PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ Loss Today Eerily Similar To A Year Ago

Shoes
09-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Playing “down” to a team on the road. A scatback doing big damage. A blocked field goal. All culminating in a disappointing loss to thwart a Pittsburgh Steelers’ 3-0 start.
Stop me if that sounds familiar. It should. Because that’s exactly what happened in last year’s Week Three loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. Granted, that one transformed into blowout status, a 34-3 defeat, but it had all the same ingredients.
Today, on the game’s first drive, Martavis Bryant dropped a pass on the game’s opening play, a would-be touchdown. Last year, Markus Wheaton couldn’t hang onto a would-be 18 yard touchdown.
Last year, they tried a 36 yard field goal. It was blocked. Philadelphia responded with a field goal.
Today, a 35 yarder. Blocked. Bears kicked a field goal.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09/steelers-loss-todays-loss-eerily-similar-year-ago/

Shoes
09-24-2017, 07:41 PM
Thanks for refreshing our minds Alex! :lol:

Moose
09-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Makes me feel a hell-of-alot better. LOL I'm still pissed !

DesertSteel
09-24-2017, 08:53 PM
That Bears RB needs a $15M deal!

SteelMayhem72
09-24-2017, 08:58 PM
That Bears RB needs a $15M deal!Did you also notice that howard was no show boat...That dude played his heart out!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Shoes
09-24-2017, 09:05 PM
That Bears RB needs a $15M deal!

:lol:

Me thinks Bell wishes he had taken what the Steelers offered him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-24-2017, 09:58 PM
I thought it felt like the Dolphins game. They let Howard run all over them and Bell didn't run for hardly anything.

If you cant stop the run and cant run the ball yourself. Not much good happens.

teegre
09-24-2017, 11:08 PM
I thought it felt like the Dolphins game.

When I saw the title of the article, I thought the same thing... specifically Howard looking a lot like Ajayi.

Steeldude
09-24-2017, 11:11 PM
:lol:

Me thinks Bell wishes he had taken what the Steelers offered him.

And the last I heard they offered him $18 mil. I really hope they lowball him next season. Maybe 3 mil a season, tops?

Steelermania
09-24-2017, 11:26 PM
And the last I heard they offered him $18 mil. I really hope they lowball him next season. Maybe 3 mil a season, tops?

To be honest, with 2 pieces missing, the o-line was garbage. With that said, we still constantly undervalue the idea of moving the chains. 3rd and 2?, try the most difficult pass play you can. Make sure it's an empty set too. I don't know if the OC is at fault, or if Ben is changing the play.

ALLD
09-25-2017, 01:50 PM
No Connor and I think Watson got the ball once. If Bell isn't delivering they can change the pace a bit. Ben's hurry up wasn't too quick either. His head wasn't in the game. They should have run a lot more and stop with the low percentage passes on 3rd and short. It's almost as bad as a turnover.