PDA

View Full Version : Not surprised

GBMelBlount
09-24-2017, 01:45 PM
We are in first place.

We are playing a lousy team.

We are away.

Not surprised in the least that we are down 17-7 at half.

Are you?

Hopefully they play with some urgency in the 2nd half and stop giving up 6-7 yards per carry.

Ben looked good in the short passing game...keep it up.

st33lersguy
09-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Nope typical Steelers

Shoes
09-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Good play by McDonald. Hopefully that get it together in the 2nd.

Drazo85
09-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Not surprised at all. Pretty calm to be honest. Like I expected something like this.

st33lersguy
09-24-2017, 02:39 PM
Looks like they will do just enough to lose by a slim margin

EzraTank
09-24-2017, 03:26 PM
Horrible non call on the hold at the end but they lost this game long before that.

Dissolv
09-24-2017, 03:27 PM
17 points of offense will not win much of anything. Asking the D to hold any team to 16 points or under is just too much. Offense takes the blame.

Dissolv

Iron Steeler
09-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Offense looked like crap

Steeldude
09-24-2017, 03:30 PM
No splash or fluke plays on offense makes it difficult for the Steelers to win. The offense is built on splash plays, not the ability to impose their will on a defense.

AtlantaDan
09-24-2017, 03:30 PM
Offense looked like crap

So did the defense in the 4th quarter on

Neversatisfied
09-24-2017, 03:32 PM
A ton of penelties, missed tackles, nothing in the way of rushing,inaccurate QB play and one of the worst coached games i have personally seen. It was all kicked off by Tomlin keeping his guys in the locker room. What an ugly day for Steeler fans

Steeldude
09-24-2017, 03:33 PM
A ton of penelties, missed tackles, nothing in the way of rushing, inaccurate QB play and one of the worst coached games i have personally seen. It was all kicked off by Tomlin keeping his guys in the locker room. What an ugly day for Steeler fans

Well just Tomlin's Steelers playing down again.

Hawkman
09-24-2017, 03:34 PM
Defense has to take a little heat allowing 220 yards rushing is not very good. Just when I start praising the STs, they muff a punt and have a field goal blocked......on to the Ratbirds!!

tube517
09-24-2017, 03:34 PM
A ton of penelties, missed tackles, nothing in the way of rushing,inaccurate QB play and one of the worst coached games i have personally seen. It was all kicked off by Tomlin keeping his guys in the locker room. What an ugly day for Steeler fans

There is no "locker room issue" so stop starting more fake news.

Now I can agree about the bad play and poor run defense.

Hawkman
09-24-2017, 03:36 PM

What the hell was there to rush? They only had 100 in the air. It was ground game that killed us. Missed Tuitt on that.

st33lersguy
09-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Nothing has changed.

Edman
09-24-2017, 03:39 PM
So did the defense in the 4th quarter on

Defense handed offense the ball three different times in the last minutes, and got pretty much nothing.

Of course the Defense will get the blame, because they are the reason the Steelers win.

Steeldude
09-24-2017, 03:39 PM
What the hell was there to rush? They only had 100 in the air. It was ground game that killed us. Missed Tuitt on that.

I doubt Tuitt would have helped that much. I do believe Harrison would have helped more, but he is being saved as a secret weapon for the post-season.

BlackAndGold
09-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Hot takes.

Tomlin is the Steelers version of Dan Bylsma during his time with the Penguins.

Ben is a declining QB. Too many bad passes, and missing wide open WR's.

Please put Harrison back as the #3 OLB, Chickillo was bad today, congrats on the unblocked sack.

katmandu
09-24-2017, 03:44 PM
There is no "locker room issue" so stop starting more fake news.

Exactly. This was down to PREVENT any controversies. That said, we do live it extremely F'd times right now in this country.

Neversatisfied
09-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Well just Tomlin's Steelers playing down again.

Its the Standad now

Hawkman
09-24-2017, 03:52 PM
I doubt Tuitt would have helped that much. I do believe Harrison would have helped more, but he is being saved as a secret weapon for the post-season.

I'm pretty sure Tuitt would have helped. He is extremely disruptive in the running lanes.

SteelerFanInStl
09-24-2017, 04:01 PM

I can't understand why Deebo didn't play today. Chickillo was getting pushed around like a rag doll.

AtlantaDan
09-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Defense handed offense the ball three different times in the last minutes, and got pretty much nothing.

Of course the Defense will get the blame, because they are the reason the Steelers win.

They could not stop the Bears in OT, after the Jackson punt fumble, after the first half Steelers TD or when the Bears had the ball on their own 8 in the 4th quarter

Offense primarily to blame but D has its own issues

Good defenses do not let down after the offense does not cash in

43Hitman
09-24-2017, 04:08 PM
The missed tackles today were atrocious. They have to be more sound in their fundamentals. I hope Cool Shades puts the pads on this week.

Steeldude
09-24-2017, 04:13 PM
I can't understand why Deebo didn't play today. Chickillo was getting pushed around like a rag doll.

Yep, and Dupree wasn't much better either. It's an awesome game plan for the best OLB on the team to be pretty much inactive. Another one of Tomlin's brilliant decisions.

Hawkman
09-24-2017, 04:22 PM
Yep, and Dupree wasn't much better either. It's an awesome game plan for the best OLB on the team to be pretty much inactive. Another one of Tomlin's brilliant decisions.

Dude, I have to ask, what do you base, "best OLB on the team" ? We haven't seen him. Four plays in the Cleveland game and 6-10 plays in pre-season games. Hell he didn't even start to participate with the team until the third week of camp. I love Deebo, but I have no clue whether he can play a quarter. If you have some insider information on his current playing ability, please impart it, and I will do all in my power to help him get more playing time.

43Hitman
09-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Dude, I have to ask, what do you base, "best OLB on the team" ? We haven't seen him. Four plays in the Cleveland game and 6-10 plays in pre-season games. Hell he didn't even start to participate with the team until the third week of camp. I love Deebo, but I have no clue whether he can play a quarter. If you have some insider information on his current playing ability, please impart it, and I will do all in my power to help him get more playing time.
He doesn't have any inside info, he's just gonna play same broken record every week. Even if we win. He's stuck in a negative rut..its all he does, bitch and moan like an old grumpy man.

SteelerFanInStl
09-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Deebo should've been playing today. Chickillo was getting worked on every play. All Chicago was doing was running the ball and Deebo is still great against the run. No, I don't think that he should be starting but his complete lack of playing time is puzzling to say the least.

Moose
09-24-2017, 05:43 PM
I knew it ! Gonna be a long week.

steel striker
09-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Yeah going to be a real long with nothing but questions around this team against sub par teams on the road.