PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Vs. Vikings: Player Snap Counts – Week 2

polamalubeast
09-18-2017, 08:48 AM

Interesting to see that Hilton had 55 defensive snap (out of 66) and Gay had only 20 snap in defense

BurghBoy412
09-18-2017, 09:28 AM

Interesting to see that Hilton had 55 defensive snap (out of 66) and Gay had only 20 snap in defenseIMO this is a good thing

Edman
09-18-2017, 09:40 AM
People are concerned that James Harrison didn't get any snaps.

This isn't like the last two years when the Steelers were forced to play him in the rotation in a desperate attempt to generate a pass rush due to the ineffectiveness of the OLB's. Dupree was hurt, Chickillo wasn't there yet, and Jarvis Jones just sucks.

Now Dupree is healthy(and good), Chickillo has improved, Jarvis is gone, and they have T.J Watt, who is well on his way to being defensive rookie of the year.

Watt is a rookie, and will eventually wear down as the season goes on, and that's when Deebo comes in. Good problem to have.

Born2Steel
09-18-2017, 09:43 AM
I don't think they're saving the better option for a rainy day. James Harrison will go down in Steelers lore as one of the greats. He is no longer the better player at that spot now. He has to be the best backup in the league though.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-18-2017, 10:13 AM
The good IMO is that Hilton is getting a lot of reps in the slot against some sketchy QB's and getting used to that spot. The not so good IMO is that LT Walton should be earning more with the injury to Tuitt, just to spell the 2 starters and he got something like 10 plays, while McCullers is just there for a rainy day as he didn't see a defensive snap.

teegre
09-18-2017, 02:05 PM
The good IMO is that Hilton is getting a lot of reps in the slot against some sketchy QB's and getting used to that spot.

:nod:

He led the team with 9 tackles... and an awesome sack.

NOTE: I have posted this sentence in several threads over the past 24 hours, because a) Hilton is my "surprise/breakout" player of the season, and b) because it is relevant to many threads (player of the game, snap counts, the secondary has improved, et cetera).

RunNGun
09-18-2017, 05:50 PM
Hilton did have a hell of a game. He really brings it when he tackles and he's fearless. Good pickup on Colbert's part. You may be onto something with him breaking out.