017, 01:11 PM

Any word on Mitchell?

tube517
09-29-2017, 01:21 PM
AB back on punt returns.

Eli has lost the PR job (for now) and is losing snaps to Juju.

Renegade
09-29-2017, 01:29 PM
For the past few seasons, I feel that the Steelers have been "overthinking" Ravens week.

The Anthem fiasco will distract them from perseverating about the Ravens... and maybe, the Steelers actually play less timid, less apprehensive. Let it fly!!!
I think this is absolutely right. They are overthinking things. The ravens... even if they lose seem to be lose and having fun in steelers week. The steelers look like they play with dread. I don't know why they act afraid. It seems like it happened after Flacco led that comeback in pittsburgh to a sweep in 2011. Since then, the rivalry clearly changed. the steelers led the series 21-12 BEFORE 2011 and that includes a 3-0 record in the playoffs. Since then, they have gone 4-9 including a loss in the playoffs. The Christmas game gives the notion that maybe it could turn the rivalry around. only time will tell. Finally, a couple of people said Bell's best days are behind him. Do keep in mind that he missed training camp, the last time we saw him was injured in the AFC Title game, and we still saw some of the shiftiness in chicago and he also hurdled someone.

BlackAndGold
09-29-2017, 01:29 PM
AB back on punt returns.

Eli has lost the PR job (for now) and is losing snaps to Juju.

That was expected to happen.

tube517
09-29-2017, 01:44 PM
That was expected to happen.

As far as Juju, my guess was by midseason but Eli hasn't done much up to now.

Born2Steel
09-29-2017, 01:56 PM
AB, Bryant, JuJu, Bell, Conner, and McDonald. If the Oline can give Ben a 3 count, we win this game.

steel striker
09-29-2017, 02:12 PM
As long as Ben does not have multiple picks and, time to throw Steelers should win this game.

BurghBoy412
09-29-2017, 02:50 PM
This is the worst team the Steelers have faced this season. I think they should win by 21 points. That being said, the Steelers have been greatly underachieving. Therefore I expect a sloppy lackluster road loss.

SteelMayhem72
09-29-2017, 02:57 PM
When a team is greatly underperforming what exactly is there to cheer about? If this team and especially Ben start showing up and performing at a consistent dominate level then I will cease my negative evaluation. Underachievement is not something to be celebrated.I agree, this team actually has been under performing for a while now...but nahh no reason to be pessimistic

SteelMayhem72
09-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Of course im being sarcastic, im negative cause there is overwhelming evidence to be

Born2Steel
09-29-2017, 03:17 PM
There REALLY IS a difference between being critical and being whiney.

Crow-Magnon
09-29-2017, 03:34 PM
To be honest, I have no clue how this game will turn out. My head tells me Pittsburgh wins by two TD's. The Ravens offense seems pretty anemic and the OL is in shambles. And the defense has had issues with coverage.

But that often goes out the window when these two teams meet.

Born2Steel
09-29-2017, 03:43 PM
Everything, from stats, to records, to history, you name it, goes out the window when these 2 teams play. That's what makes it fun.

SteelMayhem72
09-29-2017, 05:58 PM
There REALLY IS a difference between being critical and being whiney.Ummm no its not when it comes to the steelers. We are a "spoiled" fan base and those are one in the same.

Crow-Magnon
10-01-2017, 06:46 AM
43 degrees here this morning. A good day for football!

teegre
10-01-2017, 07:21 AM
The Battle of the Struggling Quarterbacks:

Road Ben gives up three turnovers in Ravens territory, setting up 13 easy points (Baltimore's only points).

Flacco tries to "one up" BB by throwing a pick-six

AB is Pittsburgh's offense. He takes a screen pass for an 80-yard TD, plus returns a punt for a TD.

Every other possession (by both teams) ends with a punt.

PIT 21
BAL 13

SteelMayhem72
10-01-2017, 09:30 AM
16-3 ravens

86WARD
10-01-2017, 10:16 AM
The Battle of the Struggling Quarterbacks:

Road Ben gives up three turnovers in Ravens territory, setting up 13 easy points (Baltimore's only points).

Flacco tries to "one up" BB by throwing a pick-six

AB is Pittsburgh's offense. He takes a screen pass for an 80-yard TD, plus returns a punt for a TD.

Every other possession (by both teams) ends with a punt.

PIT 21
BAL 13

I think he throws two picks and loses a fumble. One of the picks goes the other way for 6 and the Steelers lose 23-10. He takes 4 sacks as well. I have nothing but negative vibes about this game...

FrancoLambert
10-01-2017, 11:46 AM
My earlier prediction was Ravens 20-10.

Here's how we win. Heyward, Tuitt, and Hargrave dominate the Ravens depleted OL all game, completely shutting down their run game and forcing Jump Ball/Dump Off Joey to win it for them.
I'd like our chances then.

Blue Steel
10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Well, it's the live game on over the pond, so no NFL gamepass for me. Joke's on them when this finishes 9-3 to the Good Guys.

43Hitman
10-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Good game Crow. Our offensive line showed up today.

teegre
10-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Here's how we win. Heyward, Tuitt, and Hargrave dominate the Ravens depleted OL all game, completely shutting down their run game and forcing Jump Ball/Dump Off Joey to win it for them.
I'd like our chances then.

You nailed it. :nod:

tube517
10-01-2017, 03:59 PM
I think he throws two picks and loses a fumble. One of the picks goes the other way for 6 and the Steelers lose 23-10. He takes 4 sacks as well. I have nothing but negative vibes about this game...

Well at least you were close on the score

FrancoLambert
10-01-2017, 04:04 PM
You nailed it. :nod:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Craic
10-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Unless it's a 24 hour clock. Then it's only right once a day.

:chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
10-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Good game Crow. Our offensive line showed up today.

One decent quarter out of four. That was it. Rough game on my side. 17 on IR does not a good season make I think. Plus receivers that can’t hold on to the ball.

Steelers came and got a W. Wasn’t pretty, but a W is a W.

I think both QB’s are on the downslope, though. Joe more than Ben.

Born2Steel
10-01-2017, 04:20 PM
One decent quarter out of four. That was it. Rough game on my side. 17 on IR does not a good season make I think. Plus receivers that can’t hold on to the ball.

Steelers came and got a W. Wasn’t pretty, but a W is a W.

I think both QB’s are on the downslope, though. Joe more than Ben.

One more SB ring apiece, and then they can retire?

tube517
10-01-2017, 05:02 PM

BurghBoy412
10-01-2017, 05:06 PM
914606316609523719I'll celebrate when they beat them twice.

86WARD
10-01-2017, 05:08 PM

Lol. I’ll be honest though...even after that win, I still don’t feel the Steelers are that good.

polamalubeast
10-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Finally, a win in Baltimore!

I know the ravens offense struggle a lot, but the steelers have already lost against Ryan Mallett in a must win game in the past in Baltimore.

The penalties on offense need to stop too(7 today,this is too much)

AtlantaDan
10-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Salty postgame tweet from Vince Williams

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/01/Steelers-Vince-Williams-Don-t-buy-back-burned-jerseys/stories/201710010221

BurghBoy412
10-01-2017, 05:49 PM

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/01/Steelers-Vince-Williams-Don-t-buy-back-burned-jerseys/stories/201710010221Nice!

86WARD
10-01-2017, 06:22 PM

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/01/Steelers-Vince-Williams-Don-t-buy-back-burned-jerseys/stories/201710010221

Lol.

pczach
10-01-2017, 06:39 PM

Maybe Williams should work on tackling people and making plays instead of further pissing off fans that the team and the NFL hopes come back to the game. I mean....they only pay the money that gives his owner the money to pay his salary.

No big deal for a superstar like Vince Williams though.....:rolleyes:

Shoes
10-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Maybe Williams should work on tackling people and making plays instead of further pissing off fans that the team and the NFL hopes come back to the game. I mean....they only pay the money that gives his owner the money to pay his salary.

No big deal for a superstar like Vince Williams though.....:rolleyes:

Agreed, no one burned his sh**t because no one bought it in the first place.

vasteeler
10-01-2017, 07:43 PM
I'll celebrate when they beat them twice.

I really don't think you will

Psycho Ward 86
10-01-2017, 08:16 PM
maybe people should be more concerned that people burning jerseys and season tickets didnt donate them to poor people. hmmm.

BurghBoy412
10-01-2017, 08:19 PM
I really don't think you willYou're right. I'll celebrate when they win #7

Lady Steel
10-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Tol' yinz. Never again doubt the lucky charm. :coffee: :lol: :cheer2:

pczach
10-02-2017, 06:20 AM
maybe people should be more concerned that people burning jerseys and season tickets didnt donate them to poor people. hmmm.

They bought them. They can do whatever they want to do with them. The whole point of them burning them is so that those jerseys aren't on anybody showing support for the team, and they are not giving away the tickets so there are clearly less people showing support for the team.

Welfare team jerseys and season ticket confiscation for the poor just hasn't been forced down the throats of earners just yet.

Besides...many poor people of all races are too busy bashing Trump, assaulting people at peaceful demonstrations, protesting Trump, looting, being white supremacists, having 15 kids with 13 different mothers or fathers, turning over cars, finding ways to cheat the system while double and triple dipping into welfare funds, hating black people, smoking and drinking using food stamps instead of feeding and clothing their kids, bashing Trump some more, sneaking into the country illegally, hating white people, accusing the country of being racist, selling and doing drugs, hating the country, neglecting their children, and burning businesses while complaining of being profiled and finding time for protesting instead of looking for jobs.....to use free season tickets so they can take a knee during the National Anthem wearing their free jersey to spotlight the injustices of the country at NFL games. Hmmmmmmm...

Isn't it amazing how everything is supposed to be provided to people instead of having them earn it? And then the people that actually paid for their tickets and jerseys are called selfish for not giving it away by the enlightened ones that love to tell everyone else how to spend their money and how to handle their own stuff.

Yeah, a guy burning his own jersey that he paid for with his own money in his back yard is really the problem here. :der:

The sad part is that all the while there are poor people of all races that do everything in their power to live right and take care of themselves and their families that are too busy working multiple jobs, working weekends, and busting their asses while taking care of and raising their children to go to games. They don't have the time and they are hard to identify because they don't ask for anything. They don't ask for help. They don't protest anything. They just put their heads down and do whatever they need to do to provide for their families no matter how great an effort it takes. These are the people that deserve our help and our respect.

There are too many people that have their hands out and demand everything to be given to them, but aren't willing to help themselves and deserve nothing......

...and there are people that do everything they can, ask for nothing, but deserve so much more than they are able to get. They don't call attention to themselves and they don't hurt anybody because they are too busy doing the right thing. They operate in the dark and they are the vast majority.

THAT is the true injustice.

Hawkman
10-02-2017, 07:24 AM

Great day to be in Baltimore............and a Steelers fan.

tube517
10-02-2017, 08:28 AM

You will need to attend every game from now on. :chuckle:

pczach
10-02-2017, 08:57 AM

We need to send you to every game.

I'm glad you had a good time and the team won.

polamalubeast
10-03-2017, 10:34 AM

DesertSteel
10-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Yeah... But...

tube517
10-04-2017, 01:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAzCXxAoQE

43Hitman
10-04-2017, 03:46 PM
"Suuugggs to be a Ravens fan today" :lol:

AtlantaDan
10-04-2017, 04:10 PM

The ultimate butt kicking was the 40-14 playoff win in Baltimore in 1976 - I never saw the 70s Steelers play a better game (even the blowout 34-5 blowout win over the Oilers in the 1978 AFC championship) against a quality opponent - total domination

Steelers offense converted 90 percent on third down and rolled up 526 net yards, while their defense slapped around that No. 1-ranked offense by sacking Jones five times and intercepting him twice. Franco Harris had 132 yards on 18 carries in less than three quarters, and Lynn Swann, Frank Lewis and John Stallworth combined to average 23.5 yards a catch.

“It was one of those games where I knew I really needed a good one,” said Bradshaw, who finished 14-of-18 for 264 yards and three touchdowns for a passer rating of 158.3

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Blowout-win-comes-at-a-cost/097a26c1-81b5-4547-9166-ae3ee97f9dd5

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197612190clt.htm (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Blowout-win-comes-at-a-cost/097a26c1-81b5-4547-9166-ae3ee97f9dd5)

Hawkman
10-04-2017, 04:21 PM
"Suuugggs to be a Ravens fan today" :lol:

He cracks me up.

tube517
10-04-2017, 04:40 PM
The ultimate butt kicking was the 40-14 playoff win in Baltimore in 1976 - I never saw the 70s Steelers play a better game (even the blowout 34-5 blowout win over the Oilers in the 1978 AFC championship) against a quality opponent - total domination

Steelers offense converted 90 percent on third down and rolled up 526 net yards, while their defense slapped around that No. 1-ranked offense by sacking Jones five times and intercepting him twice. Franco Harris had 132 yards on 18 carries in less than three quarters, and Lynn Swann, Frank Lewis and John Stallworth combined to average 23.5 yards a catch.

“It was one of those games where I knew I really needed a good one,” said Bradshaw, who finished 14-of-18 for 264 yards and three touchdowns for a passer rating of 158.3

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Blowout-win-comes-at-a-cost/097a26c1-81b5-4547-9166-ae3ee97f9dd5

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197612190clt.htm (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Blowout-win-comes-at-a-cost/097a26c1-81b5-4547-9166-ae3ee97f9dd5)

And then the plane crashed into the stadium. I was 8 years old and I never heard about the crash until later in life when the internets was invented. :chuckle: